Unforgettable Bonds [69 DAYS...

By akashi_ryuuki

"Do you believe in reincarnations?" ".... I do now." She's not her. But somehow, there's that magnetic force... More

Prologue
Somehow I do know you
New Life
Wife!?
His Special One
Goodbye
Overwork.
Not a replacement
Scarves
A rival
Out of Town
Sayounara Valentines
Do you not remember?
Valentines
Wedding in Ward.
The End
SPECIAL CHAPTER!
EPILOGUE

Bad Sign

2.4K 137 20
By akashi_ryuuki

After who-knows-how-many-years, finally, the 5th chapter.

Chapter 5- Bad sign.

    “I have to go back to Tokyo,” I told Akashi one fine morning. He looked up at me from his papers. “My mum, she’s sick.”

    He nodded and turned back to the papers. “We’ll go straight away tonight.”

    I frowned. “We?”

    He looked back at me. “Yes, why?”

    “Why? I mean—why ‘we’? It’s me who’s going.”

    He shook his head. “I’m going too, with Yukina, of course.”

    “Um, what about work?”

    “Why does internet exist in the first place?”

    I turned away and pouted. “Fine. But my house ain’t like yours. Don’t grumble about space.”

    “I won’t.”

    I walked out of his office and went to fetch a drink. Then saw Akito on his seat. He was concentrating. I went to him. He looked up at me.

    “What do you want?” he asked nonchalantly.

    “I’m sorry.” I apologized.

    He looked annoyed. “For what?”

    I shrugged. “I don’t know. You seemed pissed off at me that day. I thought I did wrong.”

    He sighed and went back to his work. “You did nothing.”

    I smiled. “Let’s go to Tokyo with me.”

    He stopped then continued. “No thank you. My work is undone.”

    I pouted. “Fine.”

*  *  *  *

Tokyo is crazy. I sighed at almost everything. The train station is crowded and noisy. Yukina didn’t visit Tokyo for a long time so she found it annoying. Akashi stayed calm as he always does and we took a cab to my hometown.

    Arriving there, my father greeted me, smiling sweetly and accepted Akashi and Yukina willingly. I was delighted to see him, as well as mum. Dad led me into mum’s room, she was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, her breathing irregular, her face pale, she looked thinner and her eyes are swollen.

    I went to her and held her hand tightly. “Mum,” I spoke. She gently squeezed my hand back, acknowledging my presence. I frowned at the sight of her. She’s so frail, so fragile, I didn’t dare to touch any other parts of her body. She was suffering from a cancer. Dad won’t tell me what cancer it is but of course, it looks serious as hell.

    “Kizu....na....” she muttered my name painfully. I bit my lower lip and rested my forehead on his weak hand.

    “I love you, mum.”

*  *  *  *

Morning came and of course, it’s cold. It has been a month since my encounter with Akashi and Yukina. I walked a few meters down the road to a nearby river where I usually swim there when I was a kid. Obviously, my hometown ain’t anything like Akashi’s. Mine is just wooden and plainly painted with suitable colors.

    I sat at the edge and dropped my legs into the river, enjoying the cool liquid touching my legs. After a while, it wasn’t that cold so I decided to jump in. The water splashed at my face as I entered. Confident in my rusty swimming skills, I dived into the water, smiling as I opened my eyes. The river is still clean, thankfully.

    “Nee-chaaaa~n!!” Yukina’s cheerful voice was heard and I surfaced.

    She was running towards me and stopped right at the edge. I went to her. “Yes, sweetheart?” I smiled.

    She giggled. “Uncle says I can swim here because it’s clean!”

    Akashi appeared right then. “You can swim.” He stated, indicating to me.

    “It’s my life, for your information.” I grinned. He looked sad for a moment then the hint of sorrow quickly disappeared from his eyes as he knelt down, touching the water with his fingers. I watched him silently.

    “Kina doesn’t know how to swim.”

    “Oh....” I dropped my head and looked away, avoiding his eyes. He must be real sad. I shouldn’t have gone in—no, they shouldn’t have come in the first place. Kina and I are so different I don’t think I can help him.

    The water splashed loudly as Yukina entered. I turned my head. “Yukina, you didn’t even bring a swimsuit!” I said.

    She shook her head. “Never mind. Nii-san told me to bring extra clothes so I’ll be fine swimming in this.” She smiled.

    I nodded and dived in again and stayed. Love. How can you be so strong yet so painful? I surfaced to breathe in oxygen. I turned my head to find him and saw him still on the same spot, that calm expression spread on his face as he watched the water moved when his fingers came in contact.

    “Akashi,” I spoke and he looked up. I held out my hand. “Take my hand.”

