A New Wolf Life (Completed)

由 VedaPettigrew

Growing up with her parents, separate from a pack, Greta never suffered the misogynistic way of life, so norm... 更多

Prologue
Ch 1 - The First Rebellion
Ch 2 - The Collaring Ceremony
Ch 3 - The Silence Begins
Ch 4 - The Month Comes to an End
Ch 5 - The Meeting
Ch 6 - Five Starfish
Ch 7 - Base-Beta Jeremy
Ch 8 - A Little Pot of Tricks
Ch 9 - A New Understanding
Ch 10 - Secret Dance Party
Ch 11 - New Friends
Ch 12 - Is He ..... ?
Ch 13 - A Terrible Ultimatum
Ch 14 - My Male
Ch 15 - Jeremy's Punishment
Ch 16 - A Jaunty Monster
Ch 17 - Tail Biting is the New Flirtation
Ch 18 - El Suckador
Ch 19 - An Unwelcome Welcome
Ch 20 - The Challenge Begins
Ch 21 - Picnic Revelations
Ch 22 - Worth the Wait
Ch 23 - A Memorable Power Ballad
Ch 24 - A Piece of Heaven
Ch 26 - The Challenge Draws to a Close
Ch 27 - Three Ceremonies and a Righteous Rage
Ch 28 - A Horrifying Beginning
Ch 29 - The Scar
Ch 30 - Meeting With Dominic
Ch 31 - The Griffins
Ch 32 - Pack Meal Moments
Ch 33 - Meeting Beth
Ch 34 - Trouble in the Hallway
Ch 35 - Making Progress
Ch 36 - Joan's Secret
Ch 37 - Don't Bet with Sneaky Males
Ch 38 - Take Me Home
Ch 39 - In the Bubble
Ch 40 - Conversation With Ori
Ch 41 - Jet
Ch 42 - The Culprit
Ch 43 - Brogan's Expectations
Ch 44 - A Terrible Truth
Ch 45 - I'm Not Done
Ch 46 - A Visit to Black Lake Prison
Ch 47 - Losing Something Precious
Ch 48 - Surprise
Ch 49 - Hestia's Houseguest
Ch 50 - The Prisoner
Ch 51 - The Bet
Ch 52 - A Perfect Fluffy Day
Ch 53 - Juice
Ch 54 - A Golden Blessing
Epilogue
Thank you
Dominic and Greta Meet
Dominic Interrogates Amos while Greta Sleeps
Not an update - Sorry
Dominic Tells Greta About The Training Post

Ch 25 - Blame the Marshmallows

5.3K 324 116
由 VedaPettigrew

Copyright to VedaPettigrew

I sat bolt upright on his lap and looked him in the eye.

"If we have our mating ceremony here at the end of the Challenge, then you would be entering Black Lake as the fully fledged Luna Luna and no-one would expect you to prove yourself to the pack. The initiation would be moot."

Thoughts whizzed through my brain. Would I be ready for a mating ceremony by then? We'd only known each other such a short time.

But it wasn't like I would be able to go out and find another male for a mate.

But it took me almost three weeks just to be able to kiss him. Would I be ready for more so soon? No, I didn't think so.

But then, all my friends would be at my mating ceremony instead of a bunch of strangers and that was certainly appealing.

But, but, but. Too many of them floated through my brain as I looked at Dominic wide-eyed.

"What about Joan?"

He sighed and shook his head, "I'm not mating her too." I giggled and shoved him, which of course just made me fall back, he grabbed me and smiled before turning solemn, "I can't do anything for her."

Disappointment flooded through me. "I can't let her go through it alone."

"I want to go through with the ceremony anyway. All the important people we would be forced to invite are here already. Your friends and family will be able to attend. And best of all, I will officially be your mate, you will officially be mine."

"That all sounds wonderful, but it's so soon. I do want to be your mate, but there's so much we don't know about each other." I gripped his hand, hoping he would understand and not suffer hurt pride.

"We will be mating at some point eventually, it's designed by Ori. Why wait?" he frowned.

