Simple Things||Harry Holland

By neverlandhiraeth

It is quite simple really, Harry Holland and Essie Mulligan met through Instagram, you know, it's quite clich... More

Main Cast
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
Please Read

28

889 36 11
By neverlandhiraeth

🖤 liked by hazosterfield, harryholland64 and 689 others

essiemulligan99 heading off into the city with the boys *swipe* 📸 @harryholland64

view all comments

voidparker holy shit 😍😍😍

FelixUriah slayyyyyy 💞💞

Fra_M97 i see where all the good genes went 😘

hazosterfield @Fra_M97 yeah to me 😏😘

harryholland64 damn 😍🔥

Fernosterholland ^^ if they're not dating imma gauge my eyeballs out

slvtherins_ bit dramatic but a mood ^^

haz_holland Shippppp ^^^^ #hessie

veronicalodge when she got them knee highs you know she a hoe 😏😍🔥

* * *

After the very long drive into the city, where the group decided to book hotel rooms for a few nights so it would save them having to drive back each time for the next few days, they divided up the hotel rooms. There were tow rooms with two double beds in each. And there were five of them. So two would have to share.

"I don't mind sharing," Said Tom, shrugging his shoulders. "That way I could share with one of you guys and then Essie would get a bed to herself."

"Well I don't care to be honest," replied Essie, "I've shared with family loads of times, so Haz and I could share if he doesn't give a toss."

"I don't mind," smiled Harrison. "I mean it would be less weird for us to share than any of you guys."

"Or we could just win the beds on own," suggested Sam, "rock paper scissors it and whoever wins each round sits out until there's only two left and then those two share."

"That's fair," shrugged Essie, "can we hurry up though, otherwise we'll be here all day when we could be out exploring the town."

Harry laughed, "she's right you know." He said and looked over at the girl who smiled and looked away. Harry's eyes stayed on her, travelling down her body quickly and back up again whilst everyone else waited for him to put his hand in ready to play.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" They all exclaimed. Harrison was paper, Tom was scissors and Sam, Harry and Essie all were rock.

"Paper covers rock but scissors cut paper." Said Tom, gloatingly sitting down on one do the beds.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" The other four exclaimed. Harry was paper, Essie was rock, so was Harrison, and Sam had scissors.

"I'm in the other room, bed closest to the window," Sam stated sitting beside Tom, fist bumping him.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

They all were scissors.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

They all were rock.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

Essie was rock, again. Harry was paper. Harrison was scissors.

The blonde flopped onto the second bed in the room they were in. Harry and Essie shared a look before instantly looking away from each other. "Are you both okay with that?" Tom asked, just to make sure.

"I wouldn't have played if I wasn't," Said Essie, her cheeks glowing red.

* * *

That night, Harry was a mess. He was so worried about the next few nights ahead.

Sam was already laying down in bed, his headphones on whilst he watched YouTube. He wasn't paying much attention to his twin brother who sat awkwardly on the edge of the double bed waiting for Essie to come out of the bathroom.

Harry had a shirt in his hand, he wasn't sure if he should wear one to bed, he hadn't for the past few nights when he stayed at the Mulligan's but he wasn't sharing a bed with Essie then.

He heard the door unlock and the light switch off and Essie came plodding into the room, placing her clothes into her bag and turned back to the boy.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, as she pulled her hair up into a messy bun. He face was now cleared of all makeup and to Harry, she didn't look any less beautiful.

"I'm good...are you, um? Do you want me to wear a shirt?" He asked her, scratching the back of his neck.

Essie looked away and sat down on the floor where her phone was plugged into the socket charging, there was a plug socket by the bed but she had plugged hers in on the floor when she was untying her shoes.

"Do you normally wear one?"

Harry bit his lip, "I used to but lately I haven't."

"Then don't. Do whatever you want, Harry I couldn't care less." She shrugged and stood up making her way over to the bed. Harry threw his shirt at his bag where it slipped off and the two climbed under the covers.

It was late and despite her lack of love for sleep, Essie sure was tired. A yawn escaped her lips as she laid back, closing her eyes. Harry also laid on his back. It was like an awkward scene from a movie, where two people had to share a bed but didn't quite know what to do.

