The Bad Boy and the Other Bad...

By badbloom

The last time I'd seen him shirtless was years ago when we were still friends - before puberty. I was so foc... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note

Chapter 1

85.1K 1.5K 4.3K
By badbloom

-

-

-

-

DISCLAIMER: Some of the characters will not be politically correct, or will conform to toxic masculinity and make jokes about it. There will be offensive jokes most likely. There will be violence and fighting. There will also be homophobic characters - especially the actually homosexual ones. There may be drug use mentioned. 

I am not just putting all of this stuff in for fun - it is important to the plot and character development. If any of this is triggering to you, this book is probably not for you. 

Any similarities to another book is coincidental. 

THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHT MATERIAL

I am open to constructive criticism in the comments - but homophobic or other offensive and harmful comments will be blocked and reported. 

I rolled out of bed with a groan, blearily looking for my phone. 

Fifteen missed calls from Dad. 

I huff in disgust and throw it away, rubbing my face. I let my arm drop and look around. 

Ew. Whose room even is this? The walls were pale blue, and literally covered with polaroids. Clothes spilled out of an open walk-in-wardrobe. A silver MacBook covered with skateboard stickers rested on a desk, overflowing with paper. 

My head pounded. 

I hauled myself to my feet, holding on to the bed, then froze. 

A girl lay on the bed with her back to me, bright orange traffic cone hair splayed across the pillow. I squinted. Who-? 

I turned back to the wall, stepping closer to the polaroids. My eyes bulged when I saw who featured in every photo. I sucked in air in between my teeth.

Right. 

I forgot she dyed her hair. 

Behind me, on the bed, was Mallory Taylor - Rocco Denver's girlfriend. 

I ran both my hands through my hair. 

What the actual fuck. 

I snatched my jacket from the floor, tugging it over my shoulders. I could not believe it. How drunk was I last night? Shit. I couldn't remember anything. 

I slipped out her bedroom door and made my way quickly down the stairs to the front door. Beer bottles were scattered everywhere. Dirt spilled across the carpet from broken plant pots. There were still sleeping bodies sprawled across sofas. I wondered if Rocco was there. 

I smirked. Mallory is going to have a fun time explaining this to her parents. And on a school night. 

And explaining it to Rocco.

I slipped out the open front door, scanning the road for my bike. 

Ah, there she was, the sexy beast. I pulled my helmet over my head and swung my leg over the seat. 

She roared to life as soon as I turned the keys - thank god, I hadn't filled her up in a while. It was a sound I usually loved, but today it just my head hurt more. 

I went to the nearest 7/11 and bought Gatorade, a sandwich, and peppermint gum. The air was sharp and cold, probably because it was like seven in the morning. I sat on my bike and ate my sandwich. I took a few painkillers out of my wallet, washing them down with Gatorade. I popped two sticks of gum into my mouth. I looked up at the overcast sky. Maybe I will go to school today.  Can't miss out on the drama in between Mallory and Rocco. 

I fought my grin and started up my bike again.

Prisington High was deserted - too early for everyone to arrive. My footsteps echoed loudly on the linoleum floor. I pushed open the boy's bathroom door - it was clean from last evening, as it always was. 

I got changed into my uniform quickly. I ran the hot water, splashing my neck and face, then finishing with cold. I ran a wet hand through my dark blonde hair, staring at my reflection through the steamed up mirror. 

Shit. 

Did I really sleep with fucking Mallory? 

Well, it's going to make Rocco mad.

I allowed myself a grin.

In the mirror, I looked like a wolf. 

-------

When students started filing in after the bell, I was already sitting at my desk. Mr. Paterson looked at me over his glasses. 

"Well, well, well, Jax, " he went. "Someone's excited for English. " 

I gave him a lazy salute. I actually kind of liked Mr Paterson. "Always. " 

He cleared his throat. "Well, no, not really. The first time this week. "

I feigned surprise. "Wow, how time flies. "

Ryan, my best friend, plopped down beside me. His large shoulder immediately barged into mine. 

He took off his Cobra jacket and hung it on the seat. "What's up."

I grimaced. "I think I slept with Mallory. " 

He stopped. "How can you think you slept with Mallory?"

I opened my hands. "Dude, I don't know! I just woke up beside her! I don't remember anything! I don't even know whose party it was!"

Ryan choked with laughter. "I can't believe it! This is great!"

I allowed a grin. "What can I say, even Mallory can't resist it. " 

Ryan was still laughing. "He's going to smash you! " 

I scoffed and punched Ryan on the shoulder - not that it has any effect. "As if. "

When I was six years old, my father took me to a Cobra meeting. I did nothing but mess around and take food. I tried taking Ryan's juice - he was the only other child there - and he socked me in the face. We've been best friends ever since. 