"Because, well, you saw how long it took for me to even be ready for a simple kiss," I blushed and dropped my gaze, "I won't be ready for more. Not by then."

He stroked my cheek, "I don't care. The kiss was worth the wait and certainly not the only thing I'm willing to wait for, but I'll be able to hold you at night. We could share a bed, I won't press you."

I held his hand against my cheek, "I like the sound of that."

"Me too," he leant in to kiss me chastely.

I squinted at him, "But going through the ceremony is serious. I feel like we would be rushing it because of the circumstances. Don't you?"

"No. I want to have an official claim on you, you have been walking around without anything on you to say your mine." His thumb stroked against the sensitive skin on my neck where my collar used to be.

"But everyone knows anyway," I reasoned, not wanting even a hint that I might get another one.

"I want more, I want to publicly claim you as mine. I need to know you are safe no matter who you run into."

My voice shook slightly as I questioned, "You want me to wear another collar?"

"No," he replied quickly and smiled as he leant in a placed a slow gentle necklace of kisses from one collarbone to the other. "I never want you to wear a collar again. But are you sure you're happy with an alternative? I can't let my beautiful mate walk around without anything on her saying she's mine."

"I'd rather have anything on me than the dog-collar. I cannot tell you how humiliating it is to wear one," I said earnestly before casting him a look from under my lashes, "You know, in the human world they wear rings."

"I'd be honoured if you would bear my initials. Would you be okay with that?" he asked sincerely.

I nodded eagerly, thinking of an engraved ring or necklace of some kind. "Of course." Anything was better than being treated like an animal.

"I'll make them beautiful like you, so you'll be proud to bear them." He kissed me softly and I hummed against him before leaning back slightly and speaking against his lips.

"Are you really stuck on the ceremony happening soon?"

I felt his lips move as he replied, "Yup."

I pushed down my feeling of doubt, "Okay then, if you're sure you're happy to wait for... you know."

He grinned and grabbed my head with both hands, pushing it back so he could meet my eyes. "I am. So are you saying yes?"

Ignoring my instincts I nodded. He started closing the gap without breaking the gaze, I let myself sink deep, lingering in the pool of affection I saw there. I could do this, even though I wasn't ready, I was willing to leap.

His lips bumped mine and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I loved the way they moulded together, softly wrapping together to create pleasurable sucking sensations between us as we pushed together then pulled back.

The softness of his tongue invaded my mouth and I gently sucked on it, wondering if he would like it the way I did when he did it. By his low groan and the way his fingers tightened, I guessed he did.

I slid my hands up his torso and looped my arms around his neck, pressing my body into his as he wrapped me in his strong embrace. Our tongues tangled together over and over again and I surrendered to the joy of being given a mate who wanted me as more than a breeder or to cement a business arrangement.

He wanted me. Just me.

"So, wait, let me get this straight, you're going to be having your mating ceremony?" Lacy asked incredulously.

I nodded.

"Here?" Sophie added.

I nodded.

"In two weeks?" Bee looked shocked.

I nodded.

"Wow." Kat's tone was more of shock than amazement.

I nodded.

"That's quick," Joan stated.

I nodded again. "I'm going to need you guys to help me please. I'm officially putting you on 'Team Preparation'."

"Of course. We wouldn't expect anything less," Lacy snorted, leaping to her feet. "Okay, I'm co-ordinator, everything goes through me. Bee you're on the dress. Joan, you're on the organisational details. Sophie you're on decorations and favours."

"Whoa, Lacy, slow down."

"There's no time to slow down. Two weeks people. TWO WEEKS."

I laughed at the frantic look on her face, "Well, the only invitations we need to send are to Dominic's family. The rest of Black Lake and all the other packs will be watching on special screens. All the people I need to come are right here in this room."

"Yes, but that's just one aspect. Where are we going to have it?"

"Dominic said he would get his warriors to erect a stage in the willow clearing. Each pack will be asked to provide something useful, Micah is organising that, so you might want to co-ordinate with him."

"What about flowers?"

"I think you put the right person in charge," I smiled at Sophie.

"But the dress..."

