For the team

By shirosabishigariya

It's the third year for Makoto, Haru, and Shiro as they once again are enrolled to Iwatobi High school. Oh co... More

For the team
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Frfr. Story #1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Frfr #2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 3

40 1 0
By shirosabishigariya

            It was time for the festival and when it’s time for the festival it’s basically a war zone between all sports clubs except the track team. *sighs* Because of this I had to film this too, and I wasn’t allowed to participate because there were enough people for the baton race.

            The race was about to start and I was readying my camera at the track in front of me. BOOM! The gun went off and all runners ran for their lives literally. Then you see Haru running gracefully; I just face palmed myself when I saw this. However, with a little bit of encouragement from Makoto, Haru passed it gracefully to him. Makoto being Makoto he sped through the crowd like superman and passed it on to Nagisa. However, during the transition Nagisa missed Makoto’s pass but still caught up. Nagisa running his best passed it to Rei who ran like the wind through the crowd up to first place.

            We thought that the festival was going to give us at least some members. I talked to the ones who wanted to sign up before but, they all joined other clubs. Instead, we ignored the fact that we didn’t have any new members but focused on the prefecture tournament instead.

            As Makoto was talking, Haru decided to wander off into the pool first and not listen. However, being an okaa-san Makoto was he stopped Haru from going into the pool while continue rambling on. Makoto brought up wanting to do something different before he graduates from Iwatobi. Suggestions and thoughts were given in the conversation as well as laughter and happiness. When we asked Haru he just replied with a simple,

            Haru: I only swim freestyle…and relays.

            We all just giggled at his response and started training hard for the upcoming prefectures well, at least I did. After some encouragement from Nagisa, Rei managed to force himself once again to perform the three swimming strokes. However, once again he failed trying to do it, which upset him.

            Haru: Rei, you don’t have to force yourself to swim something different. As long as you have one swimming style of your own, that’s enough, isn’t it?

            Rei just looks at him in surprise and that was the end of our practice.

            For some reason, Rei has been showing up late and also, Haru finally started talking about what was bothering him. It was him again. I can’t believe him, showing up his face here in this neighbourhood again; that bastard.

            Gou: Ne, ne, Shiro-senpai?

            Me: What is it Gou?

            Gou: Why, when we were at the Grand Opening event of Iwatobi SC Returns you acted so rude to Sousuke-kun?

            Me: It’s something in the past you might’ve not known about, right before Rin went to Australia. Sousuke or Rin might have kept it from you.

            Gou: Kept what?

            Me: *sighs* Weeks before Rin moved away, Rin invited me to go hang out with him and friends from his previous school. With the exception of having Haru there, I went with him. I met Sousuke, who seemed like a really nice guy at first…until obviously when both Rin and I were joking about something Rin did and as I joke I made fun of him back...Sousuke got offended. Even after I apologized, he pushed me down and tried to attack me in any way possible. I didn’t know what to do, I was frightened… until obviously Haru and Rin stopped him. Haru brought me back home and that was it. I’m still afraid of meeting new people each day because of him.

            Gou:…Eh? Sousuke-kun was, like that?

            Me: Only when it came to your brother…he still is like that now but better. Rin didn’t think that Sousuke would act like that either…but he did.

            Gou: So… is that why Haruka-senpai doesn’t like Sousuke either?

            Me: That and because of something else that happened after Rin had left. It was during one of the tournaments we had. Haru will tell you when he is ready. Don’t worry.

            Haru: The one that should be worried is you. 

            Makoto: Yes, of course… after all you did beat Sousuke at his own game.

            Gou: Eh??!??!?!?!?!? Shiro-senpai… beat Sousuke-kun????

            Makoto: Yup. Plenty of times too… he even challenged her, but every time he did, he lost.

            Gou: Wow… Shiro-senpai must be awesome

            Nagisa: Maybe if you focused on her competitions more you would see that Shi-chan is an awesome swimmer.

            Me: Nagisa, I appreciate it if you don’t appear near my feet.

            Nagisa: Why?

            Me: Because then I can do this.

            I started splashing water at him in the face with my feet.

            Nagisa: HEY! That wasn’t fair.

            Me: Warned you.

            Over the couple of days, Rei have been late and making excuses not to hang out with us for some reason. It became very frequent so Nagisa went to check up on him on Sundays. Nagisa told us that he usually studies at home on Sundays, and that he is never out.

            We told Sasabe-san and he told us that he was lovesick or something like that. I just face palmed and went with it. Gou went to check up on him after school to see what was happening. Apparently, he ran away from her after he finished laughing and told her that he has “urgent business” to take care of. We all waited for him at the club room with our arms crossed.

We asked him if he was going to leave early today for some errands again as well and Rei answered yes. We then had an emergency meeting at Haru’s house. However, when we got there and I served tea, the room was silent. Makoto kept passing it off to people and avoiding the topic. Rei was about to leave before Nagisa grabbed his leg stopping Rei from leaving Haru’s house.

Then, we explained to Rei we thought he was going to leave the swimming team for the track team again. Rei looked at us and told us that he wasn’t planning to do so. So, we followed him all the way to Samezuka Academy and peaked through the window of the school where it showed Rei learning how to swim the different styles taught by Rin.

We were all surprised at what he was doing. We didn’t expect it but we were happy that at least he was trying hard for our sake. We all watched a bit longer before heading home.

            The next day, Rei told us that he has something to show us. I got my camera out and watched as he was able to swim the other three strokes. I was happy to see that his hard work paid off. However, the others lacked enthusiasm after seeing him swim the strokes. Gou scolded them and continue cheering for Rei as he successfully swam his way across using all three strokes without sinking to the bottom.

            They all just looked at my expression and smiled happily and laughed as well. I suppose being happy is contagious.

            Everyone crowded around the next day to look at the pictures I have taken from the events we have been attending to or even just at our pool back home. Everyone was crowding around me and was so close, I really felt happy, blessed, and loved.

            Nagisa: Eh? Shi-chan. You aren’t looking at the pictures yet you look like you saw your soul mate. What’s wrong?

            Me: *laughs* Nothing, I’m just thinking how happy and blessed I am to have you all as friends.

            Makoto: *chuckles* Typical Shiro, you still think about these things a lot.

            Me: Well, of course! You all are like family to me!

            Nagisa: And Haru’s your husband…. NO WAIT! Haru-chan and Mako-chan are the husband and wife! And Shi-chan can be the baby!

            Me: Wait, what?! Why am I the baby? You be the baby Nagisa! Unless you want to be married off to Rei!

            Nagisa: EH!?!?!??!?!?

            We all just giggled and laughed at our stupidity and continued to look at the pictures.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 9.3K 38
~1st Place Winner of the AnimeWattyAwards Free! Category~ Mizushima Kasumi is a girl who used to swim competitively. However, now, she focuses only o...
16K 348 60
Noah is an aussie college girl who travels to Tokyo for a year abroad. There she meets some wonderful japanese swimmers who will encourage her to ret...
6.9K 257 17
❗️ D I S C O N T I N U E D ❗️ "You're her big brother?" Rin stared at them both in utter befuddlement. "You're his little sister?" "Well, yeah. I did...
32.8K 1.1K 13
A girl, left behind in the forest with a random crocodile, comes to love swimming and the outdoors. While swimming, she met a random boy. His family...