𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ✶...

By 96hllnd

❝ 𝟗𝟗𝟗, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐘? ❞ Naomi Hua worked as an emergency dispatcher for many yea... More

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇, 𝐎𝐒𝐓 & 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑
𝐢. 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
an
𝐯𝐢. 𝐚 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

𝐢𝐯. 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

924 50 72
By 96hllnd

𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘
𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖 —𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝐍𝐀𝐎𝐌𝐈 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 opened her eyes when she noticed two heads floating above hers. Their mouths were moving, saying something but she couldn't hear what it was. All she knew was that the pitch black expanse of space had been traded in for halogenic blue lights surrounding her and a glass shield that protected her from the heads.

She could hear the glass door open as the air escaped, letting the noises come inside.

"Naomi, it's alright. Just breathe slowly," Graham told her soothingly.

Ryan helped her out of the pod, Naomi thankful that this time she wasn't wearing her heels as her brown flats hit the metal floor.

"So, where are we?" Naomi asked, scratching the back of her head.

"On a spaceship," Graham told her lightly.

"My spaceship!" a woman in the front shouted.

"Who's that?" Naomi asked, peeking into the cockpit but only catching a glimpse of rusty blonde hair.

"She says she's the pilot," Graham explained.

Ryan seemed to have finally come to his senses as he kept his wide eyes opened in surprise, "We were in space. No way. We were in that warehouse and then, we were in space," Ryan concluded.

"Yeah," Graham nodded

"How're we in space?!" he shouted softly, shifting his gaze between the two adults around him.

"I've got no idea," Graham muttered.

The pilot stepped out of her seat and made her entrance, leaning against the door frame as she smiled cockily at them.

"I scooped you," she explained. "That was a very sneaky trick of his," the pilot continued to talk to herself, shaking her head in amusement. "especially coming out of hyper-jump. Now, you could have been killed!" she shouted, pointing between Naomi and Ryan.

"Listen," Graham insisted, walking over to her. "I keep telling you, we haven't got a clue what you're talking about."

The pilot smiled mockingly, turning back to her seat as she said, "Oh, have it your own way."

"Where in space are we?" Ryan asked.

Naomi had a sinking feeling that they would never really know where they were. Just off somewhere to be dumped and never be seen again. Just asking the question was going to lead to more questions.

"Just off the final planet, which is out of orbit. Not where it should be, but I'll still find it," the pilot mused, punching in a few buttons.

"What do you mean 'final planet'? How can a planet be final?" Ryan asked, standing right beside the pilot.

"You are a very funny little bonus," the pilot laughed, all her teeth showing as she smiled.

Naomi furrowed her brow, "Why do you talk about us as if we're cattle?"

The pilot was confused by Naomi's metaphor. "Cattle? I don't know what that is, but if you're saying what I think you mean, it's because you are."

"Where's Yaz and the Doctor? Are they here?" Ryan asked, catching Naomi's attention away from the odd pilot.

"No," Graham solemnly shook his head. "I don't know where they are. I've been trying to get her to look for them," he pointed to the pilot. "I-I said there was five of us."

"And I said I only saw the three of you," the pilot pushed back, a frown making up her features. "I mean, things were moving pretty fast." The pilot's instruments started to beep as the whole room started to shake more than before. "Speaking of which, landing ahead. Lock yourselves back in," she directed them, pointing to the back of the ship.

"We're not doing anything, unless you turn this thing around and go look for our friends," Graham spat in her face.

"There'd be no point. If they were still there, they'd be dead," the pilot exclaimed, sadly shaking her head at them.

'They can't be dead," Ryan whispered.

"It'll be alright. If she scooped us up, maybe someone else scooped them up," Naomi muttered, patting Ryan's chest as she walked into the back of the ship to lock herself in.

   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐌, 𝐀𝐒 the pilot had introduced herself, directed the three to a small piece of the floor that would allow them to gradually fall to the sandy ground beneath them. Angstrom had covered her nose and mouth in a beige clothe and her eyes had goggles over them as they landed. She stepped off, making her way across the sandy terrain as Graham, Ryan and Naomi stood in amazement.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Ryan shouted after Angstrom.

"I need to survey the atmospheric data," she explained.

"We're on an alien planet, Naomi, Graham," Ryan sighed.

"It's gorgeous," Naomi sighed, stepping off the floor and onto the sand.

She was quite thankful then that she hadn't gone to work that day, wearing more casual, hot weather clothes. With green cotton pants and a white button up shirt. She put her sunglasses on that had been tucked into her shirt as she looked out at the three suns.

"Well, the three suns in the sky are a bit of a giveaway," Graham sarcastically said.

"What do we do? Should we follow her?" Ryan asked, as Naomi had already made her trek towards Angstrom.

"Maybe they're here," Ryan said with a grin, thinking back to what Naomi had said. "Yaz and the Doctor. Maybe they're safe."

   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐀𝐃 led them across the sandy dunes, Naomi noticing that her skin was turning a slight shade of red.

"I'm going to have the worst sunburn of my life," she muttered to Ryan who nodded as he noticed it too.

"Love," Graham had called to Angstrom, striding beside her. "Whoever you think we are, we're not, alright?"

"Are you still pleading ignorance?" she asked with a shake of her head.

From behind them, a low rumble sounded, slowly gaining on them but neither Naomi nor Ryan were sure what the noise was.

"Do you guys hear that?" Ryan asked, turning around to see a bright light in the sky slowly becoming a spaceship.

"Finskad, how did he even make it?" Angstrom asked herself as they all stared at the ship.

"There's another spaceship," Ryan shouted, looking up at the busted ship coming right at them.

"Another spaceship about to crash land," Graham agreed.

Ryan was quick to run forward, out of the way as he pushed past Angstrom and Graham. The two and Naomi continued to watch as the ship got closer to them until it was too close to keep staring at.

"Oh, don't just stand there! Run!" Angstrom shouted, pushing Graham and Naomi forward as they ran down the small ditch they were in. "Keep going! Run, run, run, run, run, run, run!" she continued to shout.

The ship continued to get closer, touching the ground just as Ryan fell. Naomi and Angstrom held back, trying to pull him up by the arms. The sand swirling around them, the ship starting to screech to a stop.

Out of the wind and dust, when Ryan was safe and back on his feet, came the Doctor in all her glory.

"Doctor!"

"Sorry about the mess," she apologized, walking down to meet them.

"Yaz! You're alive," Ryan cheered.

She smiled kindly as Naomi shot over to hug her tightly, moving on to the Doctor afterwards.

"We thought you were both dead," she muttered, lightly hitting the Doctor on the shoulder who just smiled kindly.

"Right, quick update," the Doctor started, directing her attention back to the people she had gotten stuck here. "I made a terrible mistake. We shouldn't be here. I'm gonna fix it and get you guys home. I promise. As soon as I figure out where we are."

"How you gonna do that?" Graham asked.

"Not sure. Treating it as a chance to surprise myself," she explained, starting to walk off before turning back to them. "Oh! By the way, welcome ot what I presume is your first alien planet. Don't touch anything. Come on! Let's try this way."

The four looked between each other, mainly Graham, Ryan and Naomi who were covered in sand and dust. They weren't even given a second to get ahold of their bearings with the Doctor around, but it seemed to be part of her charm.

They stood down on a small rock as they looked across at the sand. Angstrom and Epzo, the man flying the other spaceship, stood back up top, bickering.

"We could try going that way," the Doctor muttered, licking her finger before holding her hand up. "It might be the best."

"We could go anyway, we'd still end up with six inches of sand in our shoes," Yasmin muttered, crossing her arms.

"I'm still going to turn brown by the end of the day, I don't really care where we go. As long as it's off this planet," Naomi told the Doctor, taking off her shoes so that she could let the sand drain out.

A loud alarm started to blast all around them, the two pilots getting excited as they jumped down.

"Here we go!" Angstrom shouted, putting her backpack on.

"What do you mean 'here we go'? 'Here we go' where? To what?" the Doctor asked, the five of them following after Angstrom and Epzo.

"Where are we actually going?" Ryan asked.

"Come on," Angstrom urged them.

They continued to trek across the sand, the Doctor feeling around in her pockets as she seemed to come across something. "Oh! I forgot I put stuff in these pockets," she laughed, holding out a bottle of sunscreen to Naomi.

"Won't I need something like SPF 300 because of the three suns?" Naomi asked, taking the bottle with a small smile as she started to put it on.

"You'll be fine," the Doctor waved her off.

"All this sand is getting in my eyes, something rotten," Graham groaned.

"Want to borrow my shades?" the Doctor asked, handing the horn-rimmed glasses over to Graham who took them with a smile and put them on without a care. "They're an old pair of mine. I say 'mine'. I can't remember who I borrowed them off now. It was either Audrey Hepburn or Pythagoras."

"Eh?" Graham choked. "Pythagoras never wore shades."

"You obviously never saw him with a hangover," the Doctor said back, hurrying her pace as the two pilots stopped at the sight of something.

"Do you two know what that is?" the Doctor asked, staring down at the tent.

There was a moment of silence until Epza muttered, "It's a tent."

"Well." The Doctor clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Obviously it's a tent. I meant, oh! Nevermind. Come on," she called to the four. "No dawdling."

The five walked to the tent, Epzo and Angstrom inside by the time they reached the curtains. They stopped with the Doctor who had her nose scrunched up by the three suns and looked between them cautiously.

"I still don't know what's going on. It could be dangerous. Well, probably is dangerous."

"Can I ask," Graham interrupted. "If we are on an alien planet, with aliens, how can we understand ;em? Ain't they talkin' Alien?"

"Let's have a look," the Doctor said, tugging on Naomi's shoulder and brushing the hair from her neck to see the magenta light illuminating the back of her neck. "Yeah, medi-pods have put implants into each of you. Standard procedure," she explained, letting go of Naomi's shoulder. "Checks for a universal translator, implants one if you don't have one."

"Eh? Well, can people and things stop putting stuff inside me without my permission?" Graham asked loudly.

"If I had my TARDIS, you wouldn't need them," the Doctor explained. "Anyway, shall we?"

The five entered the tent, draped in silks and fine cloths all around. Across from the entrance sat a man with ancient robes, long black hair and brown skin similar to Indian complexion, although Naomi didn't think they would have an Indian outer space.

"This is lavish," the Doctor mused, staring at all the pillows that surrounded the man. "For a tent. I'm the Doctor. These are my new best friends: Ryan, Naomi, Graham and Yaz," she introduced them.

"Now," the Doctor continued, taking her hand and slashing it through the man's stomach. The room and the man all became pixelated, waning between the three suns and the protection of the tent before it returned to normal. "Ah! I see. Hologram. Thought it might be. Good one, though. I love a good hologram." She turned back to the four with a small smile. "I was a hologram once, for three weeks. The gossip I picked up!

"What are you?" she asked, turning back to the man. "Projection reality or AI interface? 'Cause if you're interface," she muttered, squatting down and looking up. "Those are excellent nose hairs."

The man looked away from the Doctor, unamused, as he looked at Epzo. "Who are these people?"

"Bonuses," Angstrom piped up on the opposite side of the tent as Epzo.

"No."

"What?" Epzo asked.

"I told you. Bonuses and snaketraps are over," he explained.

"They were hanging in the starfield when we exited hyper. Are you saying we scooped them for nothing?" Epzo asked, a quiver in his tone that could easily turn to outrage.

Naomi took a few steps away from where she stood near Epzo and closer to Ryan.

