730 days~ Batcat

Par BlazeOfPhoenix

Gotham fanfiction. Bruce x Selina. Set after season 4. Written from perspectives of both characters. Selina r... Plus

The Birth of Catwoman
Is this real?
Looking for ghosts.
Buzzkill!
Different
Familiar Faces
You do care!
Curls
-Author note-
Betrayal
Up in smoke
Biggest regrets.
Morals
Nine lives
21 days
The final straw
Damned thing
It's what makes us human.
781 days
The end ~ Authur note~
PART 2

Hollow tears

1K 26 7
Par BlazeOfPhoenix

Selina pov

I walked around my hide, collecting necessities and stuffing them aggressively into a small backpack . I didn't have much. I would just steal anything else I needed when I got to wherever it was I was going. Objects are worthless anyway. Kinda like people.

Checking all of my weapons were secure on their allocated places on my body,I looked around, scanning the room to ensure I had everything I needed. My gaze settled on the small remote, still in pieces on my bed. I grabbed it and tucked it into my suit. Nothing meant anything to me anymore. But I would keep this, as a constant reminder of Selina Kyle, and the monster who helped to kill her. As a reminder never to care again.

I picked up the bag, threading one arm through a handle, when I heard a tapping on the window above me head. I didn't need to look to know who it was.

"Cat?" Called an unfamiliar voice.

I bore my whip, using it to grasp the window handle and swiftly tugg it open.

The figure crawled through the now open window and landed behind me with a thud, but I kept my back to them, replacing the whip at my side.

"Cat?" He asked, addressing me with a tone of unease.

Silence.

I stood, replaying his voice in my mind, trying to match it to an emotion. Failing, I realised it was nothing to me anymore. He was nothing.

"Cat... are you alright? He asked, taking a shaky step towards me and reaching out to grab my arm. I turned before he could make contact, whipping his hand away, my claws catching it in the process. He recoiled back, clutching his bleeding palm. Oops.

"What the hell cat!" He cired, trying to stop the bleeding. It wasn't that deep. Why so dramatic?

"Cat? Are you alright?" He repeated, his voice laced with concern. You didn't care before, why pretend to care now? I looked at him for a moment... more like through him, only then noticing that he wasn't wearing his Bat attire. So I was taking to Bruce. I didn't matter. Still, he was nothing.

"Never better." I stated bluntly, my voice robotic.

"Are you sure?" He pressed, edging closer again.

"I'm perfectly fine thanks for the concern." I stated, smiling emotionlessly at him.

He sighed, trying to read my expressionless face. His tone shifted to a nervous one, unsure of how to proceed with this somewhat awkward conversation. Not me. I stood silently, replaying the worthless memories of our adventures over in my mind, pausing only when remembering our somewhat enjoyable game of cat and mouse.

He spoke again, but I missed what he said, my mind focused instead on the idea brimming there.

"How about one more game, Batsy?" I muttered under my breath.

"Huh?"

I ignored him.

"How did you know, that I wasn't alright?" I asked with fake appreciation.

His face fell to an expression of uncertainty, seemingly to consider the answer. Well, to consider the lie he was about to tell me. Looking up at my unmoving expression, he swallowed hard and let out a shaky break before replying.

"I was patrolling nearby when I heard... screaming." He stuttered. So he had been listening. But I already knew that. I was mearly asking for my own entertainment. Watching him try to explain himself was hilarious. Watching him lie to me over and over was hilarious. Hilarious that he thought he could get away with it.

"Patrolling? Without your costume." I quizzed in mock confusion, tilting my head to one side almost sweetly. 

"Yeah.. I thought I'd try without it for tonight." He said,, trying to remain somewhat composed, trying to weasel his way out of this trap I had set. 

"Well thank you for your concern. I just stubbed my toe is all." I smiled numbly, my expression screaming falsity.

When he didn't reply, my smile dropped and I started towards the window, hooking my arm into the second bag strap as I went. But I didn't get far because as expected, he grabbed my shoulder, stopping me.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his brows furrowed with worry. Ha! Emotion. So primitive. 

So... fake.

"Why bother asking when you could find out by spying on me." I whispered under my breath before coughing away the bitter taste of the words in my mouth and tuning to him " just out for a stroll." I smiled blankly, no emotion behind my words.

