Never Looking Back ✔

Par serial-chiller

Completed. Plus

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 40

52.7K 1.8K 36
Par serial-chiller

Chapter 40

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! :D

I woke up in someone's arms.

Daniel.

I looked towards the windows and saw that the sun was getting out. Must be around five or something.

I quitely unlocked his arms from my waist being careful to not wake him up. I gazed at his face. His hair was messy. His mouth was slightly open. His chest moving up and down calmly.

He looked beautiful.

Without wasting any more of my time on watching him. I got out of the bed and went to washroom. After I was donw with it. I went to my walk in closet to change out of the clothes I was wearing and stopped when I saw my yesterday's dress lying on the floor.

I gulped. Yesterday's events came crashing back to me hitting me like a truck. I shut my eyes tightly. I want to forget it. I really do.

Without even changing I got out of the room and went down to the kitchen and sat on the table. There wasn't much light in the kitchen and I liked it that way.

I sat on the stool and folded my arms in the table in front of me and rested my head on them. I abruptly stood up from the stool and walked to switch on the light.

The darkness was scaring me.

I tried to divert my mind and made myself a cupof coffee. I placed the steaming cup of it in front of me and sighed. I looked out the kitchen window and I could see the the greenary of the garden. Because of the wind they were moving.

It seemed very peaceful. I wanted to go out but continued to sit on sitting. I sipped on the hot coffee. But pushed it. I didn't like it. I didn't feel like drinking it.

After a few minutes I heard the steps of a person walking down the stairs.

Daniel.

He came to the kitchen seeing the lights on. Why is he awake so early?

"You are up." He said softly. I nodded.

Sensing that I wasn't in the mood to talk. He sat in front of me quietly. I wanted to ask him why he was up early but didn't. Not knowing the reason why.

After a few minutes of sitting comfortable silence. He talked. "Are you not going to drink it?" He asked motioning towards the coffee. I shook my head.

He picked it up and started sipping from it.

Okay..

"So. What do you want to do today?" He asked. I could see that he was struggling to make small talk.

"Uh-nothing?" I said which came more like a question.

Suddenly my thoughts drifted towards brandon. He must be sleeping. Or not. I hope he doesn't worry blake and diana. He can be a little grumpy at times. And not seeing me with him will surely freak him out.

"Are you alright?" Daniel's voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"Yeah........I guess." I answered.

"I am so sorry for the yesterday's events. I-I wish I could have reached on time. I wish I was with you at that time. I shouldn't have leave you alone." He said as he hung his head down.

My gaze softened. I put my hand over his and squeezed it. "It's not your fault. It-whatever happened..I don't want to think about it. And I certainly know that none of this was your fault. I-I don't know what would have happened if you and your friend had not reached on time." My voice cracked as tears appeared in my eyes.

He bring my hand to his lips. "I will kill that bastard for you." He said. His jaw clenched.

I stayed silent as he continued to grab my hand. He ran his thumb on the diamond in my hand.

"It looks beautiful on you." He murmured as he continued to gaze over it. I smiled.

"Emily." He called and I looked up and raised my eyes to meet his.

"What?"

He paused. Then shook his head. "Nothing."

I frowned but did not say anything.

"Do you want to go outside? We can have breakfast and then pick up brandon." He suggested.

The offer didn't seem bad. Besides I want to go out of the house. So I nodded. "Okay. You have ten minutes to get ready." He grinned at me and I almost melted.

"You too mister."

****
After fifteen minutes I was down fully ready. I got the quickest shower of my life. My face was bare of any makeup. I was wearing a white v necked shirt with blue skinny jeans. And some black nike's. My hair had a messy look to them. I didn't exactly brush them after blow drying.

Where is daniel?

I looked around. I scoffed. And he was telling me to get ready in ten minutes.

I again ran upstairs to his room and went in without knocking like the person I am. He was standing in front of the mirror running his hands through his hair.

"You take more times than girls." I said shaking my head trying to act dissapointed.

He chuckled. "I wanted to look good for our first date baby."

Date?

