I DON'T KNOW YOU

By kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... More

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
06.) ransacked
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
09.) and a little bit of trouble
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
15.) first encounters
17.) nothing was there
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
30.) old friends
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

16.) not so bad

1.5K 53 82
By kvnopsia

• F U N N E H •

Kyran pulled me aside after the others settled down in the rooms, talking about the entire thing privately and quietly.

"They seem nice. Are they your family?" Kyran asked. "Nope, just friends and their parents. My parents are on a business trip," I explained.

"Oh okay. I was just wondering because they don't look like they'd be related to you. Except for maybe Lunar, like a distant cousin," He rambled.

"I wish they were my family. That'd be great. But nah, we're just a group of friends," I shrugged. "Oh, I see. Well, they seem nice," Kyran added.

"They're insane. But they're amazing so I can't help but love 'em, hey?" I chuckled. "I don't want to be rude, but I feel a little awkward with them around," Kyran sighed.

"Oh, it's fine. Social anxiety, eh? I get it. Just take a breather. But they're sweet people, they won't hurt you," I assured him. He nodded and stepped aside, allowing for me to go back into the hotel room.

"Kyran's gonna walk around. People around, you get the idea," I shrugged, explaining to them as I closed the door.

"Oh and earlier we agreed that all the girls would stay in Gold and I's room and all of the boys stay in Kyran's room. Is that fine with you guys?" I asked the group.

They all agreed. "Is it bad that I'm tired?" Rainbow asked, yawning. "No, I think we all are. This week hasn't been the best for any of us," Gold sighed.

"What happened to you guys while you were here?" Draco asked. "Yeah, hun, what happened? You sound upset," Ms. Glare pouted. Both Gold and I sighed.

     "So every year, our school has an End-Of-The-Year-Party to celebrate the end of the school year. Last year it was at the beach and around the time that one of our close friends... uh...." Gold's voice trailed off.

     We never actually told our parents about the stuff that happened at YHS. We never got around to it. And if they knew about the stuff like murders, what if they took us out? I didn't want to lose Alec, Kyran, Aly, Evan, Meghan, Evelyn, Senpai, Yandere or any of our other friends.

     "Well, around that time about two years ago, the dormitories caught on fire. Our friend, Valerie, who was injured and had to stay home from the party was trapped and ended up passing away in the fire," I slowly eased the words out.

    Even after two years, it's hard to even explain it. And it's even harder when you feel like Valerie isn't gone, but here, just not in the same form. Like the field... or the house during the apocalypse... or when Meghan told us she could talk to her.

       "I'm terribly sorry for that," Ms. Glare frowned and looked at us with this sorrowful face. "Yeah, sorry about your friend," Rainbow's dad said.

     The rest of the Krew already knew this story, just in more detail. Gold had told them briefly but it was last summer when they really heard the full thing. So they just frowned.

      "It's okay. It's been two years, hopefully she's been resting all this time," I sighed. Gold whispered into my ear, "More like haunting us all this time."

"But this year, it just... wasn't fun," I sighed, not wanting to worry Gold's mom or Rainbow's dad. "Oh, and there's some left over food in the refrigerator in case any of you are hungry," Gold pointed out.

The Krew got what we were saying and all declined the food, leaving Rainbow's dad and Gold's mom to eat and leave the room.

Once they closed the door, I sat back down in a circle with the rest of the Krew. "So why wasn't it fun?" Lunar asked.

"It was fun at first. We were with Alec, Kyran, Aly, and Evan. But then the lights went out completely a little after you guys called. And we were in a forest. Then someone screamed. And we screamed. So we ran, and ran, and ran. We all found each other afterwards and left," I explained.

"Creepy," Rainbow sighed. "Do you know why the lights went out? Or why someone screamed?" Draco asked. "No, it just sorta happened," Gold frowned.

"No offense, but your school's messed up," Lunar stated. "No comment," Draco sighed. "That's fair," Gold and I shrugged.

Gold yawned, "Dang it, Rainbow. You've made me feel tired." Rainbow giggled. "Honestly, I'm so tired," Draco yawned.