Sam glanced over and chuckled lowly, switching his phone to the GroupChat with Tom and Haz.

🚫Team Hessie 🚫

Samthing wrong?
this is so awkward!

Haz no fucks to give!
Why? What's going on.

Samthing Wrong?
If I showed you this.
Imagine this is their feet.
This will tell you how
they are laying

Samthing wrong?

Tom-morrow I'll love ya tom-morrow
Bahahahahaha
Bless them
Harry is fucking whipped!

Haz no fucks to give
Ikr! Idk whether I
should punch him or bless
him
After all she is my baby
cousin

samthing wrong?
Could do both

Tom-morrow I'll love ya tom-morrow
True

samthing wrong?
Right folks
That's all I have for tonight's
Episode of Hessie? Hessie!
Tune in tomorrow for the
second update because I'm tired
good night x

* * *

After a while, Sam fell asleep, but the same couldn't be said for the two redheads in the bed next to his. The air was thick and neither one of them wanted to move in case they made the other uncomfortable.

It grew later and later until Harry plucked up the courage and whispered her name. "Essie?"

"Hmm?" She hummed looking over at him.

"Are you sure you're all right with this? With us...um, uh, sharing?"

She nodded. "Why? Aren't you?"

He shook his head, "I'm fine with it..."

The girl rolled over onto her side so that she was facing Harry. She slowly raised her hand and swipe away the hair from his eyes, brushing it up over his head and off of his forehead. "Then why are you so stiff? You're like a cardboard cut out."

Harry felt the heat rising to his cheeks, the brush of her fingertips had left a burning feeling across his head which filled him with pleasure.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable," he admitted.

Essie furrowed her eyebrows, "and what do you think would make me uncomfortable?"

The boy shrugged. "The fact I want to cuddle you, perhaps."

"And why would that make me uncomfortable?"

Harry's eyes flickered to Essie, "I don't know," he confessed, "I just thought you'd be disturbed by me."

"Why?"

"Because I'm me and you're you."

Essie giggled softly, "Harry, please," she said."I'm a six and you're a ten...you're so fit I'm insecure," she sung, changing the lyrics slightly to fit their situation.

Harry's hand cupped her cheek and he could feel the heat radiating on them. "You mean that?"

She nodded, "Harry all of you Holland's are blessed with great looks."

"Oh."

She moved her head slightly and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "but you look so perfect laying there," she sung again.

Harry was frozen. It was exhilarating the feeling that had erupted inside of him. Immediately, her gaze left Harry and it was now that he was seeing this shy and insecure girl that Haz had told him and his brothers about. There was no denying that she was looking so cute. His hand remained cupping her cheek but his thumb ran across her cheekbones.

The two laid deadly silent, staring at each other and taking in each other's faces.

It was until Essie smiled at the boy and wrapped her arm around him and muttered, "You wanted to cuddle," that they broke gaze.

Harry nodded, his teeth grasping his lower lip in between them. "Goodnight, Essie," he said, placing his arm across her waist.

"Goodnight, Harry."

He waited for a few moments until her breathing deepened and her body untensed, relaxing in his arms.

His lips dangerously closer to her ear. "And..." he whispered, "You're insecure, don't know what for, you're turning heads as you walk through the door."

She didn't hear it. She didn't even stir, but Harry didn't mind. She was in his arms and that was that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.2K 79
My name? My name is Y/N Downey, the daughter of the great Robert Downey Jr. Life with such a father is not exactly easy and you have to listen to a l...
663K 16.1K 104
lordvaldemort: just saw the new spiderman dude and he kinda pushed me when he was running how dare that muggle tomholland1996: i'm sorry she-who-mus...
23.8K 431 17
❝ Haven't changed have you Holland. Neither have you y/l. ❞ ⛅️ :: TomHolland x reader
126K 2.8K 26
{COMPLETED} Tom Holland, Harrison Osterfield and Y/n y/l/n have been best friends since ends meet. At 15 years old Y/n moves to another part in Engla...