Love After Marriage

By missk11_

The insecure on relationships, American-Indian woman, gets to be the CEO's secretary on temporary but she had... More

Prologue - First Job Interview.
Chapter 1 - Overqualified But Hired.
Chapter 2 - Replacing The Secretary.
Chapter 3 - Mesmerizing Eyes.
Chapter 4 - Handsomeness.
Chapter 5 - Becoming Friends.
Chapter 6 - Urge To Kiss.
Chapter 7 - The Feelings In Need.
Chapter 8 - In Between Confusion And Revelation.
Chapter 9 - Rejection And Tears.
Chapter 10 - The Passionate Kiss.
Chapter 11 - Insecurities.
Chapter 12 - Proposing Her.
Chapter 13 - An Agreement.
Chapter 14 - His Killer Beauty.
Chapter 15 - New Beginning.
Chapter 16 - Wedding Day 1.
Chapter 17 - Wedding Day 2.
Chapter 18 - Free Bird To Love Bird
Chapter 19 - Always Mine.
Chapter 20 - One In Millions.
Chapter 21 - Missing Him.
Chapter 22 - A Mere Mistake.
Chapter 23 - Look Of Distant.
Chapter 24 - The Family Trip.
Chapter 25 - Meeting An Old Friend.
Chapter 26 - Stealing The Heart.
Chapter 27 - Falling In Love.
Chapter 29 - Winning The Husband.
Chapter 30 - Bitter Truth.
Chapter 31 - Letting Him Go.
Chapter 32 - His Love Confession.
Chapter 33 - A Chance For Love.
Chapter 34 - The Comprehension.
Chapter 35 - Fear Of Losing Her.
Chapter 36 - Beliefs In Love.
Chapter 37 - Two Hearts Unity.
Chapter 38 - Taking Her Home.
Chapter 39 - Meant To Be.
Epilogue - The Little Family.
Bonus Chapter - Sweet Kisses.

Chapter 28 - The Little Minx.

7.1K 288 1
By missk11_

Ishita Lawrence

It's been a week since we joined the company back after the trip and I could say that my marital life is slowly taking a good turn. We were more like a happy couple in both public and personally.

"Here's your tea, dear. " Mrs Lau said as she set my mug on the desk.

I just return back to my cabin after serving my husband, or the CEO, his favourite tea and I was welcomed with Mrs Lau presence in my cabin.

"Oh, thank you so much. That's very sweet of you, Mrs Lau. " I thanked her and she shoved it away dramatically, "You don't have to thank me for this. "

I giggled and she sat on the sofa opposites my desk.

"How's the marriage life? " she asked and I smiled shyly.

"Then, it's alike a dream come true, huh? " she teased, seeing my blushes.

"So bad that your husband is very reserved on work. I really wanted you two to come over my house for a fine dinner, you know. " she complained and I felt bad to keep it a secret with her.

Of course, she doesn't know that I'm married to their boss. I'm just not ready to let everyone know because I don't want the rumours around here to be true. Even before we were married, most of the employees used to accuse in my relationship with Nathan. Then, imagine how would it be if they got to know that I'm married to none other but himself.

"I get it. I will let you know when the time comes, alright. " I convinced like usual.

"I will be expecting and I heard about your job offer from a leading architecture company, congratulations dear. " she said, smiling in enthusiasm and yes, I got this job offer in my desired field after my college recommended me as one of their best representative to the said company.

It was a foreign collaboration company and I could say that it's a dream come true for me. I will miss working here and since it's my first job that I ever taken so I definitely will. I just hope that I will get to meet Sandra by chance, because she's in labor leave right now and possibly I would have to leave right before she joined in.

When I told this news to Nathan, he was in cloud nine for me and I did also saw this slightest hurt in his face at the fact that I will be working here for a month only from now on, since I accepted the offer.

But I'm particularly spending all my days and nights around him as we were in the same roof, right. So why the worry? Though, even I will be also missing him on my workplace.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but when your in love, you would want everytime to stay around that particular person, right?

After thanking her over the greet, she excused herself away as our tea time ended and I was back to work. While on the middle of typing in some datas, my landline rang and I saw the number from his PA's code so I attended right away.

"Hello, Jen. I thought that your on leave today. " I greeted her in advance.

"Urmm...Miss, Ishita? " I heard someone else's voice, which isn't Jen at all.

"Yes, who's this? " I asked the person while thinking of how does it seem possible for anyone else to use this code number rather than Jen.

"I'm Sarah...the new PA for Mr Lawrence and...he wanted me to meet you regarding this job details. " The woman said with pauses in middle and I was really confused.

New PA? When did this even happen?

"Urmm...are you there? " I heard her saying.

"Yes, yes. I'm here. So, could you make it to the 10th floor. Walk straight to your left from the elevator and my cabin's the second door on your right. " I gave her the direction and after thanking me, she cut the call.

