Fall and Winter

Oleh GreenArrow0811

Sequel to Qrow's Cold Winter -a RWBY fanfiction- story picks up exactly where Qrow's Cold Winter left off and... Lebih Banyak

Fall and Winter Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

228 9 0
Oleh GreenArrow0811

Fall and Winter Chapter 4

As the end of Winter's pregnancy grew closer, so did the danger. The tribe had to move again and again. Winter had heard of the attacks happening in Atlas. She was concerned. As she reached 8 months, Winter's worst fears came true. She had just finished her training and went back to her tent to write. When she began feeling sharp pains, Winter called for Marta to help.

Winter: Marta, Marta, Please come help me!

Marta: What is it Miss Schnee?

Winter: The baby, something is wrong.

Marta helped Winter lay down on her bed.

Marta: Let me check you out and you try to stay calm. You are having contractions. It is probably just false labor but I will check to be sure.

Winter: Is my baby ok? It is too early isn't it? Will my baby be ok?

Marta: Calm down, calm down Miss Schnee. I will take good care of you and your baby. She checks Winter and finds she is in real labor. She is a bit worried but tries not to show any concern.

Winter: Marta, what is it?

Marta: It looks like the baby is in a bit of a hurry to make an appearance. Your baby is coming Miss Winter.

Winter: No, no. Oh, oh, I wish....I wish he was here! I wish I had told him! No, no, this isn't right... She cries and Marta tries to console her.

Marta: Miss Winter, you will see. Everything is going to be fine. You relax and just let me get you everything you need ok? I must go and get help but I will be right back ok?

Winter: Please hurry.

Marta: Yes, ok. Stay calm. Marta went to Raven right away. Miss Raven the baby is coming! I need others to help. Please come Miss Raven! Marta asked a couple of other women to help. She gathered everything she needed to deliver a baby. Raven went to Winter right away.

Raven: How are you doing?

Winter: I'm scared! Raven, I want him. I wish he could be here.

Raven: What can I do? Do you want me to get him?

Winter: NO! NO! Please don't leave me.

Raven: This may take a long time, are you sure?

Winter: Yes. What is happening in Atlas? Do you know anything?

Raven: The city has taken heavy damage. I'm sorry that is all I know.

Marta and Raven did what they could to make Winter as comfortable as possible. Marta gave her some pain medication and Winter fell asleep for a bit.

Raven: Marta, I have to go. Let me know when she wakes up or if you need anything. When Raven left the tent she called her chiefs guards together. I need extra security tonight. Whatever happens, do not let anyone get to Miss Schnee. I want two people outside of her tent all night. Find me at the first sign of trouble. Raven didn't want Winter to know how serious the danger was. She knew that Salem had people looking for her and she knew they would eventually find her. She had moved the tribe to try to stay ahead to them but this was no time for another move.

By morning, the baby had arrived. Winter was weak and tired but pleased that her baby boy was healthy. While she slept that morning, Marta took care of the precious newborn. The relief over the healthy child turned to panic when the bandit camp was discovered. Salem's army had found them! The battle was on. Raven and the bandits fought to keep them from invading the camp. For a while, they were able to keep them outside of the camp. Raven knew they would not be able to hold them off much longer.

Winter: Marta, Marta! What is that? I hear something. What is going on?

Marta: They found us Miss Winter. We have to go now!

Winter: Where is Raven?

Marta: Miss Schnee there is no time. I have to get you and your baby to safety.

Just then Raven enters; she is bloody and has been injured but her wounds are not bad.

Raven: They're gone! We have to get you out now before more arrive!

Winter tries to get up but can't. She is too weak and groggy from her medication. She is in severe pain and unable to stand.

Winter: I can't. Raven, you go! Please take the baby. Please don't let them get him.

Raven makes a portal, takes the baby and disappears.

In Atlas, the grimm attacks have caused major damage but suddenly stopped. No one knew why but everyone was cautiously waiting for the next shoe to drop. After three months without any word from Winter, Qrow went to Ironwood to learn more.

General Ironwood: I'm sorry but military missions are classified. I can't tell you anything. I am sorry that Miss Schnee is upset and worried about her sister but I have no news to pass on.

Qrow: You must know something? Tell me, how long has it been since she last reported to you?

General Ironwood: I shouldn't be telling you this but, Miss Schnee is no longer reporting to me. She resigned.

Qrow: What!? What about this mission she was on?

General Ironwood: Well, I did assign her a mission but, there was no need for her to leave. I told her that all I needed was a location and I would have someone else handle it. She insisted that she must have a leave. I granted her a short leave. She wanted more time and when I refused she resigned.

