I Hate You (girlxgirl)

By chickensarerad

This is a girlxgirl story. June Parker absolutely hated Adrienne Andrews. She's hated her ever since Adrienn... More

Cast List
1. Oops
2. My House, My Rules
3. 43 More Seconds
4. Bonk
5. Dreams
6. Good Morning!
7. Let's Go!
8. Starbucks 2.0
9. Riley
10. Oh
11. Thai Food
12. Such a Friend
13. The Parkers
14. First
15. Banter
16. Bathroom
17. Liar, Liar
18. Speed Along
19. Bedroom Chats
20. Club Drama
21. Ex Best-Friend
22. Grossly Cute
23. Closer
24. Goodbye, Princess
25. Truth
26. Please Call...
27. Forget Her
28. Cheers
29. Ouch
31. Friendship
32. Peace Offering
33. Insistent
34. Baby Steps
35. Question Me
36. Idiot
37. Okay
38. Count On Me
39. I Love You
BONUS - Moving In
BONUS TWO - Dear Diary ...
BONUS SPIN OFF - Melanie/Addison
(NOT A Chapter - New SpinOff - Oh, My, Addison)

30. Dead Roses

71.2K 2.3K 1.4K
By chickensarerad

June's POV

-

I blinked in disbelief as I registered what my best friend was saying to me at my locker. I stared at the dark-haired girl standing before me, who was carrying a small green box under her arm and shouldering her red backpack on the other.

Addison was wearing an oversized grey sweater, black leggings, and knee-high Nike socks accompanied with similar sports slides. She had her hair down, put a black sports cap hid her face.

You could definitely say that she dressed in stylish comfort today, minus the fact that I watched her casually open up the green box and produce a popsicle out of it. She nonchalantly unwrapped the plastic before stuffing it back into the box, then started to suck on the popsicle in the middle of the high school hallway.

My mouth hung open in embarrassment for her and for me, especially with the fact that I was associating myself with this girl at the moment.

It wasn't even over the fact that she was carrying a popsicle box in the middle of school. It was moreover what she told me before I was about to open my locker.

"Yup, so, you haven't said anything in two minutes," she mumbled in between popsicle licks as she wiggled her eyebrows, "want one? It's honeydew melon flavored, they're bomb."

I shook my head at my friend, "No, I do not want a popsicle," I breathed in a little bit, "But, what the hell did you mean by 'I'm dating Melanie Canon?'" My head was spinning at this new information. It was definitely not possible for such a nice girl like Addy, to date such a notorious slut like Melanie.

I knew they were talking, but I thought Melanie was disinterested in Addison. I didn't know they had a potential to date each other! Plus, if I find out that Melanie is just using Addison...

"I meant that...I'm dating Melanie Canon. She asked me to be her girlfriend last night." She unattractively slobbered over the popsicle, causing me to cringe as I continued to stare at her.

"Yes, I understood that part, but why?"

She bit off a chunk of her popsicle and shrugged, "I really like her..." she mumbled as she finished up her first one and proceeded to grab another one from the box. "You sure you don't want one? We actually got them last night from some Oriental Market downtown."

I tried keeping myself from swatting the popsicle out of her mouth as I shook my head again, "Addison, you know what Melanie's reputation is..."

She cocked a dark eyebrow, "I know, she's proven otherwise. If it makes you feel better, we haven't had sex." My eyes widened in surprise at this new slice of information. It's been a couple weeks since I almost killed Adrienne with a volleyball and was forced to clean the gym with her. Therefore if I was thinking about it right, it's been at least two months since Melanie and Addison have been "talking." The fact that they weren't having sex was actually a downright miracle.

"What? You two haven't had sex?" I blurted out as Addison nodded slowly as she popped the iced treat out of her mouth with an annoying sound.

"Yup. That's what I'm trying to tell you, she actually promised me that she wouldn't try anything for a while," she hesitated, "I thought it was because she wasn't attracted to me, but it turns out, we both mutually really like each other and don't want to mess it up. She's acknowledged what she's done in the past, and now she wants to make me her present." She blushed at the wording of her last words as her brown eyes looked up at me.

How could that be possible? How could someone - notorious for using people be unconditionally for someone without any malintent? I frowned at my thought, a small inkling of jealousy developing around me as I wished I was in Addy's position, except instead of Melanie - Adrienne for that matter.

I blinked, not believing I actually had that thought. Adrienne has been bugging me for weeks after our little talk at the gym, and ever since then, she's been trying to win me over. It was a little annoying though, considering I was kinda talking to Riley and the blonde had an idea that I was still a little into Adrienne.

Okay, maybe more than a little, but I couldn't get myself to admit that. She really hurt me, and if I was to go crawling back to her, I knew she'd do it again. And even if she was able to prove to me that I was worth something to her, could I really ditch Riley like that?

Over the past few weeks, Riley and I have constantly been hanging out and going on small "dates." I didn't know whether or not to call them dates just because it was just us going out for lunch or dinner, or wandering around the beachfront, or even going shopping. It was more of us acting like we were best friends...that occasionally made out a little here and there.

And yes, all we did was make-out. She admitted to me that I was one of her first encounters with a girl, besides her friend Brooke, who she only made out with because my friends were stalking her. (Still didn't fully understand that Brooke situation, but I never pushed it out of her.) Yet, even though I was one of the only girls she did stuff with, she was always the one to try to push things further. I'd always comply and go along with it for a few minutes, but every time she crossed the line, Adrienne's face would annoyingly shroud my mind and I'd have to push her off and say I needed time.