"You're a terrible lier." He accused. Hypocrite.

"So are you." I stated coldly, my expression hollow.

His face dropped and his eyes became overcome with a mixture of guilt and confusion. And so my trap closed in on the poor defenceless creature, ensnaring him in a web of his own making. 

 I smiled darkly, withdrawing the remote from my pocket and shoving it into his bloodied palm.

He blinked slowly, taking in the possibility of me knowing his little game. He stared at it for a little too long, unsure of what to say.

"Does this mean we aren't partners anymore?" He asked, his voice laced with concern and uncertainty. So that's the approach he was taking? Play it innocent? I'm bored of your pretences.

"We were never partners in the first place." I stated, matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean?" He asked quietly, unsure of what I knew. 

"I means that I know that you are a disgusting... lying...SPY!" I spat, emotion somehow breaking into my voice. My eyes darkened as I watched his widen, filling with guilt. I chuckled dryly. He thinks he's so clever. Rich boy with his fancy school and his fancy tutors outsmarted by a street urchin. I'll be damned.

"Cat please.." he begged, his face pleading with regret.

"Partners don't lie to each other." I stated coldly

"Cat... I." He stumbled "I wanted to make sure that you weren't going to tell anyone my identity! Or that you aren't lying about Selina!"

"Why? Because you didn't believe me when I told you that myself?" I hissed

"Can you blame me?" He cried, still not knowing when to stop. I saw his face twist in instant realisation, preparing to try to scramble and salvage his accusations. I wasn't going to give him that chance.

"Why? Because lying low life? Because I'm not good enough? Because I'm a wanted criminal and a thief? Because I'm nothing but worthless gutter trash!" I screamed, the words spilling from my mouth before I had time to realise what I was saying. " that's what you privileged lot call us street rats isn't it?" Good recovery.

"I.." he began, eyes brimmed with unshed tears of pleading.

"I told you I didn't see her. I told you that I would protect your identity. I told you I didn't lie to you... I guess the honesty rule doesn't apply to the both of us." I hissed venomously, before climbing up towards the window. He remained still, quiet as I climbed, before uttering a sentence that fuelled the anger inside me to the point of no redemption.

"You wont tell anyone, will you?" He asked quietly, referring to his identity.

"See that's your problem Bruce, you don't care about anyone but yourself." I accused, still facing away from him, taking deep breaths so as not to turn and rip him apart.

"And you do?" He retorted, again, not knowing when to stop.

Needless to say, I snapped.

I leapt down from the window and stormed over, squaring up to him. I stared him in the face, emotions clouding my mind. Standing there, staring at the face of my childhood companion, the anger twisted to unparalleled pain, tearing at my heart.

"I shouldn't have, but I did." I whispered, making eye contact as a hollow tear trickled down my cheek. I wasn't ashamed to let him see the pain he had caused. I wanted him to know. I wanted him to see how he pushed away everyone close to him. I closed my eyes briefly, savouring the sensation of the droplet falling down my face. Pain makes you strong. It stops you making mistakes again. So I wasn't going to feel like this. Ever. Again.

"I care about you too." He muttered after a moments silence.

LIES!!!

I raised my hand, prepared to attack him, but as he recoiled, I dropped it back to my side, breathing in deeply.

"You have a funny way of showing it."I breathed, barely clutching at my composure. I took a step back, another tear of agony running down my cheek. 

"You don't lie to those you care about." I uttered, more to myself, before turning and exiting through the window before he had a chance to speak again, leaving him stood alone in my crumbing room, clutching a bloodied remote and wondering where he went wrong.   

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

28.2K 568 20
Events take place after S4. Selina Kyle wakes up in a hospital outside of Gotham, and realizes that Bruce Wayne broke his promise to stay with her...
30.3K 773 46
Every thing good, comes in twos! When you marry your dream spouse, life should be a dream! Right? When Bruce Wayne, billionaire philanthropist, rej...
45.8K 944 30
It has been 10 years since Bruce had left Gotham and Selina was still heartbroken and angry at what he did. She was left to look after there daughter...
27.5K 1.1K 34
Three years. He had been missing for three years. One disagreement with his Father, and argument with his best-friend, and he had disappeared. When...