I DON'T KNOW YOU

由 kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... 更多

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
06.) ransacked
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
09.) and a little bit of trouble
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
16.) not so bad
17.) nothing was there
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
30.) old friends
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

15.) first encounters

1.6K 47 58
由 kvnopsia

• F U N N E H •

      "Company? What company?" Kyran raised an eyebrow. "There was a hurricane warning back where we live in Canada so some family and friends evacuated. But it was a very quick transportation so they ended up here," I explained awkwardly, lying as as I went along.

     "Why couldn't they stay in Canada?" Kyran asked. "You ask too many questions," Gold crossed her arms. "I only asked two questions!" Kyran defended himself.

      "Because the airplane tickets they used were... bought by me as a gift so that they could visit us in America when they wanted to," I lied.

     "I guess they put those tickets to good use," Kyran said. "You could say that," Gold mumbled. "Now think! Where could we all stay? I don't want to leave them alone in this town when they have no idea where anything is," I urged.

        I tossed around thoughts in my head, thinking about where we could go. Every hotel here is practically busy considering it was summer.

      "Where can we go?" I asked out loud again. "I dunno. Anyone we can stay with?" Gold sighed. "Everyone's already left their dorms or went home," Kyran answered.

      I groaned. "We have to hurry," I whispered to Gold. She nodded. "I have an idea," Kyran spoke up, "but it's crazy."

      "I'm the definition of crazy. So tell us!" I urged. "What if we stay in a dorm?" He suggested. "One problem with that, we aren't allowed in the dorms," Gold frowned.

     "I meant we secretly stay in the dorms. Like hide out in one of them without the school knowing," Kyran explained. "We could try," Gold agreed.

     "I guess we have no other option," I mumble. "You're not even gonna argue against it?" Kyran chortled. "We've done illegal stuff before, Kyran. Every teenager has," I said.

     He shrugged in agreement as Gold ordered him to wait in his room. "Why?" He asked, "and where are you guys going? And how are you gonna get there?" "Because we said so! Now we'll be back," Gold explained.

       I grabbed a small bag and hid the teleporting pearl inside it as Gold and I hurried out the hotel rooms, down the elevator, and out the hotel.

      "Why do we have to go out here?" Gold asked as we started to hike away from the hotel. "So that we'll be gone for a little while. It'd be freaky if people just appeared in our hotel rooms," I explained.

     "True," Gold agreed. We walked down the pathways of the streets for fifteen minutes. Yes, it was dangerous considering it was dark by then and anyone could have kidnapped us if they wanted to but we went anyway.

We ducked behind in an alley, hidden away from the town and its lights. I pulled out the pearl and held it outwards towards Gold, who placed her hands on it as well.

We both closed our eyes and imagined our neighborhood, imagined Canada, imagined home. And before we knew it, we were thrown into the looping wormhole.

Its bright yellow and blue colored sides shined and shimmered as our clothes changed into our actual outfits, the ones we wore practically everyday here.

The end of the hole was visible by then so I reached for Gold's hand, lacing our fingers together as we prepared for the impact. Using the other free hand of mine, I pulled my hood over my head.

As we breached the end of the tunnel, I felt hard droplets of rain pound against my skin and clothes. We landed roughly on our feet, wobbling as our stances were as balanced as gelatin.

The rain was pouring down extremely fast and hard, creating massive pools of water. I was surprised we hadn't flooded. Within seconds, we were dripping wet.

"You go get Rainbow, her dad, and your mom. I'll get Draco, Ender, Lunar, and her cats," I instructed, shielding my eyes as I struggled to stand upwards.

She nodded and we pushed through the rain in separate directions towards their houses, hiking through the extreme weather.

I hurried to Draco's house and knocked on the door. No response. I grabbed the handle and tried to open it, but it was locked. I pounded on the door. I could hear Ender barking at the noise I was making, which was surprising considering the storm outside was so loud.

"Draco! Open up!" I yelled, pounding against the door frantically. Moments later, it swung open and I fell towards slightly, having been leaning on the door. "Oh thank God, you're okay!" I exclaimed, balancing my stance.

"I am, but what are you doing here? It's dangerous! I thought Rainbow told you," He exclaimed. "She did. But we're here to get you guys," I explained.

"Rainbow managed to get through to me using a sign. She wrote on a dry-erase board and communicated to us by showing it in her window where we could see it. Barely, but we could see it," Draco explained.

"Well come on. Grab Ender and be ready to run. I'm gonna go get Lunar and her cats. Wait for my signal," I instructed. He nodded.

