Common Knowledge

By Eileen61344445

Bliss Clarke receives a life-altering phone call from pop/rock star Harry Style's management the same day her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 6

1.5K 78 15
By Eileen61344445

Here is Tuesday's update.

I had planned on posting this first thing in the morning, to make up for my late Saturday post. But found myself catching up on so many wonderful stories here on WhatsApp, time just flew by.

Hope you like it!

Six

Warmly and enthusiastic, that's the way Anne greeted Harry and me upon our arrival. No sooner had we climbed down from the car that the front door flew open and she ran, giving us the Styles type hug I was becoming used to by now as a way of hello.

"Come along, come along. I've just had new wallpaper installed in the bedrooms, would love your opinion." She invited us into the pretty massive house she lived in in the outside of Holmes Chapel. She took my arm and led me to a very comfortable bedroom situated on the second floor, that overlooked the garden.

"Why do you need somebody else's opinion when I have already given you mine?" Said a thin man with disheveled hair coming out of the house. I looked at him and immediately recognized Nicholas Grimshaw. "I've been conversing with your sexy mother, and waiting for you mate. And is this the writer you were telling me about?" he asked turning to me. Introductions were made, another round of hugs ensued (this time involving Grimmy) and finally, we made it inside the house. Grimmy said he needed Harry to go over some details of the BBC special that would begin taping the following morning, so I was left alone with Anne who showed me to the room in which I would be sleeping.

"I've put you in Gemma' room since she couldn't get time off from work and had to stay in London. It is bigger, it even has a table and sofas in a corner that might be of use. Harry did mention this is a work trip," Anne said as she opened the door to a beautiful and spacious second-floor bedroom that overlooked the garden. I was relieved to hear Gemma wouldn't be spending the week for us, I felt relay uneasy about meeting her. Gemma Styles is this amazingly smart journalist, who writes really serious articles about important world issues, while on the other hand, my writing credentials were on fluffy subjects. I feared Gemma would judge me as she would undoubtedly find me lacking and unworthy.

"If you need extra pillows, towels, or anything at all don't be afraid to ask, darling. Here let me give you my mobile number, sometimes is easier to text than walk around in this big house. I'm going to the kitchen to make tea, you're welcome to join me or you'd rather unpack? And one more thing, darling you're to call me Anne at all times, as all of Harry's friends do" Anne continued to say.

I was extremely grateful for the tea offer and accepted immediately, "You're being polite to your gracious host, who is also your new bosses mum." A little voice in my head was telling me. "No, you're just putting off unpacking. You're not being very responsible, those suitcases won't unpack themselves" A second not so little voice was arguing with the first one. I felt conflicted, I hated packing and unpacking. I could never fold things properly, let alone get a suitcase closed. I was always forgetting to pack important stuff (my forgetting to pack my bathing suit for a family beach vacation was now part of the Clarke family mythology. In years to come, I would hear generations of Clarke parents say to their offspring "Don't forget to pack your swimming suit like Bliss, did when they went to Barcelona"). Also, I had always found that getting everything out of the suitcases and storing it into tiny hotel wardrobes, only to pack everything back in a few days's always was utterly nonsensical.

Whilst Anne busied herself with the kettle, I offered to fetch the teacups she pointed to a cupboard. I opened it and found inside a tin of Malteasers, seeing it there made me feel like I found a long lost friend, so truly happy. "You opened the left cupboard, we keep the mugs in the right." A husky familiar voice said in my ear. Harry had entered the kitchen and was standing next to me he gave me a wink and opened the right door. "I'll get the cups, you get the spoons. They're in the drawer to the left." I proceeded as instructed, and took a seat at the kitchen table. Harry filled two cups and left saying "Grimmy asked for a cuppa, we still have a bit left to discuss. But I'm not done with you yet Bliss, I will be back shortly."

I proceed to take a seat at the kitchen table across from Anne and wanted to blurt out profuse thanks because I owed it all to her producing such an amazing son but instead, I said: "You have a beautiful house, the wallpaper in my bedroom is very beautiful. Thank you for having me here. I hope I'm not much of a nuisance"

"Not at all, dear. I'm delighted to have you here. I've read what you've written about my boy through the years. You have always been kind when people were all over him for dating Caroline Flack due to the big age difference you were adamant about it being nobody's business but Harry's. It was so comforting to read." Anne responded quickly.

I've always felt uncomfortable about being complimented for my work (compliments on my looks I could take, because they were rare and rather directed to things like my hair or my clothes and I do work very hard on styling my hair and shopping, thank you very much) So, true to tradition I looked up at the wall behind Anne to avoid looking back at her. Several framed photographs hung from the wall. There were some cute ones of Harry growing up, and in many Anne, Harry or Gemma stood side by side with a smiling Robin. It made me sad, and uncomfortable, so instead of returning Anne's smile, I opted for lowering my glance at the contents of my teacup.

Anne noticed right away and maintaining her engaging smile said. "Bliss it is all right to talk about things, even if they seem a bit uncomfortable. You shouldn't silence your words. Right now, you clammed up instead of talking about Robin when you saw the photographs. Sorry if I'm telling you what to do, is just that I always kept things clammed up when I was younger and it took me three marriages to learn how to speak up."

"Oh, no! Don't feel bad, I'm very grateful for your advice. Is just that I haven't had the best of times when I've spoken up. Is easier to stay quiet and just let things go away" I reassured her quickly.

"Bliss love, you know that things just don't go away on their own. They stay and fester inside you and often make you ill. Of course is a tricky business, because is true that there time when is better not to say anything and respect a person's privacy. " Anne replied in a soft, calm voice.

"How do you know the difference? How do you know when to talk or not in any situation," I asked, really wanting to know.

