Outlaws of Love | Jikook

By parkjimia

"A love story that shook the whole world." Falling for the same gender is one thing. Them being in the same b... More

t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n ty - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
s p e c i a l
a u t h or ' s n o t e s
mini special: birthday
mini special: hickey

o n e

32.9K 960 1.3K
By parkjimia

It's going to be quite a ride, so buckle up, grab some tissues, and enjoy!

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you," chorused by 6 BTS members, gleefully grinning down at Jimin as he looks around happily. "Happy birthday, Park Jimin, happy birthday to you!"

Jimin smiles at them gratefully and blows out the candles. The members cheer and clap in excitement. To his right, his roommate Hoseok shouts, "Make a wish!"

"Aren't you supposed to make a wish before blowing out the candles?" Jimin asks. Hoseok waves his hand dismissively.

"It's okay, you can still do it," Taehyung encourages.

Jimin closes his eyes and envisions him being surrounded by his family and friends. He thinks about them being happy and healthy. And finally, he envisions his best friends—BTS members who have been there for him through thick and thin. He wishes that the special bond that they share will never break. Even when their prime is gone and their fame slowly fades, he wishes that they will still be together—laughing at dumb jokes, playing video games, and enjoy late dinners.

When Jimin's finished, he opens his eyes.

"Woah!" He exclaims in surprise, jolting back as he finds himself nose-to-nose with Jungkook, whose eyes are crinkling in excitement, a toothy grin on his face. Before Jimin can say anything else, he feels something cold and wet etched onto his nose.

"What...?" Jimin says, slowly raising his hand up to his nose. Whipped cream. He looks up at Jungkook, who still has on that delightful grin. He holds up a finger, smudged with cream.

"You're going down." Jimin says, his eyes narrowed and his voice low. With a start, he hops off the couch and chases after Jungkook, who is already hiding behind Namjoon and laughing his behind off.

"Stop!" Jungkook manages to squeak between laughter. Jimin keeps going—he's going to make sure that evil little thing gets it. Unfortunately, Namjoon standing between them is an obstacle he can't get through. Damn him and his height, Jimin thinks bitterly.

"Jiminie, come here, I have something for you," Hoseok calls out. Jimin turns to see him roommate holding up a silver box.

"Oh, hyung!" Jimin exclaims. "You didn't have to."

"Open it. It's nothing much," Hoseok insists.

Jimin digs through the box and pulls out a Luffy plushie. He smiles at it with adoration and pulls it to his chest. "Aww. I'll definitely have him up on the wall. Thank you!"

Hoseok beams at him. "You're welcome."

Jin makes his way over and wraps his arm around Jimin. "My cake was my present to you."

"I love it." Jimin gushes happily, looking the Chimmy cake appreciatively.

"Can we eat it now?" Yoongi asks excitedly, his gaze fixated on the cake. He and Namjoon didn't get Jimin anything, but because Jimin knows they're not big on presents. Them being here to celebrate with him is enough for Jimin.

"Wait, not yet." Taehyung interrupts. "I didn't give my present."

"I'm excited to see Tae's," Namjoon comments. Jimin nods in anticipation. Last year, Taehyungie got him a cute Gucci sweater that Jimin absolutely adores. That's the thing about Taehyung—he always puts his effort into picking out present, and they're all unique in their own ways.

"I swear Taehyungie, it better not be expensive." Jimin says to his best friend. As much as he loves Tae's present, he always feels bad that they cost so much.

"Don't worry, this one isn't as much," Taehyung reassures him. Jimin eyes him warily but proceeds to open the box. He breaks into a huge smile as he pulls out a fashionable tan beret.

"Try it on!" Jin urges. Jimin puts it on and pulls out his front camera to check. He can't help but smile in adoration. The beret is definitely Taehyung's style, and Jimin's surprised by how sophisticated it makes him look.

"Thanks, Taehyungie," Jimin says, pulling his friend into a side hug. "I'll wear to the airport."

Taehyung smiles. "Glad you like it." But his box grin is hiding the fact that this beret costs more than the sweater from last time. But it's okay, what Jimin doesn't know won't hurt him.

