The Devil and His Lover

By Cosmic_Pumpkin_King

Lucifer(TV) fanfiction -- But the human didn't care, not even the slightest, because he cherished the moments... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 3

1.3K 75 10
By Cosmic_Pumpkin_King

Song: The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie - Colter Wall

Xxxxxxxxxxx

It was another day of completing paperwork and Ella has decided to bring breakfast for Angeles this time. She ended up getting breakfast burritos and hoped he liked them well enough. She looked around the precinct for him and found him slumped on his desk filling out paperwork, his other hand poking his stress ball.

"Hey, Angeles!" She grinned and set the food in front of him.

He blinked at the bag before his face lit up, "Food?" He opened it and practically groaned at the smell, "Yes, burritos! Which one's mine?"

Ella shrugged, "Either one. I didn't know what you'd like so I just got what I get. It has eggs, bacon, a bit of peppers, and cheddar cheese."

Angeles gasped in delight, putting a hand to his chest, "A woman after my own heart. You are a blessing, Ms. Lopez."

"Just call me Ella, dude," She laughed, grabbing her own burrito. "Wanna go get coffee?"

He shook his head, "Luci already got us some." He picked up his devil stress ball and threw it at Lucifer.

The Devil caught it without looking and glanced down at it in surprise before tossing it back. He grabbed two coffees resting on Chloe's desk and brought it over to Angeles, "Get your own bloody coffee."

Angeles bat his eyes at the Devil, "But it's so sweet that you know my order."

Ella watched as the civilian consultant scoffed and she could have sworn there was a bit of pink dusting his cheeks. She almost wanted to squeal because, even after all those years of being apart, the club owner was still smitten with the black-haired detective. "Thanks, Lucifer, for the coffee again."

"Of course, Ms. Lopez," He said before returning to Chloe's desk to pester her.

"So," The forensic scientist turned to Angeles, who was sipping his coffee with contentment. "How'd you two meet?"

"Well," Angeles tilted his head, biting his lip like he was carefully choosing each word before he said them. "We met when I was eighteen. I hadn't decided if I wanted to be a cop then, I was just helping my mother around the house because she was sick." He paused a moment before continuing, "Believe it or not, Lucifer wasn't always the well-liked person he is today- at least not then and there. I had ran into him before- or, well, Luke did and I had just met him by extension. I couldn't stand him and not because he's an asshole- though that played a part- but because I couldn't stand him."

Ella nodded slowly and spoke carefully, "If you couldn't stand him then how did you two end up together?"

Angeles frowned and blinked rapidly for a moment, "I guess it's when my mom died..."

The forensic scientist's eyes widened and she waved her hands at him, "I'm so sorry, you don't have to talk about this! I shouldn't have said anything!"

"No, it's okay," He chuckled. "It's always going to hurt to talk about her, Ella, not matter what. She was my mom. But back to the story," He cleared his throat. "When she died, Lucifer- He was the only one that let me cry..." At her confused look, he clarified, "In Michigan, at least then, it wasn't... Acceptable for a man to cry. You had to be strong, the leader of your family. Emotions were... Tedious. And unimportant." He shrugged, "I know, it's fucked up but my neighborhood was full of old farts, so it was kind of a given. Anyways, Lucifer listened to me and helped me get back on my feet when I realized I was all alone in the house with no one but Luke."

"So, he..." Ella tried to find the right phrase to say but only ended up with, "Saved you?"

"Yeah," Angeles nodded. "Luke, my father, was not the best parent, ever. He was probably the worst. But we're not talking about him. Lucifer became my first friend and, well," He shrugged. "One thing led to another and bam! We were together."

"That's... So sad," The forensic scientist felt tears building up and sniffed. "I'm so sorry, Angeles." She wiped her eyes quickly and smiled brightly at him, "Well, you got me now, and Chloe and Dan! We'll be your friends! We'll be your best friends ever!"

Angeles blinked at her in surprise before giving her one of the first genuine smiles she'd seen from him, "Thank you, Ella."

