Dating Days and Campfires

נכתב על ידי _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... עוד

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Scared.

50K 1.3K 378
נכתב על ידי _justanotherwriter_

Dedicated to baracknotobama for being SUCH an amazing fan and reader! Love you!  

Recap: Cass gets drunk on a girls night out, winds up in jail with Alex and Taylor so Aunt Kathy sends them all home for a couple days, about a week, and Cass has just arrived at Kate's house. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

"He-OH MY GOSH CASS!" 

I'm quickly engulfed in a bonecrushing hug by none other than Kate herself. 

"Hi, Kate," I mange to gasp out, gently patting her on the back. "I can't breathe..." 

"Oh, sorry about that!" She winces, peeling herself from me. "Come in!" She grabs my bag and drags me into the house. "Wait. Why are you home?" 

With a sigh, I sit down on the couch. "It's a lonnngggg story." 

"I have all the time in the world, dear." She scretches out in front of me, all her attention on me. 

With a large breath, I begin to tell her everything she missed since we last talked. 

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Oh, let it out, let it out," Kate rubs my back as I sob into her shoulder, my body shaking. 

Yes, I was crying for the hundredth time. 

Don't judge me! 

"But you gotta admit, you ending up in jail is pret-" 

With one sharp glare from me, she quickly shut up. 

"So where's Alex?" 

I slowly sit up, my sobs now reduced to hiccups. "I don't know, maybe at home?" 

"Listen to me, Cass. There's many options and explanations for Alex's behavior. He could possibly love you. Maybe he's just not brave enough to say it yet. It is a rather big deal, expessically since you're probably his first serious girlfriend. Have you ever given him the chance to explain himself?" Kate cocks her head at me. 

My silence is enough for her to understand. She sighs, shoulder's slumping. "Honey, even if he doesn't... you know... then he doesn't deserve you or your love. Some relationships are meant to last forever, others only temporary. But you have to promise me something. When you head back to camp, talk to him at least. Find closure. I'm asking you to do this at camp so you can't run away. Promise?" She holds up her pinky. 

I stare at her, only seeing compassion and understanding in her eyes. I finally sigh, giving in. "Alright, alright. I'll find closure and shit. Happy?" 

"Very," she grins and I can't help but laugh. 

Good ole' Kate. 

"Now tell me all about what I've missed!" I say, wiping my face. 

"Okay, well Ben is the same. But Marcus on the other," she wiggles her eyebrows. "He's dating someone." 

"Oh! Who?" 

"She's from a town over I think. Her name is Gwen." 

Gwen... Gwen... Why does that name sound so familiar?

"OH MY JESUS SHE'S TREVOR'S GWEN!" I shout, the memory suddenly slamming into me. "Are you sure she's really his girlfriend?" I stand up, looking down at Kate. 

"Uh... yes?" Her eyebrows are drawn together, confused. 

"Remember? Trevor's fake girlfriend?" I wait for her to catch on. 

Her eyes suddenly light up. "That's why her name sounded so familiar!" 

"Kate, you're a freaking idiot." 

"Hey! I'm not an idiot, I'm just forgettful." 

"Nope, you're just an idiot." I laugh, ruffling her hair. 

"Come on, we have to go say to Marcus and Ben," she quickly gets out her phone, typing something, before finally looking up. "Okay, Marc says we can come over. Let's go!" She grabs my hand, pulling me out the door. 

We take Kate's parent's car and reach his house soon. We knock on his door, waiting for a moment before the door swings open to reveal Alex. 

"He-oh." 

Gulping, I look at Kate. "Uh, I'm not feeling to well, Kate. I'm just gonna head home." (Gif on the right or above) She looks like a deer in headlights as she just stares at Alex and me. 

Marcus suddenly appears in the doorway, and he jumps on top of me. 

Literally. 

I fall to the grass, him on top as he gives me a embrace that is even worse than Kate's. "My Cassy poo! You're back! I've missed you so much!" 

"Hmfgph," I mutter back into his chest, yet I'm smiling. I forgot how nice it was to have my idiots back. 

"Oh! Sorry!" He laughs, getting up and helping me. "Come on in! Ben and Jeremy are here too." 

"Uh, I was actually just gonna go..." I point to the car, and Marcus' face falls. 

"But why? You need to stay!" He pouts, already dragging me inside. 

"I-I just," I glance at Alex who's staring at the ground. "I'm not feeling to good." 

"Nonsense!" Marcus exclaims. "We're hanging out." 

