|| One Piece || Together for...

By nachuu558

The ASL trio has been on the run for many years after the World Government learn the truth about their herita... More

Chapter 1 - To Save A Brother
Chapter 2 - Caught!
Chapter 3 - Whatever It Takes
Chapter 4 - Getting Help
Chapter - 5 The Grandfather
Chapter 7 - Luffy's Wakening
Chapter 8 - Finally Awake

Chapter 6 - Garp's Resolve

8.9K 290 77
By nachuu558

A/N: Uhhhhh... I'm very sorry for the late update. I finally got a work (yaaaay!) and kinda have a massive writer's block.

About the note last chapter, Thank you very much for those who still remained despite the possible bl pairing that will happen here.

Annnnddd let's all thanks Royiah for proofreading this fic. Without her you all are suffering to my grammar mistakes. So thank her as well :)

Enjoy!!!!

Hours had passed since Garp and Marco left to talk with Whitebeard, worrying the two brothers as Luffy was still inside the operating room. Ace's patience thinning, no matter how many times he has been reprimanded that nothing was his fault he still can't help but think otherwise. He knew the feeling wouldn't completely go away until he was sure that Luffy is okay, alive and kicking.

Ace clutched Luffy's straw-hat to his chest, Sabo had grabbed it along with their other belongings before they took Luffy to Whitebeard's ship. The clicking of the door and hinges sounded throughout the silent room, Ace and Sabo spot Chris walking out of the operating room. She has shoulder-length raven hair, copper-red colored eyes complementing her pale complexion, and resting atop her small button nose was thin-rimmed glasses.

They rush to Chris intent clear on their faces. "How's Luffy?" Sabo and Ace asked in unison. Chris gave them a small smile nodding.

"He's out of danger. We removed the bullet shard from his body successfully, stabilizing him" The two brothers let out a huge breath of relief, the weight on their shoulders lifting at the news of Luffy's health.

"Can we see him now?" Sabo asked hopefully.

"Usually we don't let any visitors in just after we finish an operation as the patient needs to rest but I know how worried you two are about your little brother, so I'll make an exception." Chris' eyes soften seeing the happy relief on the two boys faces. "But you two will bathe yourselves first or I won't let you enter the infirmary. I won't have your bother getting any sicker because we let you two fell ill as well." Chris scolded them.

Sabo and Ace stiffen looking at each other. The two almost laugh when they see each other, Ace's dried tear streaks on his face, hair tousled in every direction andtheir clothes were covered in dirt.But what Sabo noticed about his brother is how his expression brightens, the shadow of guilt may not be completely gone but had lessened. It was a relief to Sabo knowing his brothers are going to be fine. Sabo smiled at the thought of them being safe if only temporary, a small piece of the burden being lifted off his shoulder's. He just hoped that it could last until they were healed completely.

XXX

Whitebeard and Garp were staring intently at each other whilst Marco carefully observed the two, waiting for who would speak first.

"Newgate." Garp broke the silence. He turned to Marco for a moment before looking back at Whitebeard again. Whitebeard clearly get the message.

"Marco, leave us." Marco opened his mouth to object, but Whitebeard shook his head. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Whitebeard reassured. Marco let out a small sigh and turned to Garp glaring.

"Do something funny and you're done for." Marco threatened before leaving. Garp shrugged, not caring at all about the threat. Even if he could understand why Marco was hostile with him. He was a marine who trespassed on their ship and now he was talking to their captain without anyone to back him up. It doesn't matter how they felt, Garp was here to speak about something important with Newgate. He knows that Marco was the most trusted of Newgate's crew but Garp couldn't afford to be careless. It already happened once, and it cost him the futures of his precious grandchildren, he wouldn't allow it to happen a second time.

"What did you want to talk about?" Whitebeard said.

"I won't beat around the bush." Garp started, crossing his arms around his chest. "What are you planning to do with my Grandchildren?" Whitebeard shrugged in response.

"To make them my sons, of course." Garp raised his eyebrow staring Whitebeard directly in the eyes.

"Are you really sure about that?" Garp nearly whispered.

"What are you implying Garp?" Whitebeard said.

"Sheltering those three may lead you to your doom." The marine answered, his eyes narrowing as he stared Whitebeard's down without blinking.

"Are you trying to say that I cannot protect my family?" Whitebeard growled at the old Marine.

Garp didn't move. He just stood there, not breaking eye contact with Whitebeard.

"No. I'm warning you about the danger those three might bring you. I know you're strong but are you strong enough to face the world?" The old marine said the same seriousness in his voice but at his next words his tone changed lowering, grave and hopeless. "Those boys' enemy is the world itself. The blood running in their veins; no matter where they run, where they hide, it is impossible to escape their enemies' for long. I tried once but I failed, and it led them to this." Garp finished, his hand messaging his temple. The pirate captain is silent for but a moment before bellowing his laughter.

