The Player's Unofficial Rebou...

By ehl_kayy_writes

rebound (n): second best, a person someone uses to get over another person. __________ Jenny Archer still can... More

copyright |
chapter one | the night that started everything
chapter two | the prince charming of sour lollies
chapter three | mamma mia was less dramatic
chapter four | she who he never noticed
chapter five | she who was stolen
chapter six | he who brought it up
chapter seven | are you a stranger?
chapter eight | the princess sister
chapter ten | an apple a day doesn't keep the hunger away
chapter eleven | on the contrary
chapter twelve | not her type
chapter thirteen | her aged cognac
chapter fourteen | not close enough
chapter fifteen | finding a confidant
chapter sixteen | the date
chapter seventeen | finally getting answers
i'm sorry | to be removed jan 27th
remove the book or edit | Please Choose

chapter nine | contemplating murder

17.4K 765 222
By ehl_kayy_writes

Jenny felt a thousand emotions flood through her as she stared back at Daemon.

Anger. Embarrassment. Fear. An unsettling feeling settled in her gut that made her feel queasy. And there was the confusing feeling of hurt.

Jenny didn't want to pay attention to that last one. She didn't want to focus that much on it because it both scared her and confused her.

Instead she narrowed her eyes into a glare that usually scared away guys that got too handsy with her.

Daemon's lips pulled up into a smirk that was both taunting Jenny and playful.

Jenny tried to pull her hand away from his grip but instead of pulling it free, Daemon's hands tightened around Jenny's with a viselike grip.

"Let me go!" Jenny demanded with a determined tone that didn't underlay how intimidated she was feeling at the moment.

Daemon chuckled lowly before he said, "No."

"Let me go, Matthews!" she snapped once again, her eyes drifting momentarily to down the hall in case someone happened upon them.

Daemon leaned down really slowly making Jenny's breathing to slow down momentarily. When his face was mere inches from Jenny's, he said with a low, breathy voice, "No."

Jenny took a step back to give her space to breath, maintaining the glare. "Why are you even here? Don't you have to get back and continue eating her face off?" She didn't mean for it to, but her voice came off with a tinge of undeniable jealous that one would hear on a jealous ex.

Trying to act like it was nothing, Jenny tried to pull her hand out of Daemon's again, but he maintained his grip.

Daemon scoffed, the corner of his eyes crinkling together as he chuckled lowly. "You're jealous."

Jenny fortunately didn't lose her hard glare nor her cool glare at Daemon's words. Instead her brows crinkled together as she said with a normal levelheaded voice, "No, I am not."

Daemon took one step forward and closed the gap between them again. "I think you are."

Jenny rolled her eyes at him, her anger now keeping her from acting like an idiot in front of Daemon. "Just because you think that every single girl on this planet wants you, doesn't mean that I do. In fact, if you and I were the last people on Earth, I would rather die a painful death than be stuck with the likes of y-"

Daemon crushed his lips against Jenny's, killing off whatever she was about to say.

At first, shock took over Jenny and her entire being and she froze. She couldn't fathom what was happening or whether it was really happening. Then when she finally wrapped her mind around what was happening, instinct took over and she took her free hand and pushed Daemon away from her.

Given her built in comparison to Daemon's, her push didn't do that much but only gave her an adequate enough space for her to catch her breath.

"What the heck do you think you are doing?!" she snapped at him after wiping profusely at her lips. She tasted strawberry and watermelon and knew instantly it was from his exchange of saliva with Jessica earlier.

She pierced him with a glare that would freeze the Sahara Desert and pictured the numerous ways she could kill Daemon Matthews.

The fact that a criminal record would mar her chances of getting into Harvard of Stanford was the only thing keeping her from running Daemon Matthews over with her car.
That and the fact that she knew he wasn't worth the effort.

Daemon didn't look any bit fazed by Jenny's outburst. In fact, he looked like he was finding her anger and outrage amusing and entertaining. "You were saying that you aren't the least bit affected by me. I wanted to prove a point."

"A point? You wanted to prove a bloody point and that's why you kissed me?"

"Oooh, I didn't know Ms Student Council member knew vulgar words," he winked at Jenny. "It's refreshing. And to answer your question, I was trying to prove to you that one, you are affected by me and two, that you were jealous."

"I was not jealous!"

"Now, now. Do I need to kiss you again to prove that you were?"

Instantly Jenny covered her lips with her hand before she took a couple of steps away from Daemon which just made the latter laugh.

"Oh come now, Jenny. I won't bite."

"You're crazy!" Jenny snapped at him.

"Hey, you were the one who interrupted me remember? You found me first."

Jenny scoffed at his ridiculous statement. She couldn't believe that he was the same guy that she had crushed on, however small a time it was, before. "You were in the bloody hallway for goodness'sake. What the heck do you expect? Get a room next time maybe."

Daemon took a step towards her and when she didn't take one back, he took another. "I've been thinking about you a lot lately."

Jenny put a hand up, palm facing him. "Stop!"

Daemon stopped taking a step towards her, a confusing grin on his face. "Like I said, I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I thought of something."

"I don't want to hear it," Jenny said firmly, knowing that if he was the one suggesting it, it wasn't something good.

"It would benefit both of us."

"Whatever you say, I know it'll just benefit you. So save your breath and just shut up." Jenny released a sigh as she looked down and noticed her phone.

Her breath caught as she remembered that she had been talking to Santana before she ran into Daemon and Jessica and forgot all about her.

She stared at the screen, worried as she noticed the blank screen. Santana had hung up.

But that left her with many questions.