"Great..." I weakly mumble. Inside, I greet Ben and Jeremy and we all flop on the couches. 

"So, what have we missed?" Alex turns to them. 

"Our little Marcus here as got a girl," Ben wraps his arm around his neck, rubbing his fist into his head. 

"Hey!" Marcus pulls himself away, slightly blushing. 

"Uh, yeah, about that, Marcus... Her name is Gwen? Is her last name Gwen Taylor by any chance?" 

"Gwen Taylor? She's the one that was fake dating Trevor!" Alex exclaims, eyes wide. 

Marcus looks at us confused. 

"She was my ex's fake ex-girlfriend....?" I try to explain, hoping he'll remember. 

"Okay... and?" 

"And she's horrible! She fake dates people for money!" I exclaim expredately, throwing my hands up in the air. 

"She's wonderful, if you got to know her!" Marcus replies back angrily, slouching into his seat. "If you guys don't know her like I do, you can't judge. Okay?" 

Alex and I both blink, surprised at his outburst. "Okay, okay. We're sorry, man." Alex sighs. 

"So what's up with you two?" Ben says, frowning at Alex and I. 

"Um, what do you mean?" I awkwardly chuckle, scratching the back of my neck. 

"What I mean is you guys aren't sitting next to each other," Ben rolls his eyes. It was true-Alex and I were sitting on opposite sides of the room. 

"And?" I raise an eyebrow. 

"Before you guys left, you were inseparable. And disgusting," Ben scrunches up his nose. "And now you're not even sitting next to each other? What did we miss?" 

"Oh, nothing worth discussing," Alex scoffs, shrugging. I nod my head furiously, agreeing. 

"Okay then..." Jeremy says slowly. Awkward silence ensues, as I'm sure they're all thinking what could possibly be wrong with Alex and I. 

"Let's play a game!" Kate suddenly bursts. "How about hide-and-seek?" 

"We're 18, Ka-" Ben began, but Marcus cut him off. "OH MY GOD, YASSSSSS. WE'RE PLAYING IT." 

"Okay, then," Ben grins, laughing at Marcus' eagerness. 

"Alex and I will count, everyone else go hide," Marcus orders, shooing us off. The two boys go outside while the rest of us get up and run. I sprint up the stairs, ducking into closet and curling into the corner, using the various boxes to block my body. Soon, I hear footsteps on the steps and Marcus' whispering. 

"-Cass! Tell me, dude!" He says. 

Why were they talking about me?

"Jesus, fine!" Alex harshly whispers back. "She told me she loves me, alright?! And what if she's up here right now, hearing all of this?" 

Screw you, Alex Waters.

"I saw her head to the basement before we left, don't worry. Okay, so she told you she loves, what's so bad about that?" Marcus persists. 

Why was Marcus lying about where I was? 

Heart thumping, I press myself closer to wall to hear better. 

"I-I never said it back." 

I hear a smacking noise, and then Alex whisper-yells, "Ow, man! What was that for?" 

"For being a freaking idiot! You love her, you know you do!" 

"You-you don't understand, Marcus." 

"What don't I understand?!" 

"It's gonna screw everything up!" 

"Everything is already screwed up!" 

"The last time I told a girl I loved her, she confessed that she cheated on me," Alex suddenly blurts. 

WHAT IN THE FUDGIN' WORLD?!

"Before I moved," Alex begins explaining. "And before I went on the blind date with Cass, I had a girlfriend. Her name was Kenna. And after a while, I told her I loved her. And you know what she tells me? 'I slept with Trevor.'" 

"Trevor as in..." 

"Yea, Cass's ex-boyfriend Trevor," Alex mumbles. 

"So you're not saying anything to Cass because..." 

"I'm fucking scared, man. I'm so scared." 

_________________________________________________________________________________

WOAHHH PLOT TWIST 

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS LATE AND SHORT 

ILY YOU ALL <3

*not edited*

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

50.5K 2.6K 28
**Sequel to The New Kid** Elliot and Colton are still very much in love after nearly two years of being together. But it's time for Colton to go to c...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...
2.2M 63.5K 56
"Cassie," Aaron says. "I have detention. For two hours." My mouth drops open. "Fuck me," I groan. "Sorry," he smirks. "But you're not my type." ...
20K 1.5K 49
"Remember when we were voted cutest couple at the end of senior year? A lot has changed since then. Tell me- why did you come back?" Alex and Carrie...