"Sorry we couldn't do much for your birthday, Jimin," Yoongi says. His eyes show that he means it. "I was hoping we could go out to celebrate it with you."

"Yeah..." Namjoon agrees.

"It's alright!" Jimin insists. "I'm actually glad my birthday is not during our promotions. I rather be at home relaxing. I think we all need the rest."

They all nod in unison. Amidst the conversation, they completely forget about Jeon Jungkook, who is fingering his envelope nervously. Jungkook did have something for Jimin, but he's hesitant because he's scared of Jimin's reaction to it. Or more importantly, the other members' reaction. Jungkook isn't the type to give out presents either, so it's unusual that he has anything at all...much less this. He knows for sure it's something Jimin wants, but he's not sure why he's so nervous.

Finally, Jimin notices Jungkook being awfully quiet. He peers at what he has on his hands and asks, "Jungkookie, is that my birthday card?"

That catches everyone's attention and they glance at Jungkook.

"Is it a gift card?" Yoongi jokes.

"Hyung," Jimin scolds him playfully. Actually, he wouldn't be surprised if it was a gift card. He wouldn't be disappointed either because at least Jungkookie got something for him.

"It's neither," Jungkook swallows and his grip on the envelope tightens. He begins making his way to Jimin and hands it over. "Happy birthday, hyung."

Jimin's lips stretches into a bright smile. Jungkook can't help but return with a cute smile of his own. 

Jimin looks into the envelope and pulls out a...plane ticket. "Huh?" He manages to say, completely confused. Crickets fill the room as it falls into complete silence. Jimin squint his eyes to make sure they aren't deceiving him. "A plane ticket? To Japan."

Jungkook quickly swallows down his panic. This wasn't the reaction he was anticipating.

"There's only one ticket..." Jimin says slowly, his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

Jungkook shakes his head fervently. "No. I'll be taking you." He reaches into his pocket and produces another ticket. "Just the two of us. Japan."

More silence.

Jimin just sits there, blinking. Jungkook begins to feel the sweat in his palms. Did he not like it?

Finally, Jin breaks the silence. "WHAT!?" He bellows. "All you got for my birthday was 25 slaps, and Jimin gets to go to Japan?"

Jungkook laughs nervously. "I'm sorry, hyung."

"What you are complaining for?" Yoongi interjects. "That's something! All I got was 'oh, happy birthday'."

"Same," Taehyung and Hoseok agree.

"Yep." Namjoon says, eyeing Jungkook suspiciously.

Jungkook racks his brain for a way out of this. He knew this would happen, but he just didn't prepare for it. "Well, it was something Jiminie hyung really wanted. We talked about going to Japan before."

And he would get tickets for the rest of the members too, but it'll defeat the whole purpose of a birthday present if everyone gets the same treatment. This is something different...something nice. He's always wanted to go travel with Jimin. He loves all of the members equally, but traveling with 7 people can get tiring.

Before Jungkook can speak any further, he suddenly feels himself being tackled back by a hug. He tries to wiggle himself out of the tight embrace, but Jimin tightens his grip on the maknae. "Thank you sooo much, Jungkook!!"

"No problem," Jungkook replies bashfully.

Jimin pulls back to look at Jungkook, his eyes lighting up. "I'm so excited! I can't believe you got this for me." He quickly pulls Jungkook into another bear hug.

The other members roll their eyes playfully and give Jimin a congratulatory claps, but deep down, they're envious. They begin to disperse to leave the happy duo to fawn over their upcoming trip.

"I better get a plane ticket to Hawaii, Jungkook." Yoongi says on this way out.

"And I want a trip to the moon," Jin adds in bitterly.

Hoseok, the bright sunshine that he is, adds, "Take me, too!"

Jungkook laughs for good now. He'll definitely make something happen for them. But when he looks at Jimin, who still has the craziest grin on his face as he studies the ticket, Jungkook can't help but smile. He loves seeing his hyung so happy. It has been a rough year for Jimin, with his dieting and vocal training for their next album. He at least deserves this much.

