The Hate You Give

By c0cA1nE

"I thought you hated me." "Whether I love or hate you, you still stay on my mind." {COMPLETED} More

Confrontations
Confessions
Indecisive
Truth
You and Me
Jealous
Ouch
Don't Mess With My Girl
After
Perspectives
Obsessive
Cataclysmic
Questions
Confusion
Abuse
Wake Up
I'm Sorry
Its Okay
Strife
Coco?
Another Lifetime
Making Amends
NEW BOOK
What Deal?
Explanation
I Love You Too
Surprise
?

Rejection

548 25 7
By c0cA1nE

Enjoy peeps!

Kehlani's POV

I was laying down in bed when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and saw it was Hayley who was calling. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone groggily.

"Hey Lani, you busy?" Hayley asked. She sounded excited.

"Uh no but my phone bout to die so whatever you gotta say make it quick." I say, picking my phone off my ear to look at the battery percentage.

"Damn you really need to learn how to charge your phone Lani."

I smack my lips and let out a dry laugh.

"Man whatever. I'm just tryna sleep and your head ass decides to call me so what can I do for you?" I turn over on my back.

Hayley laughed and I could tell she moved the phone closer to her face cause I could hear her breathing.

"Uh well I have some news about Y/N." She said, trying to sound as emotionless as possible.

"What?!! I'm on my way just give me-" I got cut off when Shaina ran in the room and jumped on me.

"Baby get off the phone would you." She shouts.

"Man stop calling me that you weird bro."

"You know you like it." She responded, pinching my cheeks.

"Mhm." I say sarcastically as I throw her off me.

"Aight Hayley look, I'm on my way just give me ten minutes." I said, getting out of bed.

There was no reply.

"Hello?" I asked.

Still nothing. I pressed the power button a couple times and when my phone didn't turn on, I concluded that it was dead.

"Shit." I said under my breath as I pulled a shirt over my head.

"Baby where you going?" I hear Shaina ask from behind me.

"Stop fucking calling me that. I don't know how many times I done told your ass but you're starting to piss me off." I grabbed my shoes and started putting them on. I felt Shaina crawl across the bed as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You're cute when you're upset." She whispers in my ear. I shrug her off of me and stand up.

"I'm about to be fucking gorgeous." I grab my hoodie which happens to still be covered in Y/N's blood. Shaina tried to wash it out but only got out as much as it would let her.

"Why are you so upset? I was just playing." Shaina sits up in the bed and threw a pillow at me. I let it hit the ground before looking back up at her.

"My girlfriend is in the hospital clinging onto life. Hayley called and said she had news about her. What does that even mean? What if she's dead?" I shouted, hot tears welled up in my eyes and I turn away from her.

"Hayley probably heard that you called me baby. So she's gonna think we're together and that I gave up on Y/N. Why are you so fucking childish?" I try to wipe my tears away but that only cause more to fall.

"I'm sorry." Shaina says without emotion.

"Just leave me alone." I say, walking out the room.

"Hey Lani I said sorry." Shaina says chasing after me.

"Fuck off." I reach the front door and slam it after I walk out. A couple seconds later the door opens and I hear Shaina yelling after me. She grabs my arm and forces me to face her.

"Okay hold up. One, I said I'm sorry ok? Calm your tits. Second, you don't be slamming doors in my house. You don't be paying the bills around here."

I almost laughed at her statement but held a straight face.

"Last time I checked, you don't either." I ripped out of her grip and made my way to Hayley's house. I would walk to the hospital but it's a bit of a walk and I don't have money for the bus, an Uber, anything. I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head quickly made my way to Hayley's house.

10 minutes later

I was out of breath since I ran half of the way here. My breath came out in white puffs as I gathered myself. I raised my fist to knock on the door but it swung open before I could come into contact with it. Hayley stared at me with cold eyes. I automatically knew why.

"Look I understand why you're upset. Just give me a minute to explain please." I begged. Hayley just made a gesture with her eyes that said to continue.

"Okay. I was laying down at Shaina's house and then you called which is why I sounded so sleepy. You said something about Y/N and I was saying that I'd been on my way in 10 minutes. But Shaina jumped on me and said that shit and then my phone died." I pulled out my phone as proof that I wasn't making this stuff up. I see Hayley ease up a little bit but she quickly tensed up again as she shot a question at me.