Soon, everyone was here and we began. I surreptitiously scanned the class. 

No Rocco. 

His seat was empty. Mallory sat beside it, pencil in her mouth. She gave me a blank look.

What's that meant to mean? 

As fate would have it, Me and Rocco had nearly all the same classes. It's like God was out to get me. 

Once, Rocco put some sort of bug on my laptop when I was in P.E that played porn sounds on it very loudly every time I opened it. Like, in class. In front of the teacher, everyone. He never owned up directly, but he walked past my chair as I opened my laptop going "What you watching, Wilson? "

Unlucky for him, I played it cool. "Wouldn't you like to know. Want to watch it with me? " 

I relished in his reddened cheeks and darkened scowl. 

In retaliation, I painted his locker bright yellow and jammed it shut so it was difficult to open. When he finally did, blue paint sprayed out all over his clothes.

I slumped down in my seat, disappointed. I had wanted to watch something go down between him and Mallory, or stir it up.  I daydreamed about the hurt on his stupid face when he found out she cheated. 

And with me

----

"Jax! Jax!

I hadn't even noticed that someone was calling me, so annoyed was I that I had come to school for nothing.

I finally spun around. Ryan turned as well, lazily giving the girl a once over before getting bored. 

"What? " I snarled.

The brunette looked taken aback. "I-I just wanted - " 

I bulged my eyes impatiently at her. 

"I was wondering if you- if like, if you could tutor me? " 

I raised my eyebrows. She was the thirteenth person to ask me that today. Fuck was everyone on. "Uh, no. " 

I turned around and continued to walk to my bike. 

"Jax! It's just - you get A's in everything! " she called desperately.

I stopped. I turned back to her. "How do you know? " I growled.

The girl looked like she was regretting this. "Um, uh. Rocco Denver told me? " she said tentatively.

"Rocco Denver told you. " I repeated slowly. I leaned down to her. "Rocco Denver is a fuckass. " 

She turned, like she was getting ready to run. "Oh, ok. " she squeaked. 

"Say it with me! " I snapped. 

Ryan laughed, taking a pull from his cigarette. "You're a crackhead. "

"Rocco Denver is a-a f-fuckass. " she whispered, leaning away. 

"Good girl. " I grinned fakely. My smile dropped and I turned back to straddle my bike. 

She scurried away back to her friends. 

"Oh my god, he was totally into you! " I heard one of them say. 

I turned back to scowl and give them the finger. 

They giggled and waved.

I huffed in disgust and started up my bike. 

So Denver is stalking me now.

Ryan climbed on behind me. "Bro, you can't get rid of them. " he chuckled, slapping my shoulder.

I shook my head. "Huh, yeah. " I said grimly. 

---

"My dude. " Hugh pulled me close and slapped me on the back, other hand popping a lollipop into his mouth. He leaned past me to greet Ryan. 

"What's up. " I made my way past him and fell onto one of our old couches. The rest of the Cobras murmured their greetings. A makeshift fire flickered in the middle of the gathering, smoke spiralling through a large hole in the roof. Ryan offered me a cigarette and I gladly took it. The Cobras continued their conversations. One guy trimmed his beard while another held up a mirror for him. Two women smoked and talked in the doorway. Another woman sat in the corner, sharpening a knife. 

Cynthia heaved herself over to me. "What's poppin, my boy? Look up, not down."

I sighed. "Denver didn't come to school today. "

She cackled. "The Rock didn't come to school today? Why's that a bad thing, honey?" 

"I wanted to see him and his girlfriend fight. " 

She cackled harder and slapped me on the back. "You are a nasty young man, you know that? "

I grinned and took a pull from my cigarette. "I know, Cynthia. "

The gang had this joke about Dickhead Denver. They called him the Rock, because I can't faze him apparently. It's all very hilarious. 

Rocco Denver belonged to the Wolverines - our rival gang. 

The Wolverines were a newer gang - formed from broken pieces of old gangs. Seven years ago, there was pretty much a gang war where the Wolfcats took nearly half of our huge territory. I didn't remember it very well - obviously I didn't take part as I was only ten. What I did remember is a Wolverine shooting my uncle in the head. I won't forget the blood - everywhere, on our kitchen walls, the carpet, the table. Uncle Don survived but suffered permanent neurological damage. Simple things like eating and washing himself were difficult now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 210K 145
Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He fights his teachers, his father, and he figh...
3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
14.8K 489 34
Book one {completed 6/9/18} "Are you mine?" "Y-yes, I'm all yours." "Yes you are." ••• Jax Xander, a seventeen year old rugby player just out of Juv...
217K 15.4K 59
[Previously feautured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io!] Frey Sanders isn't a shy guy. He is a lot of things - obnoxiously loud, over-confid...