VIVE LA FRANCE {a les miserab...

By TheboredWriter1

Rayne is a street rat struggling to keep her brother and sister alive through the cold winter. When she rescu... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Prologue

516 16 15
By TheboredWriter1

I shifted to step in front of the boy I had taken as my brother. He shivered, and I felt such love for him, and knew I would do what it took to protect the child. 

I turned my head to face the Soldier who stood not ten feet away. He was shaking, and I understood how he felt. He didn't want to kill me, but would do what it took to keep his job.

" I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to kill you. But I have one bullet left. And I shall protect my king."

He lifted his rifle.

 I heard my name and a gunshot together. 

I felt my body being shoved aside as the bullet hit my savior directly in the stomach. I was too shocked to understand what had just happened, and that my life had been spared and exchanged. My savior turned to me with a look of serenity.

" are you alright?"

I felt my head nod shakily without command. Everything became a blur as the soldier turned to run and make his escape.

 I looked back at my rescuer and realized with growing horror that he had just been shot, and was going to die. I muttered a small, "no." As he fell to the ground with a grunt of pain. I had just killed my best friend.

Since this is a prologue, it's just a bit of foreshadowing. The rest of the story will be quite different, pray better, and I hope you'll enjoy this story.

Good writings, Pips!

The Bored Writer 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 248 34
Γ‰ponine ThΓ©nardier, a poor girl who seems to have nothing to live for. Her father beats her close to death and forces her to steal for his benefit...
442K 14.5K 97
Juliette Pontmercy and her older brother, Marius, have always been close - they had no secrets...or at least that's what she thought. When he sudden...
1K 35 15
Growing up with the ThΓ©nardiers, Cosette had a sister in Γ‰ponine. However, the pair also had an older brother, Enjolras. When Jean Valjean rescues Co...
8.3K 328 40
Mary Combeferre had always been given everything she had ever wanted. Being the duke's daughter and twelfth in line for the throne technically made h...