"Why were you at Shaina's house in the first place?"

I paused. I didn't want to talk about this but I knew I had to tell someone eventually. If I stayed quiet, it would only confirm Hayley's suspicions. But how would she react if I told her?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Hayley is cool. I have to be honest with her if I want to get to Y/N.

"Uh...my dad. He did some stuff to me and I don't feel safe or comfortable at my house so Shaina let me crash at her place." Hayley raised an eyebrow but didn't look convinced.

"What kind of stuff did he do to you Kehlani?" She folded her arms and leaned against the doorframe.

I hesitated before answering. I could already feel the tears coming back.

"He raped me." I say quietly, letting a tear fall down my face. I quickly wipe it away and look down and suddenly I'm wrapped in Hayley's arms. The warmth was welcoming since it was so cold outside. Hayley pulled me inside and closed the door behind me.

"She's in my room. Go get her." Hayley says in my ear. My eyes widened when she said that. "Wait she's here?" I ask shocked. Hayley nods, gently pushing me towards the stairs. I walk downstairs and into Hayley's room to see Y/N on the bed with her face in her hands. Her back was facing me. I slowly and quietly walked in front of her and kneeled down. I placed my hands on her thighs.

"Y/N? Y/N baby please look at me. I understand why you're upset but I can explain everything. Just give me a chance please." She didn't say anything so I continued.

"Listen, I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Hayley. I was asleep at Shaina's house and Hayley called. She said she had some news about you and I jumped up. I tried to say that I'd be here in ten minutes but I got cut off when Shaina jumped on me. Next thing you know, my phone is dead." Y/N still didn't reply. I heard occasional sniffling and I sighed at how bad Shaina fucked things up for us.

"You're probably asking why I was at Shaina's in the first place just like Hayley did but I was there because I don't feel safe at my house. My dad did some pretty horrible things to me when I got sent home from the hospital. I didn't know what to do so I went to Shaina's. I went there just for a place to stay for a couple days. I'm sorry that it seems like I cheated but I could never do that to you. Y/N I love you so freaking much it hurts me to see you in pain. I blamed myself for you getting shot. I still do. I'm still trying to figure out the license plate so I can find the pieces of shit that did that to you. For fucks sake Y/N, I'm wearing your blood. You mean so much to me and I never ever mean to hurt you, even if that means hurting myself to do that. I'd do anything for you. Please just...say something baby. I need you. More than you'll ever know." The tears were streaming down my face now. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I finally got to see my girlfriend not on the brink of death and she doesn't even want me. She didn't say anything for a while and I took that as a sign that she wanted to be alone. I sighed shakily and stood up.

"Whenever you're ready Y/N. I'll wait for you." I kiss her cheek and walk back upstairs. Hayley looks up from her spot on the couch.

"Well? What did she say?" She asked dropping the remote next to her.

"Nothing."

"What did she do?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"Nothing." I replied again, heading for the door.

"What are you doing? Where are you going?" She got up and followed me to the door.

"I'm letting her have her space. I told her I would wait for her. As long as it takes. As far as where I'm going, I have no clue." I stepped outside and Hayley stopped me.

"Please don't. It's below freezing out there."

I gave her a small smile before hugging her.

"Thanks for looking out but I'll live." I walk down the driveway and onto the sidewalk.

"Tell Y/N I love her." I yell back at Hayley. She nods and closes the door. I shiver and bury myself deeper in my hoodie. It doesn't help though. I decided I'd go to the park and figure out what to do from there.

5 minutes later

I found a bench to sit on. It was cold and didn't show signs of warming up from my body heat.

What should I do? What should I do? I'm sure Y/N's completely done with me but I hope she still knows that I'd give the world for her. I meant every word I said.

I sat on that bench for a long time just thinking.

My entire body was numb due to the cold to the point I couldn't really move. My breath came out in jagged huffs. I felt myself slipping into darkness and the last thing I remember was hitting my head on something hard.

How was that chapter?

Is Kehlani okay?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Don't forget to smile babes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 32.2K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
79.8K 2.6K 26
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...
1.7M 98.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
174K 7.9K 104
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...