[1] gratefully invisible ~ ja...

By redwings_birdss

❝LISTEN, I KNOW YOU'RE NEW, CULLEN, BUT THIS IS MY TERRITORY. SO MOVE AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER SEAT.❞ ... More

GRATEFULLY INVISIBLE
|PART ONE - TWILIGHT|
|PLAYLIST - ONE|
| 00 |
|01|
|02|
|03|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
AUTHOR'S NOTE

|04|

20.3K 681 115
By redwings_birdss

"HOLY MOTHER OF GOD."

|04|

THE LAST HOURS OF HAVING A COMPLETE FAMILY. That was the entire ride to the airport of Seattle. Utter silence with so much emotions in the atmosphere that Collin felt sick about it. Lilian, who was driving, didn't say a word. His father, who was holding his mother's hand in the backseat, didn't say a word either. Both of his parents just sent him an apologetic smile when he turned his seat for a talk.

The only words that were spoken, happened at the boarding of the plane. When Collin had to tell his parents goodbye for the next five months. There were only a few words spoken, but those words alone were heartbreaking.

"We love you both," Cristina Harper said, cupping her son's face, kissing the top of his nose. Collin couldn't take it and hugged his mother. His anchor.

"Promise me that you'll call as soon as you're there, alright?" He whispered, his voice on the edge of breaking and his eyes threatening to drop a few tears. Cristina hushed her son and wiped his tears away before they fell.

"Hey, you're going to be okay." She whispered. "Promise me you'll take care of your sister? She may be in charge, but Lily isn't as tough as she pretends to be." Collin nodded, letting his mother go. He hugged his father, who told him how proud he was.

When both of his parents were out of sight and his mother was pushed away by the crew, who were boarding too, Collin turned to his sister.

Lilian Harper wore a mask. A rock-hard mask that even he couldn't break. And Collin knew exactly why she wore it. She was scared, scared of the unknown.

Collin threw an arm around her shoulder and gave her a side-hug. "We're going to be in this together, sis. And we're going to ace it." He smirked, whilst Lilian's mask cracked a tiny bit. She just nodded and turned around, back to the car. Back to the isolation of her own existence.

"Lil, come on, wait." Collin exclaimed, running after her.

"What's up, Col." Lilian scoffed as he caught up with her.

"Well, I was just thinking..."

"Oh, dear. This is going to be the moment, ladies and gentlemen. Collin Harper has a rational thought, for the first time in seventeen years!" Lilian remarked sarcastically. Collin scowled at his little sister.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." He said, "Anyway, Tyler Crowley and I were planning this 'night out' with my friends, and we were wondering if you'd like to come too." Lilian looked at him like Collin was crazy.

"You already know the answer to that, Collin. I'm not trying to socialize again." She stated, passing away.

Once they both sat in the car, Collin huffed. "You can't stay depressed about that forever, Lil. It was an accident."

"An accident that got my best friends killed!" Lilian exclaimed, angered with him. Collin remained silent. He knew where she was talking about. He knew that his sister had hurt more than a normal teenager should.

For his and Lilian's tenth birthday, their parents let them invite three other children to theirs and they'd do a scavenger hunt through the woods that was near their house. Collin had invited James and Bash. They weren't exactly his best friends, actually, Collin knew they were only friends with him because of his parents' money. But there, back in Detroit (Michigan), Lilian was the popular twin, Collin was just the cute big brother that played along.

However, that night, with the scavenger hunt, Lilian and her friends, Julie and Rachel, got lost in the woods. They went in too deep and too far.

Lilian had never told her parents or the cops what exactly happened, but when she was found, the next morning, Julie and Rachel were dead. Lilian had been smart enough to hide herself in a small cave she'd found along running. When they were found, the bodies of Julie and Rachel were drained of blood and their abdomen and throats were ripped open. The poor girl that was still alive, didn't talk for weeks. She only muttered 'red eyes' and 'monster' in her sleep. After a while, Lilian locked herself up in her mind and closed it for everyone. She felt responsible for what happened. When they moved, Lilian had never attempted to seek contact with anyone. Yes, she was asked out on dates frequently, but she always told everyone 'no'.

When Lilian arrived home, alarms started to go off in her head. That 'accident' as Collin called it, that could be the key. That moment, Lilian decided to try and take her research on Sam another way. Logical didn't fit in this picture. Supernatural could be another option. Lilian rushed upstairs, getting her laptop. She sought for old legends and myths. She started at the common legends about the supernatural, like the Dracula and the Werewolf-stuff. But all of those didn't fit in the picture. It hadn't been full moon when Sam disappeared, and he certainly wasn't a copy of Dracula.

Lilian looked for a few books in the local library and found a few on Quileute books. The Quileutes were the native American tribe in the Reservation of La Push. It was a small tribe, but the community was strong and loving. Lilian knew that, her mother was raised there, and Lilian had attended to a few campfire stories as well. But that was almost twelve years ago. She was five at her last attendance.

"Holy mother of God." Lilian whispered, realizing what she was doing. She was exaggerating the entire situation, only because her logic couldn't figure it out. These were just scary stories that were told to children. What was she thinking? There existed no such things as vampires, werewolves or hybrids. There were humans and monsters, yes, but those monsters were created by humanity itself.