"So am I," I sighed. "You guys are weak," Lunar laughed. "Not everyone is an insomniac, Lunar," Rainbow said.

Lunar stuck her tongue out as a joke. "Ask your parents if they're tired. If they are, we'll go to bed," I ordered. "I'll ask them," Rainbow volunteered.

She got up and left the room, leaving us. The rest of the night is a blur if I'm being honest. We were tired. And when Rainbow said that their parents said they were tired, we went to sleep.

There were only two beds in the two rooms so we ended up cramming together. Rainbow, Gold, and Gold's mom stayed in Gold's bed while Lunar stayed in mine with me.

The guys were more fortunate. Since there were only three of them, their stay was much comfier than ours. At least, when it came to sleeping.

I laid down beside Lunar, our backs facing each other, closed my eyes, and slowly drifted to sleep.

• L U N A R •

     I laid awake in the bed, staring at the wall. I wasn't tired. I rolled my eyes at my lack of tiredness and get up quietly. I couldn't sleep.

      I walked onto the balcony and leaned against the railing, staring at the night sky. We didn't have our clothes or anything, so I was still in the clothes that the teleportation pearl put me in.

      I stared up at the sky and thought of my parents. I wonder where they are now. Somewhere up there. Somewhere in space. Exploring god knows what. Probably something that if they told me, they'd have to kill me afterwards.

    I can't remember how long it's been since they went to space. And they never told me where so I've just been left to imagine. As you get older, you start to become more grounded.

     Imagining them finding aliens and waging a war against them, or traveling at light speed like they're in Star Wars has long been erased. I'm not little anymore. I couldn't stay thinking like that. Fantasy can be real, but sometimes it's better to be grounded than have your head in the clouds.

I missed them. I really missed them. I loved my aunt and uncle but they weren't my parents, they never would be. You can't replace a piece of your heart if the piece you're missing is gone and lost.

And they were that missing piece. I didn't know when they would come back. But it seemed like never. The Krew was my family but they would never be my blood family no matter how much I wanted them to be.

It's so scary. My parents could be gone right now and I would never know. What if they are? Maybe they are. Maybe I am really alone.

My thoughts were interrupted by a noise. I turned around and met face to face with Kyran, the one from here. "Oh, it's you," I sighed.

"Sorry to disappoint you," He frowned. "You didn't disappoint me, I just simply didn't expect it," I explained. "Why're you out here?" He asked.

"Probably the same reason as you," I sighed. "To think?" He suggested. "Yeah. Can't sleep," I shrugged. "What'cha thinking about?" He inquired.

"My parents. They're in space. Work there. Don't know when they'll come back," I summed up. "Oh, sorry to hear about that," He sighed.

I shrugged, "It's no big deal. What're you thinking about?" I asked him. "Stuff. Like my family too and about summer," He explained.

I said, "You and me both, weeb." "Weeb?" He groaned. "Gold and Funneh told me you like anime," I laugh bitterly. "I'm not a weeb," He pouted.

"Dude, relax. I'm a weeb too," I giggled. "Really? What animes?" He got excited. We spent the rest of the night talking about animes.

• K Y R A N •

She's not so bad.

• R A I N B O W •

I yawned and stretched my arms outwards, sighing. It was then that I remembered that I was sharing a bed with two other people. I shrieked as I watched Gold tumble off the bed from my stretching.

     "Gold!" I exclaimed. "Leave me down here.  It's better down here with room than in that bed while being suffocated," She groaned.

        I look around and all the others are up and out and about the two hotel rooms. Had I slept late? I never slept late. It was a waste of a day if I did.

     I stood onto my feet and stretched. The beds were small, which meant cramming three people onto one was suffocating.

      "What time is it?" I asked Funneh. "I don't know. I've been up for a while now though," She said, closing the door behind her as she walked in.

      "Lunar, do you know?" I asked Lunar. She turned away from her phone that she was charging and replied, "I've been binge-watching My Hero Academia all night, I barely even realized it was day."

I walked out of our hotel room and into the boy's room, turning to my dad. "Pa, do you know what time it is?" I inquired. "Two o' clock in the afternoon, Creampuff," He replied.

