Battle of Hearts

Door purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... Meer

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2

5.8K 271 26
Door purplebeach

Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part-2

Cameron let go of her hand for a few minutes to go and change the song that was currently playing. But Ally was in state of panic. She didn’t know she had to do so much work just to get revenge from him. Haley gave her a suspicious look from the corner of the room but she simply nodded to let her know everything was under control which was not true.

Suddenly the party song playing in the background stopped and everybody in the room started booing.

“Couples huddle up to the dance floor.” A boy who was responsible for music announced. She watched as boys hesitantly asked girls to dance with them. The whole room went silence for a while. She looked through the crowd to search for Cameron. She watched as he emerged from the crowd with a smile on his face. A romantic song was now playing in the background.

She rolled her eyes at the song he chose to play. It was called ‘Not a bad thing’. “What a choice, Miller.” She remarked. He smiled triumphantly in response as he took her hand and led them towards the corner of the dance floor.

She was really nervous now. She didn’t know how to slow dance and it was even harder to do it with him. She was only depending on the share of romantic movies she had seen in her entire life. She hoped to have grasped certain things about slow dancing from them.

She placed her hand on his shoulder and he slowly placed it on her waist. Then he lifted their hands to her shoulder level and starts swaying them to the beat of the song. They maintained a good distance which she was thankful for.

“See it isn’t that hard. You just have to lose yourself to the song.” He softly said to her. She smiled; it wasn’t that hard at all. She simply had to sway her body to the music. She didn’t pay much attention to the lyrics of the song as she was more focused on her dancing. She didn’t want to embarrass herself especially in front of him.

“But you know, you have to look at your partner.” He whispered. She realized that all this time she had been staring at the graphics of his t-shirt. Damn it. And she thought it was easy. She feared looking at him. She was sure it wouldn’t be good once they stare into each other’s eyes.

The movies had taught her that slow dancing always ended with two people passionately kissing each other and the next thing you know they are waking up next to each other the following morning. She didn’t want that kind of ending, not with him.

She might have zoned out because he tightened his grip on her waist and pulled her slightly closer. She stumbled forwards almost hitting his chest. “Look at me.” His husky voice demanded. She was terribly nervous now. She could feel the heat between them. It was like a strong force that ruined her senses.

Before she knew what she was doing, she slowly lifter her eyes and met those amazing eyes she had avoided to look into for a while. Her heart beat started picking up and she unknowingly moved more close to him. She had lost her self control.

He kept his eyes on her the whole time and his thumb started caressing her back. Their face was frantically closer now. And for the first time she didn’t mind. The time seemed to slow down and she didn’t know what was happening to her.

Long gone were thoughts of vengeance. They were replaced with emotions she had never felt for him. It made her feel good at that moment. Just being there with him emerged a pool of feelings she didn’t want to acknowledge.

He let go of her other hand and place it on her waist. Now both of his hands were on her waist and hers on his shoulders. His eyes were fixed on her as if she was the only one present there.

The song eventually ended and they reluctantly pulled apart. Suddenly the reality dawned on her. She had completely forgotten in the moment for what purpose she came to this party.

“You were good.” He said breaking the ice. His hands were awkwardly hanging at his sides.

“You too.” She said nervously. Then she realized she had to make him dance too.

The next song that played was a dance number and she started dancing as soon as the music came to her ears. It was one of her bad qualities; she couldn’t resist moving whenever a party song was playing. Her body moved on its own.

Cameron watched her with amusement as she did some stupid moves. “What? Don’t just stand there. Come on, you said you would dance.” She said and took his hands and moved them in some sort of wave in front of his face.

He finally gave up and started doing some moves. A mixture of popping and pumping. But nevertheless she enjoyed watching him; he was as horrible as her. After all, there were no rules when it came to dancing.

They would laugh and copy each other’s steps. She was happy to see him dance because it was the first part of her plan; Make him tired.

The song ended and it was instantly replaced with a new track. “I’m gonna have a drink. Do you want something?” She asked.

“Oh yes. A coke please.” She nodded and went to the kitchen with an evil grin on her face.

She rushed to search for nachos as soon as she was inside. She found them and was even more excited to see the sauce bowl placed on the side. She looked around to see if anyone was looking. Nope. They were all busy making out.

She quickly took out a small packet of chili powder from her back pocket and poured it all into the sauce bowl. She took a piece of nacho and mixed the sauce thoroughly. She did it quickly keeping an eye out for people in the kitchen. Cameron was going to remember this spicy night forever. An evil smile spread across her face but she quickly calmed her nerves and put on a straight face.

