In Darkness

By InDarkness

Nevaeh Morgan didn’t have to worry about defeating angels, defending a sexy god(s) or even making friends! Sh... More

Prologue
Chapter One - Club (Pic of Nevaeh)
Chapter Two - The Stranger (Pic of Cam)
Chapter Three - Unwanted Company (Pic of Logan)
Chapter Five - Explanations (Pic of Reb)

Chapter Four - The Inhuman's

10 0 0
By InDarkness

Copyright © 2012 InDarkness

All Rights Reserved

Chapter Four - The Inhuman's

It had been about a week since Nevaeh had seen Reb. She hated to admit it, but, she missed him. Ever since he came into her life it seemed as if he had made a huge impact.

Just as quickly as he walked in he walked out. It was frustrating how she couldn’t get over him already!

She usually had small crushes or likes, but nothing this . . . permanent. It was frightening, but saddening. She always woke up wondering if she’d catch a sight of him today.

She’d always look forward to it, but it never happened.

She sighed. Today, it was raining and she had no interest to go out. It was Sunday and she was bored out of her mind. Usually she’d occupy herself with a book and be satisfied, but she saw no use of a book when all that consumed her thoughts were Reb.

“Where are you?” she whispered to nothing. It was storming.

It was a calm storm though. The clouds outside were dark and threatening, there was always the consistent boom of the thunder and a few flashes of lightening.

Other than that, it was raining. Sometimes it would be so hard it’d sound like hail. Other times, it would be extremely light.

Nevaeh sighed again. She wanted to complain and pout, but that wasn’t like her at all. She was just so curious about Reb. Not only a . . . crush, but a wonder.

Reb seemed so mysterious that day . . . it was invigorating. How could he seem so threatening, but sweet at the same time?

And . . . the way he could read her so easily. Nevaeh was one to cover her emotions and show barely an expression at times, but Reb seemed to bring out the weird in her.

She didn’t understand; all she knew is that she wanted more of it. She needed him, like an addiction.

But she was still too inquisitive. Reb could’ve been likened to a shadow that day he was in her room. The way he seemed to sway without moving. They way he looked as if he were floating.

It was exciting.

She wanted to know how he . . . did all these things. Obviously, mankind didn’t harvest any of these characteristics, unless Reb wasn’t human, which would be crazy because . . .?

Why would it be crazy? Reb seemed so inhuman. He seemed surreal, as if he were just an imagination. Why?

Did Reb master in anything concerning the abnormal? It didn’t sound right. What kind of system practices inhuman things?

There was a crashing sound at the front. Nevaeh jumped. She peered over her shoulder. She was currently in her room and she left her door opened. Who would make such noise? She wondered.

She got up and heard the crashing sound again.

If that was Cam, Nevaeh swore she’d pick a bone with that girl. She was always using those keys to her advantage. Nevaeh sighed once more; she didn’t want to be bothered by Cam at the moment.

She looked around for her phone. It was then; she remembered that it was in the kitchen. She got up and headed toward the door.

“Cameron, I’m telling you right now I’m not up for-” Nevaeh looked up and gasped.

There, in her living room was a creature. He had a face of a monster; his body was sort of human. She looked at it shockingly.

It peered at her, his head tilted to the side. It at least stood at seven feet and its arms were bulging with muscle. Its torso was hairy and lined with muscle along his abdomen. His feet were inhumanly large.

The face was hard to describe, and discern. His eyes silted as he watched Nevaeh. He raised his nose in the air, sniffing. He growled. The creature had teeth, like a shark’s. They were sticking out and he had a vaguely appearing nostrils.

“Oh my God.” Nevaeh whispered. She looked at the creature, watched as it stalker her. She screamed loudly but a hand was held over her mouth.

She started struggling. No! She couldn’t die! Oh God, what was happening?

She managed to see a bit of the other thing that was holding her. This creature looked weird. It looked angel . . . but it was green and his eyes were big and round.

Nevaeh screamed again as she saw the creature bearing its teeth at her. Suddenly, the creature turned human. She heard popping of bones and flinched.

Her breathing picked up.

What the Hell was going on?

“Hello, human.” The green creature smiled. It made her shiver.

“What the hell are you doing in my home?” Nevaeh asked. The green one chuckled. He turned both of them around and looked at the monster, which was now a muscular, almost, good looking human.