"Yes," the man agreed.

"I sacrificed my ship!" Epzo shouted.

"Yeah, sorry," the Doctor interrupted. "Some of this is my fault. Hi," she greeted the man, regaining his attention. "We're loads of solar systems away. I was trying to find my own ship. I got a fix on it here, and then it all went quite badly wrong, actually. These four have been very good, not going on about it. Very grateful you came along.

"Can I ask, what is actually going on here? 'Cause I'm confused. Are you confused?" she asked, turning back to the four of them.

"Pretty confused," Yasmin agreed.

"Proper confused," Ryan nodded.

"Quite confused," Naomi said.

"I'm way beyond confused," Graham said, taking off his sunglasses.

"You're intruding on the final stage of the last ever Rally of the Twelve Galaxies," the man said once they had finished.

"So, what, like a race? Like Paris-Dakar in space? Are you two space racing each other?" the Doctor asked, looking beside herself to look at Angstrom and Epzo.

"We're the finalists," Angstrom whispered with a large smile.

"4,000 entered, two are left. Only one will claim the prize."

"What's the prize?" Ryan asked.

"3.2 trillion krin," the man said.

"3.2 trillion what?" the Doctor asked.

"Krin," Angstrom supplied.

"How much is krin?" the Doctor asked.

"200 kavlons," Angstrom told her.

"It's 94 volars," Epzo added.

"No.:

"4,000 trinities."

"Uh, in old money."

"Bit behind on my exchange rates," the Doctor muttered.

"Enough to provide a lifetime of comfort on a safe world for the winning pilot and their entire clan," the man said, finishing their discussion on the exchange rates.

"Are we eligible too?" Ryan asked, getting a quick elbow to the stomach from Naomi.

"No, you're irrelevant," Epzo said, not even looking at him.

"Get on with it," Epzo called to the man impatiently. "Tell us the task."

The man nodded, "The final challenge is to cross the terrain, survive the planet, make your way to the other side of the mountains, and the first one to get to the site marked as the Ghost Monument will be crowned the winner and transported off this planet."

There was a pause in his statement before he continued, "The loser will not.

"You can't leave one of us here!" Angstrom shouted in defiance, "The ships are out of fuel!"

The man stood, although a hologram, terrifying as he leaned down to look in Angstrom's face.

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot do with my own race. You knew the risks when you joined." He walked away from Angstrom, a cheery smile back on his face as he raised his arms. "Biggest ever prize. Biggest ever risk.:

"Wait!" Graham shouted, looking between the three aliens. "Hang on! What about us?"

"Shut up," Epzo sneered. "You're not part of this."

"Excuse me! We are human beings. Show a bit of solidarity," Graham shouted.

"I'm Moxturan. She's Albarian," Epzo stated, pointing at Angstrom, to show they didn't need to show any 'solidarity' to them.

"Never even heard of 'mooman beans'," Angstrom agreed, pinching her lips together.

"Beings. Human beings," Ryan corrected. "Earth."

"Have we come so far that we're not even known?" Naomi asked.

"Nope," Epzo shook his head.

"Pretty cruel race. Leaving the loser stranded," the Doctor said, moving past the bickering.

"Well, the Rally is a test of survival. How far will we go? How will we react when challenged? It's the ultimate test," the man explained to the Doctor.

"Interesting use of the word 'we' seeing as though you're not here," she hissed, walking behind the man as she scanned him. "Projected in from a very long way away."

"I started the Rally. I competed and I won, and now I'm going to end it," he told her, turning back to Epzo and Angstrom. "No sabotage, no injuries and no killing each other."

"Shame," Epzo muttered.

"Instant disqualification applies. Now, take your meds, don't travel at night and don't drink the water, in fact, don't even touch the water. This entire planet has been made cruel."

"Made cruel how?" the Doctor asked.

