Left Behind | N. Mikaelson (...

By Leemacher

{ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE} {UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION} Emmaline Rosewood. A name forgotten by few and kno... More

Author's note
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

7

5.9K 137 5
By Leemacher

{Chapter 7 - Second Reunions And Nicely Timed Insults}

 "Come on Emma... Time to wake up now.. Your little Hybrid boyfriend wants to gut me and I could use a little help right about now!" I heard Katerina talking to me, trying to get me to wake up. Niklaus had gotten his hands on her before she could get out of this town I'm guessing.

 "He's not my boyfriend." I said before I even opened my eyes, I heard a huff, and then a body drop. I looked up to see Alaric's body was lying on the ground and a certain blond haired beauty was finally back in his body. I stood up and backed away from him, subtly moving towards the door, as he addressed Katerina in his usual torturous ways. While he was focused on her I used my speed to try to speed out of the room before the witches could attack me.

 I was spun around right as I reached the door and slammed into the wall beside it, forced to face a very angry almost hybrid. He hadn't yet completed the ritual he needed to complete in order to become a full vampire werewolf hybrid, the ritual Damon was trying to stop, the one that would kill the love of his life; the doppelganger along with a vampire and werewolf. Still, he was an original vampire and was extremely strong, the only person that ranked as high as me in terms of strength. "Now, where do you think you're running off to, Little Rose." I flinched at his old nickname for me, hating what the sound of his voice did to me.

 "Don't call me that." It almost came out as a whisper, and I found myself wondering what was happening to me, the all powerful Emily Rose wasn't afraid of anything, she was bold and flawless and so feared that even the sun moved it's gaze, and yet here I was being the exact opposite.

 He chuckled. "And why is that, Huh? Would you rather me call you Little Dove, or maybe you'd prefer me call you Anna? Anything to ease your pain right?" He spat those words out with so much venom I flinched, afraid of the man I had created. He didn't used to be like this, at least not to me; to me he was sweet and gentle, caring, loving, but above all he was... happy. Now all I could see was pain and sorrow, the man I had created was nothing like the one I had fallen in love with all those years ago yet at the same time, I knew he was always like this, I've just never been on the receiving end.

 "I was going to leave, but obviously that's not going to happen so if you could just..." I peeled his hands off of my body, dodging his question, not having the strength or will to deal with his insults. I pushed off the wall and due his closeness to me originally, I was now right in his face, our noses almost touching. He stood in my way, not moving, knowing the affect he had on me, relishing in the feelings of regret he knew were stewing in my stomach. I snapped myself out of my trance and shoved past him, walking over to Alaric's supply of bourbon I knew would have to exist if he was Damon's friend.

 I grabbed a glass and filled it all the way to the top, knowing that this was going to be a long night. The two witches looked between me and Niklaus with questioning gazes, not sure what had just happened, while Katerina looked between us with pity and slight fear. "So Katina. I see the devil has his grip on you once again." I said, trying to see how she was, without showing any weakness in front of Niklaus.

 "Well I'm sure you do, seeing as you have eyes." I glared at her, she was obviously terrified of Niklaus, and was trying to do anything but let him know that, even though it was pointless. "But I've adjusted, he's very welcoming, you know with all the torture and what not." I snorted at this, seeing a slight smirk on his face.

 "Oh, I'm sure." I started smiling, and walked over to her and enveloped her into a hug. This was the first time since the night of the ball I got to actually speak with her.

 "I'm sorry." She whispered, knowing that it was just past the date of Violletta's death. I nodded, not wanting to say anything else about it. I felt eyes on the back of my head and slowly let go of Katerina, turning around to see that Niklaus was staring at me, not even bothering to look away once he had been caught.

 "Yes?" He just stared, asking me with his eyes. "Do you want something?" I continued, as I did I saw the wheels in his turn in a way I didn't like.

 "500 years of my life back, would be nice." Okay, had to admit, that one hurt. Still, no matter what pain I felt I couldn't let myself show anything, he couldn't know the reason I left, no one could. 

 "Ditto." He looked very confused, so I just shook my head. "Never mind." I turned back to Katerina. "So... I'm assuming he compelled you to stay in this piece of crap apartment?" She couldn't say anything, I could practically feel Niklaus's smirk. "Awesome."

 "And you are too." I could tell I looked confused, he's known me for about 800 years, he should know by now that I can't be compelled. "Well, not compelled but, same thing. See I have some witch friends-" He waved over at the two witches standing in the corner of the room. "And they have been so kind as to cast a little spell." He smiled. "You can try getting out, but I can tell you, you won't get very far, love." I shivered when I heard him call me that, he took notice of it too, frowning a little. Probably trying to figure out why I left if his words still had as much of an affect on me as when we were together.

 "Of course, hello Maddox." I waved at the witch who had originally knocked me out. "Girl witch I haven't met yet." I waved at her too, but then went back to glaring at the male witch that I had met when seeking help from his father a longtime ago about covering up locator spells.

 Maddox waved back at me and I could tell he was afraid of me, good. "Well it seems you know everyone don't you. You got the Salvatore brothers, Katerina, and now my witch! Oh and let's not forget your little pet vampire." He spat out those last few words, and I knew that he was upset about me and Ethan. He must've thought we were together.