I pulled my hood back over my head, bracing for the outside conditions. I tightly grasped the orb underneath my arm, already preparing to protect it from any slip or any rain.

I closed the door behind me and booked it, sprinting as fast as I could without tripping or slipping. Do you realize how hard it is to run in rain when it's practically raining cats and dogs? It's really freaking hard!

I hopped onto Lunar's porch and banged against the door, twisting the knob. It opened immediately. "Lunar!" I exclaimed. "Funneh! What are you doing here? Rainbow said—" I cut her off. "Draco already told me. We came back to get you. Now let's grab your cats and leave. We've got the orb."

"The orb can only be used by the people who's special items are combined with it. Only you and Gold can use it. But if you have something of the other's, I can combine it," Lunar explained frantically.

"Dang it! Fine, I'll be back. Hold the orb for me," I said, already sprinting back to Draco's house. I knocked on the door.

It opened immediately. "I need something of yours that you care about deeply. Got anything?" I asked him, not letting him ask anything.

"I've got my dog tag. Take it, it's one of the most important things I own," He said, handing me his dog tag that he had been wearing.

I nodded and grasped it tightly. Taking off for the fourth time, I hurried to Rainbow's house. "Yo, Gold! Open up!" I pounded on the door.

As soon as she opened it, I gave her no time to ask questions. "Quick, I need something from Rainbow, her dad, and your mom that they care about," I explained.

"I have my hat," Rainbow said. "And I have this bandana," Her dad remarked. Rainbow takes off her cake hat, the top of her head still being hidden by the hood of her raincoat. I guess we never will see her without it, hey?

She handed it over to me, whispering, "Be careful with it," as she did. Rainbow's dad took off his bandana, which, just like his daughter, he never took off.

I looked at Ms. Glare. "The most precious thing I have is my Goldie," She said. "Got anything else? Even a coin would do it if you cared about it," I hoped.

"Actually, I do have a coin I care about! Here, hun," She exclaimed, pulling out a slightly rusty nickel from her wallet. I gladly took it, wrapping the bandana around the coin and Draco's dog tag to avoid dropping them.

"Your things will be safe, I promise," I said, hiding them underneath my arm. It wouldn't do much to protect them from the rain, but it was better than nothing.

I quickly rushed out of the house, running back to Lunar's house. Okay, it was getting kind of repetitive by this point. "Lunar, I got the objects!" I chanted, opening her door.

"Good. Now give them to me, I've got my own item," She ordered, waving a small envelope in her hand. I handed her the objects.

She took them and hurried upstairs, leaving me behind. I bit my lip, anxious. I listened to the rain as she did whatever she was doing, hearing it seemingly pound harder.

Please hurry, Lunar.

• L U N A R •

I pushed past the curtains hung up in the doorway of my potion room, carrying the items Funneh had retrieved.

I placed them down on my counter, holding the orb in my opposite hand. I breathed in and grabbed Rainbow's cake hat. It was soggy and wet, letting the frosting become squishy and quite the opposite of delicious.

     I held the orb down in its place on the counter and grasped the cake hat, taking another deep breath in after letting the first one out, and started to whisper the chant I had to say. Only thing was it had to be backwards. I concentrated.

      "Forget shan't we in which orb thy like much connect all they, one by one. Cope the as serving crumbs the, hope of piece last this with. Behold shan't home our costs the face to, world the of nothing the with left," I whispered, glad that I hadn't messed up the chant.

(Translation: Left with the nothing of the world
To face the costs our home shan't behold
With this last piece of hope
The crumbs serving as the cope
One by one they all connect
Much like thy orb
In which we shan't forget)

    While I had been talking, the orb and hat had been swirling, rolling, dancing around one another. They danced beside and along one another, inching together slowly.

      When I uttered the last word of the first chant, they slowly combined in a gentle and cheery manner, having bounced around until they met and bounded together. Soft but energetic.

      I groaned. I had to be quick. We needed to leave. And I had to think of what to say for the next chant and how to say it.

     I grabbed the orb, which now had this pink essence inside of it, bubbling around and fizzing with the other colors, and Draco's dog tag. I adjusted my throat and took a deep breath in once more.

      "Wish all we which in separate of instead combine, lips thy by before said as. You like much, broken and shattered be to. True come can't which of dreams the, fixation the change. Follow we which in lights the pursue. Sorrow of depths thy in wallows who, beast mighty a of roar thy," I whispered.

(Translation: Thy roar of a mighty beast
Who wallows in thy depths of sorrow
Pursue the lights in which we follow
Change the fixation
The dreams of which can't come true
To be shattered and broken
Much like you
As said before by thy lips
Combine instead of separate
In which we all wish)

      Instead of a giddy manner, it was a fast and eccentric dance between the tag and the orb. With quick turning points and rough encounters, the two items shot together.