The man glossed over her, as he continued with his instructions, "You have one single piece of assistance—Transport. Provided by the water. Get across the water, through the ruins, and the site of the Ghost Monument is on the other side of the Mist Swamps."

"Mist what?" Yasmin asked.

"Your route trackers are over there. Good luck."

The Doctor caught the man as he finished, "I know you prefer to ignore me, but what is it, this Ghost Monument?"

"The site was named by the ancient settlers. It appears in exactly the same place every thousand rotations," he explained.

"I've got my tracker, I'm good to go," Angstrom said.

"See you for the prize, Ilin," Epzo called at the door of the tent. "I'll finally get to light my Althusian cigar," he sighed, holding up a short, thick cigar. "Saving it for the win."

"What does it look like, this monument?" the Doctor pushed.

"What does it matter?" the man asked, walking right through her.

"Look at us," she argued, the six standing in front of a table. "Five people who barely know each other, stranded on a planet called Desolation. No route trackers, no way off, and judging by what you've told us, very little hope of survival. I need all the information I can get, including, but not limited to, what this Ghost Monument actually looks like when it appears."

The man caved, letting another hologram appear before them. An odd sight in the sandy desert, a blue police box that seemed oddly familiar to Naomi. As if she had seen that exact one before.

"That's an old police box," Graham laughed.

"I've seen it before though," Naomi said, furrowing her brows.

"Like the one on Surrey Street?" Yasmin asked her.

"No, no, that one's green," Naomi said softly.

"This don't make any sense," Yasmin muttered, shaking her head.

"It makes sense to me," the Doctor whispered, her breath taken by the sight. "Oh, thank you. Thank you so much. That'll do."

The man smiled at the Doctor, "Well, I'm sorry I can't be of any more help."

"I really don't think you are," Naomi said loudly behind the Doctor.

"You're right," the man nodded, the hologram disappearing around them.

"Oh, bye then!" the Doctor shouted at the man who was long gone. "He was a bit full of himself."

"I've got a couple of questions," Yasmin stated, raising her hand slightly.

"A couple? I got a book full," Graham said, putting his shades back on. "But shouldn't we keep up with those two before they get too far away?"

"Yes," the Doctor nodded, heading in their direction. She stopped, looking back at the four she had brought with her. "Now, I know this is a bit of a shock—"

"Well, you could say that," Graham interrupted. "I mean, we have been dumped in space. We've got spaceships crashing all around us. Now, we are marooned on a planet that everyone else is racing to get away from."

"Alright, anyone can focus on the negatives," the Doctor told him gently.

"Well, what are the positives?!"

The Doctor smiled brightly, "What he called the Ghost Monument, that's my ship, it's here!"

"What? The old police box?" Graham asked, lifting his shades.

"Didn't look all that," Ryan muttered.

"It's very all that, thank you very much," the Doctor said to Ryan defensively. "Don't you see? I got it mostly right. I tracked my TARDIS here, but the planet had fallen out of orbit. We landed where the planet should have been. It looks like the engines are stuck in a loop, phasing in and out of time and space. If we get to it when it phases in, I should be able to stabilise it. Then I can get you back home."

"Definitely? If we get there, you can get us off this planet alive?" Yasmin asked.

"Yaz, I promise. I will keep you alive and I will get you back home. I'm really good in a tight spot. At least, I have been, historically. I'm sure I still am. If we stick together, if you trust me, we can get out of this," she told them with a hopeful smile, waving her hand for them to follow. "Right. Let's get shift on."

Naomi and the other three had fallen behind the Doctor as they crossed the harsh terrain. For a while, Naomi had been stuck in her thoughts. If the Doctor had a ship that could fly all over time and space, would she ever want some company? Or did she jump from one travel to the next making friends for only a moment? Naomi hopped it was the former of the two, she wanted to escape her dull life in exchange for something better than anything she could ever imagine.

When they got to her ship, her TARDIS as she said. Maybe, she could convince the Doctor for one more trip. One more time to change her life for the better.