Qrow: When?

General Ironwood: About three months ago.

Qrow: Why didn't you say anything before?

General Ironwood: Atlas military business is classified. I had no idea that she had not contacted her family.

Qrow: And before she left, what was she working on?

General Ironwood: That is classified.

Qrow pulls his sword: This could be a matter of life or death. Don't tell me it's classified! What did you get her into?!

General Ironwood: She was trying to locate the Fall maiden.

Qrow: That's it?

General Ironwood: Yes, what are you going to do?

Qrow tosses his head back and flicks his hair back: Well, General, that's classified. Qrow leaves without another word.

After meeting with Ironwood, Qrow was even more worried. He didn't know where Winter could be but he knew who she might be with. Qrow knew that a search for the Fall maiden would probably lead Winter to Raven but he did not know where Raven was. Since the battle at Haven, Raven had kept her whereabouts well hidden. He had even heard that her tribe had moved several times in an effort to avoid being discovered. Perhaps, Qrow thought, that could explain why Winter's letters had stopped. Was Winter with Raven and the bandits? If so, did she stay there willingly or was Raven holding her because she knew the truth? Qrow knew that if he was to locate Winter, he would need to find Raven. He tried for weeks to find a location for Raven but each time, he was too late. Every location he discovered had been abandoned. Qrow was discouraged but determined. He had to know what was going on. As it turned out, Qrow didn't have to find Raven. She found him.

Qrow was still asleep that morning when a portal suddenly opened waking him. Raven appeared as though she had been in a terrible fight. She was bloody and injured. Qrow jumped when he saw her.

Qrow: Raven? What are you doing here? Are you injured? Let me help you.

Raven: No, not me. Then Qrow saw that Raven was carrying something in her arms. She had a small bundle wrapped in a blanket. She handed it to Qrow.

Qrow: What is this? A baby? Raven what is going on. Is this your baby?

Raven: I don't have time to explain. Don't worry about me, I will be fine just protect him. Here, she says, handing him a stack of letters she had snatched when she took the baby. I have to go back.

Qrow: No, Raven wait. Whose baby is this? Where are you going? Let me come with you and help you.

Raven: No! Just protect him. He's yours. Then Raven disappeared into a portal as quickly as she had entered.

Qrow: Doctor, doctor! Qrow burst into Dr. Watson's office with the baby.

Dr Watson: What do we have here?

Qrow: Doctor, is the baby ok?

Dr Watson takes the baby from Qrow: Oh my! What happened?

Qrow: I don't know. Is he going to be ok?

Dr Watson: Yes. I am just puzzled. Where is his mother? He is only a few hours old. He is a bit premature but he should be fine. I will give him everything he needs. You can trust him with me.

Qrow: Doctor, when Winter left, was she ....

Dr Watson: I don't suppose the confidentiality applies anymore here, yes, she was. Don't worry, I will take good care of your son. Go and find her. This child will need his mother.

Qrow rushes out of the room. He goes back to his own room looking for clues. He notices the stack of letters that Raven left him. He picks them up and begins to examine them. Half of them were addressed to Weiss. The others were all to him and had Winter's special seal on the back. One by one he tore them open. These letters were different than the last one he had received. This time Winter was pouring out her true feelings as though she might not ever get the chance to reveal them in person. At first, Qrow had been angry with her for keeping so much from him but as he read, he began to understand Winter's feelings. As he read the last letter tears filled his eyes, he knew he had to find Winter!

Dear Qrow,

It has been so long since I've seen you. I really wish that I could tell you everything in person. It won't be long now and things are so complicated. The truth is we are going to have a baby. I am scared Qrow. This wasn't something I planned and with the threat of Salem's attack looming, I thought I could protect our child by leaving but Salem is everywhere, even here. If we were living in a peaceful time, I would have told you. I was wrong to keep this secret for so long. I was afraid of others finding out and afraid of how you would react. All I want now is for all of us to be together as a family. Please be safe. I love you.

All my love, Winter

Qrow took the letters addressed to Weiss and left them where she could find them. He went out searching. He reached out to his contacts. He asked about the most recent attacks. He compiled a list but there were over a dozen locations he would need to check. Qrow could hear Raven's words in his mind over and over: just protect him. He's yours. He could imagine Winter saying the same thing. He finally went back to Dr. Watson's. He knew that Winter was right when she said that Salem was everywhere. As much as he wanted to find her, he had to protect their son and the others.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
23M 804K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
1.1M 37.7K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...