"We've all seen what Bee can do with a needle and thread. Are you worried, really?"

Lacy shrugged, "I guess not." Sitting next to me Bee turned pink and I hugged her shoulders.

"Joan will have everything sorted instantly the minute she starts. So right now, all I want to do is hang out with you guys. We can talk about it if you like, but let's stay together."

She dropped to her seat with a sulky look, "Fine." Barely a second passed before she jumped up yelling, "Food."

I laughed at her again, "I think there are plenty of Stone Mountain women to help with that."

Suddenly Kat leapt at her yelling a war cry, and knocked her to the ground. "I've got her, someone get a rope."

Bee giggled at Lacy's muffled but very indignant, "Ow!"

Kat sat up, not releasing Lacy despite her best efforts to shove Kat off. "Seriously guys, I wasn't kidding about the rope."

"You are not tying me down, now get off me you elephant."

"Who are you calling elephant?" Kat screeched, but Lacy was unrepentant.

"You, now off!" She made one last push and Kat toppled to the side, laughing hysterically.

"Well it's good to know you at least amuse yourself," Lacy humphed.

Kat made a rude gesture with her hand and pulled a face, trying to hold back the laughter we all saw buried in her eyes.

"Wasn't Felix impressive this afternoon?" Sophie, ever the peacemaker, changed the subject.

"I don't think Franco knew what hit him. It was certainly something to see," Lacy agreed. "I don't think there's ever been a match where the winner was determined before the actual fighting."

It was true, Felix had appeared on the field exuding authority and Franco in his wolf form had exposed his neck without even thinking. Of course he pulled it back quickly but everyone had seen it and could easily guess what would happen next.

Felix had literally taken a minute to have Franco's neck between his jaws, on the floor with nowhere to go.

So we had taken the opportunity to run away while everyone else was still watching slack jawed and were now all in my bedroom having a private party. Of course we had mindlinked both Marcus and Fiona our excitement and congratulations.

Suddenly Kat yelled something indiscernible and bolted from the room. We all looked at each other, eyebrows raised in question, but we all shook our heads, no idea what her plan was. We didn't have to wait long before she came running back into the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Guess what?" her smile was slightly crazed. We all looked at her and watched as she pulled something out from under her dress.

"Is that a bottle of cider?" Sophie's eyes widened.

Kat nodded, "The strong stuff. I figured we need to celebrate this moment, together. Two of us are leaving soon, one as a mated she-wolf. Who knows if we'll ever get to do this again."

We all looked at each other sadly, she spoke the truth.

"Okay, well if we're doing this, let's do it right," Lacy was certainly in a bossy mood today, I giggled internally. "We all go and get all the pillows and blankets from our rooms, Greta, you go get the music and prepare yourself for an invasion, 'cos none of us are leaving."

"Yay, sleepover," Kat screeched already heading for the door. The others all ran behind her as they did their impression of screaming teenage girls. I had to laugh at Hammer's slightly terrified expression when I left the room.

"What's going on Luna?"

"We're having an impromptu pre-mating celebration," I wiggled my eyebrows as I skipped down the hallway.

"What exactly is going to be happening?" he asked sternly.

"Oh, nothing much," I breezed as innocently as I could, "Just us gals, chatting, dancing and singing." I bounced down the stairs.

"Greta, a word in my office," Alpha Amos' hard voice reached my ears. I looked at Hammer who shrugged. Heart pounding, I went to see the man I had been working hard to avoid. "You won't be required protector," he snarled.

I didn't need to argue, Hammer responded, "Where she goes, I go."

"Not always, I know you leave her to hang out with her little group of rebels."

Hammer was immovable, not even offering an excuse, "Where she goes, I go." Alpha Amos glared at us both but had no option but to let Hammer enter the room. As we did, I saw Hammer pull out his phone and knew he would be texting Dominic.

"Yes Alpha Amos?" I stood in front of his desk, glad it was between us.

"Have you any idea what you have done to my life you ungrateful granddaughter of mine?" he started, keeping his voice light so it couldn't be deemed threatening. Hammer stiffened anyway and took a step closer.

