What I Really Look Like (Envy...

By katpad01

Not technically a one shot, but not long enough to be a full story. There will be 3 parts For some reason, D... More

What I Really Look Like (1/3)
What I Really Look Like (3/3)

What I Really Look Like (2/3)

1K 25 0
By katpad01

(Envy POV)

Envy had found out from Lust that Dante was gonna dispose of you soon. She was gonna take your body for herself in an act to make her live longer.

Envy couldn't have this. So he marched right up to Dante's room to give her a peace of his mind.

Envy burst into her room, not bothering knocking, giving the young woman a fright. She was reading a book at a small table that sat by the window.

She got up from her seat and smiled, although there was no emotion in her eyes.

"My, Envy, you sure did give me a fright." She smiled. "What can I do for y-"

"Cut the chit chat, Dante." Envy interrupted.

He marched right up to her, getting up in her face. "I'm pissed off and you're the reason why."

Dante's confused, innocent face didn't falter. "I'm not sure what you mean, dear. I don't think I've done anything wrong."

"Stop acting like nothing's wrong!" Envy growled. "You're planning on stealing (y/n)'s body, aren't you!"

Dante's face became cold. "Why would it matter to you. You haven't even spoken to the human."

Envy suddenly looked nervous. He tried to play it off, but Dante noticed.

"Or...have you?"

"I don't think that's any of your business." Envy snapped back.

Dante suddenly became very angry. "You have! Haven't you!"

Envy avoided eye contact, not saying word. This only made Dante more angry.

"I told you not to associate with her! You are practically the embodiment of pure hatred! You've sullied her!"

Envy, clearly offended by Dante's words, said. "I have done no such thing and you know it!"

Dante wasn't listening.

"How did you even manage to look at her without me finding out!?"

Envy didn't answer.

Dante's eyes were filled with rage. "ANSWER ME ENVY!"

Envy gave her a side eye and breathed deeply. "We've been meeting up at night."

Dante groaned. "And do what?"

"We talk. Just talk." Envy admitted. "But I don't mind it. (Y/n) is nice and easy to talk to. I never get frustrated."

Dante laughed. "This sounds like a cliche love story! Let me guess, you've gotten so close that you've fallen in love with the human and are upset that I'll be taking her body for my immortality!"

Dante was clearly being sarcastic, but Envy smirked and said. "Spot on..."

Dante's eyes went wide. "No..."

She chuckled nervously.

"That...that's not even possible! Homunculi can't love!"

Envy groaned. "I knew you'd say that! You always tell me and the others that whenever we feel any kind of human emotion!"

"Because it's true!" Dante argued. "What you're feeling can't be real!"

"But I know what I feel for (y/n) is real!" Envy explained. "I have been the happiest since we started talking and because of this I can't let you hurt her!"

"I need a new human body to inhabit or I will die!"

"Then find another human! Just not this one!" Envy pleaded. "Please, Dante, I love her."

Dante groaned and pulled at her hair. "Don't say that! Homunculi can't feel love!"

"But that's how I feel!"

"Envy! It's basic textbook fact. You. Can't. Feel. Love!" Dante said.

"Well, I'm beginning to think that's complete utter bullshit!" Envy admitted. "If I was capable of feeling emotions when I was human, I am perfectly capable of feeling them now!"

Dante froze. "What did you say...?"

"I'm perfectly capable of feeling emotions!"

"No...Before that." Dante said. "When you were human...Envy...you were never human."

"What are you talking about? Of course I was!" Envy said. "I was human! I was your son!"

"DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT!" Dante screamed.

Envy flinched, taken back from her sudden outburst.

"I know you hate it when I say that..." Envy said quietly, looking at Dante's enraged face. "But I really was. I have all the memories from it."

"You are just a mere copy." Dante said coldly. "Nothing more."

"But how can you be sure?!" Envy cried out. "For the first 18 years of being human, I can remember all it! Everything you ever said to me! Everything I ever did! Heck-"

Red sparks flew around Envy as he changed form into a young man with long blonde hair.

"-I even remember what I looked liked!"

Dante stared at Envy in shock. She said nothing as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Turn back right now." Dante whispered, holding back her rage.

"No." Envy's voice became a whole lot deeper. "You need to see this and realize who I am!"

"I SAID TURN BACK RIGHT NOW!"

Dante clasped her hands together as tears fell rapidly down her cheeks. A symbol appeared on the floor underneath Envy's feet. Before he could move, he fell to his knees and began to gag and cough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 36.3K 77
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...