Jasper looked through the window his car, scanning the parking lot. It was a cold Monday morning, not that he'd feel that, and most of his classmates went inside as fast as they could. All except Lilian Harper. She stayed by her car, reading her book.

"Come on, Jazz. You've got to talk to her." Rosalie encouraged. From all people, Rosalie's support had surprised Jasper the most. She was never kind to humans, but now, she suddenly liked this human. In fact, Rosalie had said that she wouldn't mind the Harper-girl around.

"It isn't that easy, Rose." Alice spoke up from behind her. Her face wore a sad smile, and her emotions sent a compassionate feeling towards Lilian. In the past three weeks, Alice and Collin had gotten quite close. He even sat with the family at lunch, rather than with his old friends. Lilian and he weren't as close as they used to be before. And no, Jasper wasn't a stalker of Lilian's. He was just... observant. The mortal intrigued him, especially the part where she didn't have a scent helped a lot. He wasn't thirsty around her, no, around her Jasper had other types of lust flowing through his mind. The family stepped out of their cars, walking to the school.

"Why wouldn't it be easy?" Emmet huffed. "I mean, if Jazz would only do his best, that girl would be in the hospital with heart-troubles." He said sarcastically.

"If you hadn't noticed, Emmet, she isn't attracted to us... at all. She is the first mortal I've ever known to throw a scowl at me." Edward said.

"Besides, the girl has some issues of her own." Alice said, causing the entire group to look at her. Jasper could feel the compassion oozing from her. Alice's topaz-colored eyes were but their expression was still wise and knowing.

"Alice, what the hell are you talking about?" Emmet scoffed, his eyebrow raised towards the little vampire.

"What I mean, Emmet," she said sternly, "is that we shouldn't interwind with her yet. She can be dangerous. Incredibly dangerous. Collin told me that Lilian has solved cases that looked impossible to any other CSI in the area before. She could do it again."

Lilian was more than bored in class. It was physics, almost on its end, but Lilian was bored. Overly bored. Her mind switched from the words of the teacher to the words of her thoughts. She had the idea she missed something, but at the same time, she knew what it was: Collin.

Over the past three weeks, where Sam hadn't been found and her Junior year was almost over, Collin Harper, her twin, her best friend, had let her down. He failed her, for he was never home when she was. He was with the newbies, the Cullens. If Lilian didn't already hate them, she surely did now. Even though they were humble and kind to her, Lilian hated their guts. She knew that they had a secret. A secret that made them different somehow. All of the Cullens proclaimed not to be related – except the Hales – but they all had similarities. The same skin tones, the same melodic voices, the same golden eyes. But the most peculiar thing about them, they all spoke like they were from another time. Lilian couldn't figure it out yet, but she knew that, with time, she would.

The bell rang, and the entire class slowly moved. Lilian made her way to the exit, shoving people who didn't move already out of her way. She walked towards her Biology class, which would be a hell for her, which would result in a cranky Lilian Harper with lunch.

Lilian sat down in her seat and took her books out, starting with her homework, when Lauren Mallory entered the classroom, Violet Steward by her side. Her face held a malicious smirk when she sat down next to Lilian.

"Like I told you, Violet, before this week, this school year, is over, I'll have both Edward Cullen and Jasper Hale at my feet. Just like all the other boys in the school." Lauren bragged.

Lilian had to hold back a scoff. The entire male population from the school? Really? Lauren didn't even got Tyler Crowley, one of the biggest playboys in the area.

"Do you think that Collin is going to ask you out again, Lau?" Violet asked curiously, and Lilian didn't have to turn around to see her smirk. This time, though, Lilian scoffed a breath. Lauren's pale blue eyes shot in her way.

"Something you'd like to share, Harper?" She said with a glare.

Jasper just walked into the Biology classroom when he heard the Mallory-girl say: "Something you'd like to share, Harper?" Of course, he'd heard the entire conversation Mallory had with her friend, and it made him chuckle when that girl thought he or Edward were honestly going to fall for her.

Meanwhile, Jasper heard Lilian chuckle sarcastically.

"Nothing, Mallory, just that the trash gets picked up tomorrow. I guess that you should be ready." She remarked, her sarcastic undertone enough to make Jasper's day great. He knew that she hated his guts, but Jasper didn't hate her. At all. In fact, Jasper Hale was sure that he wouldn't ask Lauren Mallory on a date. If he asked someone out, he'd ask Lilian Harper.

NOTE:

HEY! I JUST WANTED TO SAY... AWESOME THAT YOU READ MY STORY! CERTAINLY WHEN THERE'S A LOT OF CRITICS ON TWILIGHT AND STUFF. WELL, THERE'LL BE A FEW CHANGES IN TE PLOT, FOR IT'S EASIER IN MY STORY. BUT HEY, IT'S FANFICTION SO LEAVE ME BE! 

I HOPE YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE MY READER, BUT I'M STILL GONNA ASK, COULD YOU VOTE AND COMMENT? ; ) THANKS FOR READING MY STORY.

PS: I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF YOU SKIP THIS. HAHA, I DO THAT TOO.

xx Jill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.6K 15
When a boy meets a vampire, he feels as if he could live forever. 30,366 Words Started- 22/04/22 Rewrite- 18/09/23 Finished- 30/12/23 - Jasper Hale...
75.5K 1.6K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
513K 18.3K 49
"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved Alice as her twin, Hannah has always had...
3M 78K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...