"Do you think she's telling the truth?" Ryan asked. "Do you really think she can get us off here?"

"She saved Karl, she got the better of Tim Shaw," Yasmin reflected on their last adventure together.

"And she did jump a crane," Naomi added.

"Don't know what would've happened if she hadn't have been there," Yasmin nodded.

"Oh, Yaz is right," Graham called form the back. "I mean, she's our best hope. Or only option, depending on your politics."

"Guess so," Ryan agreed. "Don't argue with the wisdom of Graham, eh?" he asked sarcastically.

"So, we're sticking with Graham, are we? and not "Grandad"?" Graham asked, picking a fight that Naomi did not want to be in the middle of.

"Yes, Graham."

The four walked up the dock in their silence as the Doctor had come between Angstrom and Epzo, her finger on his throat until she let go, the man now coughing as he sputtered for breath.

"And this boat doesn't work," Angstrom told her.

"Oh, uh, me and Ryan will take a look," Graham volunteered.

"Will we?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, well, those NVQ classes must be good for something. An engine's an engine," Graham shrugged.

"Not a space engine!" Ryan shouted.

You don't get to take charge here," Epzo stated. "This is about me and her fighting to win."

"We're all going to the same place and that boat is big enough for all of us," Yasmin argued.

"Yaz is right. If we get it started, we all get on board," the Doctor nodded.

"I know what this is," Epzo said with a smirk. "You're part of Ilin's game. You're saboteurs, sent to throw us off."

"You think the whole universe is out to get you," Angstrom sighed.

"How's your family, Angstrom?" Epzo asked, striking a nerve as her face fell and she became silent.

Naomi watched as Angstrom walked off the dock, keeping herself to her thoughts. "Are you alright?" Naomi asked her taking a seat on a piece of broken ship.

"Fine, I'm fine," Angstrom pushed her off. "Thank you," she said immediately after.

"We ladies need to look after each other," Naomi smiled, winking at Angstrom who smiled.

"I've never seen so much water," Angstrom mused, as she looked out at the small lake.

"Even with all the planets you've been to in this race?" Naomi asked.

Angstrom shrugged, "Yes, well, Albar doesn't have this much water. It's an odd sight to see when we get to it."

Yasmin had joined them after she finished talking to the Doctor, joining them where they sat. "You're Albarian, you said?" Yasmin asked Angstrom, who seemed to perk up at the question, turning her body more so to the two women.

"Yes, the planet of Albar," she agreed. "It's tiny, crammed full of rusting high-rises. Everyone wants to leave any way they can. Even more so since—" Angstrom stopped herself from saying too much.

"Since what?" Yasmin asked, Naomi lightly tapping Yasmin's thigh in a silent way of saying 'hush'.

Angstrom put her guards back up, a large frown sculpting into her features as she pulled her goggles off to put in her backpack. "I don't know you."

The Doctor jogged over to the three, calling, "Up and running. All aboard."

   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐘𝐀𝐙, can you believe it? Alien planet, man," Ryan whispered in the back of the boat.

They had all boarded, sitting around with Angstrom at the back steering.

"I know," Yasmin smiled.

"This planet doesn't make any sense," the Doctor muttered, her sonic out as she scanned. "No other life forms except us and the microbes in the water. No people. No animals, no insects, no nothing. But he talked about the old settlements.What happened here?" she asked.

"No one cares," Epzo laughed, taking a vile and downing it.

"Don't take him personally. He treats everyone like this," Angstrom assured the Doctor.

"I don't need other people," Epzo shrugged.

"We all need other people, mate," Graham said.

"We're all alone. That's how we start and end, and this is a natural state of all points in between," Epzo disagreed, a small, miserable smirk still on his lips.

"How can you say you were born alone when you've been pushed out of your mother's womb and are placed right into her arms?" Naomi asked, leaning back into the boxes, crossing her legs from where she sat in front of Epzo.

