Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 60

2K 191 56
By ShonaLover

Reyaansh was working in garden.With hammer on some small wooden box.Varna was bored staying at home.Whole day Pranush kept her busy.She preferred to do her work.When gets time.It was still with feeling.She couldnt except this place as her home.All were giving her time.But they treat her as family member.Today Pranush was with Lata as she strictly asked her to rest.For some time.She was watching Reyaansh on garden doing something.She wanted to know what he was busy with.As she stepped outside.She could feel something on her feet.Her eyes widened.She saw who was looking at her.With round eyes.Trying to touch her feet.She shrieked loudly about to fall back.Bumping into person.

Vivaan held her from waist.Frowning at her.When he saw small puppy.Going away scared from Varnas loud voice.Varna was sweating.When she realized she was caught by him.She moved away.Giving him look.Ran from there as fast she could.Vivaan was left angry.He shaked his head.Girl who can make whole world.Scared of her attitude.Was scared of small puppy.

Few more days passed.It was dinner time.Everyone was called for dinner.Varna was trying to make Pranush sleep.He has become more naughty with time.He wanted to be awake.Playing and be in her lap.One thing everyone noticed.Being person she was.Varna never raised voice on Pranush.He was naughty baby.But not even once it raised her temper.She was as patient as mother.Trying to handle him in best way.Shivani and Vikram were relieved.Seeing this and now their concern was Vivaan.Which direction their relationship was heading to.

Nandini knocked on door.Asking Varna from eyes.She kissed Pranush.After efforts making him sleep.Helper was asked to stay with him in room.She left with Nandini.It was bit difficult for her to have dinner with everyone.All get busy with regular talks.Except her who sit in corner.And eat very less.If someone initiates conversation.She says yes or no.Vivaan returned from office and went to freshen up.Shivani was observing Varna.She has seen her talking with Nandini.Least some kind of improvement was there.Vivaan came down folding sleeves of his shirt.Reyaansh and Nandini were arguing over something.All were busy when Varna frowned.She felt something wet on her feet.

She looked at others normal.Continued to eat but again.She sensed some movement under table.When she looked down.She found two puppies near her feet.One licking her foot.Another one staring at her.She widen her eyes in horror.Got on her feet making everyone shock.In process plate fell down from table.Including jug and other things.Everyone was shocked see her like that.Varna went to hide behind Nandini.Clutching on to her shoulder tightly.She shut her eyes.Finding puppies approaching her.Caught in time by Reyaansh.

Sh-"How did they entered house.Like this?Rey whats wrong."

Reyaansh and Vivaan tried to catch.Naughty babies who were running around house.Helpers came out also.Trying best.Mess was cleaned in time.Till Reyaansh caught two puppies.Rest three were found by Vivaan.Varna was sweating.Nandini made her sit and have some water.Shivani went to her.

Sh-"Its ok Varna.Nothing to be scared of.See they are gone.Rey and Vivaan.What are they doing here?"

N-"Varna they are puppies.So small and innocent.Dont worry they wont bite."

Var-"I want to.Go from here.Please I cant."

Varna was sweating continuously.Finding difficult to breath.Vivaan saw that from corner of eyes.Rubbing puppies head.He signalled Reyaansh to come out with him.Vikram left for room.Done with dinner and Nandini went to get something for Varna.She was holding Shivanis hand.Still scared as puppies were making noise.Shivani smiled at her.Touching her head affectionately.

V-"Easy easy.Relax no more running.Rey where did they come from.I have been trying find them.For months."

R-"Anna they came back few days ago.I fixed up house for them in garden.See they are so notorious.Came here.Saving themselves from mothers eyes.She must be worried for them."

Varna watched Reyaansh and Vivaan.Smiling and being friendly with puppies.Sight terrified her and she felt running from there.Vivaan looked at small bundles.Rest of two came to him.Getting same love.

R-"Look what you all did.Bad boys.Scared Varna.Hey Varna I think you havent met them.Their mother Alice disappeared once.Came back when she found husband for herself.Alice was name given by Ramya Anni.She was so fond of her that.We all decided to make home for her here.Now they are proud parents."

Vivaan noticed that all words didnt melt Varna.She stood stiff.Frowning at puppies.Ramya doted on them.She was so caring for Alice.Equally loved by her.He didnt knew when he started.Loving dogs after he saw.Affection on her.Few days ago he saw.Fear in Varnas eyes.Dislike for them.Sisters were different from one another.He kept on thinking while.Puppy ran away to Varnas direction.Glass fell from her hands.She stood up.Going away warning little one.

Var-"No dont come here.Go away else."

She ran upstairs with Shivani.Trying to call out for her.Reyaansh stood confused.He thought she was Ramyas sister.So maybe she had same love and likes.But he was wrong.he took it in normal way.

V-"Rey take them back inside their house.Make sure someone is there to check on them."

Sh-"Vivaan wait.I think Varna is scared of dogs.Its better if we dont let them.be here.What if she gets scared."

V-"They wont go anywhere Mom.Ramya loved them.They were here because of her.Now this is their home."

Sh-"We have to think about Varna too now.Maybe she has some problem.Poor soul looks terrified."

V-"You guys handle her.But Alice and her family.Wont be moved from here.I will make sure they dont come here."

Vivaan went to his room.Shivani was in deep trouble.With each passing day.She wasnt sure how to mend things.Days were running and time.She has seen Varna shifting to next room again.Once issue was fixed.She has no way to stop her.One thing she was convinced on.Unlike Ramya Varna was stubborn.It wasnt easy to make her do anything.It wasnt right also to impose anything on her.They knew this cannot be rushed.For both Varna and Vivaan.Something has to be done.Whole life cant be passed like this.

Sh-"Vikram Im worried for Vivaan.Varna too.Both are not taking any step.To understand each other.If they keep themselves.Away from each other.Like this.I feel very scared."

V-"You are thinking too much.Let right time come.Its too early Shivani.Vivaan loved Ramya.You think its easy to give her own sister same place.She had in his life."

Sh-"Thats what I thought.But Varna has same face so."

V-"You thought it will be easy.They may look alike.But far different from each other.Keep this in mind.Let time take its course."

Sh-"You are right.I was wrong to think like that.Its more difficult for Vivaan to move on.Because Varna looks like Ramya.Reminds him of her.Things can only change if.Both try to understand each other."

Reyaansh was sleeping.When he felt his wife nudging him.He wasnt moving at all.Nandini frowned and hit him.Switching on light.He grumbled and hid his face in pillow.She took it back from him.

N-"Rey get up.I know you are away.Dont act now.Get up."

R-"Nandu this is no time to romance.Alice gave me hard time today.Im dead tired.Can we continue this tomorrow.Good night sweetheart."

N-"Shut up.I want to talk about something important.You are such idiot.Get up."

He threw pillow and got up.Making face.She shifted closer to him.He rubbed his eyes.Taking yawns.Nandini was thinking something.

R-"Now speak.Or let me sleep."

N-"Rey please.You know already six months passed.Since Varna came to house.But cant you see.Nothing changed.Yes Vivaan Anna looks better now.Pranush health improved.They still live in separate rooms."

R-"What do you expect Nandu.Its two people with different minds.But same attitudes.Both are equally stubborn.So can we expect.Them move on easily?Anna loved Ramya Anni.She is still there in his mind."

N-"When Im saying she shouldnt be there in his mind.Rey its not that easy.But one has to move on.You think one can survive without love and support.In life?One day will come when he will feel.Absence of partner."

R-"You are right.What can we do.Did you talk with Varna.She hardly opens up with us.After whatever happened today.Hope Anna wont be angry at her again."

N-"I do talk with Varna.In fact Im only person she talks maximum with.Do you expect me to talk about this.She is Varna.Imagine my condition.Why dont you talk to Anna?You both share friendly bond."

R-"And get kicked?You are out of your mind.Nandu no matter how close we are.We cant interfere in someones personal place.Its better if we leave it to time."

N-"How much more time.No Im not convinced.We must do something.I cant see both in such misery.Pranush needs his parents together."

R-"Okay I will think about this.Now come.Give me a kiss."

N-"Go to hell.Sleep now."

He made face.She turned on other side.Switching off lights of room.While on other side.Vivaan was out in garden.Late night and sitting near small wooden house.Alice was awake.She played with Vivaan for some time.He felt nice after long.Spending some time without stress and worry.He made sure puppies were fine.He has to do something for them.They cant be left outside in cold.He remembered first time.Ramya found small Alice and got her here.She has everything.One finds worth to be loved.He took deep breath.Sitting alone on grass.Staring at sky.Where was life taking him.

Inside Varna was awake.Her eyes open.She remembered how once.Ramya got home few puppies.Who were sick.She used to love everything around her.Be it human or animals.Thats why people were fond of her.She was blessing.Unlike her who has all weird.health problems and allergies.Attitude problems.Tear rolled down her cheek.She stared at ceiling.Her life is blank.Nothing or no one be present there.She touched her finger.Ring shining there.One Shakti made her wear.During their engagement.She still has it on her finger.Why do people assume she didnt have feelings.She was human too.Just not able to express.She accepted her tears.Holding ring tightly.Closer to her heart.Why did Shakti misunderstood her.

Next morning something unusual happened.Shivani was on breakfast table.Others left for work.Except Vivaan who was still at home.Shivani wished morning to Varna.Smiled at her.Asking her to sit for breakfast.Varna didnt knew how to say.What she had on mind.She found no one was there.

