Connections | ✔️

Per CxTannir

[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl... Més

Authors Note & Cast Aesthetic
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Epilogue
THANKYOU
* HELP! *
SEQUEL

Five

56.1K 1.5K 213
Per CxTannir

Valerie P.O.V.

I spent the rest of Sunday catching up on class material and getting a head start on assignments. I had no clue what I truly wanted to do in life, even at the tender age of 21 going on 22 in a couple of months. Call it a quarter-life crisis if you will. So, I undecidedly majored in business and hoped that if all else fails, I could always join the Delwood family business and wear pantsuits all day. They could be pretty hot I guess, if you made them hot....

~

"Hey Val, tomorrow is your day off, right? You don't have class or a shift?" Ell questioned, as she came into my room in her pyjamas.

She had on a silky champagne button up two-piece tank and short shorts. Cute. I, on the other hand tended to rock the homeless-chic look in old oversized ratty tees and just a pair of panties. I made a mental note to go shopping for some prettier PJs as a treat after finals.

"Yep, Thursday's are generally my free days. I got heaps of work done Sunday as well, so I should be free to laze on the beach reading all day." I responded incredibly pleased with myself.

"Well, if you could ever find the time to take a small break out of your busy schedule that day, and visit lonely old me on set, that would be nice," she said casually looking down at her fingernails.

"Omg what! Really? I'd love to!" I dropped my jaw in shock. "Yayyyy there's finally a time where I can actually make it to see you work on The Chase!" I squealed.

"I know right, you have too much going on all the time."

"Ugh It'll be over soon! I've just got finals, summer break and then fall semester," I groaned.

"Aw, basically only a couple more months to go though," Ell encouraged.

"So... lonely you say? I highly doubt that with Kean Sterling hot on your tails?" I switched topics, raising my eyebrows suggestively and giving her a big wink.

Ell promptly picked up a pillow and threw it at me, while trying her best not to break out into a smile as I giggled furiously at her expense.

~

The next morning, we left our apartment around 10am to head down to the studio together.

"Okay so help yourself to the crafties table and the bathroom is over there. Don't be disruptive and make sure you don't film anything that would leak out the scenes, and no one will have a problem with you being here," Ell explained as we walked into the studio and she gave me a quick tour of the set. "This is my personal little dressing room for when I come to shoot, so make yourself at home!"

"Ooooh, there's even a sofa for napping!" I looked around appreciatively.

"Yeah, it's pretty decent. You should see the trailers though for the main series regulars. They're big and they have like a bathroom and kitchenette in them with an even bigger lounge space."

"Been into Kean's trailer have ya?" I jested.

"Valllll," she whined, "give a girl a break would you!"

"You didn't deny it!" I yelled, laughing at her blushing face.

"Okay it was only one time! I had to go give him a package and we chatted for a few minutes inside his trailer before he got called to set alright," she huffed in return.

"Whatever you say Ell," I nodded in agreement with a cheeky smile. It was funny seeing someone so composed all the time become flustered over a guy.

She gave me one last playful glare before announcing that she had to go meet the writers to run over some script and scene changes, before doing hair and makeup in an hour- so I could go explore until then if I wanted.

I made my way over to some of the sets not currently in use and marvelled at all the furniture and décor- a lot of it was real which was surprising, I thought it would mostly be some sort of 3D print backdrop. Opening what looked like a wardrobe door, it lead me straight into another room on the set. This place was like a maze.

Suddenly, the stage lighting shut off and I was swathed in darkness. I squeaked in surprise as I raced back in the direction I came from and thrust open the door swiftly, accidentally tripping over a line of electrical cords. Bracing myself for my imminent fall onto the hard ground, I was pleasantly surprised that I had remained vertical, but nevertheless hit something resembling a rock wall. That's when I realised the strong warm arms that had caught me and steadied my hips.

"O- Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, s-sorry, I..." I stuttered profusely as I glanced up at who I almost bowled over. I was met with the sight of familiar golden green eyes peering down at me through a few strands of hair that had fallen messily over the tops of his lids.

"Falling all over me already, huh Valerie?" he chuckled as his lips curved into a lopsided smile.

"Carter..." I murmured in surprise. "Hi," I cleared my throat, taking a step back from our close proximity and away from his lingering touch.

"Do you frequently run around film sets knocking over strangers?" he teased.

"Just on my off days," I gave him a non-committal shrug, feigning complete calmness though on the inside I was anything but. Maybe I should become an actor too?

He let out a small endearing laugh at my answer. Ugh. He was so cute.

"So, what are you doing here?" I bravely asked, curious as to why we were coincidentally in the same place at the same time.

"Just visiting my buddy Kean, and I thought I'd also check out some of the sets for shoot inspiration and ideas. You're here for your friend Ellana?"

