Consequences

By taesophile

Maybe the concept of love seems beautiful, after all. Past achievements - #1 in Jenzie - 181023 #375 in Fanfi... More

consequences
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
epilogue: a new beginning
epilogue: alternate ending

chapter thirty

2.4K 151 121
By taesophile

DT/ briianna- tysm for liking and commenting, it made my day literally.
NOTE/ three more chapters. this is an extra long one, you're welcome ;)

"Now this is not what I expected."

John and I quickly shot up from the bed to see Maddie standing in front of us with her suitcases with her and a smile on her face. And the next thing I knew, I was getting out of the covers and attacked her with a bear hug.

"Oh my god Maddie! I missed you." I said, snuggling her into the hug.

"Missed you too Kenz."

She was completely covered up in her clothes since it was cold in the airport but I did not expect her to come right now. After we pulled away from each other she quickly averted her eyes to Johnny and she pointed her finger at him, "You, Mister Orlando have a lot of explaining to do."

He saluted her and got out of the bed to give her a quick hug. "So, did you guys do anything on my bed?" She asked, eyeing both of us suspiciously.

"We were about to have sex-" I jabbed him with my elbow. "But we didn't." He added and gave me a side glance with a wink.

She just looked at us bewildered. "What he means is that we just hung out on your bed and might have fallen asleep and trust me, we didn't do anything." I clarified.

She awkwardly nodded and John cleared his throat to ease the tension. "I'm going to see if there anything to eat if you don't mind." He excused himself and exited the room, leaving Maddie and me alone, and before any of us could say anything I got a message from my phone.

I walked over the nightstand and see that it was from Dr Bennet. My fingers quickly tapped on the message and my eyes read it as fast as it could.

iMessage from Dr. Ben
I have scheduled a meeting with you later this afternoon. It's important. I hope you could come, feel free to bring any of your relatives so we could discuss a few objectives regarding your cancer and disease.

My body radiated in fear. It's important. If this is the end for me, let's just say that wouldn't be so surprising but what does Dr Bennet have to say that it's very important? I lost track of how many months I have left or it could be days or minutes or hours. How will I see myself in ten years, to become an artist or something which will never come true? I haven't even told Johnny yet. I look back at my phone and type back a reply.

Me
i've got time doc. is it rly important?

iMessage from Dr. Ben
I will inform you when we meet.

I shut my phone and clutched it hard against my chest. My whole body starts to tremble and goosebumps ran along my skin. My mouth was partly opened due to me still scared of what is about to happen. It didn't take long for me to realize that I am already starting to rot. My whole body system is starting to malfunction.

I can feel my entire system slowly shutting down inside me and they patiently wait for me to be ready to let go which I wasn't equipped for yet. If I ever let go I can already imagine the hatred look on John's face for me not telling him. That's the only reason I have to why I didn't tell him, it'd pretty clear that he will leave me.

No one would ever want to date someone who was cancer. "Kenzie." I jumped, feeling startled and turned around and see Maddie with a sympathetic look on her face. "What's wrong? Who texted you."

She didn't wait for me to answer that she got my phone from my hands, unlocked it, and read the texts of what Dr Bennet had sent me. "You now have to tell him." She muttered, still looking down at my phone.

"What?" I ask her. "What do you mean Maddie?"

"I meant Johnny. Kenz, you have to tell him. I know you haven't told him yet. But you seriously have to tell him already. Sooner or later he will find out but if it's not from you then that would hurt him more knowing that you didn't tell him yourself." I opened my mouth to protest but she blew me off. "I don't care about what type of shitty excuse you have going on in your head and whether you like it or not, you are going to tell him."

Her words ran through my head like a cycle. I wanted to tell Johnny but- here we go again with the freaking lame excuse! Come on Kenz, grow some balls! And great, I am talking to myself. Officially gone abnormal.

I feel her hold my shoulders as she looked at me directly. "Promise me Kenzie. That you will tell Johnny." She urged. "Please Kenzie."

Sighing, I nodded. "Fine." A knock was then heard from the door and what poked in was Johnny's head. He was smiling. While I was frowning.

"A couple of snacks are ready for you." He told us.

"Sure," Maddie said and went ahead of me. She passed John and made her way downstairs and she thought I'm going to tell Johnny right now. Pathetic.

I know I promised her I would tell him but not right now. "Hey." He gently said. "You coming?" I was about to say yes when I remembered what will happen if I eat a meal. I can't purge. Johnny walked over to me but not before closing the door.

"You go ahead John, I'll go down later," I said and turned my back to face him. You can't let your pride down.

Arms snaked around my waist from behind me and John leaned his head at the side of my neck as I felt his hot breath fan my neck. He nestled his face at the crook of my neck and I leaned back and started to relax for now as I take it all in.

Then something got me thinking that I really wanted to ask him. "John?"

"Hm?" He mumbled, on my neck.

"Will you ever leave me?"

Before I can see what happened best he turned me around and cupped my face and leaned in close. "Do you think I would ever leave a girl like you?" His fingertips were so soft against my skin as he brushed them slowly to my cheeks and to my jawline. "And to answer your question Kenz, it seems like I'm staying with you for a long time."

My heart then crashed to the bottom.

I started to play with my food trying to not envy John and Maddie who are eating in front of me right now. They didn't notice yet which is a good thing. John may have convinced me to eat but I wasn't thinking straight. How could I possibly eat without purging right after?