Var-"I wanted to say something.About I want to."

Sh-"You dont have to be so nervous.You can tell me anything."

Var-"I want to work.Have applied for some jobs.Have been called for an interview.Its small job.But salary is good.Enough for me.My expenses."

Sh-"Expenses?Varna its good you want to continue work.I have heard you were so good.But why take up job.You can work for our own business.Help Vivaan and Reyaansh."

Var-"No I dont want to.I mean.I have not been dependent on anyone.In life so I dont want to.I want to work.So that I can bear my own expenses.Dont feel good.If someone else pays for me."

Vivaan was downstairs already.He didnt miss conversation and hardened his face.Shivani was shocked hear from Varna.She still takes family as outsiders.Wants to ear for herself.When she found Vivaan approaching them.With anger on face.She was aware of his temper.Before she could stop him.Storm hit off.

V-"We all live like family here.Consider no one as burden.Or us as burden on anyone.You dont need to say all this to Mom.No need to work.Dont know how do these.Things come on your head."

He was having juice in anger.Varna stiffened her face.She wasnt used to taking shit from anyone.Specially from person.Who was her husband name sake.

Var-"Because I have self respect.I cant depend on anyone.For my living.I have decided.I will work.Be it any job.Wont let anyone take my responsibility.Give me lectures later."

Vivaan was surprised find someone.Give back to him in same ruthless tone.Ramya never talked to him.In such tone.She never raised her voice to him.But whom was he dealing with.Shivani was caught up.Between these two.She tried to stop them.It was too difficult.

V-"Im saying it to you Mom.I dont want my son to suffer again.because of someone stubborn attitude."

Var-"He is my responsibility.Wont let anything happen to him."

V-"Really how will you take care of him then?going for work.Take him there?Sorry wont allow."

Var-"I didnt say that.I."

V-"Then what?You cant be sure of any actions in your life.Im leaving Mom.Getting late."

Vivaan stormed out leaving wounded Varna again.Shivani caught her head.Every time she think of ways.Make these two take step together.Something has to happen.Varna was seething anger.She left from there.

Few more days passed.Who can stop Varna from doing.Her bit and she continued.Looking for jobs.From morning till evening.Everyday and others were aware of it.She made sure to see Pranushs needs.Not compromising his time.But special governess was kept for him.Look after him in Varnas absence.Shivani insisted her and she had to agree.For one has to be there with Pranush.He was getting naughty and fast with learnings.

Varna felt tired.Of almost visiting.Single place she knew.She spent her life working for her fathers business.She had such faith on her effort.Hardwork that she never thought to do something.Which will be her own.Today no one was ready.Give her chance.Kind of position she was offerred.They were small.Still she was planning to join.Get some money least.Which she can pay for herself.By any means she wont compromise her self respect.

It was sunny day.Varna returned home early than usual.She had some water.Found Pranush in his crib.Playing with his hands and feet.She smiled kissing him.His face can lessen her every pain.As she picked him.She felt something not right.His clothes were wet.He made sounds.Sneezed few times.Rubbing his face on her shoulder.She tried to comfort him.She placed him on his crib.Checked properly.Her eyes widened in horror.Finding out that he was wearing.Wet clothes.

Shivani and Lata came out.Hearing Varnas loud voice.Since time she came in this house.It was first time they heard her voice.So loud and they could make it.She was very angry.Shouting at governess.Who had her eyes low.Shaking in fear.

V-"How dare you do this.You were kept to take proper care of him.Dont you have sense.How to look after baby.What if something happens to him.Answer me before I do something.With you.If you cant change his clothes.Let him be like this.He will catch cold.He has already.What is this?You are feeding him.Powder milk from this brand?He is allergic to this.Thats why he has got rashes."

Sh-"Varna calm down.What happened."

V-"You all kept her to look after him.See how responsible she is.Doing all wrong."

L-"Akka I think Varna is right.We thought you are experienced.Can take care of our baby.But you have been such irresponsible.Take your due and leave right now."

Varna picked Pranush.Showering him with kisses.She changed his clothes.Talking with him to pacify him.He cried but sobered down.Irritated with rashes.Shivani and Lata looked at them.Shivani came to her.Once she was done changing Prnaushs clothes.Varna looked at her.Embarassed and ashamed of herself.

V-"Im sorry.Its all because of me.If I wouldnt have been stubborn.Governess wasnt hired.Its because of me.Pranush has to suffer.I cant do a single thing."

Sh-"Varna stop thinking like that.You are his mother.Mothers can never take wrong decision.You wanted to work.So it was us who hired her.Look after him.We are at fault.Remember one thing dear.Its not easy to become mother.One can say.Looking at way you blasted at that governess.Only mother can react like this.Stop thinking too much.Go and take rest now.Your son can be handled by you only."

