A Shot in the Dark - Train He...

By SoraAndNoir

~NOTE 10/31/15: Massive edit is underway~ Falene Dawn found herself living a life of murderous intent after h... More

Prologue
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13

Chapter #14

637 20 8
By SoraAndNoir

Falene

It wasn’t very long until you reached the kitchen door. You could hear movement inside and you cautiously entered holding Ares at your side. Ren turned to you as you entered and his expression morphed into relief.

“What’s your blood type?” He asked. You blinked at the randomness of the question.

“O.”

“Thank god.” He said exasperated. You cocked your head to the side.

“Why? What does that have to do with anything?” He shook his head ignoring the question and gestured for you to follow him. “We don’t have a lot of time.” You followed Ren into the living room at a brisk pace and then froze when you entered. Bookshelves and dressers covered the windows blocking any prying eyes from outside and the front door was locked and barricaded by wooden beams. In the middle of the room was a mattress from one of the bedrooms that they had brought for Train to lay on. He was breathing heavily and his skin was sickly pale with dark circles framing his eyes. A blanket half covered his body and he trembled slightly with each raggedy breath.

“My god.” You whispered walking to his side. You crouched down next to the mattress watching him sadly. His eyes fluttered open and shifted tiredly to yours. He half smiled, a seemingly trying task in his current condition.

“Hey there, baby girl.” He mumbled making you smile slightly.

“I’m not going to sugar coat it. Train…you look like shit.” You said and he chuckled but it quickly turned into a coughing fit. You subconsciously reached out and grabbed his hand. He glanced at it for a second and then his eyes landed on the blood that was still on your arm. The actual wound had stopped bleeding but the blood was still there.

“You’re hurt.” He said pulling his hand from yours to reach for the wound. You slapped your hand back over his and forced it back to the bed.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.” You said. “Just a little scratch.”

“I’ll look after that when I’m finished with this, Falene.” Ren said from his work setting some kind of medical crap up. You nodded though you weren’t even vaguely interested in your condition. You were sure you would survive a small shot in the shoulder. You had been through a lot worse than that.

“Do me a favour.” You said bringing Train’s eyes back to yours.

“Don’t die?” He asked.

“Don’t sleep.”

“What?”

“Just stay awake, okay? I need you…to stay awake.” He smiled and closed his eyes squeezing your hand.

“You could have just stopped after ‘I need you.’” He joked. You leaned forwards pulling his hand to your lips and gently kissed his fingers.

“That too.” You said looking back to him. Even in his current situation, he seemed more interested in the fact that you had basically just outright said you needed him rather than the whole ‘kinda dying’ thing. Ren came to your side with a set of medical equipment that looked like it was meant for a blood transfusion. You glanced away from Train to the set up.

“Luckily, you and Train have matching blood types so we can do the blood transfusion.” Ren started to set up a needle. “I know you hate needles so how do you want to do this?” He asked swabbing your free arm to sanitize it. You turned away and locked your eyes on Train’s.

“Just do it.” Ren hesitated briefly and then you felt the tip of the needle pierce your skin. Your heart started pounding and your hands trembled as you tried to remain calm. You had issues with needles but it had to be done. You wouldn’t let Train die.

Your eyes slowly opened being greeted by Train’s chest. Not a bad way to wake up. You slowly looked up and seen Train was fast asleep, one arm bent under his head and the other draped over your torso. His breathing was so much better now. He didn’t look nearly as pale and the circles around his eyes were nearly gone but he still didn’t look quite like himself yet. You smiled up at him and then shifted your weight to move away. Your one leg had been crossed over top of his and you thought you must have done it in your sleep. You blushed at the thought and carefully unwrapped yourself from him.

You silently and gracefully set your feet down off the bed and rose to an upright position. Looking around you could see Yokuto curled in a ball on the loveseat. He was a liability. He needed to learn how to operate a gun and fight back or he needed to get the hell out of here. You didn’t need another mouth to feed or another heart to keep beating. You rolled your eyes at his uselessness. He was Miyu’s friend so you would talk with her about the situation later. Your mind went reeling back to the crazy, white haired shrimp and you looked around. Ren was at the front door keeping an eye on things and Eve was at the side door.

Where were Miyu and Sven?

