Haikyuu! Soulmate x Reader

By _bluberries

Multiple different Soulmate scenarios with the Haikyuu cast. Requests are accepted. The only thing I own is m... More

Introduction!
Soulmate Au's Used
|01| Nishinoya Yuu |Color|
|02| Oikawa Tooru |Timer|
|03| Akaashi Keiji |First Words|
|04| Sugawara Koushi |Truth|
|05| Kuroo Tetsurou |Injury Mark|
|06| Hanamaki Takahiro |Writing|
|07| Ushijima Wakatoshi |Symbols|
|08| Bokuto Kotaro |Heterochromia|
|09| Haiba Lev |Dreams|
|10| Yamaguchi Tadashi |Red String|
|11| Tsukishima Kei |Name|
|12| Kyoutani Kentarou |First Words|
|13| Tendo Satori |Age|
|14| Shirabu Kenjiro |Color|
|15| Iwaizumi Hajime |Glow|
Vote Your Favorite! |CLOSED|
Voting Results!
|16| Akaashi Keiji |First Words II|
|17| Sugawara Koushi |Color|
|18| Oikawa Tooru |Talents|
|19| Bokuto Kotaro |Last Words|
|20| Kozume Kenma |Thoughts|
|21| Sawamura Daichi |Symbols|
|22| Oikawa Tooru |Writing|
|23| Akaashi Keiji |Injury Mark|
|25| Hanamaki Takahiro/Matsukawa Issei |Tattoo|
|26| Azumane Asahi |Name|
|27| Semi Eita |First Words|
|28| Yamaguchi Tadashi |Hanahaki|
|29| Ennoshita Chikara |Writing|
|30| Ushijima Wakatoshi |Dreams|
Part II!

|24| Sugawara Koushi |Emotions|

17.9K 440 138
By _bluberries

The one with the strongest emotion/problem is what both typically feel.

Also, Oikawa loves to show up in my stories lol. He's just such a fun character to have in stories and he's the best friend ever.

Request by All_In_Due_Time

------

Koushi rushes through the halls of the hospital, patient loaded on a gurney covered in blood and barely breathing. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair sticks to her face and large gashes cover many parts of her body. She had been ripped from her car during a crash, slamming into a tree at a speed which human bodies can't endure. So he rushes her along almost desperately, a feeling of strong dread flooding his system as he looks down at the battered body of the female.

She coughs weakly and opens her eyes, though they're dull and she most likely can't see anything at this point. Koushi leans down and looks into her face. "It's going to be okay sweetie, we're almost there." He says in a low voice. Her eyes lock on him before she groans in pain and shuts them again. She mutters something under her breath and he leans closer to hear her.

"S... Suga-wara..." His eyes widen in confusion, but it seems she's already unconscious from the pain. Koushi speeds up until they turn the corner to the emergency surgery rooms. They fly through the large doors and doctors surround her. They give him directions and he quickly gathers the supplies for them. After sterilizing himself he begins assisting the doctors with everything they may need help with.

They finally stabilize her and everyone breathes a sigh of relief. They're not quite sure what complications she may have when she wakes up, or if she'll even wake up, but at least she's alive. As the mass of doctors and nurses leave Koushi feels his mood take a sudden turn. After all of the anxiety of trying to keep the girl alive he suddenly feels... numb? He checks her papers and sees she'll be in a coma, though they're not sure when she'll wake up. He should be surprised, but instead he just feels numb. He looks at a mirror and studies himself, but he looks the same. The only thing he notices is how lifeless his eyes look. Almost like the how the girls had looked at him before she shut her's for possibly the last time.

He attempts a smile but it's missing it's usual warmth. At this point he realizes he should feel concerned, but he still can't feel much of anything. While walking through the hospital halls his usual empathy for the dying has disappeared, the urge to hand out candies for the small sick children gone. Everything is a little more dull than usual, seeming as if the color had been drained from everything around him.

As the days pass on he lacks any emotion besides the occasional feeling of slight desperation. He sits in his room with the door locked, ignoring the phone calls from his close friends and family. The only thing worse than this would have to be death. He feels as if he's in a everlasting, dreamless sleep.

He continues to monitor the condition of the girl, making sure her vitals stay stable. He's come to the conclusion that she's most likely his soulmate, but he can't be certain. When your heart rate becomes unstable he always feels that strong feeling of desperation; he's almost positive it's not coming from him.

This continues on for weeks, the lack of feeling anything slowly driving him insane. He starts to wonder how it felt to be happy, even sadness would be okay. His birthday passes, though all he can do is smile in hopes that no one notices it's so obviously fake. Holidays go by and he watches as your body becomes thinner from the lack of movement and real food. He prays that you'll wake up, everyday before he comes to the hospital and before he leaves. He tries his hardest to become happy in hopes that you'll feel it, but nothing's stronger than the suffocating numbness of the coma you're both suffering from.

Koushi sits on his bed and scrolls through his phone. Nothing seems to entertain him anymore so he seems to be doing it from habit. Suddenly he feels groggy, as if he had just woken up from a long nap. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts but the feeling won't go away. Then an underlying feeling of panic surges through him and he takes a deep breath in an attempt to call himself down. Confusion hits him next and can't seem to get his thoughts together. Realization at what's happening hits him and he shoots up from his bed and runs to his car.