 "I know everyone because unlike you people actually like me and agree to helping me when I'm running from someone, I'm sure you know them, he's about yay high," I put my hand up to his height. "Big, annoying, very temperamental with an attitude of a three year old." He went to give a comeback that I'm sure would've been disappointing based on his body language, before I cut him off, not allowing him to insult me anymore at the moment. "And Ethan is not my pet. He's a friend, who, being completely honest, is far better company than you at the moment." His features grew darker and the witches took that as their cue to go and get ready for the ritual which I over heard was happening tonight. 

 He went to come over to me but stopped himself. "I'll be back." He compelled Katerina to stay in here, even though I'm pretty sure he already had, as well as the fact i'm almost one hundred percent sure she has vervain. "I'm going to go give the idiots in town a reminder not to do anything to mess this night up or who's better company will be the least of your worries." He then stormed out, probably going to kill someone first.

 "Where are you going?" I heard Katerina ask when I started for the door after he sped away, I didn't answer. "You know you can't get out!" She was probably getting annoyed with me not answering her.

 "Watch me." I ran full speed at the barrier, slamming into it's already weakened state. Because of the type of hybrid I am, witched magic usually doesn't last very long on me, it's constantly being weakened by magic that is flowing inside of me. When I slammed into the barrier, I broke it, leaving Katerina utterly speechless. "I'll probably end up back here soon Little Katina, have fun while I'm gone." I sped away to the place I knew Damon would be... The Grill.

 Once I got there I went in, trying to spot him when I ran into a completely solid back, almost knocking me backwards before I caught myself, along with a pair of hands gripping onto my arms insanely tight. "Well, that didn't last very long." I had ran straight into Niklaus, of course, because it's not like this is a book where things go exactly as planned. I tried to get out of his grip, but when I did he just increased his grip on me and pulled me into his chest, holding me still. "I wouldn't do that, love." I finally stopped struggling as he whispered those words in my ear.  "There we go, now that wasn't so hard, was it?" I stayed silent and looked down, I heard him chuckle. "Now that you're here let's go say hello to your friends."

 He put his arm around my waist, holding me right up against him, knowing that I couldn't escape his grip even if I wanted to. It had been so long since I had last been held by him, emotions started to surface before I could fight them off and I started to find myself leaning into him. I knew he felt it too, as his grip on my waist loosened, he knew I wasn't planning on leaving his side at the moment.

 "Hello, mate." He spoke to Damon, he let out a slight grumble. When he turned around and saw me his whole attitude changed.

 "Emily?" I looked him in the eyes, not sure what he would say about the originals arm around my waist.

 "Yep, that's me." I could tell Niklaus was confused, I hoped he wouldn't say anything about it, but I knew better than that.

 "Why does everyone keep calling you Emily?... It's mildly confusing." Damon then became confused as well, probably wondering how much Niklaus knew about me.

 "It's supposed to be." I replied simply, escaping from his grip for a moment to get a drink. "Hey, Matt right?" The blonde haired boy looked at me cautiously, not knowing how I knew who he was. "Caroline wouldn't stop talking about you." He nodded and made an 'O' with his mouth. "I'm Emily, or at least that's what everyone around here calls me."

 "Oh, you're the girl Damon was friends with?" I nodded, almost one hundred percent positive, given the fear in his eyes, that he knew about vampires and thought I was one of them.

 "Yep, that would be me. Do you mind getting me a bourbon?" He nodded and let out a quiet 'sure'. Once it was given to me I sat down and drank it, trying to ignore the death threats I could so clearly hear behind me.

 "Alright, sweetheart. Time to go." I heard Niklaus say from behind me with his arm stretched out towards me I turned, ignoring the feelings I got when he called me sweetheart, god his voice will be the death of me.

 I silently got up and went to go back to him, knowing he'd make a big scene if I didn't, right before my arm was grabbed. "Emily, why are you agreeing to go back with him?" He was angry with me, I could feel it.

 "Because..." He looked at me expectantly. "Because I have to. If I don't go with him he'll throw a temper tantrum and most likely take everyone in this bar out, including you." I tried to get away from him but his grip increased. I didn't want to hurt him. I went to say something else but was cut off by the Hybrid.

 "I think you need to let go, mate. I'm the only one that get's to hold her against her will." He was trying to be funny and miserably failed. Damon wouldn't back down so I had no other choice, I grabbed his elbow and popped it upwards, effectively breaking it. I walked over to his open arm and let him wrap it around my waist, smifking like he had won as we watched Damon pop his elbow back into place and look at me with what looked like a sense of betrayal.

Good, it'll make everything easier when I leave this town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.3K 4.2K 30
Nearly a year ago, Emma had stepped into Mystic Falls for the first time in her life, never expecting that a small town in Virginia would have the po...
72K 1.5K 11
Elodie Riling went to sleep watching her favorite show.. TVD. But when she woke up everything was completely different. She found herself in a new...
37.1K 933 39
Paris, 1907. Fifteen-year-old Annette Chevalier enjoyed her ordinary life. She and her parents were not very well-off, but they were happy. Then th...
810K 22.2K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...