You slinked forwards still a little wobbly from the blood you lost and peeked through the kitchen window. Eve noticed you and looked at you with that uninterested expression she always wore.

“Has Miyu come back yet?” You asked without looking at her.

“No.” She said and then looked back through her window. You felt your jaw clench.

“Has anyone gone looking for her?”

“Sven did.”

“That was a long time ago.”

“I know.”

“Why has no one else gone?”

“Lack of man power.” You sighed and checked to make sure you had your gun.

“Fine, I’ll be back.” You grabbed the handle of the door but Eve pushed her hand against it keeping closed.

“You can’t go.”

“Why not?” You asked turning on her. You were never very good with kids and it didn’t look like this situation was going to be any different.

“Because Train still needs another transfusion, maybe a couple more. You need to be nearby for when that time comes.” She said. That made sense but it didn’t make you any happier.

“If I can’t go someone else needs to then.”

“We don’t have enough man power.” She repeated. Your blood boiled and you stormed back into the living room. Train seemed to sense your anger even in his sleep because he shifted under his blanket and sat up looking at you. You passed him, your eyes locked on Yokuto’s sleeping figure. He was peaceful…but not for long. You grabbed him by the back of his collar and threw him off the chair to the floor. That woke him up.

“Wha—What’s going on?” He stuttered frazzled by your lack of compassion. You picked him up by the front of his collar and raised him to his feet.

“If you’re going to be here, you’re going to pull your own weight.” He blinked at you. “Either that or leave. We don’t need extra baggage to carry.”

“Falene.” Ren said unhappy by your rudeness.

“I’m sorry. My best friend and Sven are out there in a forest of rampaging psychos and I can’t leave to find her cause my boyfriend needs my blood to stay alive. So I’m sorry if I’m a little edgy about a freeloader passed out when he does nothing. He needs to earn his keep.” You exclaimed glaring at Yokuto.

“Boyfriend?” Train asked and you glanced at him your mouth opening but no sound coming out.

“Uh…Well…I—Ya see…” You violently shook your head. “I don’t have time to deal with my choice of wording right now! Come on!” You grabbed Yokuto by the elbow and pushed him forwards “What do you wanna do? Do you wanna brave the crazy or stand guard?” Yokuto looked at Ren for help but he just shrugged coming to terms with your decision to make him work.

“I guess I’ll stand guard.” He said of course picking the less physical work.

“Great, you need to learn how to operate a gun.” You pulled out your extra gun and handed it to him. He pointed it at you as he examined it. You put your hand on the barrel and pushed it down. “Never point a gun at someone unless you intend to kill them.” You said sternly and he nodded. “If the clip is empty—”

“Clip?” He asked and you paused looking at him. He didn’t even know what a clip was.

“It’s what holds the bullets. If the clip is empty, push this button.” You pushed the mag release button and caught the clip as it fell. “And insert the new clip into place.” You pushed the clip back in and a click was heard. You pulled the choke forwards and then slid it back into place. “The gun is now armed.”

“Where’s the safety button?” He asked and you smiled. At least he knew most guns had a safety on them.

“My guns don’t have a safety switch. They are always lethal so make sure you are always aware of who is around you. Now all that’s left is point and shoot.” He aimed his gun up at you again and you ducked. The bang rang out and zipped through where your head had previously been. “What the hell are you doing?!” You yelled punching him hard in the gut and ripping your gun from him. He dropped to the ground coughing. “I just told you there’s no safety and don’t point your gun at someone unless you want them dead! Do you want me dead?!” He continued to cough holding his gut.

“I thought you were joking about the safety button.” He struggled to push the words out. Your eyes turned to slits and you sighed. This was going to be harder than you thought.

Miyu

You, Sven, and Miaka were just inside the tree line looking at the safe house. Falene had warned you that if she seen Miaka she would likely kill her. She sat crouched under some of the brush while you hmmed and hahed about how to convince Falene to not kill her. Sven was idly smoking a cigarette keeping a close watch on the two of you. You tapped your finger on your chin and looked at him.

“I don’t know how to convince Falene.” You said concerned. Falene was a difficult woman and it was even worse when she was seeking vengeance. There was nothing that stuck out in your mind that would hold Falene off from reeking havoc on your little sister. Sven puffed on his cigarette and you watched him feeling your stress boiling over. You stared at the cigarette pondering the thought.

