Connections | ✔️

By CxTannir

[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl... More

Authors Note & Cast Aesthetic
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Epilogue
THANKYOU
* HELP! *
SEQUEL

Twenty four

39.6K 979 78
By CxTannir

Valerie P.O.V.

I can't believe the first month of summer has completely flown by and 4th of July was now upon us. That meant, my birthday was coming up in two weeks' time. Twenty-two. *Cue the T-swizzle soundtrack*

I changed out of the pyjamas I was lounging around in, and slipped into a pair of red high cut bikinis in honour of Independence Day, underneath my denim mini summer dress. I also popped on a black baker boy hat over the top of my wavy hair and a pair of slides. I applied some light glowing, tanned makeup and a coat of my favorite Fenty Beauty gloss to finish the look off, before grabbing my beach bag.

"Damn girl, you're lookin extra cute," Ell commented with a wink as I stepped out of my bedroom. She had on a slim navy high cut one piece under a white denim cutoff mini skirt with a pair of sunnies on top of her head.

"Thanks," I giggled, "Of course you do too, looking fire as always," I nudged her playfully with my elbow.

She flicked her hair over shoulder and popped a hand on her hip in a mocking pose. "Oh, why thank you," she said in a posh accent as I snorted at the impression. 

"Come on, let's head down to meet up with everyone."

We pulled up to Marina del Rey and parked the car before grabbing our bags to hop out. Apparently, Xavier hired a small yacht for the day so we could spend 4th of July out on the water, as long as everyone else provided food, drinks and entertainment.

My jaw dropped. This was a nice boat. It had a mini speedboat with a tube towed onto the back, and two jet ski ports. I mean I've been on like one in the past, but this looked more like an extreme sports toy, rather than the posh champagne and light cruise along the ocean type.

"Sweet ride huh?" Xavier commented with a grin as he observed my facial expression amusedly.

"Yeah! It's awesome," I grinned back.

"I got a big discount if I made sure to mention the rental company and make a vlog featuring some of our party on it," he chuckled, before brushing his hair out and slid a pair of sunglasses onto his self-satisfied face.

"That's cool! Looks like we're going to have a fun day," I smiled excitedly.

"Fuck yeah! See ya on there," he waved before strutting over to Sommer's car that just pulled up.

Ellana had already run off and boarded the boat in search for Kean, whilst a few others that must be Xavier's friends were loading on some coolers. I made my way on to the yacht and placed my bag down inside and out of the way, before walking up the steps to head to the front.

The view was stunning. The sun was shining high up in the crystal clear sky, irradiating its warmth down on my skin and reflecting off the deep blue ocean water, making the soft waves glitter spectacularly. Last year, I didn't enjoy the fourth as much as I usually did, as I'd only been in L.A for a few months trying to settle in and make a fresh start. It's crazy how much things have now changed this year.

Tingles spread across my skin as I felt a sturdy chest press against my back and two muscular arms snake around my waist. I felt a light kiss trace my shoulder, and another grace my neck just below my ear. I tilted my head to the side to give him more access as he continued to pepper light kisses along my neck, causing me to giggle at the soft ticklish feeling. He flipped me over so I was face front to him.

"Hi," I let out breathlessly.

"Hi beautiful," Carter bit his lip. "I like it when you wear red," he said, tugging on my bikini strap. 

"Thank you," I blushed.

I did a sweep of him from head to toe, admiring the way his hair looked slightly more golden brown in the sunlight, the way the t-shirt clung closely to the outline of his rugged body, and the long, solid legs peeking out from his swimming shorts. He's so hot.

"Are you checking me out Valerie?" he spoke in a teasing tone, raising his eyebrows at me.

Dammit, I gotta get better at doing that subtly.

"You wish," I snorted before brushing it off a little too dramatically.

Carter burst into laughter as he grinned at me. "You're cute." He swung an arm around my shoulder before walking us to the back of the boat, where the main lounge area was.

Someone got out three large JBL's and linked them all up, before they started blasting some music. The coolers were loaded with ice and drinks, as platters of food were spread out. We waited for Jess to arrive with a friend and join the 20 of us on board, before the skipper started the engines and took off.

After a bit of cruising on the scenic harbour, the anchor was set down and people stripped off to start some of the water sports. A couple of guys did some impressive wakeboarding, then Alexys and I had a go on the tube, screaming our heads off as one of the guys towed us around on the speedboat. I was having one of the best summers of my life here with everyone as we danced, chatted and sunbathed out on the front deck of the boat.

"Let's go for a ride," Carter took my hand with a wink and pulled me towards the jet skis.

"Really?!" I squealed excitedly. I hadn't been on one before.

"Uh huh, me & you vs. Kean & Ellana," he grinned evilly as he placed a lifejacket over the top of my head and buckled it together, before doing up his own.

"Let's whoop their asses," I smirked. He laughed and climbed up on the jet ski first, then gave me a hand to hop on behind him. I wrapped my arms around his torso before the rumble of the machine started and we backed out of the yacht.