"Two?" I asked in disbelief. I never slept in. "My phone died and Lunar's borrowing my charger so I can't check," Draco shrugged as he sat on the second bed.

"It's nine in the morning," Someone whispered into my ear. "What?" I looked around. "It's nine. Don't worry, it's not even the afternoon yet," Kyran mumbled.

"Oh, thank goodness," I sighed, "Sometimes my dad isn't always right." "Parents can be wrong. But your dad seems nice. Even told us stories," He explained.

"What stories?" I inquired. "He ever re-tell you the story of how you almost fell off a stage in the second grade?" Kyran chuckled.

     "No! Not that story," I groaned, rubbing my hands against my face in frustration. "Or the time you tried to make your first cupcakes," He listed.

     "God, stop..." I shrieked, covering my ears. "Oh, come on. Parents always tell embarrassing stories of their kids. Trust me, we've all got our share of them," He assured.

      "I've got some embarrassing stories of the Kr— I mean the others," I corrected myself. I forgot that we weren't at home, so the term of calling the others the Krew was foreign to him.

       "Tell me!" He instigated. "Yo' Rainbow! Tell him about the story where Funneh and Gold got pranked in that hotel!" Draco shouted from the bed.

     "Draco, I heard that! Don't you dare tell Kyran that story, Rainbow!" Gold yelled from the other room. "Rainbow, don't tell him that story! And keep your mouth shut, Draco! Stop trying to embarrass us," Funneh snapped from the other room.

    Draco laughed. "Okay, so we had to move because our town flooded because of a storm. While we were moving, we had to stay at hotels. Well, Funneh and Gold stayed at—" I'm cut off.

     "RAINBOW!" I heard two voices yell. All of us laughed. "Are we telling stories? Oh, I've got some of my little Goldie," Ms. Glare smiled brightly, entering the room.

     "Mom!" Gold shrieked. We all bursted into laughter, except for Gold, who was trying to stop her mom from sharing stories of her from when she was younger. But eventually, she laughed too.

• K Y R A N •

She's not so bad.

• D R A C O •

      "Before we head out, should we grab something to eat?" I asked. "I could eat. What about you guys?" Lunar shrugged as she inquired. Everyone agreed.

"Okay. I'll get the food. Anyone wanna come?" I offered, just in case. "You know what we would get. Find Kyran when you're on your way to the cafeteria so that he can tell you what he wants from there," Gold instructed.

"Okay. I'll be back in a little bit," I said. "Oh, here. Use this," Funneh ordered, handing me a rolled up wad of cash. "How do you—" She cut me off.

     "Parents, business, ring a bell?" She juggled around the idea. "Ah, right," I nodded. With the cash in my hand, I hurried out of the rooms and into the hallway.

     The floors were carpeted with red and beige carpet, with flowing designs etched onto it. It looked semi-old, not ancient but it was easy to tell this establishment had been around for a while now.

     As I walked down the hallway, I spotted Kyran walking back from the washrooms. "Aye, Kyran? I'm heading by the cafeteria to grab some food for everyone. They suggested you come with me so they you can pick out what you want," I explained to him.

       He nodded. He didn't talk for a few seconds, which created this awkward silence as we made our way down the long hallway. Finally, though, I spoke up and broke the silence.

     "Funneh told me what happened at the party. You guys okay?" I asked him. "Fortunately, yes. But it was terrifying. We had a similar event happen about two years ago," He replied.

     "Really? Funneh and Gold usually told us everything that happened at Yandere High School. Which one was it?" I inquired.

     "It was for Senpai's birthday. In the woods and we camped for the event like everyone else. We even found an old and abandoned house," He clarified.

     "Oh, was it the one with... Sam? Was that her name?" I asked. "With her disappearance? Yeah. Police say they never found her body so she could be alive," Kyran sighed.

        "Didn't Funneh and Gold say she was a jerk?" I questioned. "Yeah, she was. She was like the Felicia and Brittany back then," He chuckled.

     "The popular and pompous girls?" I laughed. "Those are the ones," He laughed in return. He squinted his eyes for a second, then turned towards me as we walked.