      The product was the orb being filled with this charge of green energy, spazzing out and jumbling around inside the orb frantically. Unstable but powerful.

Almost done, Lunar. Just get through the others.

     I took off the crown I always wore, tracing my finger around and in the indents of the item one last time until I were to separate the orb.

      I placed the two items opposite of each other on the counter, starting to whisper the chant. I sighed and began to speak.

     "Us around world the of depths the pursue to, uttered I've words thy with orb thy reform. Flew they before shell empty this upon sits it. Two from goodbye a and farewell of banter a as forget to cease never will. Naturally the chose who one the to given, it upon years of thousands, family thy from," I chanted.

(Translation: From thy family,
Thousands of years upon it,
Given to the one who chose the naturally.
Will never cease to forget as a banter of farewell
And a goodbye from two.
It sits upon this empty shell before they flew away
Reform thy orb with thy words I've uttered,
To pursue the depths of the world around us)

      The two objects glided past one another in a jittery but smooth manner. They flakes around and danced until they slowly fused into one another. A powder of purple dust flowed around in the orb, avoiding everything and solely floating around. Smooth but isolated.

     I sighed. Just two more things. I grasped the bandana and the orb, preparing them. Taking in yet another deep breath, I started to speak.

-/•\-
(Timeskip bc the author is too lazy to write anymore spells backwards)

      I sighed in relief as the orb was completely done. It had only taken a minute or two but in situations like this, a minute or two could make or break your life.

I hurried downstairs and handed the orb to Funneh. "Thanks. Now let's go," She ordered as I picked up Pudding and Nova. I wrapped a small blanket around the two separately. They hated the rain.

We quickly ran, Funneh grabbing Draco's attention by knocking on his door, and met up with the others in Rainbow's house.

"Okay, everyone hold onto the orb and think of America, Colorado. Leave the rest to me and Gold to imagine," Funneh instructed.

(CoLoRaDo bEcAuSe I dOn'T kNoW wHeRe eLsE tO pUt YHS)

     We all held onto the orb and started to think of Colorado in America. We had all been together, but it would be Funneh and Gold who know exactly where YHS is.

Immediately, we were thrown into this wormhole, flashing bright colors of the rainbow. It was shiny and bright, fizzling around us.

       "Grab my hand!" Gold shouted, linking her's with her mom's hand. Rainbow grabbed her dad, I grabbed Funneh, who grabbed Draco, who was carrying the animals.

      Each one of us started to transform, our clothes fading from what we normally wore to something more casual.

      We were then flung out of the wormhole, adjusting our position in the air so that we would land on our feet. We wobbled as we regained our balance, all except for me, who was used to travel like this. Funneh and Gold seemed to be getting better at landing like that.

"Oh my. Our clothes, what happened to them?" Ms. Glare inquired, peeking at her new clothes. "Oh yeah, it changes your clothes depending on if you've been to the place or not. It's weird, but helpful," I explained.

"I don't know about you guys, but I like my outfit," Rainbow smiled, checking out her own new clothes. "It barely looks any different from your original outfit," Draco pointed out.

"Only more casual," Rainbow hummed, tightening the brown jacket tied around the waist of her pencil shaped dress.

"Mine's comfy," I said, looking at the outfit, "and vaguely similar to my old one." "Crap, Gold!" I heard Funneh mutter.

"What?" Gold responded. "Our clothes, they changed back to our old outfits, the ones before we changed today for the party," Funneh clarified.

"Oh, that's just great. How are we supposed to explain this?" I heard them quietly discussing. "Look, let's just find somewhere to stay. Did you think that through?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Sorta. Tonight, we all have to fit into the hotel rooms Gold, Kyran, and I have been staying in. Tomorrow, we've got an idea of where to go," Funneh explained.

"Who's Kyran?" Ms. Glare asked. "Friend of theirs," I responded for them. "Let's hurry. I don't feel safe in another country that I've barely been to before," Rainbow hugged her arms.

Gold and Funneh guided us through the town, explaining and touring as we went. "Dad, you're not even gonna question what we're doing?" Rainbow asked her father.

He shrugged. "You kids have done weirder, I'll say that. And thank you, girls, for rescuing us," Her dad thanked. "Oh, yes, dearies! Thank you so much," Gold's mom added with a smile.

I leaned over and whispered to Draco, "What are we gonna wear? Our clothes are back home and it's not like it's easy to just grab stuff and be ready to go again."