"It's going to be fun." Jungkook says and Jimin nods merrily. 

Later that night

"You guysss are my best fwiends and I LOVE you," Jimin slurs as his head bobbles up and down. He looks at his members with what he thinks is the sincerest look he can muster.

Hoseok clears his throat and the rest of the members groans in exasperation. It's not that they don't appreciate Jimin's genuine feelings, but they've been listening to his drunk appreciation speech for the past hour.

"We know, Jimin," Yoongi, says, deadpanned.

"No, you don't!" Jimin insists, pouting his lips, his eyebrows scrunching together in desperation. "I wuv you sho much that it hurts. My kokoro ('heart' in Japanese)." He pounds his tiny fist on his chest for dramatic effect.

"Jimin," Namjoon interjects. "You're drunk."

Offended, Jimin pouts at his leader. "See?! You don't even know my name. I'm not drunk, I'm Jimin. J-I-M-I-N. DIMINNIEE."

Yoongi groans. This is getting too much. "Someone get him to his room, please."

Jimin pouts again and makes a grab for another drink. Jungkook quickly moves it away and Jimin scowls. They begin engaging in an intense wrestle for the beer can.

"Maybe we should end the birthday dinner now," Hoseok says, looking at his dongsaeng worriedly. "We have a concept photo shoot tomorrow. Can't have him showing up looking like a mess."

The members nod in agreement. Everyone knows Jimin loves to drink. Normally he's the happy drunk, but it's getting way out of hand today.

"Yeah, Hobi's right," Namjoon says. "Let's clean up and head to bed."

Taehyung nods and begins cleaning up his dishes. But before he can grab anything, Jimin quickly snatches it away. "I'll help!" Jimin begins making his way to the fridge with the plate of food.

Jin looks after him and snickers when he sees him tripping over his own foot. "Babo."

Jungkook stifles a laugh. Jimin has always been cute. The members don't like Jimin when he's drunk, but Jungkook enjoys every bit of it. Jimin is always working so hard whether it be dance practice or dieting, so the only time Jungkook really see his hyung letting it go is when he's drunk. He just seems so...happy and carefree. He says what's on his mind and doesn't have to act like he's got everything together.

"Do you think Jimin will be okay for tomorrow?" Hoseok asks.

Namjoon bites his lips. "Who knows...maybe the make-up noona will be able to hide his hangover."

Yoongi wraps his edible leftovers and walks over to the fridge. He opens it, but before he can store away his food, the sight before him makes his eyes ogle in disgust. "What in the world is this?!"

His holler catches the other members' attention as they turn to see the commotion. In the fridge is a pair of black shoes.

"Aren't those...Jimin's?" Taehyung asks.

"What!?" Yoongi exclaims. He's trying to look serious and angry, but his attempt at hiding an amused gummy smile gives it away. "That's gross, Jimin."

Jimin just gives him an innocent look. "I need them for tomorrow."

Yoongi sends him an incredulous look, running a hand through his hair in dismay. "Hoseok, take your roommate back to your room, please. He needs serious help."

Jimin pouts. "But I'm helping with cleanup."

"Jiminie, you are helping us by cleaning yourself up," Hoseok says gently.

Jimin's his mouth forms an o, just like a little kid. "Oh, that's right," he mumbles and stalks back into the Hallway. "I'll see u guys later." He blows them air kisses before disappearing.

"Good riddance," Yoongi mutters.

Jungkook chuckles. "It's his birthday, hyung. Let him have a little fun!"

"He put his shoes in the fridge," Yoongi responds, deadpanned. 

Jungkook bites back a laughter. He doesn't have an excuse for this one. 

"Guys," Namjoon interrupts. "Let's just get this mess cleaned up so we can go to bed."

Taehyung nods in agreement and the remaining members resume with clean up. Namjoon has that leader aura around him that when he talks, everybody listens. As he washes the dishes, Namjoon can't help feeling a bit worried. "Hoseok, can you go check to see if Jimin made it safely to his room?"

