The Runaway

By Lexie720

Bri is a normal teenage girl who goes to school in Florida. Summer has just began, but she isn't going to spe... More

The Runaway
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 22

157 12 1
By Lexie720

Charlie's POV

As soon as I left Matt's room, I bolted to my own. If I am really leaving with Taylor, then I have to pack all my stuff quickly and get to his room before he leaves. I slid the key into the lock and turned the knob. I'm somewhat confused as to why Bri isn't here, I didn't think she would have anywhere to go. I let the thought of her drift aside as I started throwing clothes into my duffle bag. I didn't bring too much with me to the hotel so re-packing shouldn't take that long. After I huddled my clothes together, I grabbed all my stuff out of the bathroom and shoved it on top of my clothes. I zipped my bag shut and put it beside the door. After looking over the room one last time before leaving, I placed my eyes on my charger still plugged into the wall. I quickly grabbed it and jammed it into a side pocket of my bag. I put my key in my front pocket and wrapped my fingers around the handle of my old bag. Before I could reach for the knob, I heard a knock. I whipped the door open and became face to face with Matt. "Can we talk, please?" His face sagged and his lips were in a gentle curve that faced down. "There's nothing to talk about Matthew." I slipped past him and closed the door behind me. I began to walk down the hall, ignoring Matt, but he continued to follow me. "Charlie please. I'm sorry I got so angry before, you should have never seen that side of me. I just can't handle the thought of you being with Taylor instead of me. It breaks my heart." I turn around and my face is only centimeters away from his. "You know what breaks my heart? The fact that you want me to go back to my family and get abused everyday. It breaks my heart you want me to see them do drugs and not give a shit about me. I have a once in a lifetime opportunity and you don't want me taking it." His eyes trail from mine to the floor. He keeps them there for what feels like forever, but then he looks back up. Whenever he stares at me, I feel like he can look through my soul and rip out my heart. "I don't want you to go back to your family Charlie. I know how hard your life has been and I don't expect you to want to deal with that any longer. I just really don't want you near Taylor either. I wish you could move in with me but I would have to talk to my parents and they can be tough. Look you don't have to choose between me and Taylor. You can go with him, I know that you have no other choice. I want to visit you though as much as possible and take you on dates. You also have to keep me updated on everything that happens okay?" My whole body is tingling with excitement. The recurrence of Matt in my life makes it so much better. I drop my bag on the floor and run into his arms. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. "Thank you so much for understanding. I love you so so much, I would never do this to break us apart trust me. I promise I will call you every day and tell you every detail about what is happening in my life. I would love for you to visit and take me on dates." My eyes begin watering and soon enough tears are rolling down my cheeks and landing on his shoulder. "I would do anything for you Charlie. I'll visit as much as possible. I'll talk to you for hours on the phone. I'm so sorry I yelled at you it will never happen again. I will do anything in my power to make us work, no matter how hard it gets." I squeeze him harder, and then release my arms enough to be face to face with him. "I love you more than anything Matthew" I lean into kiss him, and he meets me halfway. It was a shorter kiss, but it was completely fulfilling. "I love you more than anything too Charlie" He leans in to kiss my nose and then puts me down. I let go of his neck and instead take his hand in my own. I grab the handle of my bag and begin walking down the hallway. "Can you please come with me to Taylor's to tell him I am coming with him? I know it will be awkward, but I really want you there." I look up at him and he smiles. "Of course." We continue to walk down the hall until we reach Taylor's door. I knock heavily twice and he opens within the next minute. "Hey Charlie." He opens the door a little wider and realizes that Matt is attached to my right side. "Oh, hey Matt." His smile turns into a frown as he lets us in. "I decided that I'm coming with you!" I tell him happily. "Are you kidding, that's great!" Matt steps in between us before Taylor can lean in for a hug. "There are some rules Taylor." Matt says. "What would those be?" I can tell Taylor isn't taking him seriously, which makes Matt more uncomfortable. "I am coming to visit her as often as I can. Whenever I'm there, I will be taking her out on dates and stuff. She will be calling me every day and if she doesn't, I will call her. I want you to take her to my place to visit some times as well. You are not allowed to make moves on her, which I know will be hard for you. Don't overwhelm her with everything at once, let her get used to the new surroundings. Please take care of my princess and get her a job and apartment like you promised her before." Butterflies erupt in my stomach as Matt's protective side comes out. I lean into his side and his arm automatically wraps around my waist. I tuck my head into his chest and smile deeply. "All that couple crap is fine with me bro. I promise I won't overwhelm her or anything. I'll take her out job hunting as soon as possible and once she has enough money we will look for apartments. No promises on the making moves though, It comes naturally." A small smirk rises on Taylor's face, which was expected after his last remark. "Fine, Charlie is smart enough to ignore you anyway." He was right, which makes me silently chuckle into his side. "Well I hate to break up your love fest, but we have a flight to catch." I release from Matt and look up at him, a smile appearing on my face. "I love you" I whisper. "I love you so much more." He leans down to kiss me and I close my eyes. After a minute or so, I feel his tongue trace my bottom lip. I happily let him in and enjoy the sparks I feel between us. "Look, I know this is hard for you guys but we really have to go Charlie. We're gonna miss our flight." I let go of Matt and grab my bag from the floor. I hand it over to Taylor so he can put it with his own. All three of us walk out of the room and I watch Taylor close the door behind us. Since Matt has to go back to his room and get his bags for his flight, this will be my last time seeing him. "Goodbye Matthew, I hope I see you soon. I'll call you as soon as our plane lands." I hold his hand for a mere second before letting go. "Goodbye Charlie, I miss you already." He turns around and I watched him walk down the hallway and turn right. "Are you ready now?" Taylor says in an annoyed tone. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Bri's POV