"Trial and error, love. As with most things in life, there's not an easy answer. Time gives you more experience, and you learn to read people and situations. The only true advice I can give you is never speak out of anger, always speak out of love." Anne said, flashing yet another a radiant smile my way.

At that moment we were interrupted by the same beautiful smile on Harry's face. "Bliss, I'm finished with Grimmy for the day, Is only fitting that I show you around my hometown now. You know I didn't grow up in this big house, but on smaller one right in the middle of town."

I felt torn by Harry's announcement. He clearly looked very pleased with himself at the moment and I did want to have a look at his childhood home, his weekend job bakery shop, his school, and all his local places. But I was also feeling the need for some alone time, to process all that was going on (is not every day that I go on a trip with a Pop Prince), check in with my girls and go over my mail. I lowered my gaze, attempting to hide from Harry any hesitation that might show up on my face, still undecided I looked up again and saw Anne glancing my way and I could have sworn she gave me a small nod, to reassure me it was all right to say no to her son.

I sighed, dreading the words that were about to come out my mouth: "Harry, it sounds amazing, I'd really love to see all the places you wish to show me but I do need some time to unpack and stuff" As soon as I spoke, that not so little voice from earlier spoke loud and clear in my head "Liar, you just want to run away from him because his total gorgeousness is making you uncomfortable and also you want to check if The Duck has gotten in touch with you"

Harry looked crushed at my answer. "Oh, but I only have today. Tomorrow I'll be busy with the taping, the next days the band will be here and there'll more taping and then is back to London." He said directing a mega cute pouting face my way.

I found myself unable to say no to those dimples. "Well, if it can only be done today I guess we better go. But we are going to have set up some kind of schedule for the job you have asked me to do, I'm going to need time to write you know"

"I knew you were the right one for this job! I love schedules, I like routine. I'm afraid you are going to find out I'm really boring, doing the same things at the same times every day. How about we work early in the mornings, at breakfast? It'll be good for me because it'll leave the rest of the day for fittings, sound checks, and all the tour things and you'll be free to do your thing as well. Unless you are not a morning person and would rather work late at night, after the concerts?." He asked.

"I think mornings are all right" I agreed, in what I hoped was a professional sounding voice. (Inside in my head the little voice was leaping joyously while chanting "I have scheduled time with Harry Styles")

"All right then, text me your email address and I'll forward you the stuff I'd like us to go over first. I find that when you have an agenda, even a loosely planned one, work sessions are always more productive."

I felt a small pressure in my shoulder, whilst I had been talking to Harry I had stood up, and so had Anne who had walked over to us and placed an arm in each of our shoulders, in a very commanding mum voice she said. "Now you children go out and have a good time, but I'll be expecting you for dinner it's Toad in a Hole night." She gave us an affectionate push and sent us on our way.

"Now Anne, I'll do my best but you know is nearly impossible to keep Harry away from the Chinese place in Holmes Chapel," said, Grimmy strolling into the kitchen. Turning to me he continued as he rolled his eyes "Bliss, I'd like you to extend my apologies in advance. You're going to be subjected to the Harry Styles Holmes Chapel Tour, is a dreadful affair. I'll be coming along but as an unwilling participant."

"Now, don't you play the martyr here." Harry answered, "You and I finished reviewing all the stuff for tomorrow Grimmy. Bliss and I will be absolutely fine on our own"

"Not a chance my friend. If left unattended you will go on about your steamy first kiss by a tree trunk, and your job at the bakery and your school stories? When we know the kiss didn't last more than a second, and at the bakery they never really let you bake at all! Somebody has to be there to set the record straight."

Listening to Harry and Grimmy tease each other back and forth about the Holmes Chapel excursion, made me inexplicably uncomfortable. I excused myself to use the toilet before we left and grab my handbag. Inside yet another luxurious bathroom in Gemma's room, I attempted to gather my thoughts.

I took a quick look at my phone, there were about a million missed calls from my mum, sisters, and friend. There were some emails from work, although I no longer worked at Common Grounds, many advertisers and office suppliers still contacted me. The first few weeks after handing in my resignation, I used to direct the emails I received to the office but it didn't seem to work, so at the end, I just deal with them because it's easier. Of course, my decision wasn't very much appreciated by my family at the moment who had another reason to moan about The Duck saying he was making me work without getting paid. I decided not to handle any missed calls or unanswered emails at the moment and deal with them with later.

"When you're about to embark on a car journey with Harry Styles procrastinate," I whispered to myself. Saying those words to myself made me realize that the fact that Grimmy would be accompanying us on that car journey and I felt disappointed I was not spending more time alone with Harry, and what's worse I hoped he felt the same way about spending alone time with me.

"Enough of that! You're behaving like a teenager, or worse still like a fan girl" said sternly the not so little voice in the back of my head.

"Better brush your hair and reapply some cologne, just in case." Chimed in the little voice, which what I could have sworn was a hopeful tone.

"Oh, just shut up the two of you. I'm a professional on a job assignment" I responded to the voices, whilst fishing out for my lipstick in the depths of my purse.

If you are liking or disliking the story so far, let me know!! Promise I won't be offended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 246 17
Life as a normal young adult was not something Ariana Ramsey could relate to. When a malicious rumor about her being a call girl grows aggressively o...
1.2K 13 21
Lauren, a normal girl, meets Harry and the rest of the boys at a signing. She always had a fancy for Harry, and it turns out that he starts to like h...
15.6K 160 26
Sixteen year old Jeniffer Page moved to London to live with her Father. Her parents got into a divorse when she was 6. Her father works on X-factor a...
61.8K 1.5K 65
Westlake, South Carolina. Home to Brooklyn Callahan, the best latte maker on the east coast. Or so her mom tells her. She's lived in the mundane town...