I rolled my eyes. "Come on princess. You look good. Let's go." I teasingly said to him and he laughed.

"Shall we? My lady." He said with a charming smile as he put his hand out for me to take.

"We shall." I said grinning as I went forward without taking his hand.

*****

We went to a homey cafe near and had breakfast and I honestly felt better. We talked and laughed.

"I like seeing you happy." He said and I blushed. You make me. I wanted to say.

"So...how is everything going in office? How is the secretary?" I asked teasingly.

"I actually have changed so many assistants since two years. My assistant before them was veey great. I still can't find someone like her." He said back to me.

"I missed her very much." He said the last part softly.

Really?

He missed me? Why do I find that hard to believe. Daniel has changed..so much in these two years. I am actually surprised.

After breakfast. We made our way to Blake's house.

"Isn't it too early to go there?" I asked daniel as he drove the car.

"I don't give a fuck." He said and I stifled a laugh.

As we reached there we went through the t.v. lounge and I was surprised to see blake shirtless with a pajama bottom hanging dangerously low and a cup of coffee in his head.

His hair was messy and he looked like he just woke up. He looked up and said. "Your kid sure knows how to scream." I laughed.

He put his cup on the table and came towards me. His arms opened wide as he was about to hug me but stopped midway realizing that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"I think I should not." He said sheepishly as he stepped away.

"Right." Daniel muttered.

"What a pleasant surprise to see you here emily." He said smiling. I smiled back.

"Where is brandon?" I asked him looking around.

"Diana was showering him." He said and I nodded.

"I hope he wasn't a problem." I said teasingly knowing well enough he was.

"Yeah I woke up at six beacuse of his crying but other then that he is a lovely kid." He told me dramatically but I could see a smile on his face.

"Where are they? I'll go see them." I stated.

"Already bored of my company." He raised an eyebrow teasingly and I chuckled.

"Exactly."

We went to what I am presuming is Diana's and Blake's bedroom. I tried not to look embarrassed as I saw a red thong on the floor.

"I hope you guys didn't do it in front of my innocent baby." The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop.

He laughed. "No promises." I made a weird face but didn't say anything further hoping he is joking.

We went to the walk in closet and there was brandon playing with Diana's hair while she brushed his wet curly hair. He had gotten out of his little tux that he was wearing yesterday night and was now in a cute new clothes.

"Mommy." He said as he looked at me and ran towards me. I took him in my arms and hugged him tightly.

"I missed my little devil." I said hugging him.

"Come on. It's my turn to hug him." I heard daniel from behind. When did he get here?

I left brandon out of my arms and he ran towards daniel. "Dad." He said and I saw the look of pure happiness on Daniel's face. He bent down and picked brandon in his arms.

"How is my favourite man doing?" He asked and I smiled. I honestly love them together.

I turned to greet diana. We went back to sit in the living room and talked a little. She told me how brandon woke up in the middle of the night crying and asking for me and everything else.

"You guys should have at least stayed for lunch. It's the first time you came to our house emily." Diana insisted as we made our way to the car.

"Uh-some other time definitely diana." I said giving a polite smile.

"Baby, we will invite them some other day." Blake said as he hugged her from behind.

"Yeah." Daniel said. He seemed eager to go home.

******

It was night. The whole day was gone and I didn't even notice. I slept in the afternoon and then now I am again in bed with brandon. He is asleep. Because I woke up few hours ago, I wasn't sleepy.

I was just laying in my bed thinking about life.

Then a knock was heard on the door.

Who is this late here? I mean it must be daniel. He is the only one living in this house besides us. It's actually his house.

I looked at the clock. It's midnight. I hope everything is alright.

I quickly wore my slippers and went to open the door.

I gasped a little when I opened the door.

Daniel was standing with a cake in his hands. "Happy Birthday baby."

*****

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

567 45 13
Boss finds himself drawn to his Personal assistant. He soon discovers they are more than business partners and there is much more to this sweet treat...
8.8K 196 20
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
10.7K 407 16
Just read the story....
10.6K 492 20
I love you my dear secretary....