How much had Santana heard before she hung up? Did she hear Daemon? Did she hear everything they had talked about? What if she did? What should Jenny do?

Jenny dropped her hand as she felt exhausted by everything.

Daemon watched her with an unreadable expression on his face before he nodded subtly at her. "Fine. Just come find me when you're ready to hear me out."

Before he turned around to leave, Jenny said, "Don't hold your breath."

The corner of his lips tugged up into a smile as he nodded before he turned around and walked away, leaving her to her thoughts.

* * *

Jenny threw herself onto her bed later that evening as she let the exhaustion from the day settle in.

After her eventful run-in with Daemon, she headed for the council meeting that she wasn't that active in. Glenn noticed and after two times of trying to get her attention, he left her to her thoughts. Then she had to go drop of Jake at Aunt Carol's.

She had a paper due in three days, but Jenny couldn't even focus enough to start on it.

Her mind was filled with Daemon and his still yet unknown proposition, Santana and whether she suspected anything between Daemon and her and Glenn who had been calling her since the meeting ended.

Jenny resigned herself go believe that if Santana knew anything, she would call Jenny and demand to know the truth. That is unless she felt betrayed and hurt that neither of them had told her anything.

Jenny's fingers graved her lips momentarily, reminding her of Daemon and how he had kissed her out of nowhere without any sign or warning.

Jenny distinctly remembered the taste of strawberry and watermelon but she also had tasted mint, chocolate and something she could only remember to be Daemon.

Even though she had been drunk during their last encounter and the last time they had kissed, Jenny remembered how it had been like to kiss Daemon that night. The memory must've been triggered when he had kissed her earlier that day.

Just as she decided to sleep it off and think over it the next day with a clearer mind, a knock sounded from her door.

She decided to ignore it and hoped that whoever it was would think she was asleep and leave.

"Jenny, open up. I know you're just being lazy and you don't want to open up!" Jesse yelled from outside.

Jenny sighed as she grabbed a pillow and covered her face with it to drown out the sounds.

"Jenny!"

Jenny wanted to yell at him to go away but she knew that it would only encourage him to continue.

"If you don't open up, I'm going to kick your door in," he threatened.

Jenny rolled her eyes knowing that the fear of their mom instilled in him, Jesse wouldn't dare kick the door in.

She let out a laugh at his empty threats.

"I hear you laughing!" Jesse said. "Now open up. It's important."

"Go away!" Jenny yelled.

Silence followed and Jenny smiled, surprised that Jesse had actually listened to her and left.

Then suddenly the door opened to reveal a grinning Jesse who held up the master key set in his hands when Jenny looked up confused.

"What the hell! Get out!" Jenny yelled at him as she grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at him.

Jesse shoved it away easily as he walked towards her.

"I told you I'd open the door."

"I remember you saying you'd kick it in, to be precise." Jenny arched a brow at him.

Jesse shrugged. "Same difference."

"So what exactly was so important that you simply couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

"What's up with you and Glenn Nichols?" Jesse asked as he sat down on the beanie by Jenny's bed, facing her.

Jenny sighed in exasperation. "Santana said something, didn't she?"

Jesse furrowed his brows together. "My Santana knew about you and Glenn?"

"There is no Glenn and I," Jenny stressed.

"But you just..."

Jenny's lips narrowed. "Like I told Santana already. There is no Glenn and I. We're just friends.

"Fine, fine. I believe you."

"You do?" Jenny smiled for what felt like after a long time.

Jesse nodded.  "It's a twin thing. I can tell when you're lying to me."

Jenny couldn't help but roll her eyes at her twin. "If Santana didn't say anything, then how'd you know?"

"Everyone in the school knows that Glenn dropped you off at your class this morning and gave you something."

"They do?"

Jesse nodded. "If you haven't noticed, other than Daemon and I, Glenn's got his fair share of girls lining up for him."

Jenny remembered the girls that always hung around Glenn's jeep whenever they finished up later with their meetings, and the girls that always fought to be his partner whenever they had labs together where Glenn was one of the senior students helping out with the teacher.

"Oh shit!" Jesse face-palmed himself.

"What happened?"

"Well, Mrs Matthews mentioned something to mom a couple of days ago and she asked me about Glenn this afternoon so I-"

"No, you didn't," Jenny interrupted.

Jesse smiled guiltily at her. "I might've mentioned that he dropped you off at your class today and that he gave you a gift."

"And?" Jenny demanded.

Jesse chuckled nervously. "They were thinking of inviting him over for dinner tomorrow."

Jenny sighed in relief. "Then we'll just go and tell them go not invite him."

Jesse kept the guilty look on his face. "Ummm..."

Jenny looked confused momentarily before she took a deep breath and bit her lower lip. "You invited him already, didn't you?"

Jesse nodded. "I called him and invited him an hour ago."

For the second time that day, Jenny Archer contemplated murder.

•••\\\•••

How did you find this chapter? 😉

😘😘😘❤❤❤

Please like and comment if you liked the chapter ❤🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 108 46
All Jasmine Mangal wants to do is start off fresh from a break-up with her ex.However, things get a little twisted with boys for her especially when...
1.4K 149 28
Meet skylar, a fun, outgoing, beautiful young girl who spent most of her days with her best friend Tyler. Meet Tyler a handsome, intelligent, young...
899 71 17
Fletcher Pierce- Athlete, high school heart throb, basically Channing Tatum in teenage boy form. He plays football and runs track, and he's stylish...
1.8M 47.7K 40
"I need you to be my fake girlfriend". He paused allowing me to process what he just said. I rubbed my eyes trying to see if I was in a dream. Nope...