Destined to Unite

By Galacticwriter05

Have you ever thought that your whole life could change on the day of your birthday? Well, for Katherine it d... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Update
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

131 4 2
By Galacticwriter05

I wake up with a smile on my face. Its my eighteen birthday! I have been waiting for this since.....one day after I was seventeen. I get up from bed and change into my new outfit that I bought with the birthday money my nana sent me a bit early. I love my nana. She so soft and kind and gives warm hugs. Like Olaf! Except she's not a snowman. Back to my outfit.

I'm wearing dark blue skinny jeans with a black tank top and a bright purple kimono. For accessories I have a simple bow ring, bow studs and my favorite purple digital watch. Oh and for shoes I'm just wearing these really cool Aldo flats. My outfit is quite simple for my birthday, but that's how I like it. I went to my bathroom and washed my face. Then I brushed my teeth while pretending I was a dog that had rabies. After that I styled my curly wild mane like I always do and did my makeup. It was just some powder, blush and little bit of mascara to bring my eyes out a bit more.

I opened my door and this delicious aroma slapped me in the face. "FRENCH TOAST!!!!!!" I screamed as I ran down stairs. When I got in the kitchen my dad was flipping some french toast in the skillet and my mom was putting down a stack of french toast that was literally a foot tall.

"Morning Katherine, happy birthday!" my dad greeted me while smiling. My mom came and gave me a big bear hug. "Awwww I can't believe my baby girl is 18. You grew up so fast." She started sniffling a little.

"Mom, don't you start crying on my birthday."

"I'll try. Here take a seat and enjoy your birthday breakfast." She pulled out a seat in front of the stack of french toast I mentioned earlier. I sat down and just when I was about to put some of that glorious food in my mouth, the doorbell rang. "Ugh! I'll get it.". Who dares interrupt my heavenly breakfast. And who visits a house at 7 o'clock in the morning? "What?!" Well that came a little to harsh.

"That is no way to greet your big brother even on your birthday."

"JEAN!!!" I jumped on him and gave him a huge hug. I love my brother. He is my third favorite person in the world, after my parents of course. "You didn't tell us you were coming." I stated while he walked inside carrying his bags, a present and me.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise." He grunted. Did I mention he was pretty strong.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." He managed to get out while letting me and his stuff down. "Hi cutie pie!" my mom chirped out happily while giving him a motherly hug.

"Mom! I'm 20 years old. You should stop calling me that." He whined. He hates it when mom calls him that. I tease him all the time about it.

"Yeah, that will stop her. Welcome home son." My dad laughed out knowing that no matter how much he complained she wasn't going to stop. Jean and I  don't look alike, apart from our brown hair. He looks more like mom, with their hazel eyes and tan skin. I look more like my dad, with our caramel skin and green eyes. But something I got from mom that he didn't was her wild curly hair. Also, he's very tall. He's about 6'3. I look like a minion next to him, even with my 5'5 frame.

Jean points at my stack of french toast and asks "Oh, is that for me? Good, because I'm starving!".

"No, that's mine! This one is yours." I pushed a plate that mom had served him as I protected my own plate. He settles down right next to me and we start munching down all of our french toast. I love french toast! Its my favorite food. Its just so warm and fluffy.

"Mmmmm, thanks dad!" I moan out.

"Your welcome sweetheart. Hey Jean, did you bring what I asked you to get?".

"Oh, yeah I almost forgot. Here Kathy this is from all of us." He gave me the present that he was carrying earlier.

"Aw, thanks guys!" I diged inside the bag and I couldn't believe my eyes. "Oh my God! You guys got me an instant camera!" I screamed of joy. "We are glad you like it." my mom giggled while smiling.

I have been wanting an instant camera for a long time. I love taking pictures because I can just look at them and remember all the happy memories that I never want to forget. 

"Family Bear Hug!!!" Jean screamed and they all squished me in a Katherine Bear sized sandwich. "Guys.....can't.....breath." I croaked out. Thank God they stopped hugging. Even though I love hugs, I knew they didn't want to see all the french toast come out. "Let's take a family selfie." I suggested. "Say Cheese." I took the picture and it came out amazing. I glanced at my watch and saw that I was going to be late for school.

"Bye guys! Gotta run!" I rushed out of the kitchen, grabbed my book bag, got in my yellow convertible Volkswagen and drove to school.