Nevaeh would have found him good looking, had she not seen his true self a minute ago.

“Isn’t she bold?” the green smiled.

“She resists.” The bulky one said. Nevaeh cried out when she felt a punch to her side. She was flown across the room and hit the wall hard.

The bulky one stood there, emotionless. The green one chuckled. “Now, that wasn’t nice, was it, Grev?” The bulky one huffed.

“Get the answers.” Grev growled lowly. Nevaeh held her side, watching the scene. The green one shrugged.

“What are you doing here?” Nevaeh shouted. The green one put a finger to his lips.

“Ah ah ah, I don’t think it’s wise to question us, human.” The green one warned. “Did you not learn your listen?”

Suddenly, movement was to her left and Nevaeh wasn’t fast enough to avoid the punch to her cheek. Nevaeh gasped, blood was filling her mouth.

Tears filled her eyes, subconsciously. She looked at Grev with a glare. His eyes shined black. He sniffed the air and smiled cruelly.

“Enough Grev.” The green one ordered, Grev stepped back and stood there. Nevaeh watched him warily.

“Now, as you’ve learned, we ask the questions here.” The green one smiled.

“Jekv.” Grev warned. Jekv glared at Grev.

“Listen close, human. That’s a warning.” Jekv’s eyes glowed gold. “We need to ask you a few questions.”

Nevaeh sat there. She looked at Grev and Jekv. They watched her with dislike and distaste. What were these creatures? She felt hopeless. There was no way she could distract them in order to get to her phone . . .

They’ve already displayed they didn’t care if she was a women. They called her human . . . obviously not human, then.

“Where is he?” Jekv asked. Nevaeh stayed silent. They waited for her, a long time.

Jekv’s eyes flashed. He looked at Grev. Nevaeh watched as Grev stepped on her leg. He pressed down and she screamed as pressure went to her leg.

How much torture could she take? What did they want? Who was ‘he’?

“I’ll ask you again. Where is Erebus?” Jekv asked, this time he asked it harshly.

“I don’t know who that is!” Nevaeh protested. Jekv looked at Grev who put more pressure on my leg. She cried out, wiggling under him. “Please . . . I don’t know!”

“Where is the man from almost a fortnight?” they questioned. Nevaeh gasped as Grev punched her at her temple, her gaze faltered then regained. “Tell us!”

Suddenly, without warning, the front door crashed open, revealing a dangerous, murderous looking Reb. They watched as Reb angrily walked in.

“Ah, the God we are looking for!” Jekv smiled, but Nevaeh saw the fear etched in Jekv’s eyes, even Grev backed away. “You’re coming with us.”

Reb lifted his hand and suddenly there was darkness. The entire apartment went out and Nevaeh screamed. There were a few grunts and a flash of lightening went out from the window.

In that moment, she saw something she would never thought she’d see. Reb stood there, his whole body was shady and his eyes were dark. His face stormy and she saw a dagger in his hand.

He had Grev, Grev desperately tried to get away but his attempts were in vain. As sudden as that flash of lightening was, it flashed again and they disappeared.

Nevaeh’s breath hitched.

She laid there; limp, for a few moments. The apartment finally flooded with light and Nevaeh sighed. Her face throbbed. Her stomach was most likely bruised and her leg was black and purple.

She tried to get up but she cried out and slumped back into the wall. The lights flickered and she saw a figure. She screamed.

“Nevaeh!” the figure shouted at her and she looked beside her to see Reb crouching beside her. “Hey, stay with me,” Reb said, holding onto her uninjured arm.

She watched as he slipped his arms about her and looked down at her.

“Reb . . .” She murmured. This had to be a dream. After a week of not seeing Reb, Nevaeh was sure he wouldn’t just pop up out of nowhere, and those creatures were definitely not real either . . .

“Nevaeh . . . open . . . awake . . . safe.” His words slurred as Nevaeh slipped into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and Comment!! Much appreciated!

As you all guessed, or have not, I had writer's block. That's why it took me so long to upload! But that was when I posted my Status! The whole day I've been home doing chores!!! I want to go to blockbuster so I've got to earn my way there . . . *sigh*!!! Fist pump for all Heroes FANS!! Because I'm one .... I'm getting hooked!!

Lol, well, thanks for listening!!!

Skye <3

Continue Reading