Hood Love 1

By NaeBbyXo

Janiyah is young and wants to enjoy a carefree life. No worries at all. She's books, beauty, and brains. She... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
Epilogue
Hood Love 2

XXVI

15K 388 89
By NaeBbyXo

Hey loves🧡

Sorry for the long wait. I have really been working on this chapter for what seemed like decades! For some reason I could not finish it. But I finally did😌

I hope you all enjoy this chapter
Happy Halloween 🎃
_________________________

Janiyah P.O.V

I made sure to close the back door behind me as I entered the house with Ayden on my hip. The smell of food entered my nose immediately as I walked through the dining room. I spotted Mariah in the hallway, leaning against the wall on her phone.

"Hey, Niyah." Mariah spoke walking up to me. She held her hands out to grab Ayden who damn near fell out of my arms to get to her. She grabbed him from me, smiling in his face making him smile.

"Hey, my baby." She kissed him on his cheek.

"Where everybody at?" I pulled up my shorts by their belt loops. It was extremely hot outside today so I dressed Ayden and I cool and comfortable as possible. He wore a white Nike t-shirt and black basketball shorts. His hair was scooped into a ponytail and black Nike Huaraches adorned his feet.

"In the living room playing Monopoly. Y'all look cute." She smiled after noticing we were matching. I wore a white Nike t-shirt, black denim shorts, and black Nike Huaraches. My hair was slicked back into a neat ponytail with a side part. It was too hot to wear any makeup so I simply put in large hoop earrings and a bit of lip gloss.

"Thanks, boo. So do you! Okaaay Riah." I dragged out as she turned around and start twerking. I laughed as I cheered her on.

"Y'all lame." Mario walked past us and out the front door. We both rolled our eyes and ignored him. Mario was the annoying little brother I never had, but Mariah did. You would never be able to tell that he was older than her because of the way that he acts.

I made my way into the living room with Mariah behind me. I instantly spotted everyone crowding around the living room table with the game Monopoly sitting on top of it.

"Bitch you cheating!" Trey laughed as he stood up from his seat. I made my way over to Trevan who was shuffling Monopoly money in his hands.

"Hey Janiyah."

"Hey Niyah."

"Hey boo."

I heard from all around the table. I spoke to everyone before sitting sideways on Trevan's lap.

"Where my son?" He glanced up at me from counting his game money.

"Damn can I get a hey." I frowned while looking down at him. He kissed my cheek repeatedly and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry baby. How you doing today? How everything go?"

"Yeah yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It was alright. I spoke to the lady about the venue and she showed me around. Only thing is, I had to write her a check to get it now."

He nodded his head, "Alright that's cool."

I was referring to the party I had started planning for my baby who was turning one soon. He wouldn't be making one until January 15th but we had to get the venue in advance. I wanted everything to be perfect for my baby's first birthday so I was going to start planning it now.

"Where my son at anyway?"

"With Mariah, you know he think that's his girlfriend." I laughed.

Mariah brought Ayden over to Tre after being called into the kitchen by Mama Rica.

"Hey son." He kissed Ayden's cheek and holding him up to his face. Ayden grabbed and pulled on his father's face as he laughed.

"He trynna show you some love." I smiled watching them interact with each other. Trevan groaned as Ayden scratched and pulled on his face.

"Aye nigga it's yo' turn." Mario tapped Tre who was apparently being beat up by Ayden.

"Janiyah!" I heard Mama Rica calling me from the kitchen. I got up from Tre's lap, going into the kitchen to see what she needed.

"Yes mama?"

"I know you ain't come in here without speaking girl?" She eyeballed me while washing her hands in the kitchen sink. She hurriedly took the cornbread out of the oven, sitting it on the stove top.

"I'm sorry mama," I hugged her small body. "I was in there talking to your big head son."

She laughed lightly. "Speaking of him. How are you feeling about this whole paternity situation?"

I sat at one of the bar stools in the kitchen, resting my elbows against the counter. I blew out a breath, instantly getting a headache thinking about it.

"He literally had to block Janay's number because she calls atleast 20 times a day."

"She is so damn retarded. Trying to pin a baby on my baby." Mama Rica shook her head in disgust. At this point, everybody knew about the situation and the scam that she was trying to pull. It not only disgusted me, it disgusted his entire family.

"Yeah," I rubbed my forehead. "You know we went to the DNA Center yesterday. The results come back next week"

"Yeah Tre called me yesterday. Although we already know the results because my son is no liar. He never have been. If he did something, he gone own up to it. I know because I had a hard time when he was a little boy." She shook her head.

"But sometimes you just have to pray for some people, that's all you can do." I nodded my head in agreement with her. I had been trying to push the situation to the back of my mind because at this point, it was just a headache.

I got up after hearing Ayden crying and Trevan telling him to shutup. I made my way back inside of the living room, trying to see what was going on.

"Stop talking to my grandbaby like that!" Mama Rica yelled from the kitchen.

As I was walking up Trevan had Ayden standing up on his lap. Suddenly, Ayden balled up his little fist and hit Tre in the mouth causing a reaction out of everybody.

"Oop." My hand went to my mouth as I tried to hold in my laughter. It was no use after hearing Mariah's retarded laugh and everyone else's following behind her. Trevan simply looked at Ayden with shock all over his face, making it even more hilarious.

"Yeah stop playing with my son." I grabbed Ayden and put him on my hip.

"Tell Daddy stop playing with you." I laughed, tickling Ayden's stomach. He laughed, laying his head against my chest.