"I know a lot has changed since I came here, but I won't let you blame me for your downfall."

"You have no say in who I blame, and blame you I do."

"We're done here," Hammer interrupted and started to usher me away.

"Until the official ceremony, she is still a member of Stone Mountain and is under law required to obey her alpha."

"You are not my alpha, you haven't been for a very long time, to be honest never really," I stated. "You can try and command me, see what it does if you like." I turned to leave with Hammer.

"STAY," he ordered but I didn't even break my step.

"See, no alpha of mine," I called over my shoulder.

"You have ruined me," he bellowed, "Destroying everything I have built up, stealing from me, yet you mock me?"

I whipped around, "Do you expect me to feel sorrow that women will no longer be raped without repercussion, because I don't. I am glad to destroy that. I'm just sorry that you ever thought it was okay. How could you be so... so..." I struggled to find the right word.

"I did what was best for my pack. I make no apologies," he sneered. "You have no idea what being alpha involves."

"Well isn't it a good thing you won't have to worry about it anymore." I marched through the door that Hammer was holding for me, stomped to the kitchen, grabbed the iPod and stormed upstairs.

Once I reached the door to my room I stopped to look at Hammer, "Is he coming or did you tell him it's sorted now?"

He shook his head, "He was going to, but it blew over so quickly he knew it was unnecessary. Are you feeling alright Luna?"

I blew out a sharp breath, "I'll be better once I spend some time with my friends. Hammer, I need you to do something for me."

He looked at me suspiciously, "What?"

"I won't be leaving this room again tonight." As he shook his head about to argue I stopped him, "I need this time, from tomorrow it's going to be so busy with finishing the rest of the Challenge as well as organising the ceremony, we won't get another chance like this."

"What do you want me to do," by his tone I knew he wasn't agreeing yet.

"I want you to sort it with AA. I've already messaged somebody to take over the rest of the kitchen duties. I just don't want to argue with him about not being at dinner. I need you to get these crazy omegas," I indicated the door through which came a lot of shrieking, "... out of it too."

His jaw dropped, "I'm not a miracle worker."

I gave him my most puppyish of eyes, "Please try. I know you keep AA updated on me still, you have the right kind of relationship with him to pull it off. PLEEEAAASSSEEE?"

He glared at me but I held my gaze, finally he sighed "I will try, but no promises."

I grinned, "YAY. Thank you Hammer, I owe you one."

"Fine, enjoy your celebration," he muttered hopelessly.

I bounced excitedly as I went into my room, locking the door behind me, "Alright then besties, let's do this."

Two hours later we were utterly out of control, the strong alcohol that none of us were used to, had completely messed with our heads and we were dancing like dizzy penguins around the room. Hammer, my new favourite person and apparent miracle worker, had texted about half-an-hour after I came back into the room, saying that although Dominic wasn't happy, he was allowing our absence.

That was the moment we opened the big bottle of cider.

The pillows and blankets were strewn around, making us trip over them as we danced, but no-one thought about moving them.

"I vote we never leave thishh room 'gain," Sophie slurred, "It's the best."

Joan bounced past me and twirled my hands, "It is. It sooooo is. Grets, can we stay forever?"

"Sure," I screamed happily, flinging my arms open, "Meeee carshaa aayyy suuu casssa."

"What you say?" Sophie wrinkled her nose.

Joan leant to her ear whispering theatrically, "She sshaaid, her houshe is our houshe."

Sophie started to pout, "But this is just a room. It doesn't count."

"Judge Lacy," I called, "Doesh it count?"

"Yuuup," she said happily, swinging herself around on Kat.

"Yayy, our new home," Sophie hopped up and down.

A loud and bouncy song started playing. "I lurve thish one," Kat screamed and started singing. We all joined in happily, I just knew the alcohol had improved my voice, no-one was laughing at me now.

Kat fell over and caused a pile-up as we all fell on her. It didn't stop us singing though.

"Why we on the phfffloor?" I asked suddenly, "I don' 'member."

"Kat made us all fall over," Lacy accused.

