Ghosts *COMPLETED*

Oleh mediagirl94

*COMPLETED* Have you ever seen a ghost? A faint memory of someone you once knew but now forgotten. That's exa... Lebih Banyak

AUTHORS NOTE
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twelve

13 9 0
Oleh mediagirl94

LUCAS

Rose sits on the swing in the park and I take the other next to her, it felt like nowadays we didn't get to hang out much just the two of us. Rose was busy dealing with vampires and werewolves and figuring out where she belonged, and I had issues on my end which Rose knew about because she'd brought them up with me over the phone which was why we were sitting alone in a park.

"Ethan freaked out on me Lucas when I went around to his, why did you try and slip him something? I mean I had to convince him that you'd slipped him a harmless love potion since whatever liquid you poured in his drink had no effect on you."

I was kind of embarrassed that Rose had to cover for me, especially making up that I tried to slip him a love potion like some love-struck puppy dog. But Ethan seemed to buy it which was the main thing if he knew what I really tried to slip him then I'd be in for a world of hurt. But Rose had to know the truth, she was my friend after all and knew about this world.

"You know I haven't been able to get inside Ethan's head, well I went to the elders and they said that Ethan shouldn't have a block so they gave me this potion of sorts which would unblock his mind and allow me to read it. Am I a bad person?"

Rose giggles, "So romantic Lucas. It's clear to everyone that you really like Ethan, and maybe it's for the best that you can't read him. Won't that spoil the magic and mystery if you know whatever he's thinking?"

"I've never not been able to get inside people's heads Rose, I can see figments of your memories because the drugs are finally leaving your system but you're a close friend and I wouldn't violate your privacy like that.

She snorts, "then why can't Ethan have the same treatment, Lucas. Think of this has a blessing in disguise, you and Ethan will be on even playing fields. It will make your relationship stronger. Do you want a relationship with him?"

Damn, why did Rose have to be right? I was supposed to be the voice of reason; maybe I was losing my touch. The more I thought about Ethan, the more I wanted to be with him. I'd just have to get over my own insecurities.

"It's too late now, he hates me, Rose."

She shakes her head and jumps off the swing, "all he wants is an apology Lucas, and then tell him how you feel. He wants you just as badly as you want him. So go and get your man."

Getting off my own swing I knew now what I needed to do. I needed to make things right with Ethan and ask him out, and if he rejected me then it would all be my own fault.

ETHAN

Skyping with the hunters had become more of a chore in recent days, especially since I was having second thoughts about feeding them information. After Rose left I literally sat in the same spot on the sofa and thought over my options. I'd never had a real friend because I'd been brought up by hunters, and hunters didn't really have friends because everyone was out to better themselves. But Rose was sweet to me and cared about my feelings, hell she dropped her plans to come and comfort me over boy issues. Maybe the hunter lifestyle wasn't for me anymore, but I was in too deep now to get out alive.

"Hello, earth to Ethan. Does all that hair block your hearing?" Jack snickers, snapping me out of my own head.

Brushing my fringe off my face I scowl at the older hunter, he was never my biggest fan and vice versa. In Jack's eyes, I'd always be some little kid who was only good for spying on people instead of doing the heavy lifting.

"No, it doesn't, I can hear you fine Jack."

Jack disappears off camera and is replaced by Zack, Rian, and Alex.

"Any updates Ethan?" Zack was always straight to the point.

"I think Rose is close to choosing, she's spending a lot of time with both of them but Liam more so. I think she's avoiding the vampires after pissing one off who vowed to hurt her."

"What's his name?" Alex pipes up, obvious concern in his voice.

"Josh Blake, he's an English vampire who seems to hate Kyle. There's a rivalry between them."

"That only tells us that we need to strike while the iron is hot when there's internal feuding," Jack speaks just off-screen cast in shadows.

I had a bad feeling that this meant they were going to come over here soon and put into action their plan to kill supernatural creatures, and I still didn't know where Rose stood in all of this. I didn't want to see her caught in the crossfire.

"Surely you guys need a strategy before outright attacking."

Rian snorts "wow Ethan it's not like we haven't thought about that. How about you stick to homework and leave the rest to the professionals."

Rian high fives Zack and Jack before the three of them disappear. I hated being treated like a child, yes I was one due to my age but I had a maturity to me.

"Don't let Rian's words get to you Ethan, you'll b a good hunter one day."

I smile at Alex's words of encouragement, then a burning question leaves my lips.

"Alex, will Rose be safe? She's become a good friend to me and I don't want to see her hurt in the crossfire."

The older male sighs, "I promise to do my best to keep her safe when the time comes Ethan. I don't want to lose her either. Speak soon."

