atla one shots

Par Polarbear-Pancake

Just a whole bunch of one shots for Avatar: the Last Airbender. I personally like Zuko a bunch, so these will... Plus

1- skin n bones
2- cuddles
3-fire
4- past abuse
5- touch starved
6-kid
7-inner fire
8-blind/deaf
9-father
10- wings
11- attack
12- omega
14- helping
15-fever
16- shifters
17- secret
18- prisoner Zuko
19-spirit
20-polyamorous
21-sleep deprived
22- protective
23- home
24- never have I ever
25-hanging around
26 - Combustion man
27- soulmates
28 - HTTYD AU
29 - chained and whipped
30 - bleeding out
31 - tears
32 - magic AU
33 - Hero Au

13-scars

3.2K 46 25
Par Polarbear-Pancake

This is based on my opinion that Ozai would've added more to Zuko's banishment and not told him, but made everyone else aware of it. By more I mean :whipping him if they crossed his path, beating him, burning him, etc. 

Zuko's pov

I wake in the morning and sigh as the sun shines in my face, it's energy filling me, even where the skin is rough and rigid. I can feel how the ones on my back pull at my shoulders, and how the ones on my sides pull tight when I breathe too deeply. I have been tempted to remove my shirt several times while teaching Aang, to avoid having to fix my clothes or overheat, but I don't want them to see these scars and feel pity for me. So, I leave my shirt on at all times, except for when I sleep. I get up and pull on my clothes, going with ones that are a bit more loose, not enough to fall off my frame, but enough that they won't mess with the scars too often, because today's gonna be one of those days :The skin left sensitive to every brush of the shirt, every passing of the breeze, and the temperature difference. I usually don't have a problem, but this might give me one. 

I grab my swords and carry them beside me as I go to meditate in one of the places that has a nice view of the rising sun. I set the swords aside and then sit down, focusing on my breathing, the path of my chi and then matching inner flame to rise and fall with my breathing. I can feel the fire burning through my veins and I wince when it reaches areas with scars, they are sensitive to even this, but only when I focus on the chi paths, lest it make a real problem. I sigh as the sun rises a little higher, indicating it's been nearly an hour. I stand and grab my swords, before settling into my routine. Swing, parry, thrust and dodge, turn on heel and swish. A noise distracts me and I move too far, pulling hard enough to send a small pain along my side.

I wince and then turn to see what made the noise. It's Katara, who obviously made the noise on purpose, to distract me. I don't glare at her like I kinda want to, instead I give her a nod and go back to practicing. I can feel her gaze, watching and maybe even learning, if only so she can counter and block my every move. Soon, Aang and Sokka come out, followed soon by Toph. I don't know why, but I have a really bad feeling in my stomach, my gut telling me something is going to happen today. We all settle in to eat breakfast,and I smile when Toph drops to the ground beside me. We start to eat and it's relatively silent, until Toph finishes and turns to me. The feeling gets worse and I swallow, prepared for almost anything.

"So, Sparky, why don't you ever take off your shirt?"

I swallow, really wishing she hadn't asked, cause now the others look thoughtful, before realizing that, she's right, I never take off my shirt, and now they're all looking at me. I sigh and set my bowl aside, still almost gone, before trying to decide how to answer.

"How much do you know about Fire-nation banishments?"

They all look confused, so probably not much. Well, given the fact none of them are firbenders, or Fire Nation, I guess that was honestly a given. I should've realized that.

"When someone is banished from the Fire-nation, they are given a set of rules they must abide by, no matter what, or they can be killed, along with anyone associated with them. My father changed my banishment terms."

"What does this have to do with your shirt?"

"My terms where changed to this : never step on Fire-nation land, find the Avatar and bring him home in chains, and if you run into any other fire nation people, they have the right to whip, beat or burn you, as they so wish."

There's a silence and I eat the rest of my food, before setting the bowl on the ground and beginning to stand up. I would like to continue on with my day, but I figure I won't be able to, so I silently make several changes, moving or lengthening some of the activities I had planned today.

"Woah, hold on! You don't get to tell us that and then walk a way. Take off your shirt. Now. I want to see these scars. They can't be that bad, not with you being their crown prince, even if you are banished."

I blink before sighing. I figured she would be the one to bring it up, before grabbing the bottom of my shirt. I hesitate, before stopping.

"Aang's practice will require me to remove my shirt, and since I've already told you, I will let you see then. For now, finish eating and then I will let you see. You might throw up if I show you now. I'll let you feel now, if you want Toph, if you'll follow me to the training ground."

I turn and walk away, hearing Toph follow me, obvisouly she's curious. I figured she would be, so I readily sit down on the ground and remove my shirt, setting it aside. I feel her settle behind me, before her hand rests into my shoulder.

"Are you ready, Sparky?"

"Yes. Move your hand down a few inches and you'll feel the beginning of a group of scars on my back."

I shiver as she starts to explore the mess of scars on my back, from whips,fire and fire whips. I wince when she moves to my sides, but let her continue, because she wants to know. The burns travel along both my sides, in the shape of hand prints. I can't help a shudder when she breaths a gasp of horror when she finishes.