"It's Bee's fault. It'sh 'er pillow I fell on," Kat argued indignantly, waving a pink pillow in the air and batting us all in the face.

"No... It's.. Not." Bee spoke between pillow splats. "It's.. Greta's... Fault."

"Hey, don't drag me into this, Wah di I dooo?"

"You were the one who gave us such fluuurrrrffffyyyyy pillows," she said, grabbing the waving pink marshmallow and cuddling it to her. "Kat wouldna fell on our old flat pancakes."

"Yeah Greta," Kat joined in. "Ye giver of the ffluuffpphhh." She grabbed another pillow and snuggled against it.

"I luuurrvee the fluff," Lacy grinned.

"Me too," Joan sighed happily.

Suddenly a handsome face appeared directly above me, jaw ticking, "Heeyy," I whispered hoarsely to the others. "Did any of yooo know that Domnick c'n fly?"

I heard gasps of amazement as I saw his eyes close and his face contorting peculiarly. I stretched up my hand in slow motion, calling, "Nooo Dominic, don' fly wivvv your eays clozshed. You might crasshhh."

I heard some muffled laughter from the door and tried to lift my head to see, but someone had stuck it to the floor.

"Guys, bee careffol, there's glooo on the floor," I yelled. "Domniick, don' land, yeewwl get sticked."

I saw his body shaking all over, "Uh-oh, engine fayluure," I whispered and suddenly a snort erupted from his nose, though I saw him tensing his face up as if trying to stop it moving.

"Give it up boss," Hammer bellowed with laughter. "You've got to admit, this is hysterical."

I saw his handsome face break a grin. "Oh Domnickk yooor happy. I like happy mate. I wanna smoosh our lipss 'gain." I pouted my lips hopefully and closed my eyes, but immediately started falling and opened them in a panic.

"Carefool, the floor disshhapppears when you closze your eays." I reached up my arms, "Sshhave me flying man."

He shook his head as he scooped me up into his arms muttering, "I always will, even when I'm mad."

I gasped as tears sprung to my eyes, "Whooo mayd yoo mad?" I reached to stroke his cheek but somehow batted him in the eye. I searched my hand around until I found the right place then rubbed him. "Mmmm stubbubble, rwoawer. I luff the stbubble."

He looked at me, eyes warm and soft, "What am I going to do with you?"

"I KNOW!" I yelled excitedly, "I rember that, smossshhh mee," I puckered my lips and used my hand to try and pull him to my mouth but his neck wasn't long enough to bend to me. I sighed sadly, "Yoo should be a jeefraaffe." I frowned, "A giffraaff. No, a giffraarf."

I pouted crossly, stupid word wouldn't work properly.

"I think she means giraffe boss," Hammer said helpfully and I nodded vehemently then grabbed onto Dominic.

"Carefool, earfqwake."

He held me closer to him, "Don't worry I've got you."

I sighed happily and put my head on his chest, "Hhhmmm, sho big and shtrong." I rubbed my face into him like a cat. "I'm shoo luckeee."

"No," I heard him mutter, "That's definitely me."

Suddenly a thought hit me, "Whooo'll sshhave my frenss?"

"Don't worry, your friends are fine. Your protectors are on the job," his jaw ticked and I poked it.

"Sexy," I mumbled. I turned my head to see my friends all sitting, swaying on some chairs around a table and looked around in wonder, "Where are we?"

"Still in your room."

"But I don'av'a table in my room." My eyes widened, "Is it magic?" I whispered loudly peering around.

"No, I had it brought it up so you could all eat," he said disapprovingly.

I pushed out my bottom lip. "Don' be cross wi' me. I'm sowry."

He sucked in his cheeks shaking his head, "Why are you sorry?"

I shrugged, gripping onto him again. "Donno? But I like happy Domnick, not crossh Domnick. So I'm sorwy." I tucked my head into him again.

We went to the table and I clung onto him, "Don' put me down," I mumbled.

He kissed the top of my head and sat with me on his lap, I wriggled around to face the table, feeling his hands steady my waist. My friends were all looking at me grinning.