"Gurarara! Better not underestimate me, Garp. Facing the world is nothing if it means protecting my sons." Whitebeard declared. "And besides I'm not the only one who's taken a liking to them."

Garp laughed in mixed amusement and relief. "Bwahaha. That's good to hear."

XXX

After bathing up and changing their clothes, with the help of Izo. The two ran back to the infirmary not wasting any time. Chris, after deeming them clean by the medical bay standard's, escorted them where Luffy was resting.

Upon seeing Luffy laying on the med bay's bed sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened, the two immediately rushed to their brother's side. Clutching Luffy's hand in each of theirs.

"Luffy..." Ace whispered staring at his little brother's face, no longer pale and Luffy's breathing was not ragged anymore. The 'beep' from the machine where Luffy is connected is constant and regular showing that he's fine. He squeezed Luffy's hand to make sure that it was real, that Luffy was here and alive. "Thank Kami, you're alive. You're going to be fine now."

"Garp-san!" He heard Sabo say. Ace wipes the tears that well up in his eyes, turning his head to his Grandfather.

"Jiji." Ace muttered. The only acknowledgement they got is a grunt from their Grandfather. The three remain silent, the only sound in the room is from the machines Luffy is connected to and the nurses working not too far from his bed. Ace went back to staring at Luffy, occasionally squeezing his little brother's rubbery hand relieved it was once again made of rubber, the kairouseki bullet that was stuck in his brother's chest had nullified his brother's ability making him vulnerable like a normal person until now.

"Hey. Garp-san." It was Sabo who broke the silence, Garp grunting in response indicating that he was listening. "I was wondering how you found us?" He asked. Garp fished something out of his pocket, showing it to his grandkids.

"This." The two looked at him with confusion as he started to explain. "This paper is called a vivre card. Because of this I immediately know Luffy's condition and location."

"But, how? It looks like a normal piece paper to me." Sabo frowned, looking closely at the paper being held in between Garp's fingers.

"This is no ordinary paper, brat. It's called the paper of life for a reason. Look." Garp placed the paper on his palm. The two brothers watch it amused as the paper moves on Garp's palm pointing towards Luffy's direction. "This paper points in the direction of the other piece." With that said, Garp picked up Luffy's straw-hat, Ace had placed it on top of Luffy earlier and fished out the tiny piece of paper from behind the ribbon showing it to Ace and Sabo. "I hid it in Luffy's straw-hat just in case something bad may happen. And I was right with my decision." After explaining he put the tiny piece of paper back in Luffy's straw-hat. "When this vivre card started to burn I got worried since it represents the life force of the owners." Garp got quiet for a moment before continuing with a strained, strangled voice. "I'm so glad you three are alright. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

Ace and Sabo stare at their Grandfather, there were times that he was so hard and strict with them during their training to the point it became more abusive than not. At first, they thought it was for them to become a strong marine's like Garp kept proclaiming. But now they realize it was for them, so that they could protect themselves when their Grandfather was not with them.

"Stupid Jiji." Ace said without the usual heat in his tone. "We know that you can't always be here to protect us. It's not your fault we are in this situation. So, don't go apologizing to us. We don't need you to protect us anymore.That's why we are training to become strong!"

"That's right, Garp-san. Don't worry, we're going to get stronger so that nothing like this will happen again!" Sabo reassured with a huge grin, the old man bellowed in laughter.

"Cocky brats! Bwahahaha!" Garp exclaimed in between his laughter. "And it's Jii-chan to you brat!" He told Sabo after laughing, Sabo's eyes widened looking away with a pout, muttering. "Whatever."

Ace laughed at his brother's reaction, earning a glare from the blond. "Anyways," Sabo said after giving Ace a final glare, looking back at Garp. "Can you look at this? I think it's a vivre card." Sabo then showed the piece of moving paper to Garp.

"W..Where did you get that?" Garp asked shocked. Sabo tilted his head in confusion.

"Hey! isn't that the paper you got from that weird cloaked man?" Ace exclaimed as he pointed at the paper in Sabo's hand. Garp looked at the both of them chuckling.

"You three have an ally it seems. Better use that wisely." Garp said with a smirk as the two brothers look at him curious.

"What does it mean, anyways?" Sabo pushed.

"Find out it for yourself." Garp said as he picked up the vivre card up on Sabo's palm and pointed at the tiny scribble on the side of it.