     "How are we gonna get the food? Don't we have to pay for it?" Kyran questioned. I showed him the wad of cash I had tucked in the pocket of my jacket.

     "Woah, that's a lot of money. Where'd you even get that?" He asked, shocked. "Funneh gave me it. Her family gives her money every month for school since they're usually busy," I explained.

     "Busy?" He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, she hasn't told you?" I asked awkwardly, not realizing she hadn't told him about her family.

     "Nope. Come to think of it, she never talks about her family. What's up with that?" Kyran realized. "I shouldn't say; it isn't my place to say, even if I'm one of her best friends," I declined.

     "Can you sum it up for me then? Please?" He begged. "Alright, alright. Her family owns a business that requires them to usually be gone very often. So they give her money every month for when she needs it since they won't be there normally," I explain briefly.

"Wow, never knew that," He shrugged. "Yeah. But wanna hear a bunch of stories since none of the others can stop me from saying them out here?" I offered.

He laughed, "Sure. Tell me all the embarrassing stories." "Oh, man, have I got a bunch of embarrassing stories of them," I chuckled deviously. Then I started to tell him some stories.

• K Y R A N •

He's not so bad.

TWO HOURS LATER...

I tossed the wrapper of the poptart into the trash can, having only been a foot away from it. I wiped my hands on the napkin and cleaned my face.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love food?" Lunar joked, wiping her own mouth to clean her face of the sauce from the burger.

"Same," Gold agreed, taking one last bite of a salad. We all finished eating our food, throwing away the wrappers and trash, before starting to grab our stuff.

Or rather, their stuff since we didn't have ours and we certainly didn't want to risk going back to the neighborhood. For all we know, the hurricane could be making landfall right now.

And we hadn't gotten a chance to check the news about any hurricane updates. We didn't even know what the hurricane was even called.

When we were finished packing up, we did what we had done the night before. In pairs, we snuck last the front desk, avoiding their eyes and their attention.

     And doing that was kind of hard when you've got two cats and a big dog to hide as you go too.

Funneh was the last one to leave the building behind us, needing to pay them for the night. She said she had given them more money even if they didn't know we had stayed.

"Okay, so don't question it, but we're gonna have to break into a dorm," Funneh explained when we we far away from the hotel and near the dormitories.

Everyone went along with it. "Your parents aren't even gonna question it?" I asked, surprisingly. "We already know they can be troublesome. But they're good kids, and they've done worse," Gold's mom informed me.

"Oh, yeah. Y'know, I really hope they take their friendship to the nursing home and even the grave. They've got one strong bond, those kids," Rainbow's dad said to Gold's mom.

It seemed like time was going by so fast. I hadn't even realized that we had reached the dormitories. We wandered around until finding the girl's old dorm, which was near our old ones.

"Give me a boost," Funneh ordered, wandering around to the back of the dorm. Draco bent down and cupped his hands, forming a way to boost her up to reach the windows.

Once she's lifted up, she pushed the window open. It was small, but barely able to fit us all through. She struggled to open it, but she did get it opened.

One by one, we all climbed into the dorm through the window. We hauled the animals in too. It felt so weird to see the dorm so bare and empty as it lacked its furniture and personality. It was just a clean slate again at that point.

"Draco and Lunar are going to come with me to buy some supplies like food and sleeping bags. We'll be back. And don't draw any attention," Funneh instructed us.

Obeying her wishes, she and the other two snuck back out of the dorm, leaving us. God, I really hope they wouldn't get caught.

Please don't get caught.

-/•\-

L U N A is typing...💬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 128 13
(Y/N) one day went to high school called Yandere High school for short YHS and when she was just a kid she got hit by a car and went into a coma and...
3K 117 10
~All characters belong to ItsFunneh and her siblings, The Krew! ~Picture for the cover does NOT belong to me, credit to the owner! I do not know the...
18.8K 848 33
june 14, 2022 hello it's moodii here, omg if you hate really bad written characters and bad plot points dont click on this book ITS SO OLD IM SORRY...
29.3K 1.1K 35
After Funneh and Gold leave YH for an emergency back in Canada,Alec,Kyran and Evan meet a strange man and he asks them to join his team. His agency. ...