“No.” Sven said and you looked away from the cigarette to him.

“What?”

“I know that look. You can’t have one.” Your mouth turned to a pout and you crossed your arms.

“And why not?”

“It’s a bad habit.”

“So? You do it.”

“Yeah and I’m telling you it’s a bad habit. So, no.” You rolled your eyes and looked back to the house.

“I’ll just buy my own when we get out of this then, you butthead.” You muttered and then stood up straight. “Screw it! I’m just going to go talk to her and tell her that I need her to be cool with Miaka’s presence. You two wait here, okay?” You stomped forwards determined and headed for the side door. You seen Eve looking at you in the window and you waved. She smiled and then unlocked the door and opened it, letting you in. “Hey, Eve. I’m back!”

“Good thing too. Falene is losing it.” You blinked at her.

“What do you mean Falene is—”

“YOU IDIOT!!” Falene’s voice erupted from the living room and your eyes turned to large white circles.

“Oh.” You said and walked forwards. Falene was standing over a cowering Yokuto on the floor using what looked like a leg from a table as a weapon.

“HOW DO YOU NOT GET IT?!?! IT’S THE BASICS!! IT’S LITERALLY THE EASIEST PART OF LEARNING HOW TO USE A GUN!!” She screamed at him beating him with the leg. He was holding up a large book that was taking the brunt of the attack but he looked like he was about to cry. “I AM JUST TEACHING YOU HOW TO RELOAD THE GUN!! IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT YOU DUMBASS!! PULL YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!” Train got up quickly and picked Falene up around the waist with one arm and tugged the leg away from her with his free hand. She wildly swung her arms and legs trying to get at Yokuto with angry white circle eyes but Train had a firm grip on the little fireball. He sat back on the bed with her in his lap and hugged her tightly around the waist as she reached with both hands for Yokuto like she was going to strangle him.

You noticed Train was looking a lot healthier now so you must have been right about Falene’s blood type. Unfortunately though, you could tell he didn’t have all his strength yet and holding back an angry Falene seemed to be hard for him to do in his condition.

“Falene, calm down. You’re hurting Train.” You said and her head snapped to the side to see you. Train smiled and rested his chin on her shoulder thankful for your presence and bringing awareness to the fact that he was in pain. She looked at him as if just realizing she was in his lap then turned enough to kiss his cheek and broke free from his arms to come to you.

“I’m glad you’re alright. Where are Sven and the blonde shithead?” She asked looking passed you for them.

“They are waiting outside until I convince you to not kill her.”

“Well then they are going to be waiting for a long time.” She said turning and storming back to Yokuto. He cowered with the book again but she just picked up her gun that he had discarded to the side and turned away. She was clearly trying to teach him to be useful. “By the way, this one.” She pointed at Yokuto, who instantly hid his face behind the book. “Is not cut out for this world. He can’t take it; he’s too…soft. He doesn’t belong here.” You looked at Yokuto and he looked back at you with sad eyes. You knew she was, of course, correct. She was always right about these things even if it wasn’t blatantly obvious.

“Falene, he’s my friend. I’ve known him since—”

“Miyu,” She cut you off and you looked at her. “He’ll die here.” You sighed but didn’t say anything more on the subject. She started walking by you and you followed behind her.

“Where are you going?” You asked on her heels.

“I have some unfinished business to take care of.” She said cocking her gun. You ran around in front of her and plastered yourself across the door.

“Falene, stop!” You said and she raised an eyebrow at you.

“Miyu, what are you doing?” She asked exhausted by your constant interference.

“I can’t let you kill her.” She put a hand on her hip and her mouth pressed together into a line.

“’Let’ me kill her?” She asked as if you could really stop her.

“She’s my sister. Would you kill yours because of what she’s done?"

“Yes.” You bristled at how quickly and assuredly she had answered. She didn’t hesitate or think it through. She was willing to kill her own sister. So how important were you then? She seemed to be able to read your thoughts and continued. “My sister isn’t really my sister. We never had that close of a relationship and we never really cared about one another. By blood we’re related but I barely know the woman now. As far as I’m concerned she is not my family. You, on the other hand, that’s a different story.” You raised an eyebrow. “You have been more like a sister to me than my ‘real’ sister has ever been. If you were in her position, I doubt I’d be able to pull the trigger.” You smiled at that. You had never seen her unable to pull the trigger. When she wanted someone dead, they were dead. That’s why you were so concerned about Miaka’s safety now.