Shivani saw her leaving for room.She knew it if there was someone.Who can stop Varna.It was Varna herself.Thats why she kept governess for Pranush.Mothers heart can never allow.Any harm to her baby.She wanted Varna to realize.Right now her concern and need was Pranush.Soon she will realize.What she needs in her life be completed.

Vivaan was aware of happenings inside house.He was furious when came to know about whatever happened.But he couldnt say much about this.He was busy with work.He was relieved when came to know.Varna has stopped going out.In search of work.It wasnt like he didnt want her.To work.But he knew she wont be able to.Face world with conviction.She was messed up in herself now.He understood her this much.But she wouldnt take that from him.In one way or other.It was good she realized that.

Early morning Vivaan was checking his bags.He has to leave for Australia for some conference.Shivani has done his packing already.He left to say bye to Pranush.He has been away for work.Many times but this was time.When he has to leave part of her heart.Like this.His own blood.He entered room.Spending some time with Pranush.He has become chubby baby.All kinds of naughtiness he shows with him.Whenever he takes him in his arms.Vivaan just forgets every pain of his life.Pranush was poking his tiny fingers in his fathers.Cheeks.He frowned as beard pricked him.He cried in protest.Vivaan kissed him making him cry in anger.

Varna was standing in corner.She could see father son duo.Vivaan left Pranush in crib.Half heartedly and turned around.Facing Varna.He thought if he should let her know.About his leaving.But they lived in same house.So she must have known.Both felt awkward.Varna continued folding Pranushs clothes.Vivaan cleared his throat.

V-"Im leaving for a week.Hope till then new problem doesnt arrive.Least can be relieved."

Varna eyed him with anger.He shaked his head.He always injured her ego.With his double meaning words.She played with clothes.Mercilessly and found him.Giving her his credit card.He was looking somewhere else.Not facing her as she looked at him.She frowned her brows.

V-"Take this.Its my card.If you need anything.Can use it.Dont have to ask anything from.Anyone else in this house.Since you still take them as strangers."

She could feel taunt.In his sharp tone.He was leaving when she attacked.With her words.Making his head turn.

Var-"I dont need anyones mercy.I can take care of myself and my needs.Keep this with you."

V-"I know you dont need my money.But remember one thing.You are mother of my son now.So before you start.Waging war against me.Keep that on mind.I dont like repeating my words.This is for Pranush.And his mother."

He looked at Pranush last time.Left room feeling his temper rising.He thrusted car in her hands.She became angry.Throwing it on bed.Thinking over his words.She was mother to his child.yes she was.But has she every thought.She was his wife too.She wont let him fulfill any responsibility towards her.For this relationship.This can never mean anything to her.She wont let barrier fall off.She touched ring on her finger.Teary eyed remembering her broken relationship with Shakthi.He was still there in her life.No place for anyone else.

Vivaan spent two days in Sydney.It was hectic.Attending conferences and he came over.This morning catch up with.His old friend in some cafe.He was about to leave when heard.Someone from back.he could make out from voice.Someone he knew.He turned around.Looking at person.Priyamwavad gave him smile.Soon taking him in hug.He smiled at her too.

P-"Vivaan Reddy here.This has to pleasant surprise.In my town."

V-"It is.How have you been."

P-"Good enough.Guess you didnt like me one bit.Thats why didnt inform about your arrival.Guess our last meeting was.Bit overhyped."

V-"Im good at frogetting.Specially with past few months."

P-"So charming you are.what say.Have cup of coffee and conversation?"

Vivaan smiled and both took seat.He didnt mind spending some time with her.He always found her.Sane and brave her.Live life on her own choice.They were clumsy last time with conversation.Priyam placed order.Playing with her hands.As they started chatting.Knew one name has to be common.In their next step of.Conversation it was heading to.It was Varna.

..................................................................................................................

Cant believe we are at 60th Chapter of our book.Surprising and shocking for me.Thank you each one of you.Making this journey special.Now I can say.From this end story is taking complete different turn.No more miseries and sorrow.Are we ready for completely new Vivaan.Can anyone guess.What he has in store for Varna.Once he gets back.

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
207K 9.4K 52
Aditya is a modern architect. Looking forward for a love marriage. Vaidhehi is a homely girl who loves to spread positivity They cross each others pa...
80.6K 5.2K 46
Jai Prakash Raj is a dashing superstar. heartthrob of many girls. Darling of the industry and the Greek God for everyone. Srishti Preyansh Verma is...
104K 3.6K 31
A Shivika Rikara Rumya SS + Priveer It's a short story revolving how the four couple realize their love for each other..