"First one to that buoy and back wins!" Kean yelled as Ell waved and stuck her tongue at me from the back of their jet ski. I laughed as I stuck up the finger boldly at her. She placed a hand on her chest and gasped before we both cracked up laughing.

"Losers have to jump off the front railing of the boat!" Carter yelled back and grinned. I let out a squeal and leaned forward into him, as the jet ski took off, feeling the spray of water hit past my bare legs. We sped forward neck-and-neck, as the wind whipped through our hair before Kean & Ell took over in the lead as they rounded the buoy.

"Hold on tight!" Carter shouted back to me, as he turned the hand throttle all the way, shooting us forward in line with Kean and Ell. I laughed excitedly on the back as we sped forward, bumping over the waves. We both came rushing to the end closely after one another, as the boys let out a whooping holler. Carter spun the jet ski around and did a few tricky curves and swerves much to my delight before pulling over near the boat.

"Who won?" Kean shouted up to Xavier who stood recording us on the back deck. 

"No clue! It was so close, I'll have to watch in slow-mo!" he yelled back down. We parked the jet skis back in their place then shed off the life jackets.

"I guess you'll all be jumping!" Alec chuckled and lifted his drink into a cheers motion.

"Yup, no lil bitches allowed on board, boats and hoes only!" Xavier agreed with a wink, as we all laughed at his crude remark.

Kean, Ell, myself and Carter stood on the edge of the yacht, holding on to the railings behind us, as we looked 10 feet down to the deep water below. Ell gave me a frightened look, that I equally mirrored.

"Let's do this Ell!" I smiled at her uneasily, hoping to encourage myself as well.

"Yep!" she nodded at me, cringing as we both nervously chuckled.

Carter took my hand in his from the other side and gave it a tight squeeze.

"3!" Xavier began the countdown, "2!" I looked over at Carter wide-eyed as he grinned. "1!"

We all leaped off the boat with a scream and hit the cool water below us. I pushed up to the surface, breathing in a deep breath of air at the exhilarating experience. Carter paddled over and gave me a wet salty kiss on the lips, before I splashed him away playfully.

"WOOOO!" Loud yells erupted.

Next thing you know, Alec, Jess, Alexys, Sommer, Katy, James, Xavier and Jay came running over with a loud holler, before diving in to join us as we splashed about in the cool water. After a while, we climbed up the ladder and towelled off to continue the celebrations.

The melodic beat of Summertime Magic by Childish Gambino started playing through the speakers, prompting me to get up and join in, dancing to the music. I softly swayed my body and lightly bopped my head to the tune, lifting my hands up in the air carelessly.

You feel like summertime
You took this heart of mine
You'll be my valentine in the summer
In the summertime

Carter appeared before me and placed his hands on my hips, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We grinned at each other and moved side-to-side to the fun R&B Soul pop song.

You are my only one
Just dancin', havin' fun
Out in the shinin' sun of the summer
Of the summer

His eyes bore into mine deeply, as our heads tilted to the side and we leaned in to meet each other's lips. He kissed me slowly, moving our lips together deliciously for a few more moments before pulling away. He gave me a sweet lopsided smile as we continued to dance happily together.

Do love me, do love me, do
Do love me, do love me, do (yeah)
I love you
Do love me, do love me, do
Do love me, do love me, do (ohh)
Put no one else above you

The yacht cruised back near the marina as night fell, so the "yacht squad" (courtesy of Xavier), could watch the fireworks display. The loud explosions and sparkling colours lit up the beautiful night sky, as we all lounged around the front and sides of the boat watching in awe. Carter raised our joined hands and planted a tender kiss on it, whilst we gazed up at the fiery technicolour display. Everything was perfect. Loud cheers and applause erupted as the show came to an end and we prepared to dock.

"Hey Val, I'm going to give Alec and Kean a lift and stay over okay? You alright going with Carter?" Ellana asked me as she swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Yeah no worries, drive safely," I replied giving her a hug goodbye. I skipped over towards Carter, bag in hand as he finished lifting an empty cooler into the back of his jeep.

"Hey you," I wrapped my arms behind him as I cuddled into his back.

"Hey," he chuckled softly, looking over his shoulder down at me. "Coming home with me?"

"Yes please," I nodded.

"Let's get going then princess," he winked as he opened the door for me to get in, before rounding the side and hopping in his seat. "You alright, you have tons of goosebumps?" he placed a hand on my thigh as he began driving down the highway back to his apartment.

"A little chilly from the swimming and the night breeze, but I'm okay. Maybe I'll get in your hot tub bath when we get back," I mused.

We made it back after a bit of traffic, and I was definitely going to get into the hot tub now to unwind and wash away the gritty feeling of saltwater.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
2.8M 86.7K 54
[COMPLETE] They say weddings are eventful, to say the least. Anything could happen. What I didn't expect however, was him. My mistake. It's been...