“Falene, I understand you don’t have a good relationship with Kotori but I always used to have a very good relationship with Miaka. She was sent to kill me and I gave her the opportunity but she couldn’t do it. I’m asking you to give her a chance. Let her redeem herself.” Falene’s eyes were hard as she looked at you calculating the best choice. Logically, the best choice would be to kill her and not take any chances and you could see that her mind was about to be set on that choice. “Falene.” Her eyes pulled back to reality and really looked at you.

“I don’t trust her.” She said straight out. You nodded.

“I’m not asking you to trust her.” You put your hand to your breastbone (if you don’t know, that’s literally the middle of your chest). “I’m asking you to trust me.”

“Auggh!” She said exasperated closing her eyes and putting a hand to her forehead looking away from you. “Not the ‘trust’ card!”

“Please Falene.” You added giving her puppy dog eyes. She looked at you briefly and then spun away.

“Not the eyes, Miyu!” You whined lightly and she stomped her foot. “Fine, whatever! But if she steps one toe out of line, she is dead!” She called back at you over her shoulder as she stormed into the living room to sulk.

“Yes.” You whispered in victory.

“Miyu.” She called stopping you again. You looked back at her curiously. She had become serious again. “I’m sure that I can trust you. But are you sure you can trust her?” You thought for a moment but she walked away not giving you an opportunity to answer. You kept that thought at the front of your mind and ran out the door to tell Miaka and Sven the good news.

Falene

You sat down on the bed next to Train and then fell backwards to lie on your back. You let out a long breathe and put the back of your hand to your forehead. You didn’t trust her and letting a potential threat stay near you and your friends was not something you were comfortable with. You sighed and then opened your eyes, greeted by Train hovering over you. You jumped in surprise by his close proximity.

“What are you doing?” You asked starting to push yourself up. He didn’t move and you came to a stop when you were only an inch or two away from his face.

“What are you doing?” He asked with a little smile. You raised an eyebrow.

“I was going to try to relax but I’m thinking you have something more fun in mind?” You said with a seductive smirk.

“Perhaps.” He said leaning in slightly to kiss you.

“Oh, please god no.” You heard Ren mutter and you rolled your eyes at him.

“We’re kidding.” You called and then collapsed back down to the bed.

“Speak for yourself.” Train joked and stood up stretching. You heard the side door open and instantly jumped up standing protectively between the living room entrance and Train. Sven walked in first with Miyu by his side and Miaka trailed closely behind her instantly looking in your direction. Sven watched you waiting for some kind of reaction and Miyu noted that you were intentionally putting yourself between her and Train. You glared at Miaka who looked intimidated and frankly, a little frightened.

Train sat back down but you didn’t budge watching Miaka like a hawk. You were uncomfortable. Every fiber of your being was screaming for you to make her leave or end her life. Sven took over Ren’s watch at the front door while he came to you and Train to start the next transfusion. Your eyes never left Miaka and she squirmed under your gaze.

“Falene, relax.” Miyu said trying to get you to chill out.

“Relax? Yeah, right.” You scoffed at the idea and kept your hand on the grip of your holstered gun. Ren nudged your arm, gesturing for you to sit down. You did as instructed still watching Miaka. Miyu looked at Train clearly asking for his help. Surprisingly he assisted by grabbing your chin and turning you to face him, planting a deep kiss on your lips. It was the first time you had broke your gaze away from Miaka and after a second you clued back in and pushed him off. “Traitor!” You exclaimed pointing at him. He laughed and shrugged as Ren put the needle into his arm.

“Sorry Miyu, I tried.” He said leaning onto his free arm, his hand planted behind you. As Ren moved to your arm with the next needle you looked away and pushed your face into Train’s shoulder trying to force the thought of the needle out of your mind.

“Apparently Ren succeeded.” Miyu laughed and Train leaned his head against yours.

“Shut up Miyu.” You mumbled.

 ...::: To Be Continued :::...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.4K 26
a paige bueckers story.
132K 4.7K 38
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024
280K 12.6K 36
ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
974K 32.4K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...