Before Hoseok can say anything, Jungkook jumps in. "I'll go."

An awkward silence passes as the members stares as him, surprised at his eagerness.

"Ya! You just don't want to clean up." Jin gripes, waving a dirty napkin at him. 

That wasn't the reason that came to Jungkook's mind. He spoke without even thinking about it, but he figured it was easier to have them think that. He gives them a wide smile. "I'll be right back."

Before the members can say anything, Jungkook makes a beeline for Jimin's room.

"Uh...okay." Hoseok says, tilting his head in confusion.

"Jiminie hyung?" Jungkook asks as he peeks his head into Jimin's room. He scans the all-too-familiar environment, but Jimin is nowhere in sight.

Where can he be? Jungkook tries to think about all the possibilities, but knowing how drunk Jimin is, it's a bit concerning. He looks through the dorm, checking every room to make sure he is not passed out cold on the floor. Nothing.

Just as Jungkook's ready to alert the rest of the BTS member, he hears a faint sound of music down the hall.

"The practice room?" He mumbles to himself. He quickly makes his way down and lets out a sigh of relief when he seems Jimin's small frame slumped on a chair.

Serendipity is playing on the speaker so Jungkook figures he must have been trying to practice but passed out from lack of energy. That's Jimin for you—always working hard no matter what state he's in.

"Hyung?" Jungkook asks, gently shaking Jimin on the shoulders. Jimin shifts a little bit and looks up, his face dazed.

"Huh?" Jimin murmurs. His eyes slowly close again and his head slumps down. Jungkook can't help but marvels at his cuteness. He takes a moment to study his features. Even without makeup, Jimin looks so good with his smooth and dewey skin. His hair is a hot mess, but for some reason, it gives him that sexy bed look. Jimin has two sleeping position: one with his head being bent all the way back and his mouth gapes open. The second is with his head slouched down and his mochi cheeks all puffed up. Drunk Jimin is in the latter position with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Cute," Jungkook whispers and pulls out his phone. He quickly snaps a picture and admires it. He contemplates what he should do with this picture. For sure, Jimin's going to throw a fit once he sees it—he always hates it when people take pictures of him when he's sleeping. He thinks he looks ugly, but this picture is proof that it's not true. He looks so peaceful and adorable that it'd be a shame that no one else sees it. He knows for sure ARMY would love it...so being the evil maknae that he is, he opens up Twitter.

Jungkook takes a minute to think about how he should caption it. It's nighttime and Jimin's birthday celebration is practically over. It doesn't feel that way for Jungkook because after all, his present has yet to happen...he knows Jimin will love it and they'll have fun. He begins typing:

Happy Birthday, Jimnie.

It's not over yet....

Jungkook swiftly scans the post and hits send. He stares at the masterpiece that is Jimin in amusement and starts breaking into fits of giggle.

The soft laughter wakes up Jimin from his slumber. "What are you doing?" He slurs sleepily. At first, Jimin was confused. Am I being pranked again? His eyes scans Jungkook from head to toe. When they land on the phone he's holding, Jimin's eyes shoot open as the realization dawns on him.

"Jungkookie-ah," Jimin says slowly through a clenched smile. He's doing his best to now let his panic show. "Give that to hyung."

Drunk or not, he's wide awake now. 

Jungkook can't stop laughing. "No. I didn't take any pictures."

"You're lying," Jimin whines, exasperated. "Delete it, Jungkook."

"I can't delete something I didn't take," Jungkook retorts, playing around with his phone.

Jimin stares at him blankly. " You know I'll get that picture from you." 

"Go ahead," Jungkook dares, stretching his arms out wide. "Come at me."

Jimin rolls his eyes playfully like this is pointless. But once he gets Jungkook to let down his guard, he makes a big lunge for the phone. As expected, Jungkook swiftly dodges out of the way.

"Nice try," Jungkook muses. Jimin narrows his eyes and makes another jump for it. Unfortunately, he's a bit too slow, and Jungkook begins running backward across the practice room, holding his phone up in the air as if to taunt to him.