--

"Do you two know each other?" Chloe asked, her curiosity getting the best of her. She had watched as yesterday and now today as her partner gave Ella and Angeles coffee because the black-haired detective asked. Lucifer didn't do that for just anyone.

"Yes," The club owner nodded, balancing his chair on two legs as he waited while she completed paperwork. "We met in Michigan."

"When?" She wondered. She could never picture him in Michigan- not that there was anything wrong with the state. It was just that Lucifer was this larger than life character and it just seemed strange that he wouldn't be in the more well known places like New York, LA, or Miami for instance.

Lucifer bit his lip and shrugged, "When Angeles was eighteen. He's twenty four now."

Chloe noticed how he didn't give her a specific number of years but didn't deem it important. If Angeles was eighteen when they met and he was now twenty four, that means they met six years ago. It was a bit strange, she thought, because Lucifer's records only went back six years. It couldn't be a coincidence.

"Why must you know?" His eyes lit up, "Detective, are you jealous?"

"What? No," She shook her head. "I was just curious." She nearly sighed in relief when she saw Lucifer's ninja bartender enter the precinct with her bounty. She just knew that, if there wasn't a distraction, he would keep pushing the subject until the point where she felt like shooting him. "Maze is back."

Lucifer turned to look, "So she is. That was quick, barely even a day. Great work, Mazikeen!"

Maze turned to the Devil after handing over her bounty and smirked, "Of course. This chase was almost too easy for me." Her gaze wandered to past Chloe's desk and her eyes widened and a beautiful smile appeared on her face, "Angie!"

Angeles looked up from where he was leaning on his desk and caught the bounty hunter when she launched herself at him, "Mazikeen!"

Maze grabbed the detective's face and pulled him into a filthy kiss, not caring about anyone watching, and wrapped her legs around his waist. She felt one of his arms go under her to keep her up while his other hand went to her hair and she felt giddy when she could feel the strength hidden in the limbs.

Chloe gaped at them and only snapped out of her shock when Dan let out a surprised "What the hell?" She turned to Lucifer, who was looking on in amusement. He didn't seem at all taken aback by the make out session going on. "Do Maze and Angeles- I mean, are they-"

"Together?" He raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "No, they are simply..." He struggled to find the word for what he was thinking of, "Friends."

"Huh, well," Dan cleared his throat. "I think someone should stop them before they start taking each other's clothes off."

As if he heard them, Angeles pulled away from the bounty hunter and put her down, caressing her face with one of his hands, "Mazikeen, I didn't expect to see you here."

"Wherever Lucifer goes, I go," She replied as a matter of fact. "I'm a bounty hunter here. But, you- how-" For once, the demon looked to be at a loss for words, "We need to talk. Come on," She grabbed his arm and tugged him towards the exit, trying to hide her glee when the man allowed himself to be led away.

"I'll be back," Angeles said to Chloe, Lucifer, and Dan as he was dragged to the exit. "We have some... Catching up to do."

There was a moment of silence before Lucifer spoke, "$100 says they have sex."

"No way, dude, am I taking you up on that," Dan shook his head. "After what they just did, I'd be surprised if they didn't have sex."

"Yes, well, Angeles has always been fond of Maze," The Devil admitted. "I daresay he liked her more than me in the beginning before I changed his mind."

"Mmhm," Chloe nodded, smiling in amusement at her partner. "You changed his mind, I'm sure."

--

"How are you here?" Maze asked the detective after kissing him once more in the parking lot for about five more minutes, "I mean, I thought you died!"

"I did," Angeles nodded, running a hand through his hair. "But God decided to be a dick," He flipped off the sky. "And put me in a room in fucking Purgatory until he needed me, which was apparently six years ago."

"That was when Lucifer and I came to Earth," She crossed her arms in thought. "Maybe Amenadiel knows something about it..."

Angeles gave her a startled look, "Wait, did you say Amenadiel's here? Like, here as in here here?"

The demon dropped her hands to her side and said in an unsurprised tone, "Lucifer didn't tell you... Then that means he also didn't tell you about the bitch he's letting hang around..."