I just didn't know when that time would end.

Would Adrienne's face haunt my love life forever?

I shook my head at the thought before I felt a cold pressure being pressed to my lips abruptly. I coughed, my eyes widened as I realized that Addison shoved her half-eaten melon pop into mine right when Melanie came up behind the girl. Beforehand, she put the green box into my arms and started to whistle innocently as I removed the gross, flavorful popsicle from my mouth. I held onto it as I watched Melanie kiss Addison on the cheek sloppily, before pushing a strand of hair out of my best friend's face.

"Hey, beautiful," she murmured before turning to me, "Hey, June." Her body tensed at her greeting towards me, probably thinking that I was about to chew her head off for dating my best friend.

Which, she was absolutely right.

"Okay, so listen here Melanie-" I started to say but Addison gave me a pleading look. I groaned to myself, toning back my speech a little as I continued, "If you hurt my best friend, I will personally be the one to stick a machete into your spine."

I watched the brunette's eyebrow raise at my threat, but I knew it worked as I watched her throat gulp in a slight movement, "I'm not going to hurt her, June."

I rolled my eyes, "Better not, heard it's hard to take a machete out of your back."

Ignoring my threat, Melanie's eyes narrowed in on the melting popsicle that was grossly attached to my hand. As if I just realized it, I dropped it into the empty green box she handed me. Wait a minute? Wasn't this box full before our conversation started? How fucking long were we standing at my locker for?

"Uh, Ad...Aren't those the popsicles we bought last night?" Melanie questioned as the Asian's eyes were wide at the sudden interrogation. I grinned, noticing the small streaks of melon juice on her mouth from her messy eating a few minutes ago.

She licked her lips, "Nope. I mean yeah, June must've gotten the same box and brought some to school. Right, June?"

I squinted, "No? These are yours?"

"Ugh, fuck," Addison mumbled as she turned to her new girlfriend, "Fine, I brought them to school because they were so good and happened to eat all of them. Sorry, Mel..." I almost vomited as I witnessed the puppy dog eyes Addison was using against Melanie as the brunette sighed in defeat.

"Didn't save any for me?" The taller girl said as Addy frowned.

"I was going to...but they were so good," she pursed her lips and Melanie took the liberty to bend her head over to flick her tongue against my best friend's mouth to capture the melon residue.

I visibly gagged as I slapped Addison on the shoulder, "Oh my fuck, I'll meet you guys at lunch. Just get out, I don't want to see that!"

Addison's face lit up like a stop light while Melanie pulled apart and intertwined her hand with the shorter girl's, "Sorry, June, but fine, see you in a few hours." Before I could protest, my friend pulled her girlfriend away, causing me to be left alone in a half-deserted hallway with an empty box of popsicles.

Walking over to a nearby trash can, I deposited the box into it as I walked gingerly back to my locker. I glanced at my phone, seeing that I only had five minutes before the first bell rang, so I quickly entered in my combination.

However, upon opening my locker, I frowned. I raised an eyebrow in question at the bundle of roses that were neatly displayed into my locker. I reached in, grabbing the white note that was attached to the thorny stems as I read it softly aloud, "I was never able to take you on a proper date...Adrienne."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the bouquet, careful not to prick myself as I slammed my locker shut. I walked back over to the trash can, throwing the stupid roses in as I thought about how stupid and pathetic Adrienne was.

"Really? Were they that bad?" I looked up, seeing the dark-haired demon that haunted my daily life, "I knew I should've gotten the orchid."

"They're not bad, I just don't like who gave them to me," I said bitterly as I watched the inside of her cheek move in thought.

I couldn't help but stare at Adrienne, she actually looked good despite looking so casual today. She was wearing a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans and a t-shirt that had several purposefully rips down the side, showing off a lacy, black bra and her toned abs that hid under the fabric. Her hair was up in its usual tight ponytail that complimented her notorious smirk that I constantly saw in my dreams nowadays. I gulped, looking down at the pile of roses that laid on top of the trash.

"Adrienne, I don't want your flowers. Could you just leave me alone?" I bit my lip as I looked around, wondering if people were seeing this encounter and gossiping about it.

"Could you oblige me a date?" she retorted as she took a step towards me, my breath almost getting caught in my throat as I watched the muscles of her abdomen contort at the small movement.

Feigning irritation, I rolled my eyes, "No, now I have to go to class." I started to walk past her, expecting her to stop me in the hallway or try to push me up against a wall to kiss me. However, instead of doing any of those things, I simply felt the tips of her fingers desperately touch the palm of my hand as I walked by. The simple touch sent my nerves on overboard as I hastily pulled my hand to my side.

Adrienne looked down at her hand, as if she felt the same wave of foreignness invade her own body, her voice sounding genuine as she said, "Okay, have a nice day then, princess."

Trying so hard to not melt at my nickname escaping her lips, I continued to walk the hallway and towards my class. Once I reached the end of the hallway, I tried to nonchalantly look over my shoulder to see if she was still there, but unfortunately, Adrienne was nowhere to be found.

What was she up to? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 82.9K 44
After a particularly terrible experience with her adoptive father and a few drinks, Rebecca Harrison finds her much-needed escape from reality in her...
127K 5K 39
[Completed] DRAFT: Going through editing Mia Wilks is heading into senior year with a sigh of relief. She's hiding, blending in, trying to get done a...
1.2M 32.9K 48
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...
446K 8.9K 27
๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐จ๐ง - ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐๐ซ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐ซ...