Secrets, Socials, and Seigaku

Por starkidwannabe

Clair Brown is a four teen year old girl who's been following her heart all her life. She's witty, smart-mout... Mais

Secrets, Socials, and Seigaku
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42

Chapter 38

2K 75 10
Por starkidwannabe

The crowd busted out cheering as I attempted through fatigue to walk off the court with a smile on my face. “She did it! Clair did it! That was awesome!” Horio shouted from the sidelines as he jumped up and down in excitement.

“She didn’t lose one point after that! She’s so cool!” Tomoko joined in her pigtails jumping up and down along with her. “One day I’m going to be as good as her! No, I’ll be better!” I couldn’t help but smile at Tomoko’s affirmative promise.

“Clair!” I turned to the overly energetic voice. Kikumaru jumped at me before I could blink and in seconds I was tackled to the ground by a friendly hug. “That was so cool! Your serves were awesome! And that one forehand swing was too cool! And–“ Kikumaru stopped talking when he heard Oishi chuckling from behind him.

“Kikumaru,” Oishi started, pointing down at me, “I think she needs air.” Kikumaru looked down at me as I struggled for breath beneath him.

“Ah!” Kikumaru shouted in surprise, his blue eyes widening, “Sorry! Sorry!” He apologized shuffling off of me. I laughed as beads of sweat trickled down my head on the clay ground.

A pair of sneakers were beside me waiting patiently mkaing me look up. “Great game, Clair.” Fuji said hanging over me with a smile, this time a genuine one. His cerulean eyes sparkled with joy.

I grinned back. “You should smile like that more often.” I commented idly as I stretched out on the ground. I saw his eyes widen momentarily before a more serene look came onto his face.

“Ah.” He acknowledged softly.

I sat up and wiped some sweat from by brow. “That was so much fun!” I said more to myself.

A shadow overtook my form and blocked out the sun. I looked up to see our team captain holding out a helping hand for me. “Well done.” He said with his usal lack of expression. I blinked before I felt the blood rush to my face. I had a feeling that compliments from the Captain were rare.

I reached for his hand with a stupid grin. “Thanks, Captain!” I told him with a bright smile. I tucked a stray hair behind my ear before he pulled me up. I marveled at how easily he brought me to my feet and he stared as if contemplating something. I quickly realized my hand was still wrapped around his and we both pulled our hands back to our sides in equal acknowledgment.

 Momo interrupted before I could say anything more to Tezuka. “Hey, what was that out there?” Momo asked me with his hands on his hips and a slightly peeved look lazing in his eyes.

“What was what?” I asked confused.

 “You could have beaten him easily and you wasted all that time letting him win five games?” He shouted at me in annoyance. “It’s hot out here! You should have just ended it and we could have gone for sushi quicker!” He whined.

I smiled before shaking my head and shrugging. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was just trying to keep up in the beginning.” I smiled knowingly at Momo. “But good thing I turned it around at the end, huh?” I told him with a barely innocent smile.

Momo deadpanned and looked as if he had figured out a complex math equation. “You’re as dramatic as Echizen, you know that?” Momo said off-handedly.

“Oi!” I swatted at his form “Don’t compare me to him!” I shouted at him.

“You still have a long way to go.” I heard Echizen say from behind me.

 I quickly turned and snapped at him. “Say that to my face, runt!” I yelled at him attempting to chase after the cocky freshman. Momo and Kikumaru quickly came to hold me back.

“Whoa there, Clair! Let’s not kill our teammates!” Momo pleaded.

“It’s fine! Inui can replace him! I’m sure no one will mind! He’s so small in the first place that it’s like he’s not even here!” Echizen prickled at the last comment and sent me a glare, which I happily returned.

“Stop now or fifty laps around the tennis courts come Monday.” Echizen and I froze and looked to our Captain who was staring down at us menacingly.

I huffed and relaxed. Kikumaru and Momo cautiously let me go. “Yes, Captain.” I replied pouting.

“Yes, sir.” Echizen replied as well.

“Come on everyone!” Taka interrupted with a grin. My bet was he was hoping to relieve some of the tension when he said, “Let’s all go to my place for some sushi!” If that was his plan it worked because everyone seemed to perk up at the offer.

“Yes! Sushi always taste better after a game!” Kikumaru cheered with his usual grin. “Race you Oishi!” He tagged Oishi before leaping off the court and assumedly running towards Taka’s restaurant. Oishi quickly tailed after Kikumaru trying to slow him own and get him to wait for everyone else.

“Oi!” Momo shouted after Kikumaru. Momo turned to Kaidoh. “Wanna race, Snake?” Momo asked mockingly. “Not like you could beat me, but I’ll give you the opportunity.” Momo said with a conceited shrug of his shoulders.

“What’d you say?” Kaidoh growled out. They quickly ran off chasing after Kikumaru; bumping shoulders as they went.

“Um, Taka?” He turned at my call.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t you think you should be there to open up the restaurant? Otherwise they’re just going to cause a ruckus outside your house.” I asked him thoughtfully.

He stared at me with a tranquil smile before what I said started to register. “Ah!” He shouted loudly, His once serene state of mind now shattered by his overzealous teammates. “I have to hurry after them! Dad will kill me if I bother the neighbors.” Inui, Fuji, Tezuka, Echizen, and I watched as he ran off after them.

“Please, don’t tell me we have to run there too?” I asked no one in particular. After chasing after Mizuki’s shots I was quite tired myself.

“I would hope not.” Coach Ryuzaki’s voice rang out from behind us. She put a hand on my shoulder. “You did a good job today, Clair. You too, Ryoma.” She told him with a smile.

Echizen turned away and pulled his cap down further. “Whatever.” He commented.

“Hey, be grateful brat.” I said, kicking his leg a bit. He glared back at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. Childish? Maybe, but effective nonetheless.

“It’s fine, Clair.” She said waving it off. “I will see you all Monday after school.” She told us with chortle.

Fuji quirked a brow. “You’re not joining us, Coach?”

Ryuzaki smiled. “Not tonight, Fuji. But go enjoy your winnings. I’ll see you all later.” She said with a wave before walking off.

“So…” I trailed off. “Food.” I brought up bluntly. Echizen snorted. “Shut up, midget.” I remarked quickly.

We walked off the court silently. It had been a great game today. I couldn’t remember the last time I have had to run around the court as much as I did; much less win against someone as cocky as Mizuki. I looked around me at my new teammates and smiled. Seigaku was a good school to attend. God forbid I had picked a school like Hyotei or St. Rudolph instead! But, the best part was that I knew somewhere that this was only the beginning. There would be so many more games I would be able to play with all sorts of tennis players and I was more than excited for that to happen now.

As we turned a corner we were met with all too familiar navy uniforms. “Good game, Clair.” I looked up at Tachibana in surprise. So, he stayed the whole game? I looked at his team behind him. They were all stretching or wrapping new grip tape around the spindle of their rackets. Why are they doing that after practice though?

“Oh, thanks.” I replied slightly nervous. “You didn’t have to stay the whole game.” I told him, looking down at my feet for a reason I couldn’t distinguish at the moment.

“Stupid.” The irritating voice barked from behind Tachibana. “We’re playing next! You just happened to be here.” Kamio told me snidely with a fierce glare.

I bristled at the information and quickly abolished any misunderstood thoughts. “Hey,” My eyes narrowed, “Shouldn’t Shinji have you on a leash or something?” I retorted. I watched as he succumbed to his anger. “You’re talking out of turn here. Clearly someone needs to teach you manners.” I told him mockingly.

“Why you–“ Tachibana held a hand up quickly silencing Kamio.

At the same tame Tezuka gave me a hard look. I swear his glasses were magnifying glasses that only increased the intensity of his stare. I looked to the ground quickly. “Sorry, Captain.” I said quietly.

He was silent. I looked back up at him and his glare lightened. I froze for a moment at the new, almost happy look on his face. I was working on smiling back at him when I heard, “Ten laps.”

I deflated instantly. “Yeah, but Cap­–“

“Twenty laps.”

I tried to speak again, but cut myself off immediately, not willing to risk the chance of more cardio. “Yes, Cap.” I responded dejectedly. Fuji put a hand on my shoulder sympathetically.

Kamio snickered from behind Tachibana. “That goes for you too Kamio. Twenty laps after your match.” His captain commanded.

Kamio looked up, shocked at his order. “But–“ Kamio was quickly silenced with a glare.

What were with Captains and their glares? Geez. “Anyway,” I continued, “I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn’t know you had a match today.” I told Tachibana.

Tachibana refocused on me and seemed to solidify whatever thought he was having and continued with a kind smile. “Ah, but your game was enlightening to watch. I assure you we would have stayed anyway to watch.” He said courteously.

I tried to contain my embarrassment over the huge compliment from a Captain of another an opposing team. “Oh, thanks.” I told him, trying not to let a blush completely overtake my face.

I faintly noticed Inui snap open his notebook to write something down as he mumbled my name.

Fuji stepped forward and smiled politely at the team. “Who are you playing today?” He inquired.

Tachibana would have replied, but cheers had started and taken all of us by surprise. The familiar chanting put me on edge. “Oh, please no.” I said under my breath.

“Hyotei! Hyotei! Hyotei! Hyotei!” The repetition continued, and if anything the chants got louder.

My eyes narrowed as I thought of the Captain of Hyotei’s tennis team. “Do you know who specifically you’re playing against?” I asked Tachibana curiously. The answer of what team they were playing against having already been answered.

