Chapter Four - The Inhuman's

Copyright © 2012 InDarkness

All Rights Reserved

Chapter Four - The Inhuman's

It had been about a week since Nevaeh had seen Reb. She hated to admit it, but, she missed him. Ever since he came into her life it seemed as if he had made a huge impact.

Just as quickly as he walked in he walked out. It was frustrating how she couldn’t get over him already!

She usually had small crushes or likes, but nothing this . . . permanent. It was frightening, but saddening. She always woke up wondering if she’d catch a sight of him today.

She’d always look forward to it, but it never happened.

She sighed. Today, it was raining and she had no interest to go out. It was Sunday and she was bored out of her mind. Usually she’d occupy herself with a book and be satisfied, but she saw no use of a book when all that consumed her thoughts were Reb.

“Where are you?” she whispered to nothing. It was storming.

It was a calm storm though. The clouds outside were dark and threatening, there was always the consistent boom of the thunder and a few flashes of lightening.

Other than that, it was raining. Sometimes it would be so hard it’d sound like hail. Other times, it would be extremely light.

Nevaeh sighed again. She wanted to complain and pout, but that wasn’t like her at all. She was just so curious about Reb. Not only a . . . crush, but a wonder.

Reb seemed so mysterious that day . . . it was invigorating. How could he seem so threatening, but sweet at the same time?

And . . . the way he could read her so easily. Nevaeh was one to cover her emotions and show barely an expression at times, but Reb seemed to bring out the weird in her.

She didn’t understand; all she knew is that she wanted more of it. She needed him, like an addiction.

But she was still too inquisitive. Reb could’ve been likened to a shadow that day he was in her room. The way he seemed to sway without moving. They way he looked as if he were floating.

It was exciting.

She wanted to know how he . . . did all these things. Obviously, mankind didn’t harvest any of these characteristics, unless Reb wasn’t human, which would be crazy because . . .?

Why would it be crazy? Reb seemed so inhuman. He seemed surreal, as if he were just an imagination. Why?

Did Reb master in anything concerning the abnormal? It didn’t sound right. What kind of system practices inhuman things?

There was a crashing sound at the front. Nevaeh jumped. She peered over her shoulder. She was currently in her room and she left her door opened. Who would make such noise? She wondered.

She got up and heard the crashing sound again.

If that was Cam, Nevaeh swore she’d pick a bone with that girl. She was always using those keys to her advantage. Nevaeh sighed once more; she didn’t want to be bothered by Cam at the moment.

She looked around for her phone. It was then; she remembered that it was in the kitchen. She got up and headed toward the door.

“Cameron, I’m telling you right now I’m not up for-” Nevaeh looked up and gasped.

There, in her living room was a creature. He had a face of a monster; his body was sort of human. She looked at it shockingly.

It peered at her, his head tilted to the side. It at least stood at seven feet and its arms were bulging with muscle. Its torso was hairy and lined with muscle along his abdomen. His feet were inhumanly large.