She typed a text to Cameron which would definitely lead him to the kitchen.

I’m stuck in the kitchen. Help – A

She touched the send button and waited. She was using the fact that he was interested in her to her own advantage. But the way he held her today so gently in his arms was making her feel slightly guilty that she was making him suffer. Somewhere her heart was stopping her from doing this. But she ignored it. She had to do it for revenge. She could not back away now.

After a few moments he came into the kitchen just as she had thought.

“What happened?” he asked wearing a look of worry on his face.

“You’re too late. One of your basketball buddies was… you know…. getting all touchy.” She said finding the right words. She pretended to be angry and hurt.

“Who was it?” He asked with an angry look on his face.

She bit her lip and said the first name that came to her mind. “Aaron.” She murmured looking down. Poor Aaron was getting dragged into this for no reason.

“Oh he is so dead.” He turned around and she thought he was going to find Aaron right now. So she stopped him and said that she could handle it.

 He didn’t look convinced but he sighed and gave up. “Are you okay?” he said placing his hand on her shoulder. He sounded so concerned she was starting to feel guilty again.

“Yeah. I’m good. Let’s not ruin the mood.” She said around and turned around to get two drinks.

She offered him one and he took it without refusing. She knew he would be thirsty from dancing. She sat on the empty space on the counter and shifted a little to make room for him.  He followed her actions and sat next to her.

This was it. All she had to do was offer him a nacho. She casually picked a nacho without covering it in the spicy sauce she had made and took a bite.

“Mmm…These are really good.” She said while chewing. She swallowed and turned to get another one covered with sauce for him.

“Here, try it.” She told him handing out the snack. He took it unsuspicious to her intentions. She waited as he slowly put it in his mouth and chewed. Any minute now he would be screaming for water.

He stopped chewing abruptly and jumped on the floor. The panic on his features indicated he had tasted the chili. His expressions were so horrified that she couldn’t control her laughter anymore. She jumped from the counter and burst out into fits of laughter.

He grabbed the nearest liquid and gulped it all at once. But she could see from narrow slits of her eyes that it didn’t do any good. He was panting for air and sweat was covering his face. She enjoyed every minute of his misery.

“That’s what you get for your stupid prank, Miller.” she managed to say in between her sniggers. 

Both of them had gotten people’s attention. They were giving her strange looks. She rested her hands on her knees as she tried to control her laughing.

He was looking at her like she was an insect he wanted to crush right now.

“You… this… on… purpose.” He said exhaling deeply after each word. His eyes were filled with water and he had bent down on his knees and started coughing.

She stopped laughing once she heard his exasperated voice. She quickly went over to him wondering what was wrong with him.

“Are you okay? It was just a joke.” She said placing a hand on his shoulder and bent down to his level. He was still coughing loudly. Now everyone in the kitchen was gathered around him.

She got up and quickly grabbed a bottle of cold water from the fridge and handed it to him. He refused to take it and she was starting to get really worried. His face was turning redder with each passing minute.

“Call… Ryan.” He said coughing after every word.

She couldn’t believe that she had gone from laughing to running like a maniac to find one of his friends. She was freaking out because of Cameron’s condition. She was even more frightened since she knew all this was happening because of her.

She got hold of both Luke and Ryan and pulled them towards the kitchen. She didn’t answer any of their questions. Other people, including her friends were behind them too. She brought them to the kitchen and saw their expressions change within a few seconds. She was scared by the look on both of their faces as they saw him struggling.

“Oh fuck! Who gave him chili?” Ryan asked to no one in particular and ran to help his best friend. Luke did the same.

“What? Why?” she found herself asking. They were both kneeling down to look at him.

“He has spice allergy.” Luke stated.

 And it felt like the ground had slipped away from Ally’s feet.

*

A/N: See that’s why I called this chapter ‘The Bad Move’. I have researched about this and yes some people do have spice allergy. It’s weird I know. But I can’t do anything about it, people have all sorts of weird things. I told y’all that you might have played this prank on someone before. So let me know what was it like? And also what do you think of the characters? Ally may seem like a little heartless now but it will get better I promise. And Cam is a sweetheart. Of course, everybody knows that.

This is the last update till 20th August because I have exams and I would like to thank you all for reading my story. Especially to those who are regular readers. Please until then show me your love and please vote and comment don’t be silent readers. I would love to hear from every one of you. Thanks!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

189K 7.2K 40
Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy to keep either). Once you're in it, there...
115K 3.4K 35
They tried to warn her. All he was going to do was break her heart. Well, then let him break it. *** High school. The dreaded part of our lives whe...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
119K 5.7K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...