Epzo rolled his eyes, "You are born alone," he repeated himself. "You die alone. It's the natural thing that happens. Your mother is not there because she wants to be."

"Were you born that miserable or did you have to work at it?" Graham asked.

"When I was four," Epzo started to tell them a story. "my mum told me to climb a tree. She made me climb until I was too scared to climb any higher. Then she told me to jump into her arms. 'Don't worry,' she said. 'I'm your mum. I'm here for you. I'll catch you.' So, I jumped and she moved out of the way."

"What? Sorry, did you say your mum did this to you?" Yasmin asked in shock.

"And I thought my mum was the devil," Naomi mused.

"Smashed into the ground, broke this arm, shattered that ankle. She stood over me and she said, 'Now you've learned. You can never trust anyone in this life.'"

"That is messed up."

"Best thing she ever did for me. I love my mum," Epzo sighed, that grin still on his face as he reminiscent about his mother.

"Yeah, she sounds terrific," Graham sarcastically replied.

"Your mum was wrong," the Doctor told Epzo, leaning out so she could see him. "We're stronger together.

   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐏𝐙𝐎'𝐒 little tantrum, he had dozed off, leaving the rest in a somewhat peaceful silence.

"I see your mate's dropped off," Graham noticed. "It's nice to see him quiet."

"Yeah. He can nap anywhere. Famous for it," Angstrom told them with a small smile.

"How many stages are there in the Rally?" the Doctor asked.

"This time? 209 terrains, 94 planets. We start the race with nothing and barter our way up," she told them.

"Is it worth it?" the Doctor asked.

The soothingly smile on Angstrom's face had been replaced with one with force, trying to keep her high spirits up but one that showed she thought that the Doctor's question was somewhat funny to her, in a morbid sense. "To ensure enough for my family's safety? Yeah. Albar is being systematically cleansed. Half my family are in hiding. The others are on the run. This is my only chance to bring us back together."

"S,o you left your family to do this?" Yasmin asked, as if accusing her of trying to help bring her family together.

"I left my family to try and save my family," Angstrom told her. "They told me to. If I win, I find them, rescue them... If they're alive to be rescued. And whatever happens here, it's a better chance than I have back home."

"You make me want a family to miss," Naomi laughed.

Yasmin smiled lightly, "Yeah, you make me miss my family. That's quite some achievement, considering my dad drives me mad and my sister's trying to get me to move out so she can have my bedroom. And I only saw them yesterday."

"Don't ever take them for granted," Angstrom advised her, a teary gaze trained on her.

"Oh, you all look shattered."

"You should all rest," the Doctor advised them. "I'll wake you when we get there."

"Are you not going to sleep?" Naomi asked quietly.

The Doctor shook her head, a wind whipping inside that made Naomi shiver from the open window.

"No, I'll be fine," she whispered, standing up and draping her cloak on top of her so she could rest easy. 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 !

uh, hey, i got this up. i feel like it looks a little rushed. i'm sorry, i was getting tired but wanted to finish it. i'll edit it up so that it looks a bit cleaner. i tried my best to get naomi in there but i think at some points i started to doze off and totally forgot she was there...

anyways, i hope you liked it no matter that. i really enjoyed this episode. i don't really know why, i just loved Angstrom. which, side not, sorry if her name is spelled wrong. i had such a problem writing it. i think in my head i wanted to write armstrong so it came out arnstrong, angstrom, etc.

𝟗𝟗𝟗 !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 338 14
𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘨𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦�...
398K 13.2K 54
"I AM DEFINITELY A MADMAN WITH A BLUE BOX." - The Doctor He was just...
1.5K 33 9
The Doctor and Donna have been traveling for a while and everything is fine until the storm in space. The Doctor vanishes and appears in the 13th Doc...
380 5 11
The Doctor saved the universe from the final flux event and made some discoveries about her past in the process. To take her mind off it all, The Doc...