He's at the hospital in less than ten minutes, a panting mess as he throws open the door to your room. You sit up in the bed surrounded by three doctors, all examining you to make sure you're fine. After being asleep for a year and a half this is most definitely required. Your (e/c) eyes land on him and you tilt your head in confusion. You squint at the male and frown.

"I know you from somewhere..." You mutter with an incredibly hoarse voice, obviously rough from the lack of use. Koushi still thinks it's the most beautiful thing he's ever heard. He stares at you with wide eyes and you stare back in a hazy confusion. The doctors continue to discuss things and their eyes fall on Koushi.

"Sugawara-san, the papers for her are on the side table. You can review them before you go home tonight." One of doctors says as he passes by. Koushi nods at him before sitting down in the chair next to your bed. You stare at him and he stares back.

"Who are you?"

"I'm... the nurse that's taking care of you. Though I'm not supposed to be here since it's not my shift right now." He says with a small laugh. You continue to stare at him and he shifts a little in his seat.

"That's why I recognize your voice?"

"I would guess so!" You continue to stare at him "No, I've seen your face..."

Koushi stares at you while you squint your eyes at him. "Sugawara... Koushi."

"Huh." He says with a blank expression. You nod your head a few times and repeat his name again. "How do you know who I am?"

"My recent memory is kinda foggy, but my memory loss doesn't go back that far. I went to Karasuno."

"Really?" Koushi asks with wide eyes. You nod at the dumbstruck male as he tries to think back to his time in Karasuno, only a few years ago. You do come to memory, but only vaguely.

"Well, I've got some information for you as well." He says while staring at you. You nod your head for him to continue and he takes a deep breath, "We're soulmates."

"I know." You say while staring at him. His eyes get even wider and he continues to stare at you. "I figured out in high school when you guys lost those tournaments that first time, I just thought you were like, totally in love with that Daichi guy."

"I would never! He's my best friend!" He says in mock offense. You laugh loudly and he feels something he hasn't felt in a long time, happiness.

"In all honesty I was just scared I was wrong and you wouldn't want me anyway. I was going through a lot of things and depression was one of them, so I wasn't to confident in myself. Then, before I knew it you graduated and my chance was gone."

"Wow." He says while staring at you. Suddenly the door flies open and a brunette scurries into the room.

"(F/n)-chan!" Oikawa yells and flies across the room to hug you. You yell something and smack him over the top of the head. He rubs his head with a whine. "Do you have any problems?"

"Yeah, a bit of memory loss, why?"

"You still remember that we're dating right?!" He says before planting a kiss on your cheek. Koushi freezes and you frown at the brunette. "This isn't the movies Trashikawa, you're not gonna get me with that one. Go home to Hajime." You say while swatting the male away.

His chocolate orbs land on Koushi and they widen. "Mr. Refreshing? What are you doing here?"

"He's my nurse, we also went to the same highschool. He's also my soulmate. Sugawara-san, I wen't to college with this idiot."

"Wait, he's your soulmate?!"

"Yeah, now get out." You say before pushing him off of your bed. He gets up with a pout before blowing you a kiss and exiting the room. Koushi slumps down in his chair with a sigh, "I was hoping I'd never have to see that monster of a human being ever again..."

You laugh at him before silence fills the space. "Hey," Koushi says hesitantly, "What should we do now?"

"Well, you could take me on a date in the hospital cafeteria." You say with a laugh. Koushi laughs with you before his face becomes serious again. "But seriously, what should we actually do?"

"First I need to focus on healing, I'm pretty uncoordinated and I heard something about physical therapy to fix that. We can figure it out along the way, right? It's not like I'm not gonna see you, you're my nurse after all!"

"You're right about that..."

------

The next few months are some of the most testing times of your life. Sometimes you felt like giving up, but Koushi would never let you. He helped you through all of your hardships until you were finally allowed to leave the hospital for the day. The two of you walk out, hand in hand, to a lunch restaurant. You take your seat and Koushi sighs happily.

"I can finally take you on a date!" He says with a large smile. You grab his hand from across the table and kiss the top of it. "I never needed you to take me on a date, I'll love you regardless."

His face flushes and he starts to stutter. You laugh quietly as you watch the young man struggle. With the amount of happiness and love swirling around the two of you it was almost easy to forgot all of the pain you went through together. Suddenly Koushi realizes, just as he had almost forgotten the feeling of happiness altogether, he couldn't even remember not feeling this happy. So with a smile he decides to put his painful past behind him, in hopes of moving on together with you.

------

HaHeHuHeHoooooooooooooo

The next chapter is going to be with Hanamaki and Matsukawa, but it's not just the two of them! You're in there as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 49.3K 83
❦ ➜ ❝𝐖𝐇𝐎'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓? ❞ ❝𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐎'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑!❞ ➜ ❝𝐖𝐨𝐚𝐡, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲..❞ ❝𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡...
92.1K 2.8K 34
COMPLETED a tiktok famous dumb gurl🙀🙀🤪🤪aka you and an entire volleyball league (no idea) what could possibly go wrong?? I PROMISE WE'RE GETTING T...
130K 2.9K 20
Just a bunch of one-shots for you fan out there~ I take requests but I don't know how much time it'll take to upload them ^^ Don't hesitate to ask m...
63.3K 2K 18
Ukai forces hinata and tsukishima to get along after so many months of tension and arguments. They are forced to hang out every Saturday, which event...