It was silent and I keep on shifting on my seat, feeling uncomfortable. "So Kenz, wanna go to a party tonight?" John asked out of blue.

My eyes went to the size of a moon. "Party?" I stuttered.

"Yeah. William is hosting one tonight since he throws the best parties in town. And you never been to a party so why not?" He said casually. I wanted to say no but that might bring him to suspicion again.

"She can't. Lauren, her and I are having a girls night." Maddie butted in which I was thankful.

John creased his eyebrows. "Can't you do it tomorrow night?"

"It's like a reunion since Maddie is back so you should just go alone. You never had time to yourself so why don't you loosen up a bit and go to the party. Then I promise you a date tomorrow." I smiled, hoping he will agree to this.

"But I want you to come with me." He whined.

"Hey! You had my sister way long enough so it's my turn. At least try to keep your hands to yourself." Maddie snapped making John pout more but he eventually gave up since he hated seeing Maddie mad.

"Fine. You can keep her tonight but tomorrow she's all mine again." He said, being all possessive.

Maddie stood from her chair and got her plate. "Oh don't worry John, you will." She went to the kitchen and put her plate on the sink and came back. "I'm going upstairs, me and Lilia are gonna FaceTime. See ya."

Once Maddie was gone Johnny got his plate and went to the kitchen. I followed suit and once I entered the kitchen he was leaning against the counter and had his thinking face on. I sauntered over to him. "John, what's wrong?"

He snapped from his gaze and looked at me longing. He sighed and caress my cheek with his one hand. "Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Not important, just random stuff."

Not wanting to push the conversation further I nodded and start to walk away but before I could he tugged on my wrist making me spin back to him and letting our fonts collide and our lips meet again. It took me by full surprise as he took control of the kiss and took it fast and hard. I tried to fight back but he still won. He pulled me closer like we couldn't get enough.

"You should stop surprising me." I gasped breathlessly, resting my forehead against his.

He snuggled his nose with mine playfully making me smile. "I just want you to know that I love you."

"I know John." But why did it sound like a goodbye?

Us three patiently waited for our names to be called as we just sat in the waiting room. I anxiously played with my fingers on my lap as I started to get worried. Lauren was scrolling through Instagram while Maddie was flicking through a magazine.

"Hey Kenz," Lauren said looking up from her phone and towards me. "Why did John go to a party?"

I shrugged. "Because I told him to. At first he wanted me to go but I can't because I'm meeting Dr Bennet so Maddie made up an excuse."

"But he's alone. In a party. A party Mackenzie. Do you know what is a party? A party is where everyone starts to become all horny and wants to have sex and they drink to wash their problems away." She informed me.

"I know what is a party, Lauren."

"Then why did you let him go?"

"Look, Lauren, I made him go so he could loosen up a bit since I know he's been stressed out lately and it's a perfect distraction so he won't know I'm in the hospital instead of home," I said using my hands to make it more dramatic. "It's not like he's gonna wake up the next morning spooning with some girl he met at the party and hooked up with her. John wouldn't do that."

Before our conversation could go further our names were called. We entered the office of Dr Bennet and sat on the chairs waiting for him to speak.

"I'm just gonna go straight to the point Mackenzie." He started. "You are already dying, the production of your white blood cells are too much. It's infecting you more and the incurable disease you have is already over your body. You only have 28 days left. The other doctors and I think it's best for you to stay in the hospital for the rest."

I'm. Officially. Dead.

I'm really gonna tell John tomorrow.

Right after the appointment, we agreed that I'm gonna stay in the hospital starting tomorrow just right after I tell John. Maddie was already crying so was Lauren and to distract us we had a girls night just what Maddie said. We ate and watch until we slept. During the night I haven't received any calls or texts from John.

The next day came, and I told Maddie and Lauren that I'm going to Johnny's house to check up on him. I went early first while Lauren and Maddie just stayed. Before I reached the doorknob of my house to leave a churning noise inside my belly sick. I quickly cover my mouth up and sprinted to the nearest bathroom and barfed out everything I ate for breakfast.

As I walk to John's house I knocked on the door Meredith opened it. "Mackenzie!" She pulled me into a hug.

"Oh my god, Mer I missed you so much," I said and hugged her tighter. She really reminded me of my mom. "Where's John?"

"Probably upstairs sleeping. You could go ahead." She urged and I sighed, relieved he wasn't sleeping with anyone else.

I made my way to his room remembering exactly where it was. Since he was still sleeping I didn't knock but opened the door softly and peeked in.

But I wished I didn't open the door- Johnny wasn't sleeping at all. Instead he was on top of another girl as they were both naked on his bed but had blankets over them and he kissed the life out of the girl. I was frozen, I don't know what to do in this type of situation but all I did was gasp loudly letting them stop in their make-out session.

"Is that your girlfriend?" The girl asked John as she smirked. But John didn't answer her as he just looked at me agape.

He still didn't answer. So I answered for him.

"Ex."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 2.3K 113
*pretend* there are lots of ships, drama and weird things in here I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 I WARN YOU NOW, VERY VERY MESSY , READ AT YOUR OWN R...
8.5K 173 31
[COMPLETED] - established : May 20, 2018 finished : December 31, 2018 - what if hannie got the happily ever after they deserved? what if they hated...
362K 10K 20
IS IT LOVE OR LUST? I originally published this fic on AFF. Please do not repost/republish without my permission. Thank you.
342K 9.1K 45
When catching your husband having an affair with your best friend, you make up your mind. You want a divorce. The only problem is, you share a child...