Tachibana met eyes with me and shook his head. “Unfortunately not, but it makes no difference. We’ll be seeing you at the Kantou Tournaments.” He said unquestionably.

Echizen smirked. “We hope to see you there.” He said mysteriously before walking past them. Echizen rested his racket over his shoulder and pulled his white cap down over his eyes.

“Oi! Brat! He wasn’t done talking to you!” Kamio yelled to him as Echizen carelessly walked away with his racket in hand. I shuddered at how I was about to shout something of the same caliber at Echizen myself.

Tachibana watched as Echizen disappeared from his sight and smiled amusedly. “We look forward to playing with you again.” He closed his eyes in thought.

“Fudomine and Hyotei players! Please make your way to the court at once!” The announcer called jovially over the loud speakers.

We watched as the Fudomine players gathered up their stuff. “Don’t let your guard down.” Tezuka told Tachibana. I smiled at his friendly advice.

“Of course.” Tachibana replied. He started to follow with his team.

“Tachibana!” I called before he could leave. He turned around with a small look of surprise on his face. “I wanted to apologize for earlier!” I divulged honestly. “I know most American idiosyncrasies don’t exactly transfer over to Japan. So sorry about…earlier.” I said slowly. Hoping he would remember the incident when I kissed him without having to say it out loud.

Tachibana smiled at my coy mention. “Don’t worry about it. I didn’t mind.” He said bluntly. I looked up at him as he smiled at me…He didn’t mind? “I hope we play again soon Clair. Make sure you don’t hold back next time.” He told me as his eyes softened slightly.

I paused before smiling in return. “I won’t!” I told him excitingly. Playing tennis with the team Captain! I was living the dream! I waved as he walked away to go up against Hyotei. My thoughts quickly jumped to Atobe. We had better leave before I ran into him too. I don’t think I could deal with running into so many team Captains in one day.

“Well, guys,” I said with a clap of my hands, “Are you ready to–“ I drifted off as I saw their faces. “–go?” Fuji and Inui looked surprised for once. Tezuka looked vaguely surprised as well, but who knew what was actually going on in that head of his. “Um, guys?” I asked again confused with the sudden change in mood.

“Clair.” Tezuka started with his usually calm tone. Though his face didn’t exactly match his voice at the moment.

“Hm?” I replied.

Tezuka wore a look that I assumed to be slightly puzzled. “I wasn’t aware you were on such good terms with Fudomine’s Captain.” He commented openly.

“Oh.” I said. What was I supposed to say to that? “Um, I guess we’re kind of close.” I told him honestly. “This is only the second time I’ve met him though. I wouldn’t exactly say we’re friends or something…” I trailed off thinking about the situation myself. He had helped me out earlier. Surely he didn’t do that for no reason. That was something a friend would do. I watched as Fudomine made their way to the courts and caught the back of Tachibana’s head. Well, there was no use in pondering about it now.

“You two seem very close.” Tezuka’s deep voice knocked me out of my reverie. We looked at each other and I wondered what he was turning over in that head of his.

I shrugged. “I don’t know what to tell you guys. He’s just…” I trailed off looking for a word. “Easy to relate to I guess?” Inui quirked a brow at my poor explanation. “I guess that doesn’t make sense since I know nothing about him.” I said with a nervous smile. “Sorry.” I said. No one made a move to comment. “Um, so, shall we make our way to sushi?” I asked nicely. My stomach yearned for food and my instincts told me that this conversation was anything but normal.

They all nodded. “One last thing.” Inui asked me as we started to walk side by side.

“Sure.” I told him, looking at the hoards of Hyotei fans around us. “Did you really play a game with Tachibana?” Inui asked me. His pen was out and the tip was resting against his notebook. He was ready to write down details of the possible game. I thought back to earlier when I had rallied quickly. Tachibana was right. I hadn’t given our little service rally all of my attention. It still felt like I was breaking a rule or something by going all out. But next time…

“No.” I answered him plainly. “Not really.” We all walked out of the tennis courts together and enjoyed a nice celebratory dinner as a team.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

189K 5K 24
Zafeíri Lemieux is a sixteen year old girl. Seeing that she's not rich, she hasn't been many other places other than France, where she was born and r...
101K 2K 61
Ryuki Echizen. A 14 yrs. old tennis pro who's father is a Legend tennis player named Nanjirou Echizen. Hunted by her dark past, she decided to leave...
76 0 11
Just a story about Keina after she moved from Tokyo and became a new student at Karasuno High. She's moved after her parents' accident then lived wit...
6.9K 209 11
This is a story about a Shinigami girl. Her father is Satan a god of death and her mother was his weapon. Her name was Angel and she is god's daughte...