After 20 minutes of driving, the cab stops at a halt. "We're here kid." I opened the door and began setting my bags outside. "How much do I owe you?" I ask while shuffling to find my purse. "Don't worry about It, It's on me." I thank him and then scoot out of the car.  I look up at the tall building and then walk into the lobby. I remember that Ryan told me the doorman will help me, so I walk up to him. "Hello, I was wondering if you could help me find apartment 3b." He was an older man probably in his late 40's, with gray hair swooped to the side and shining green eyes. "Of course miss, may I ask who you are visiting?" He says while pushing the elevator button. The last elevator I was in had Cameron in it. I push the thought aside. "I am visiting my old friend from high school, Ryan." I smile politely at him and walk into the elevator as soon as the door opens. "Oh I know Ryan, he is a very nice boy. He came down here not too long ago and said a beautiful girl was coming to visit him. I am assuming he meant you." I blush a little, embarrassed that Ryan had mentioned me and called me beautiful. "I think so, unless he has other girls visiting." I laugh loudly, while he pushes the button to bring us to the third floor. "Are you staying here? If so, you should ask Ryan to show you around. We have an indoor pool, a spa, a workout gym, and much more." He smiles gently while looking at me. "I know I will be staying for a few nights but I'm not sure how much longer after that. I think Ryan would get sick of me." I look down and start moving my feet back and forth. "Quite on the contrary my dear, I don't think he would get sick of you." As soon as he finished his last word the door opened, and he walked out. I followed him quickly down the hall until he stopped at a door labeled 3b. "Thank you very much for your help, I won't bother you again." He looks at me slightly confused, but then responds. "You didn't bother me at all. If you ever need anything, you know where to find me." He smiles and then walks back to the elevator. I wait until the doors close, and then I knock loudly. Within my second knock, I hear Ryan's voice. "I'm coming, hold on one second!" He shouts. I laugh slightly and then he opens the door. "Bri, it's so good to see you!" He engulfs me in a long hug which I admit was well needed after my day. "Thank you again for letting me come over. It means so much to me." He nods and then escorts me to the couch. "It's not a problem at all, trust me. I am so happy you are here. Do you want anything to drink?" He gets up from the sofa and heads to the kitchen. "Water will be fine, thank you." While he is out of sight, I take a look around. It is a rather large apartment for one person. He has an open living room with two couches and a flat screen tv. Behind the couch is a glass window that takes up the entire wall. To the left of the living room is a hall that I assume leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms. To the right is a large kitchen, which has a dining table next to it. My inspection was put to a stop when I realize Ryan is right in front of me, holding a glass of water out for me to take. "Oh sorry, I was just looking around." Heat finds its way into my cheeks as I look up at him from my place on the couch. "It's fine. You're allowed to be curious." He laughs which fills me with relief. "Would you like a tour of the apartment? It may help with your curiosity." He smiles widely, and I nod yes. I put the cup down on an end table and he takes my hand. I was reluctant at first but I let him continue holding my hand. He leads me down the hallway that I assumed the bedrooms were in. First we look at a small room with a piano and guitar in it. It has a drum set to the right side of the window. "This is my music room. I come in here just to jam out sometimes. You can use it if you want." It's been so long since I have sang and played the piano, but I don't want to play in front of him so I will wait until he goes to work. We take a few more steps down the hall until we reach what I believe is his room. "This is my room. It was the