"I dunno. Let's just focus on that when we cross that bridge. We've got enough on our plates," He sighed. I didn't say anything in response.

He kept an eye on Ender, who was following him gladly. It was nice to see that Draco enjoyed Ender's company. Really, it was nice to know it helped him. I mean, we've all got demons in some shape or form, right?

I carried both Nova and Pudding in my arms, holding them close as their hair fluffed up, no longer wet because of the wormhole.

I don't know how long it took us to get to the hotel, but we got there. Funneh started to call someone, but I couldn't hear her. I wasn't nosy enough to try and listen.

• K Y R A N •

I answered the call, holding it up to my ear. "Hello?" "They're here. Tonight they'll be staying with us here, and tomorrow we'll search for a dorm. Mind helping us sneak in the animals?" Funneh inquired.

"I'll be down there in a second," I told her, grabbing a bag of mine that could possibly fit a pet to hide it depending on its size.

I hung up the call and took the stairs down to the bottom of the hotel, sneaking past the front counter. I met up with them and only spotted Funneh and Gold.

"Hey, where's the others?" I asked them. "Hiding. Didn't want to draw too much attention. We'll sneak the pets in first," Gold explained. I nodded.

Funneh wandered off and came back with two cats, one tuxedo cat and one tabico cat, both being cradled in her arms.

She tucked them into the bag, which was like a loose bag you'd see some store use for heavier objects. I quickly hurried upstairs with the two cats, hoping they wouldn't make any noise.

Funneh and Gold soon followed behind me with a bigger dog. It was hairy and had long, black fur with purple eyes. Funneh said his name was Ender.

Eventually, we managed to get the animals upstairs and waddled back down, sneaking past the people at the counter.

It was then that I saw them. They emerged from the bushes beside the hotel, with Funneh and Gold standing behind them.

(I promise that's not snow it's just stars I wAs tOo LaZy tO dO aNy oThEr bAcKgRoUnD)

They looked so familiar, like I had seen them somewhere else. The five of them. With three looking familiar but as if I had never seen them face-to-face.

They smiled and waved, with two adults following behind them. "Oh, and that's some of the parents. This is Ms. Glare, she's Gold's mom," Funneh pointed towards a women who looked like an older version of Gold, which made sense.

"And this is Mr. Paint, her dad," Gold introduced the older man with short, curly, pink hair. "We'll introduce the others when we're inside. Now separate into groups to get upstairs," Funneh instructed.

We agreed. She and the teal-haired girl hurried inside while we waited a few minutes before continuing. I watched as Gold left with her mom, and the pink haired girl with her dad, then leaving me with the black haired guy.

He smiled and I realized how bright his eyes were. Now, I had seen bright eyes before, but his were an electrifying green color. His hair was dark and pushed to the side, thick and short.

Without any words, we rushed upstairs behind the others and in a matter of minutes, we were all pushed into the two hotel rooms.

"Alright, it's time to introduce each other. Guys, this is Kyran. He's our friend from here and the one who let us stay with him when we first started going here," Funneh introduced me.

I waved awkwardly, putting on a smile despite my obvious social anxiety. But luckily, none of them seemed unfriendly. Quite the opposite actually.

"I'm Rainbow," The-pink-haired-girl said, waving with a cheery smile as she fixed the cake-designed beanie that sat on her head.

"I'm Lunar," The-teal-haired-girl announced dramatically, earning a few chuckles. Her eyes were very cold looking, but her personality showed humor.

"And I'm Draco," The-black-haired-guy introduced, holding his hand out towards my own. I grasped it and shook it, smiling back at him, at all of them.

And then it hit me. The wave of realization washed over me. I showed no indication that I had realized something, but I was definitely thinking about it. I had come to that realization. The thing that was so familiar, the thing that was on the tip of my tongue.

It's them.

-/•\-

L U N A is typing....💬

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

5.8K 132 34
This story is about 2 teenage girls. Gold and Funneh. Both heading onto Junior year. Running alongside there friends. Alec, Kyran, Aly, Draco, Rainbo...
29.3K 1.1K 35
After Funneh and Gold leave YH for an emergency back in Canada,Alec,Kyran and Evan meet a strange man and he asks them to join his team. His agency. ...
16K 528 24
𝘐𝘵𝘴𝘍𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘩 𝘈𝘜 𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 Lunar is 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧. To a human, having 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 sounds like their greatest desire...
34.5K 1.2K 22
「COMPLETED」 Gold thought losing her parents was hard, but when she loses someone even closer, her life can't seem to go on. She still has to run a k...