"Dragon?" Ace and Sabo said in unison as they peered at where Garp was pointing. "Wait, there's also a number." Sabo said as he noticed a tiny number next to the tiny name. The old marine gave the vivre card back to Sabo as the two boys inspect the paper further.

"It's up to both of you how you're going use it but keep in mind that you shouldn't let anyone know that you have that paper, okay." Garp reprimanded before straightening. "Anyways, now that I know you three will be okay I better head back to Headquarters."

"You're not going to wait for Luffy to wake up?" Sabo asked with a frown. Garp turned to look at them again with a small smile on his face and shook his head.

"I have been gone for too long. Sengoku might get suspicious if I don't go back to HQ soon." Garp explained. The two stared at him the 'why' is hanging heavily in the air and Garp explaining.

"With the stunt I pulled to hiding you three, I am currently under strict probation. But, when I saw Luffy's vivre card burning I snuck out and made an excuse, so I could find you three." Garp explained with a soft smile.

"Jiji, you..." Ace muttered in guilt. Sabo could only stare as the same guilty expression marred his face.

"Wipe that expression off your faces. Risking my position and my life is worth it if it's for my grandsons." Garp scolded. Ace and Sabo still feel conflicted. Because of them Garp could have lost everything he had worked for by protecting them. "Don't worry about me. Focus on getting stronger. I'm sure the Whitebeard pirates could help you three with that. Newgate agreed to let you three stay on his ship so use that opportunity to train."

XXX

Days had passed since Garp departed and yet Luffy is still sleeping. Sabo knew that as the day passed Ace's frustration and worry are sky-rocketing. Sabo felt the same and no assurance from the doctor and nurses could take it away. They don't need their empty promises what they want is for Luffy to regain consciousness. They miss him. They miss their annoying, cry baby of a little brother and more importantly they miss the comfort Luffy radiates just being around him. Sabo brushed his fingers against Luffy's cheek.

A loud knock sounded from the door resounding in the room waking Ace. The three commanders from before walking through it. "W..Wha?" Ace muttered in confusion and mild alertness as he whipped his head side to side to for where the loud sound came from. Upon noticing the three who look slightly sheepish. Ace let out a low growl.

"What are you doing here?" Ace said. Sabo let out a sigh. Sure, Garp said that they could trust them, but Ace still has his doubts. Especially at the fourth and first division. What happened between the four of them is still on Ace's mind and Sabo feels the same. They are still not convinced if they can be trusted or not and as long as Luffy hasn't regained consciousness they will not make any decisions. At this moment the two couldn't help but wish that Luffy is awake so he could help them in deciding what to do. It has been proven multiple times that their little brother could identify someone who had good intentions or not by just his gut feeling so until then, they will wait for Luffy to wake up.

"Relax. We're here in peace." The fourth division commander said with both of his hand in the air. The two brothers look at them suspiciously as they hover subtlety in a protective manner around Luffy.

"That's right. Calm down both of you." The sixteenth division commander reassured them, giving a soft smile.

"Then what do you want?" Ace asked with a glare, hands reaching up to hold Sabo's. Hiding Sabo behind him as much as his lithe body could, Luffy behind both of them.

"I apologize with the noise we made, yoi." The first division commander apologizes. "We are here to invite the two of you to join us for breakfast. Again." Ace scoffed irritated, How many times had they invited them to join them in their mess hall and how many times they would reject the offer before they took the hint that they will not leave Luffy here alone in an unknown territory.

"I'm sorry but we have to decline. We can't leave our brother here alone." Sabo said politely, clutching Ace's hand in his to calm the raven down.

As the five conversed with each other they didn't notice the slight twitching of the hand from the sleeping brother on the bed nor the slight tilt of his head as he opened his eyes slowly until he spoke, his voice croaked in a silent hoarse whisper.

"B...bread?? P...pineapple?? P...pretty l...lady?" He whispered confused as his eyes landed at the three commanders. His eyes lighting up despite the hazy look in them when he saw his two older brothers looking at him with wide glassy eyes.

"S...Sabo... A...Ace... I'm hungry."

A/N: Btw. Did you know about that one upcoming fashion zine for one piece?? That Share the World one? Please do support that, you can check it on tumblr username: sharetheworldzine and follow the twitter account @opsharetheworld

It's still on Artist and Writers Application phase so feel free to sign up :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475 24 8
Luffy struggles with making friends after the departure of Shanks and his crew. Enter Ace and Sabo-unwillingly. Or, a retelling of the ASL backstory...
360K 12.6K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...
11.3K 359 14
As a little angel and 2 demons fallout of the sky watch as they grow up with a group of pirates that will forcefully learn their secrets. Hey guys th...
114K 4.2K 57
Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's read the story to find out what happened t...