The Untold Stories of the Und...

By Cheeahmahkah002

Karla and Stephanie Lockwood are sisters. Karla is six years while Stephanie is sixteen years. The Peaceful A... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter Three

42 19 2
By Cheeahmahkah002

It was a Saturday.... A perfect Saturday you can say as it was also the birthday of Karla. Barb had gotten her tons of gifts in respect to the big day. Some hair bows, fully patterned dresses, shoes, and a lot more.

My baby is turning six..

Barb had baked the perfect cake. It was pink and white, just the way Karla loved it.

Stephanie saw something though, just a little smudge however of 25% grayish black.

Yep!! That's accurate.

"A smudge on the cake??!!" She muttered. It was to be perfect for the "perfect" birthday. However, Karla was still naive. Any attempt to clear up the smear will ruin it more, so she left it and went to get dressed.

Karla had her locks curled up with a pink hair bow, while Stephanie wore her denim jeans and a ted cotton top.

It's just a birthday.

Stephanie however invited her two best friends from school... Dylan and Emily. They had been friends since forever.. Grew up in the same neighborhood until they just had to leave because of her dad's new job.

Still they grew in touch... Stephanie hadn't yet changed school neither did Karla. The distance however had remarkably increased to twice the usual time for movement.

Happy Happy Happy Birthday.
Everybody wants to wish you a Happy Birthday.

"Say your wish, dear." Barb said standing right next to her and holding up the cake with lit candles for the few friends and family that came over to see and slowly bending over for them to be blown. Stephanie stood some distance away, capturing the colourful moment.

"Do you really want to know my wish Mum?" Karla asked looking somewhat frightened.

"Yes dear... We all do" Barb replied with a reassuring confidence.

"I wish.... I wish Akeela would be human again so we could play till hours end" Karla spoke with terror in her voice each words breaking up and then being firm again.

As she said these, a mighty hush fell on them suddenly, the east west wind blew with a tremendous effect on the house. The blinds danced around, and the family pictures fell one after the other until all of them broke. The wine glasses clanged each other, and some broke. Darkness descended, and the lights went out.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Mummy!!!!

"Everyone stay still the lights should be back on. I'll get the flash light" Simon said. The flashlights were in the bedroom cabinet, and he hadn't been with his phone. He traced his steps but did hit a glass table that laid in the centre of the room.

Stephanie had checked the time and it was exactly 12 noon.

Great! Just when I thought it was 7pm.

The lights had been back on, and Stephanie noticed footprints. Black smoky footprints.

Surely she just had to be the most meticulous of them all..

"Mum... Dad.... Look!" Stephanie shook as she pointed her index finger to the direction of the steps. They headed upstairs.

With that, Simon followed the directions a step at a time until the heard abrasive knocks on the door to Karla's room. All the while, Karla had been tucked into her mum's side.

"Mum, let me talk to her." Karla gathered up some courage to speak up.

Her mum had tried restraining but couldn't then she began.

"Akeela!! Here's your song please go back.
Ring-a Ring o'roses.
A pocket full of posies.
A-tishoo! A-tishoo!
We all fall down... "
Karla sang from down the stairs.

"That's my song indeed, but I didn't teach you one part.
Die, Die it's time for you to die.
What shall kill you, probably a knife falling from the sky.

"Stephanie watch out!!!" Emily had pushed Stephanie out of the way, just in time for a knife that was let loose from its stack to stab her. Just then, the lights came on and Akeela disappeared.

"Thanks for coming over." Barb appreciated Stephanie's friends who had now sped up their pace one leading the other.

"I guess you are going to call me the weirdest girl at school. Please, don't let this get to the press." Stephanie pleaded as her hands were comfortably placed in her pocket.

"I need you.... I need you both" she added.

After Dylan and Emily exchanged a familiar look. Dylan spoke to break the awkward silence.

"Steph... We have been friends for a long time... We keep each others secret. As we would do to this... But someone's gotta help you if it's really a haunted house."

"I have a plan" Stephanie said as she hurdled up the trio..

(Whispers something to the hearing of the three of them only.)

"That's... Not bad" Emily spoke up as she shrugged. Then, a familiar stare met with hers. A girl who had most of her hair cover her face, putting on a white gown and shabby red lipstick.

This made her fidget, and she alerted the others.

"Ste..steph... Dylan..... Look up there... I saw her face." Emily said her limbs failing.

"There is nothing there Emily.... I see nothing." Dylan said calming her.

She had managed to get her grip back and was led home by Dylan who she had begged to stay with her in the house till she fell asleep. Her parents had been away for a short trip to the Bahamas, and she had been the only child. It was fine being alone... Her typical night plan had been dinner, movies, and sleep. During the day, she spent most time in school because she was to act in the Halloween School Movie The Haunted which was around the corner. She had her script lines roughly rehearsed before sliding into her bed.

All the while, Dylan had been in the living room. He had been watching a comedy series Coco... They had gone on a commercial break, and he helped himself with a can of soda in the fridge. He took few gulps and checked the clock... It was 7:42 pm.

Time to go home...

He then went over to Emily's room, and slowly turned the door knob open to avoid making much noise. Still, the hinges creaked. He called her name a couple of times to affirm if she was asleep. Then, he tucked her in her blanket and whispered goodnight.

He hurried back to the living room, took his jacket which had been on the couch, and headed out. He had forgotten to switch off the television, and the show had been back on... This time around the lady in the series, who was the lead character apparently, had claw marks on her hand and the lights in the show, had gone off... When it came back on.. It was a young girl that came up with half her hair covering her face, and blood dripped from her lips.. Then a familiar nursery rhyme was sung in the background, and the television cracked.

Emily had been asleep for two hours, and she occasionally rolled in the bed as she had been somewhat uncomfortable.... Her blanket had been dragged from its end and when she still didn't wake with this, her feet was dragged... Then she awoke panting.... She was drenched in sweat, and she panted heavily... Then she screamed...

"Dylan!!!!!!!" She called a couple of times but no response. Her shower had turned on in the bath tub.... She switched her bedside lamp, turned the main light, then slowly went into the bathroom.

"Who's there?" She asked moving slowly as she was about to open the door... She heard something from her back... It was her laptop's keyboard.... She left the door and turned around to see her scripts disarranged. She picked each piece of paper and saw the word.... Roses inscribed on each paper with a red paint.....

This isn't paint.... It's... It's... Blood!!!

She quickly got her phone to call Dylan but there was no signal... She ran out of the room to go out.... Anywhere....

The hallway lights flickered, then went off. She grabbed her phone and used the background light to see, but those failed too as her phone was switched off.

You have got to be kidding me...

Then something heavy fell on her, and she dropped heavily on the floor..

Just then the sound of chuckles from a little girl, was heard in the background...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
208K 3.8K 9
๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ | ๐จ๐ง ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ- โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
14.8K 276 38
The life of a mortician changes forever after he tries to have his way with a beautiful woman's dead body. And soon he discovers that the only person...