"Awww, you guys are shooo cuyute," Kat clutched her hands together under her chin and nearly pushed herself off sideways. She grabbed the table just as Kurt was about to catch her. "Yeah, you were right Gretsh, the grownd is shaykee."

I nodded seriously, ignoring the way Dominic's hands tightened around me. "I know."

A low growl rumbled behind me and I turned to try and see but ended up nearly dropping of Dominic's lap. He grabbed me firmly, "Stay still."

I patted his hands, "Good fing you can fly."

"Yeah," Lacy added seriously. "Good job Alphalpha, you saved Gretsha."

Another growl had me twisting my head. "Stop moving Etta, you keep falling," he grouched.

"But there's growling and I wanna see the puppy," I pouted.

Hammer dropped his head and started rubbing his cheek.

"Hammer..." Dominic warned.

"Sorry Alpha," he mumbled.

"Hmmm, why don't I believe you?" Dominic intoned sardonically. He rubbed my sides, "There's no puppy."

"Then who'sh growling?" I asked.

Sophie started jerking her head towards Dominic, and said in a loud stage whisper, "The Falfalfa."

"Oh," I slowly turned to face him, trying not to fall off, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Ar'y'ok?"

"Why is it now that I realise I love you?" he mumbled, "This beautiful, funny and yet horrible mess in front of me should not be the thing that tips my understanding."

"Huh?" I curled my top lip in confusion. "Too many words." But then two stuck out and I gasped, "You dooo?"

"Yes, I do," he cupped my face. "But I shouldn't. You're in a lot of trouble young lady."

Tears pricked my eyes, "You don'wan t'luf me?"

He gathered me in his arms, rocking me... At least I think he was rocking me. "I absolutely do want to love you. I'm just cross at finding you literally rolling around on the floor drunk."

I squinted at him, "But... but... the marshmall-mallallows made us."

He looked at me silently for a full minute and I nodded seriously so he understood. He shook his head, lips twitching, "Any idea Hammer?"

"Nope, but I will never forget this for as long as I live."

"You will also never speak of it to anyone outside this room." His voice sounded all full and big and made my tummy tingle happily.

I heard everyone say, "Yes Alpha Alpha." Well my friends tried but it came out a bit differently.

"My Falfa," I snuggled into his neck.

"No Ets, time to eat."

I opened my mouth wide, like a baby bird. I couldn't help it and added a small, "Tweet tweet."

Guffaws sounded round the room, all my protectors seemed to be struggling with something the way they were holding their stomachs. Dominic looked down on me, eyes examining my face all over and I smiled goofily.

"What am I going to do with you?" he sighed again.

"Alpha, may I say something?" Jasper asked. Dominic nodded curtly looking up. "I know you worry about propriety and what this display will make us think of Luna. But what Luna has shown us in this small time, even while intoxicated, is concern for her friends, loyalty and a little bit of hero-worship towards you, as well as trust in her protectors."

"I appreciate your input Jasper. But you're biased, I know you like your Luna."

"We all are Alpha," Kurt added.

"She's a really good female. She'll be a good Luna, whatever the others think of her."

"Alpha, you picked us for a reason, everyone in this room is impressed with your mate. We've all heard her saying good things about you and other Black Lake members," Hammer added and all the men nodded their agreement. "We know that she will serve us all well as Luna, doing her best for all of us. I, more than anyone, have seen that since I got here."

Dominic nodded gravely but my stomach started rumbling so I tried to move the whole thing along, I poked the underneath of Dominic's chin and when he looked at me I opened my mouth wide, "TWEET."

He shook his head with a smile, kissing my forehead. He stretched his arm to the table and picked up a forkful of food.

All my friends picked up theirs as well and carefully put food into their mouths, trying not to stab themselves. I smugly opened my mouth and let my male feed me, I didn't need to worry about stabbing myself.

Life was good.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

52.5K 2.5K 9
Everything I ever had and known was taken away from me. My family, my life, my identity, everything. Alpha Kannon was the main reason for it. He tort...
1.1M 42.1K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
694K 22.4K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...