I hang up on Alex and throw my laptop onto the other sofa in the lounge. I needed to find a way to prove myself worthy.

Just then someone pounds on the front door. Only Rose and Lucas knew where I lived, and Rose was a quiet knocker. It had to be Lucas, I'd been meaning to talk to him after my session with Rose but I was too much of a coward to make the first move. I drag myself with reluctance towards the front door and take a deep breath before opening it, revealing a flustered looking Lucas.

"Please don't close the door in my face Ethan we need to talk. Can I come in?"

I stand aside and the flustered Mexican walks in. After shutting the door behind him I lead him back to the lounge thankful my Skype conversation had ended.

"We do need to talk Lucas."

He bows his head, "I'm sorry about the coffee shop Ethan. Rose talked some sense into me earlier that I don't need potions or magic to tell you how I really feel, no I just need to tell you face to face."

"Look at me, Lucas."

Lucas looks up and for the first time since meeting him I see the fear in his eyes, did he think I was going to reject him or something? I'd never had a boyfriend, so I wasn't going to reject him anytime soon.

"I'm normally confident around people Ethan but you make me nervous. I really like you and I hope you feel the same way, so what I'm trying to ask is will you be my boyfriend Ethan?"

It comes out more like a ramble of words but my heart did a little flip in my chest, Lucas was asking me out.

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

Lucas smiles and pulls me in for a kiss, I'd never been kissed before so I hoped I was doing everything right.

LUCAS

When Ethan's lips lock with mine something inside his head triggers and his thoughts and memories flood into me, and what I saw horrified me.

FLASHBACK

BEFORE ROSE ARRIVES IN SAN DIEGO

England, London

"Ethan come here for a second, I think we finally have a job for you."

Alex sits on a sofa surrounded by three other hunters; Jack, Rian, and Zack. Alex looked devastated. Ethan walks in looking kind of wary.

"Last time you said that Jack it didn't end up too good."

Jack sniggers, "if you hadn't have messed up then it would have gone alright. Think of this job as your redemption.

"Redemption, what's the job? Why is Alex upset?"

Alex looks up at Ethan with tear stained eyes.

"Rose is gone, she figured everything out and ran back off to San Diego."

"You're her age, so we need you to fly to San Diego and go undercover for us. Befriend Rose, she'll like you if she knows she's not the only new kid."

Ethan gawks at Rian, "so you want me to babysit Rose?"

Zack shakes his head, "San Diego has a very large supernatural community and we want to take it down. Rose will find herself drawn to a werewolf called Liam and a vampire called Kyle. What we need you to do is report back to regular updates so we know the best time to strike Ethan. Can you do something that simple?"

"If you do this and succeed Ethan there will be great things in your future kid."

Ethan sighs before nodding an agreement. Jack, Zack, and Rian all get up and hug him while Alex stays seated still distraught over Rose leaving.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Lucas, are you okay?" Ethan's worried voice worms its way into my head, snapping me out of the memory.

I had to keep myself composed; I couldn't give the game away.

"Yeah I'm okay; I guess I've never had a kiss like that before. I love you, Ethan."

Ethan squeals and pulls me into a tight hug, "I love you to Lucas, now would you like a drink or something?"

I nod, unable to form a sentence. Ethan giggles and runs into the kitchen leaving me alone. The innocent boy in front of me was a hunter in disguise this whole time. He'd been sent from England to spy on Rose, Liam, and Kyle and then report back to the hunters so they could plan an attack. Liam and Kyle were concerned why the hunters hadn't made a move yet when we had a hunter under our noses this whole time.

This was a lot to take in, and it could explain why I was unable to get inside his head. As a hunter, he would have been trained to keep his mind locked from attack, but when we kissed and made a connection the barrier came crashing down with the most unlikely results.

Sitting down on the sofa I take out my phone and start to scroll through my many pictures. I'd known Liam, Kyle, and Rose a long time. I'd helped them through rough times and vice versa, and now I knew this really big secret that could blow everything wide open. It pained me to even think this, but I was torn and didn't know which side I was going to take.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

834K 31K 49
Love? No thanks. Cassidy Jordan won't open her heart to anyone after a devastating romance caused her death the first time she turned eighteen. As a...
289 28 7
Hannah Reeveer is the last one left of a long line of witches, her family has always been the protectors of the little town she lives in. One day st...
184K 4.9K 35
"Hey." I look over at Dylan "What?" "You're cute." I roll my eyes at him. "No. I'm being serious." He says "I don't really care." I say : : : Victo...
318K 5.2K 39
This book is being edited. Taylor Jones is 17, a badass and is in one of the most dangerous gangs in LA with her brother and friends, that are more...