    He frowned and did what I told him. His hand was cold but at the same time, it’s warm. For a moment, I just wanted to run away. But then, I told mysef; I have to be strong. I have to help him.

    So, with that, I pulled his hand as hard as I could and he fell into the water. Yukina giggled as she watched what I did. Akashi surfaced and looked at me with an unintelligible expression. I held back my laugh. He reached out his hand and pinched my cheek so hard it hurts.

    “Ow! Ow! Showwy! I’m sho showwy! Wret me go!” I said with difficulties. He chuckled and let me go. I pouted and rubbed my cheek.

    “Sorry.” I grinned at him.

    He turned away. “No sorry for you.”

    I puffed my cheek and went to him, pulling his shoulder so that he’d be facing me. “Come on, don’t be mad! It’s fun in the water isn’t it?”

    He won’t budge.

    “Akashi, please don’t make me feel guilty!” I begged.

    No answer.

    “Akashi.”

    No reply.

    “Hey,”

    Still no.

    I gave up and turned away but then he grabbed my hand and his face went really, really close. “Do that again and I’ll tickle you to death.” He threatened.

    I froze then laughed. He frowned. “You’re faking it!” I said, grinning. He let out a small laugh. “Tickle me if you can! I won’t get—“ before I could say any further, he had already tickled me on the waist. I yelped and giggled, splashing water at him, signaling him to stop.

    “S-stop!” laughs “it’s—“ laughs “—ticklish!”

    He was full of amusement and Yukina came to join him. I was on the verge of death when they finally stopped it. I giggled again and hugged Yukina. “It’ll will be your turn tonight, Yukina.” I warned.

    She shrieked and slapped my arm. We laughed together. “Let’s tickle nii-san together.” She suggested.

    “Yukina, you’re being naughty, I see.” Akashi said.

    She giggled. “I’m not.”

    He ruffled her hair and I watched them with complete satisfaction.

*  *  *  *

That night, I was asked by dad to go for an errand. Yukina had fallen asleep due to exhaustion while dad insisted Akashi on following though I refused so many times. Eventually, he went with me.

    At the convenience store, the bread section, I met Kisaragi. He was surprised when he saw me. “Kizuna! How come you’re here?” he asked.

    I waved the bread on my hand and giggled. “Visiting my mum.”

    “Ah, I see.”

    “What are you doing here?” I asked.

    “Visiting my dad.”

    I smiled and he smiled back then awkwaaaa~rdd.... “Anyway,” he broke it and gave me a phone strap; a bambi. I blinked and took it. “For you. Our friendship.”

    I laughed and nodded. “Alright, alright. Thanks.”

    He withdrawed his phone and showed it to me, there’s a matching bambi phone strap on it. “I have one too.”

    “Ah.... cool!” I said.

    We exchanged smiles and then awkwaaaa~rdd again. “Uh, you look beautiful, tying your hair like that.” He said.

    I frowned. “No way!”

    “Yes way.” He grinned. I slapped his arm and we laughed together.

    “Kizuna.” Akashi said from behind. I didn’t even realize he was there! I turned my head and smiled.

    “Done?” I asked.

    “I should be asking you that instead.” He said.

    “Oh,” I giggled and turned to Kisaragi. “Okay, until then, Kisaragi. We’ll meet next time.”

    He nodded and waved his hand. “Alright, have a safe trip.”

    “I will.” And after paying the bills, Akashi and I walked back to my house. He seemed under the weather all the way home.

-w-

Seijuurou.

    What. Is. That. Guy. Doing. Here. Flirting. With. Her.

    I frowned, watching them laughing together and he, giving her a phone strap. This burning feeling again.... as Akito had said.... jealous? How can that be.

    When he said that she looked beautiful whatsoever, though it’s true, I decided to break the conversation before he go overboard. She smiled. Smile. Smile. Smile.

Don’t smile, Kizuna. You remind me of Kina.

    Why does they both like to smile? Not ordinary smile, it’s a special smile. And when she gave that kid Kisaragi that smile, I just don’t like it.

She’s mine.

I’m hers.

We’re fated.

Or so I thought.

Because Kina said she’d come back for me. And I strongly believe in her. So when Kisaragi is trying to flirt with her, I know, this is a bad sign.

She’ll be taken away.

But not on my watch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 52.8K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 39.3K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
37.4K 1K 17
Lucy has never heard of a male named Etherious Natsu Dragneel but after he takes an interest in her because of her family's fortune, he plans to capt...
315K 5.2K 39
Mackenzie (Mac) has moved in with her cousin for the summer after a horrible breakup. When she gets to this small town, she meets Mason Blake, who ha...