*********************************************

When I arrived I parked at my usual parking space and walked over to my locker. Along the way people congratulated me on my birthday.

 I'm not very popular, it's just that I can practically be very good friends with a cheerleader as well as  with a goth kid. Here at Hearst High School everybody knows everybody. Pretty much nobody is forgotten. Everybody is nice but we do have a few mean girls and players.

When I arrived at my locker I saw that my best friend Lina was waiting for me. Lina was leaning against my locker, her wavy blonde hair in a high ponytail. She was wearing some high waisted jeans with a sheer pink blouse tucked in and some light pink converse. She was wearing some turquoise eye liner that made her blue eyes pop.

 Lina and I have been best friends since second grade. We just connected instantly. She's like the sister I never had. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Happy Birthday you crazy unicorn!"she chirped giving me a huge hug. I'm getting a lot of hugs today. "Awww, chucks." I said while making a funny face. "I got you something." she taunted me while waving a little bag in front of my face.

"What is it?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Are you reeaa-"

"YES, I AM VERY SURE!"

"You don't have to be grumpy about it" she mumbles handing me the little bag. I scoff at her and dig inside the bag. Inside there is a little box and when I opened it there was a necklace with a heart shaped pendant with our initials on it. "Oh Lina, I love it! Thank you" I squealed out and gave her one of my famous hugs.

The bell rings and we go to our home room class. School passes by quickly and before I know it I'm meeting Lina at the parking lot.

"So since its your birthday, I was thinking that we could go to the carnival to celebrate."Lina suggests while looping her arm around mine and walking in the direction of our cars.

"That sounds divine! At what time shall you pick me up?" I say with a fake British accent. "Is 7:30 alright with you my darling?" she says playing along.

"Its perfect. Toodles!" I respond as I get in my car and drive home.

*********************************************

"DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!!!" my brother shouted at the TV as he killed zombies in his favorite game 'Call of Duty: Zombies'. I hate that game its just so stupid. It doesn't involve skill. I prefer real games like Mario Kart or Just Dance.

 "Jean, can you turn it down a bit?!" mom yelled through the sound of guns that invaded our whole house. Since he didn't listen, i got up and turned the volume down. "Hey! Why did you do that?" he screamed at me.

"Because I don't want to end up with a def family." I said loud enough so he could hear.

"You are just jealous of my mad gaming skills." he teased while flexing his biceps.

"Oh pl-ease, I can beat you at any game." I scoffed at him. "Oh yeah, then I challenge you to a zombie killing duel!" he said while handing me a controller.

"Bring it!"

*********************************************

(2 pizza boxes and three and a half hours later)

"No, No, No, No, NOOOOOO!!!"

"Ha ha I WIN!!!" I yelled while doing my awesome happy dance.

"I can't believe you just beat me in my favorite game. And you had never played it!" Jean cried in disbelief.

"I am the queeeeen of video gaaaaaames!" I sang all trough the family room. When I saw the time it was already 7 o'clock. "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed as I ran to my room. I undressed and jumped in the shower and did all the things I had to do in there as fast as I could. I dried my body and picked out what to wear. I just went with some black high waisted jeans, a slightly cropped bright pink shirt from the Bethany Mota collection, my bright pink high tops and the necklace Lina gave to me. I also took my favorite black side purse so I could take my instant camera with me. I left my hair natural and did my normal makeup routine. I heard a honk and figured out that Lina had arrived so I rushed down stairs.

"Where are you going?" asked my mom just when I was going to open the door. Darn it! I forgot to tell her I was going to the carnival. Now she probably won't let me go. "Uh, I'm going to the carnival with Lina." I said with a nervous smile.

"Ok, have fun." she chirped while giving me a kiss on the cheek and returning to the kitchen. I was a little dumbfounded but Lina's honks brought me back to reality and I all but ran to her car.

"What took you so long?" Lina asked as I got in.

"I forgot to tell mom I was going somewhere. You ready?" "Always!" she responded.

And with that we were of to the carnival.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" 

Hi everyone!!!

This is my first story and I'm pretty excited. I hope you all enjoy. Sorry for any grammatical errors but my main language isn't English. 

Keep on shining,

Galacticwriter05

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 58.7K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
25.4K 803 42
❛ 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❜ ⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the broke...
182K 7.3K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...