"No..." He looked wary and rubbed his face tiredly with one hand, "Of course he's hiding things from me. Who's the bitch?"

"I'll tell you but first," Maze grabbed the front belt loops of Angeles' pants and pulled him close to her, her lips less than an inch from his. "Let's go somewhere... Quiet."

A wicked smirk made its way onto his face as he lifted her up like she weighed nothing, "I know a place or two. Mazikeen, it's been too long..."

--

"LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR!"

Everyone in the precinct looked up, startled at the shout, and the man in question nearly fell off his chair in surprise as a stress ball that looked like the Devil hit his head. For a moment, Chloe could have sworn he looked terrified as Angeles stormed over to him but the emotion was quickly whisked away.

"Yes, love?" The Devil asked, looking up at the detective, "Is there something you need?"

"We need to talk," Angeles growled, his brown eyes flashing with anger.

"I would love to but I need to help the detec-"

"Now, Lucifer," The black-haired man grabbed the club owner's wrist, easily pulling him out of his chair without a single struggle. He must be stronger than he looked because Lucifer was no slouch.

"Right, of course," Lucifer nodded. "I will see you tomorrow, Detective," He said to Chloe, who was looking at him with wide eyes. "It appears that I am needed at the moment."

"O-okay," She said slowly. "You two have a... Good day?" Chloe didn't even know she was shivering until Angeles' eyes softened as he looked at her and gave her a smile. She didn't think the man could be so terrifying until now. He was like Lucifer in that way, she realized.

"Come on," Angeles manhandled the Devil out of the precinct, ignoring everyone who asked where they were going.

"Where are you taking me?" Lucifer asked warily, getting in the man's car. He had rode with Chloe to work in the morning so he knew he wasn't about to leave his corvette behind.

The black-haired detective glanced at him and answered shortly, "Lux. We're talking there, I'm not telling you where I live."

The club owner nodded, knowing that, if he complained, he would lose the argument. Angeles could stand toe-to-toe with the Devil with his silver tongue, "...Very well."

--

"What is it that you need to discuss?" Lucifer asked as he watched the human march up to his bar, grabbing a bottle of whiskey and drinking straight from it.

Angeles lowered the bottle and gestured at him with it, "You have been keeping things from me, Morningstar. When were you going to tell me Amenadiel was here- oh, and your mother?"

The Devil looked away at the mention of the two and put his hands in his pockets, "I was... Not planning to."

"Oh," The detective gave a humorless laugh and took another swig of the alcohol. "So, you weren't going to tell me that the goddess that nearly killed me is here in LA? What were you going to do if she saw me, if she tried to kill me again? If she tried to kill my friends?"

"I would not let that happen," Lucifer said immediately, looking at the man with determination.

Angeles sighed and rubbed his face with his hand, "I know you mean well, Luci, but you can't be by my side 24/7. Who's body is she in?"

"Charlotte Richards. Defense attorney."

His shoulders slumped, "Great, so she has a good reason to show up at our job too. This is why you should tell me about these things. How were you going to keep her away if she's a lawyer?"

Lucifer didn't answer since he didn't have one. He didn't lie so his silence told the detective that he didn't know how he would stop his mother. He turned when he heard the elevator ding and bit back a groan at who walked through.

"Lucifer, we need to talk," Amenadiel started the moment the doors opened. "I-" His eyebrows rose high when he saw the detective, "Lukas."

Angeles regarded the fallen angel with stony eyes, "Amenadiel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 158 14
In the beginning, the angel Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and condemned to rule Hell for all eternity. And now he is God. What does that even mean...
27.5K 424 10
⚠️Smut and fluff warning ⚠️ Chloe and Lucifer fluff and smut moving forward in their relationship
718K 25.8K 173
❝I'M LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR, I CAN PLAY THE PIANO AND I'M A FANCY BRITISH MAN!❞ In which I offer you gif imagines about your favorite Lucifer character...
1.8K 20 15
• Deckerstar's Happily Ever After • An alternate ending to S5 E16 of Lucifer and alternate storyline where Lucifer actually ascends the throne of Hea...