"Yeah, it's pretty exciting to see all the behind the scenes." I quickly nodded.

"What about you hey? What do you do on your 'on' days?" Carter playfully enquired as we started walking out of the film set and back to the lounge areas. I involuntarily let out a small, high-pitched giggle at his smart play of my words. Ugh Val! A giggle? I invisibly smacked myself on the forehead. It's like the presence of one cute boy has made me into a total airhead.

I cleared my throat and resumed the conversation at a more reasonable tone of voice. "Well I'm a senior business major at UCLA and I also work part-time at a coffee shop."

He turned around towards me with a slightly shocked look on his face as his eyebrows creased and gave me a scrutinising once-over.

"Do I not seem like the type or...?" I stopped in my tracks and narrowed my eyes at him. Even without saying it, he was totally judging me based on something superficial.

"No! I mean yes you are. It's just that basically all pretty girls around L.A are some sort of model or influencer. So, I kind of assumed last Saturday when you were hanging around Sommer and those girls... and I mean, you're not just pretty, you're really beautiful." He said softly.

He thought I was pretty? Beautiful? Cue the wedding bells and flying turtledoves!

Wait a minute. I am not going to fall for that. Just because he called me pretty to cover up his earlier implication that I had no brains or work ethic, doesn't make it acceptable, I frowned.

"Fuck, what I meant to say was, that it's really impressive. It must be tough having to balance class, study and work. Sorry," he added sheepishly with a slight grimace.

Well wasn't I judging him Saturday night too? You could feel that he exuded confidence and was way too suave to be a genuine everyday person. He's the type of guy I should stay away from, just judging by the way he looked and carried himself. I guess to not be a total hypocrite, I had to find out more before I completely crossed him out. There was something about him I felt deep down, that he was worth exploring (or at least for a little fun) I told myself.

I let out a nervous chuckle and my mind had no idea what to say to his entire rambling episode, so I just let the earlier comments slide. "Yeah, it does swallow up a lot of my time but I'll be finished at the end of the year so hopefully it'll be worth it."

"I'm sure it will be," he smiled genuinely.

I smiled in return as we strolled side by side.

"So, you go to college and you work at a coffee shop, but you also frequent film sets and Hollywood parties..." he tilted his head to the side with a mixture of curiosity and intrigue adorning his face.

I chuckled, shrugging lightly. "Super normal..."

"I have a feeling that you're far from anything normal," he shot me a lopsided grin.

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrows teasingly. "What are you trying to imply now Carter? Tread carefully."

"You're a new, strange species of alien from planet Mars coming to invade our planet, obviously." He said in all seriousness. "I might have to report you and bring you in to Area 51."

"What?" I burst into laughter at the randomness. "Are you sure you're not the strange one?"

"Well I guess you'll have to find out," he winked. I shook my head in amusement.

We fell naturally into conversation and the ease at which he made me laugh was so organic, I almost completely forgot that I had been trying to block him out of my mind for the past few days. Dammit.

We were then interrupted by the sound of my ringtone as Ellana's name flashed across my phone screen and I excused myself to take the call.

"Everything okay?" he looked up from typing on his phone.

"Yeah it was Ellana, I've got to get back to her now," I responded, shifting on my feet as I was not sure what I should do next. I wasn't supposed to be conversing with the handsome devil in the first place. Do I wave? Shake his hand? Give him an awkward pat hug? A see you later, alligator???

"I can walk you back."

"No, no it's fine really!" I blurted out. I needed to stop whatever this was, now. Tempting though. We stan a gentleman.

"Alright. It was great chatting with you. May I please have your number before you go?" he asked, shooting me a sexy grin.

Here lies Valerie Eve Delwood.

Death by sexiness overload.

This was a bad idea. Really bad. I couldn't have this kind of major distraction mere weeks away from finals. He totally overwhelms me in the best kind of way possible. I had never felt so frazzled meeting anyone before, Carter was bound to drive me crazy and drive me to do reprehensible things. Just like before.

Looking at the phone in his outstretched hand, I grabbed it and made a quick decision to punch in a number. As I returned his phone, he grasped onto my hand and gently tugged me to his side.

"Thanks for staying this time," he whispered against my ear.

With a final wink he let me go, sending a shiver down my spine as I turned around and essentially speed-walked out of there.

Oh god. Let's see how this turns out.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.1M 85.9K 62
{18+ COMPLETED • COLLEGE ROMANCE} When a college freshman with a learning disability and a reputation collides with a straight-A, straight-laced girl...
73.8K 2.6K 45
COMPLETE ⚠️ This is a fictional story. ⚠️ All characters are fictional, their opinions and actions are in no way real, or related to the real world...
6.7M 130K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
1.2M 48.3K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...