"That's 'cuz he be watching you. Y'all gone stay hitting on me."

I smacked my lips. "I do not beat on you."

"So how I be getting these bruises on me?" He looked at me with the most serious expression he could muster. Which still wasn't serious because he held a slight smirk on his face.

"Boy, you don't have no bruises." I laughed walking up closer to him. I looked him up and down biting the inside of my lip. He looked good in his white beater and jean shorts. His hair was freshly cut and he looked damn good.

"Yea okay." He nodded, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me closer. I leaned down, meeting him halfway for a kiss.

"Ew, y'all can get a room." Trey threw a lighter at us.

"Bitch." Trevan laughed, getting ready to throw something back at him. They were acting like some big ass kids.

After a couple of minutes of joking around, Mama Rica announced that the food was done. Everyone sat at the kitchen table where we ate as a family. The only person missing was Kiera, who was at home sick. We had been texting back and forth for a good hour but I'm guessing she finally went back to sleep.

"Pass the salt please, Janiyah." Mariah said in the most proper voice she could muster.

"Of course Mariah." I repeated in the same tone.

"Y'all lame." Trey mugged.

"I think you mad." Mariah furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him with a confused expression on her face.

"Nah, he big mad." I laughed while stuffing my face. These greens were so damn good.

"Let me get all yall attention right quick." Trevan stood.

I looked at up at him, waiting on him to say something corny or funny.

"As yall know, its some dumb ass shit going on in our lives right now. Bitches trynna pin babies on me and shi-" Mama Rica cut him off by clearing her throat loudly. She gave him a stern look before turning her attention back to her plate.

"My fault ma I ain't mean to curse." He held his hands up in surrender.

"But foreal, I just wanna say that regardless of anything going on, you always stick through it with me." He looked down at me with a sly smile on his face.

"Man we been together for a while, and we got a son that you always keep together. You a outstanding mother and I would be grateful to have you as a wife."

Those words made my eyes widen and heart begin beating rapidly.

"Wait wait wait." I held my hand up and pulled out my phone.

"Niyah." Trevan looked down at me with his eyebrow raised. I shook my head, quickly pressing the facetime button. Nothing could be heard but the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" Kiera croaked into the phone, sounding like she was asleep. I quickly sat my phone up on the table so that she could see everything.

"I couldn't have her not see this. Okay continue." I smiled up at Tre.

"Hey Kiera." Mariah yelled from the other end of the table.

"Hey boo." Kiera smiled into the camera.

"Can I finish?" Tre asked, becoming irritated.

"Okay okay, gone head." I sat up straight in my seat, holding Ayden on my lap.

He blew out a breath before getting down onto one knee infront of me. I could feel tears burning my eyes making me cover my face.

"Awww boo!" Kiera sniffed on the phone.

"My boy." Trey boosted him making us both laugh. I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand and waited for him to ask the question that would tie us both together for life.

"Janiyah," he pulled a box from his pocket, the same box he had pulled out the other night while we were at dinner. It clicked that he was going to ask me then, but we had been rudely interrupted.

"Will you marry me?" He popped the box open leaving me stunned. The diamond ring stared at me as it sparkled. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears, it felt as if I was dreaming.

"Yes!" I spoke lowly, unable to hide the smile that stretched widely across my face. The whole table was filled with cheers and whistles from everyone around us. Once he slid the ring onto my finger, I immediately jumped in his arms while holding Ayden in one arm.

Of course my emotions got the best of me and I begin crying onto his chest. It felt surreal to me that he had proposed, being that we had came such a long way. I was just a senior in high school, crushing on him hard. Now look at us, a son who is almost one years old and a wedding on the way.

"Awww, young love." Mariah faked a cry.

"I'm so happy for the both of you!" I could hear Mama Rica say before I felt her arms embracing us in a hug. At this point Ayden was squished between all of us, making him look around at everyone confused.

"Congratulations boo! I'm so happy for you." Kiera exclaimed through the phone. I sat down again in my seat, giving Ayden his pacifier since he was beginning to fuss.

"Thank you. Oh my God I feel just...I don't know." I couldn't stop smiling no matter how hard I tried. I was smiling so hard that my face was beginning to hurt. I was genuinely happy.

"I love this glow on you boo! I can't wait to help plan this wedding with you."

"Yes whenever you wanna start boo I'm ready." Mariah added making me nod my head.

"I love y'all. Thanks."

"No problem honey, let me get back to your spoiled ass niece." I laughed before we said our goodbyes and hung up the FaceTime call.

Everyone went back to regular random conversation as we continued to enjoy dinner and each other's company. Of course I couldn't tear my eyes away from the ring that now adorned my finger.

Looking up at Trevan, I watched him as he ate. He must have felt me staring at him because he looked up at me, winking his eye. I rolled my eyes as I blushed and smiled.

Wow, I was really engaged to the love of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 16.4K 32
Two different people with completely different mindsets who find each other at their worst. One doesn't realize what's right in front of them.
15.1K 576 31
Tiana was always a big girl. But she wasn't like your typical big girl. She was confident, sassy and wanted by all the boys at her school. She never...
85K 2.9K 47
When two old friends reconcile will there be love or will bitter ex relationships stop them along the way? Follow Aziyah and Travon as the go through...
669 31 13
Aubree Santiago is the girlfriend of 23 year old De'Andre Jakare Carter. While on their money making journey, De'Andre better known as "Dre" is reass...