Love Beyond Love

By iamsanya

I AM YOURS "The thing is, I love you but I love her..." ...... Italian magnate Drago Barzetti , a very... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Epilogue

Chapter 34

6.7K 235 2
By iamsanya

EDITED

The next day, after Drago and Orlando left for their office, Gina decided to drop by to meet Julia, who didn't seem to look so happy to see her.

"When did you come back?" Julia asked while sipping her tea.

"Yesterday." Gina said with a slight frown. "Drago didn't tell you?"

"Mmm." Julia shook her head. "Why do you think I am surprised to see you?"

"I thought...I mean, I met him last night and-

"You met him last night?" Julia asked with surprise and Gina smiled.

"Yes. We had dinner together." She said and sipped her juice with leisure.

"He was with you?" Julia said, more to herself. "I thought he was with Sonia again."

"Who is Sonia?" Gina frowned as she put the glass on the table to concentrate on this, suddenly very important, conversation.

"She is...Drago's friend." Julia said and smiled a tight smile.

"Really? I have never heard of a Sonia before? Where did she come from?" Gina asked and Julia looked at her.

"America. She's is such a nice girl, intelligent and beautiful and such a hard worker." Julia said in her impressed and proud tone and Gina rolled her eyes.

"What does she do?" Gina asked with a shrug.

"She's a philanthropist, builds orphanages for unfortunate children. Such a noble task." Julia sighed with a smile and put her cup down. "Anyways, I am getting quite late for...something. I will see you later, good day."

Saying so, Julia stood up and left the hall, leaving Gina seething.

"Who the hell is this Sonia with whom Drago goes on dinners? Was the girl...in the restaurant yesterday...her?" Gina wondered as she got up to leave.

As she reached her car, an idea popped in her head. Quickly taking her phone, she dialed a number.

"Hello? It's Gina Accardo. I want some information about a girl. I don't know much about her except that her name is Sonia, she's a philanthropist and that she's currently in the city. Get me as much information as possible about her, especially any dirt, and I want it asap. Once I get it, you will be paid handsomely. Good day." She cut the call and drove away with a smirk.

--

Drago walked out of the conference room after a two-hour long meeting and went into his cabin when his father followed him.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were with Gina last night?" Orlando asked as he closed the door behind them.

"I never took Gina's name, Mom just assumed that I was with Sonia." Drago shrugged as he sat down. "Anyways, what is the big deal? We just had dinner."

"You are right, it's not a big deal." Orlando chuckled. "I will be leaving then."

"Dad." Drago sighed and his father stopped. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Why are you acting like this? Two days ago, you were rushing to see Sonia in the middle of-

"Why are you bringing Sonia into all this?" Drago frowned and stood up in frustration. "What does she have to do with this? And I told you, Gina and I just had a simple dinner yesterday."

"Okay. So you did not propose to her?" Orlando said and Drago looked at him with widened eyes.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Drago asked, shaking his head.

"I mean, you love her and you were waiting for her...so I assumed-

"Can you and Mom stop assuming things?" Drago sighed and Orlando nodded before leaving quickly.

--

"Why would you assume that he proposed to her?" Julia asked her husband in a shocked tone.

"I don't know...she is back suddenly while he is still figuring out his feelings for another woman...I just thought he could have proposed to her in haste...to not face his growing feelings towards Sonia and just stay in complete denial!" Orlando explained and Julia groaned.

"Oh my God, seriously? Darling, you think too much! I know our son is a businessman and thinks from his mind but when it comes to the matters of the heart, he, like every other human being, will think from his heart. Don't worry about it. Let him take some time, as you said before. I am sure everything will turn out to be just fine." Julia said and cupped her husband's face with a smile.

--

"So, are you ever planning to tell him about your feelings?" Tara asked her friend as they drove back home.

"No. What's the point? He loves someone else." Sonia shrugged and Tara bit her lip. "I mean, I have accepted my feelings, isn't that enough? Why should I tell him about...this and ruin a perfectly good...friendship?"

"You weren't too friendly with him last night." Tara mumbled as she looked out of the window.

"What do you mean by that?" Sonia frowned.

"I saw you last night, talking to him with that go-to-hell expression on your face and the-

"What? I did not have that expression on my face!" Sonia gasped as they reached their building.

"Come on, you definitely did. Don't tell me it wasn't intentional?" Tara shook her head and got down the car.

"Not at all! Why would I...oh my, was I really giving off that vibe?" Sonia asked in a concerned tone.

"You were." Tara nodded and took the stairs as Sonia stood beside the car.

"Oh no, was I that rude? What must he be thinking?" Sonia mumbled to herself before taking out her phone. "I should definitely apologize."

She quickly typed a message.

Hey, I am sorry about yesterday, I didn't realize how rude I was last night. I have no explanation about it, really sorry.

She sent and walked up the stairs but before she could open the door, Drago's reply was notified to her.

Please don't apologize, I didn't mind at all. :)

Sonia smiled softly before typing again.

How was your date last night, if I may ask?

It was hard for her to ask him that but she was his friend and she had seen them yesterday, so it made sense that she should ask. His reply came in the next few seconds.

Sure you can!

It wasn't a date, just a dinner.

Sonia frowned as she typed.

So, she is not the girl you were talking about that day?

She held her breath as his reply came.

She is.

Her chest hurt again.

But as I told you, it wasn't a date.

Sonia frowned and sighed. "What does he mean by that?" She asked herself before another message from him appeared on her screen.

Have you reached home?

When did Tara arrive?

Sonia, understanding the change of topic, quickly replied.

Yes, just reached.

She arrived yesterday, I am not alone anymore, yayy :P

Drago laughed softly at the message before replying.

What are you talking about? When were you alone? Wasn't I there with you?

He smiled to himself as her reply came.

You were, thank you very much!

I am tired now, will talk later?

Drago nodded to himself before typing.

Don't thank me again and again.

Sure, good night, sleep well!

He put the phone away with a smile and walked to his bed when his face in the mirror stopped him. He looked at himself, slightly pink on the cheeks and the ears but just smiled more before going to sleep.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 63.1K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
570K 36.8K 47
It all started with a misunderstanding... It's not every day Claudia Romano gets an unusual request from her sister asking her help to avenge on the...
6.6M 168K 38
He has everything he'd always wanted and with the snap of his fingers he gets anything he desires except for one thing... Angel Mario Rossi is a Ital...
624K 30.1K 46
"How did you ever become a successful billionaire, I'll never understand." Alex Bianchi smirked. "It's mostly my good looks and sex appeal. And of co...