What happened to Jen? Is she's fine? I stood up from my chair and walked out of my cabin to go to Mrs Lau's.

Maybe she might know the reason.

I knocked on her door and she let me in right away.

"Hey, dear. What's up? Does Nathan asked for something?  " her asked coolly while leaning onto her desk.

"Nothing's that sort of, Mrs Lau. I just...wanted to know about what happened to Jen? You know, his former personal assistant. " I asked her and she gawked at me while thinking.

"Oh, that young lady. She quit a week ago and when I asked her the reason, she said that it was a personal thing. " she let me know and I nodded at the information.

"Does Nathan aware about this? " I questioned her after some time.

"Yes, he do. They both might have talked about this rumour going on about them and if I'm right, maybe that is why she quit." she informed and I was curious about the rumour she mentioned.

"Rumour going on about them? What's that? " I asked her, unknowingly feeling very bothered about this fact.

"Don't you know? Oh, right. Your not into gossips, aren't you? Everyone around here figured it out that Jen loves the CEO, she's like head over heels with him and I also heard them gossiping about once when Jen tried to make a move on Nathan. But, I didn't hear anything further so I don't know what really happened. " she said and I was feeling all kind of rage in myself.

That little minx, I grunted into my head and how dare she tried to make a move on my husband?

"Thank you, Mrs Lau. I...was just worried about her sudden turnover. " I assured her with a forced smile and walked away from her cabin.

But what really happened after she made a move? Did she...succeed?

Oh, don't cry Ishita. Don't cry. I respirate my breathing and I heard a knock on my door, knowing that I had to resume my work again.

*****

More than a month of continuous mind wrecking and I was not myself any longer. I was controlling so bad to not act up to him but it only got worsen after I met up with that little minx, Jen.

Flashback*

I was waiting for Sally on our favorite cafe as she nagged for a meet up so that we could celebrate my new job joining and I saw Jen walking in with some of her group mates, I guess.

I felt like avoiding her but accidentally our eyes met and I was forced to act cool as she has no idea about Nathan being married to me.

"Hello, miss Ishita. How your doing? " she asked with a smile and all I'm feeling right now was to wring her neck.

"I'm fine. How about you and your mother? " I asked her back, maintaining the cool facade.

"We are doing good. I really missed you and I really felt bad to leave without even saying goodbye to you. " she said, gesturing her friends to give her some time as she sits along me.

"That's okay, actually. I'm glad that your doing good. " I uttered and she smiled before looking away shyly. Her cheeks crepting up in blushes.

"How's...Nathan? " Oh, God. Please give me some patience to handle this calmly.

"He's doing good. " That's how simply I replied.

"I missed him so much" she said, bowing her head in shyness and I rolled my eyes.

"I heard that your quiting too? " she asked and I just nodded, calming down the anger that builds in me.

"So you won't be joining the company's annual dinner party? " she asked.

"I don't know yet. Maybe I would, but only if I got invited from someone there. " I replied, remembering the annual dinner coming up after a week of my turnover.

"Well, I really hope to see you there. " she said with a smile and I was confused. She was invited?

"Wait, you had already been invited? " I questioned her.

Shrugging briefly as her cheeks became red again, "Nathan wanted me there so I couldn't reject it. "

What the heck?

"Nathan invited you? " I shot the question and she nodded while mumbling, "Yes. "

My heart sunk on the thought, he wanted her there and till now he never bothered to tell me about this annual dinner?

I know that we are keeping up our profiles secretly but it doesn't mean that he could act it right away as if he's really not married.

Then, why did she even turnover her position?  Did something happened between them? Is he been two-timing us all this time? Is he in love with her? Then, why the loving act with me?

This same damn questions would flow in my head and I had even breakdown once, thinking that this might be the real him but all his loving gestures around me would scream against it and I couldn't even concentrate in my new workplace as I had been battling in between the truth and false.

Plus, my insecurities about relationships had flown up high and I was scared to know the truth.

But I couldn't back away. This is my husband, we are talking about, I just couldn't let my marriage life fall apart when I knew that I'm in love with him.

Since today is the annual dinner and even though, I had already been invited by Mrs Lau, I was expecting him to do so.

I decided to do the confirmation on my thoughts and as I saw him getting out of his room in a designer suit, I stopped him midway.

"Why don't you invite me to the annual dinner today? "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1.5K 7
It's a typical arrange marriage story dating back to 80's. 𝙎𝘼𝘼𝙉𝙑𝙄 𝘼𝘽𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘼𝙅 𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙃𝙊𝙏𝙍𝘼 She is 18 y/o girl from a village having les...
408K 12.3K 53
#2 India - out of 1.9M stories #wattys2023
136K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
294K 11.3K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...