biggest room in the place so obviously I took it." He was right, the room is huge. It has a walk-in closet and a bathroom on the right hand side, and huge windows on the left. His bed was right in the middle, made nice and neat. "I love it!" I smile at him and we continue down the hall. He lets go of my hand and points to closed doors. "That's just another bathroom, and down the hall is a large closet for towels and stuff." He grabs my hand again and leads me to the other side of the apartment, where the kitchen is. "This is obviously my kitchen, and that's where I eat." He nods his head to the small dining room table I saw earlier. We walk past the kitchen into a little room that has a washer and dryer in it. Afterwards, we walk back to the living room. "That pretty much concludes the tour. It's not too big but how much space does one person really need right?" He laughs. I sit back down on the couch and he sits next to me. I reach for the remote and turn on the tv, trying to make myself at home. I didn't realize it before, but there is only one bedroom that actually has a bed in it. "Wait, Ryan, there's only one bedroom. Where am I going to sleep?" I look at him with confusion in my eyes and he simply smiles. "You can sleep in my room, I will just sleep on the couch out here." He looks at the tv and then back at me. "I can't let you do that, I would feel so bad. I can leave if you want me to." I say while already standing up and reaching for my bags. "No, no I promise you I will be perfectly fine." He reaches for my hand and leads me back to the couch. "At least let me take the couch, you should have your own bed." I feel terrible for taking over his apartment. "I couldn't let you sleep on the couch, you wouldn't get a good night sleep." I know that I wouldn't, but I still shouldn't hog his bed. "Well your bed looks really big, maybe we can just share it? I get one half, you get the other." I try to compromise. "That sounds okay to me. What side do you want?" He asks nicely. "Left" I laugh. I start flicking through channels, hoping to find something interesting on, but there is nothing. "Do you want to watch Netflix? Nothing is on tv." I ask him. He slightly nods his head and I grab my bag. I take out my laptop and log into my user. After everything loads, I click on Netflix and search for something good to watch. My eyes land on American Horror Story. I haven't watched the second season, so that is where I begin. I put the laptop between Ryan and I, and then I lean on him to get a better view. "This day started off terribly, but now that I am here, It is perfect." I whisper to him. "I'm glad I could make it better. Don't forget our dinner tonight, you have to tell me everything." He looks down at me, and I return his gaze. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."
---
awe guys it feels like I haven't updated in so long. I was in a writing mood today so I wrote a longer chapter. Hope you like It!!
As you can see Charlie and Matt are all lovey dovey again (yayy) but Cameron left Bri for now. Ryan to the rescue wooo
Make sure to vote and comment!! Also, follow me on here. I LOVE my followers so much
I know I keep saying this and it's really annoying but I have a Luke hemmings fanfic coming out soon! I wanted to post it a while ago but I haven't had the chance to. I'm praying it'll be up by tomorrow. If I do post it, I'll let you guys know!
love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 315 15
Jayde, battling many mental disorders, met her best friend online. Cameron Dallas. When she thought life couldn't get better, he took a road to see h...
24.2K 544 39
Crystal Lancaster ; 18 year old who loves her sports just as much as she loves her Starbs. She gets constantly bullied by Cameron Dallas and has a HU...
13K 343 25
Bailey Dallas is just a normal 17 year old girl...except her slight internet fame and her older brother Cameron, who she travels with. She has always...
232K 4.1K 49
Warning - Really bad, especially the beginning Hi, my name is Madison, but most people call me Madi. My last name is Dallas. Yes you heard me right...