"They really let this happen to you? He ordered it to be so?"

"Yes. My father has no mercy,not even for his family. The ones along my side are hand prints and they held me in place for those, because I was moving when they started the first one. The ones on my back, from whips, fire and fire whips, I was always hung from my wrists, so I barely moved during those ones."

"Zuko..."

I turn around, and readily drag her into a reminiscent hug, since she only calls me by name when she's really upset. I can feel her tears sliding down my skin, but I only pat her back and stroke her hair. I haven't felt like this, like a big brother, in years, since Azula started following Ozai's path at 4. She used to love me, before father told her lies and manipulated her to his perfect little heir. I can't help the sigh I let out, but I readily let Toph go when she gently pulls away. I wipe away her tear tracks with my thumbs, before setting a gently kiss on her forehead a little hesitantly.

I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Big brother... They hurt you. I'm gonna be rougher when fighting the fire-nation next. How dare they hurt you... Can I have another hug, Sparky?"

I drag her back to my chest, settling her head under my chin and resting my cheek on her hair. I hear the others approaching and gently push her back, letting her compose herself, even as I start to stretch for training. I can feel the ones on my back protesting my stretches, especially the ones that require me to bend over and touch my toes, but I continue to do them, wincing as the ones on my side ache. Just like my face. 

"Fuck..."

I look up at the whisper, only to find Sokka walking towards me worry and concern written on his face as he whips me around and places a shaky hand on the center of the scars residing on my back. I feel his eyes following every one, tracing them on occasion, before turning to see the ones on my side more clearly. He moans in sympathy, before gently tracing several burns. He swallows hard,before leaning his forehead on my shoulder. I take his weight and ignore the wetness sliding down my skin, gently rubbing his back and petting through his hair. The other two haven't seen my scars, Sokka hiding them from their view. I let him cry and gaze at the other two, asking them if they really want to see. I gently push Sokka back so I can clear his tear trails, before setting a little less hesitant kiss on his forehead and letting him collapse next time to Toph, who puts an arm around his shoulder. 

I turn to face the oppisite direction so the other two can see my scars and ignore the choked off gasp and silence. I turn to show my sides and easily accept the weight of Aang as he jumps into my arms. I let him nuzzle his head into my neck, whimpering and whining, obviously he wasn't expecting that. I stroke the arrows and shift him around, letting him clasp his arms around my neck, as I let him cry in my neck. I wince. I hadn't meant to make my three younger siblings cry, but I had and now I feel guilt welling in my stomach. I silently decide to cancel firebending training for today, to give them chances to do other things to calm themselves. I have a feeling I'm not going to do much else besides lie down or sit, but I can't fault them. I gently set Aang next to the other two and turn to the final one, who I don't expect anything but a glare. 

"They really did whip you and hurt you, that... that's not.... just why?"

I soften, and open my arms to her, letting her know I will not judge her for anything. I easily accept her as she walks forward and then collapses into my chest. I wrap both arms around her and slide my fingers into her hair, letting the other gently rub circles. I coo and hum, making it loud enough the others can hear me. I smile and then gently set Katara next to the other three, before trying to figure out how to carry them all. I decide to put Aang on my back, and guide the other three. I gently nudge them to the center area, where I place them gently in a circle, where they start to cuddle each other. I yank on my shirt and slide in across from them, before setting a gentle fire. I let them drink in and accept what they just saw, before gently growing the fire, letting its heat soak into them, like I know they'll never accept from me. I groan and stretch, but the shirt is catching on the smaller parts of the scars and making me uncomfortable, so I go to remove the shirt. However, small hands slip up the back and gently hold the shirt away from the scars, before more hands help remove it entirely. I relax as the shirt is gone, no longer rubbing the scars wrong, even as I try to find some way comfortable to sit. A hand that's kinda slippery settles on the scars and I jolt, but then moan as the hand spreads the lotion around, smoothing and soothing the scar, while I gently lie down.

The burns on my side are gently treated, while another hand runs through my hair and more hold me still, gently moving limbs to make sure I'm comfortable, but never not touching me. I relax as the lotion starts to sooth me into sleep, since last night I got so little sleep, with the scar becoming more sensitive as the night wore on. 

"Shh... Sleep, Sparky. We'll not let a single person touch you. Promise."

"Yeah, they'll face us and we'll turn them running, with nothing more than our aura. Sleep."

I relax and let their voices washes over me, sending me into a pleasant rest.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

66.7K 1.3K 14
When Zuko falls ill with a deadly spirit fever Katara learns her healing abilities are the only remedy for his illness. While spending time together...
127K 2.1K 39
The war is finally over but Aang is heart broken after seeing Katara and Zuko together. To avoid the pain, he makes a decision.
767K 11K 52
Oneshots for different atla/Lok characters! (no longer taking requests).
894 66 6
AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER. ❛ ─── I pray my bad dreams will be devoured by your burning light. ❜ ❪ © loverayz & © rkiives 2024 ❫ ❪ fem! oc 𝔁 zuko ❫