"This brat," Jimin mutters. Jimin gathers all of his energy and makes a final lunge toward Jungkook. But before he can make it Jungkook, he loses his footing and begins to fall. Seeing what's about to happen, Jungkook stops in his tracks and reaches forward to catch him. They crash into each other, sending Jimin falling flat on his back, his head hits the floor with an ugly crack. Jungkook falls over his hyung's body, but his strong arms manage to hold him up from squishing Jimin.

Jimin winces in pain. "Ow..."

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Jungkook says, panicked. He reaches over to touch Jimin's head for apparent injuries. But Jimin doesn't answer. He's staring up, his eyes wide yet gentle. Jungkook cocks his head, puzzled, but he quickly realizes why.

The position they are in.

Jungkook is on top of Jimin with his hands propped on either side. His leg between Jimin's thighs. Suddenly, the whole room feels like it's closing up and Jungkook begins to feel lightheaded. Why isn't Jimin hyung saying anything? Why am I not moving away? Jungkook wills himself to get up because the proximity is getting too unbearable, but the only thing that he can focus on his how...gorgeously handsome Jimin is. Has he always looked this good...? His pretty eyes are twinkling under the light. His soft skin and cheeks that are colored red from the alcohol and running to grab the phone. Jungkook's eyes trail down to his soft, plumb pink lips and for the first time...he wonders what it feels like to kiss Park Jimin.

Jungkook's breathing fastens as his brain registers this newfound feeling. His heart pounds against his chest as he locks eyes with Jimin—so loud that he's afraid Jimin might hear it. His arms, the only thing that's keeping him from crashing into Jimin, feel like jello and he aches to close the distance between them.

"Jungkook..." Jimin begins to say, his voice faint. But Jungkook's not hearing it. All he can focus on is the way Jimin's kissable lips part. Jungkook swallows a thick lump down his throat. It'll be fine, he thinks, if I just move closer...just a little bit...

Jungkook closes his eyes and hears Jimin softly sucking in his breath.

Just a little more...

"What are you two doing?" A female's voice bellows.

Jungkook and Jimin's eyes shoot open. Jungkook pushes himself up so quickly that he falls backward. The pair stares what the woman in front of them. One of the BigHit's staffs.

"H-he was trying to take my phone away," Jungkook quickly exclaims.

Jimin bites his lips and tries his best to not let his panic show. He swears to himself that once this mess is over, he's going to let him have it. Jungkook's making this even more obvious than it already is. 

But to his surprise, the woman did not question them any further. She gives them a weird look. "Um, okay. I just want to remind you two to get to some sleep because we have a photoshoot tomorrow."

"Yes!" Jungkook answers—way too quickly. He collects himself and stands up. "I was just about to shower."

Jimin silently facepalms himself. Way to make it not obvious, babo. "Yea, I'll get going soon, too."

The staff nods. "Good. Happy birthday again, Jimin-ah."

Jimin gives her a small grateful smile. Jungkook and Jimin wait for her to leave, and once she's gone, they crash to the floor. They didn't realize they had been holding their breath until now.

When Jungkook notices he's alone with Jimin again, he gets on his feet right away. "Um...I-I'm going to shower."

"Yeah, go head," Jimin replies, not meeting his eyes. He knows Jungkook isn't too thrilled to talk about what had just happened, and neither is he. But whatever it is, he knows he won't just forget even if he tries.

As they both go on their way, they can't help thinking about what had just happened and what would happen...if they hadn't been interrupted?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404 5 6
❝I want to show you how much I love you, Jimin.❞ Jungkook's schedule was nothing short of packed. Music shows, interviews, stage performances, photo...
945 29 7
We don't get to choose who we fall for, and Jimin is about to find that out the hard way. When he encounters a small rival during his first audition...
849K 60.8K 102
"Please don't leave...I can't live without you..." After Park Jimin, a pink haired 22 year old gets fired from his main job. Jimin complains about it...
9.2K 361 14
A nerd and a jock. What happens when the line between friends and lovers is crossed? Jimin is a university student tormented by his inappropriate fe...