City of Stars {James Potter}

By allycat440

Lenora Scamander has always been the smart and sarcastic Hufflepuff that everyone at Hogwarts knows her to be... More

Cast
Playlist
Epigraph
::PART ONE::
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Check Out My New Book
I Got Tagged Putas!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
"I'm a painted whore..."
Should I Change This?
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Got tagged again
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
::PART TWO::
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Five

11K 290 189
By allycat440

"Fifth Year"

••••••••

"Are you sure that you feel well enough to commentate the match?" I rolled my emerald colored eyes at Remus asked me as we walked towards the Quidditch pitch.

Peter wasn't accompanying us, due to him having detention with Professor Slughorn. So, only Remus would be keeping me company as Sirius and James played.

"Yes, I'm sure." I chucked at the teenage werewolf beside me. "Besides Rem, I'll will literally just be sitting there and talking the entire time."

"Not exactly a grueling effort, is it?" He chuckled with a grin, before pointing to the lion painted on one cheek and the red sparkly 'G' on the other. "I still can't believe you painted those on your face."

"Hey, I like it and I'm supporting my friends. So, go and shove it, Moony." I laughed as we climbed up the steps to where I always sit to commentate matches. I sat down at the scoring table beside Professor McGonagall, Remus taking a seat next to me.

"Hello, Professor." I greeted the Gryffindor head of house with a smile.

"Afternoon, Scamander. Mister Lupin." The Scottish woman addressed us both with a nod. "I would prefer it, if we didn't have a repeat of the last match. So, please keep the unnecessary comments to a minimum, Scamander."

"I'll try my best, Professor." I laughed, knowing full well that it was going to happen anyway.

"Oh, and Scamander?" I turned towards the smiling older woman with my brows raised questioningly. "I'm glad to see that you're feeling better."

"We all are, Professor." Remus told his head of house with a smile, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Shit! It's starting!" I stated as I saw Madam Hooch step onto the pitch. I quickly brought the microphone closer to me and started my usual spiel.

"Good afternoon, Quidditch fans! Welcome to another exciting match that will be commentated by yours truly, Nora Scamander, aka everyone's favorite Hufflepuff!" I paused with a grin, hearing both my house and Gryffindor let out a wave of loud cheers.

"We've got a fantastic match for the lot of you tonight! First off let me introduce our teams tonight! Whether you love them or are easily annoyed by them, you can't say these gits aren't brilliant on the pitch! Lead by Captain James Potter—bloody brilliant seeker, that one— , it's Gryffindor!"

James shot out onto the pitch, followed by Sirius and the rest of the Gryffindor team. Remus and I applauded our friends along with the rest of the crowd.

"Next up, we've got another brilliant team! You know them, they know basically everything else! Lead by Captain Eliza Harrison—fantastic keeper—, it's Ravenclaw!" I announced, my comment about Ravenclaw earning a few chuckles.

"Now, as always, I've been asked to be as unbiased of a commentator as humanly possible." I stated as usual, before pausing and telling the same joke as always. "But we all know that's not going to happen."

Professor McGonagall, despite her amused expression, scolded warningly. "Scamander."

"Nevertheless, on with the game!" I stated with a grin. "Madam Hooch steps onto the center of the pitch and releases the Snitch! Just a little reminder that whichever team's seeker catches that quick little bastard will receive one hundred points and win the match!"

"Another reminder, that if any of you smug little sods tries to hit me with either the Quaffle or one of the Bludgers, I will personally hex you until you are no longer recognizable to even your mother. Bumphing will result in a foul and a swift smack from me after the match." I said, earning some laughs from the first years and those who didn't know that I wasn't joking. Continuing with the previous statement, I turned and looked at where my long haired best friend hovered on his broom, pointing at him with the Beater's bat that I'd been bringing to every Quidditch match I would commentate for since second year. "I'm talking to you, Sirius Orion Black."

The addressed boy simply grinned, throwing me a teasing wink. I heard Remus laugh from beside me, making me smack the werewolf upside the head. "I will hex you, Remus John Lupin! Do not test me right now!"

"Come on, people! Focus! We have a Quidditch match to start!" I joked, earning some laughs.

"Madam Hooch releases the Bludgers, before tossing the Quaffle." I state, watching as Ravenclaw retrieves the Quaffle. "Ravenclaw Chaser, Marcus Dalton,has the Quaffle."

A loud crack sounded throughout the Quidditch pitch, making me cringe. "Dalton is hit by a Bludger and he has lost the Quaffle! Madam Hooch is calling for a time out, while Dalton is taken to the hospital wing and is replaced by alternate Amelia Foster."

"As Ravenclaw's injured Chaser is escorted to the hospital wing by Professor Flitwick, both teams circle up to discuss their next plays." I explain, my green eyes watching as the teams meet in their separate groups. "Not even ten minutes in and we've already got a player down."

"And we're back with Ravenclaw on offense! Foster passes the Quaffle to fellow Chaser, Timothèe Lafayette, aka everyone's favorite French fry." I commented, making my Divination partner laugh with a shake of his dark curls.

"Foster's pass was intercepted by Gryffindor Chaser, Will Knott—whose name I will forever make puns of." I stated with a grin as Gryffindor scored. "Ten points to Gryffindor! Looks like Will Knott, did!"

Unsurprisingly, my awful pun didn't receive any laughs, besides a few pity chuckles. "I'm horrible, I know."

Halfway through the match, an extremely nasty Ravenclaw Beater, Missy Crawford, launched a Bludger towards my head after a joke I made about her flying skills.

Before the aggressive piece of Quidditch equipment could come into contact with me, I sent it right back with a quick and strong hit with the Beater's bat that I always keep with me during matches.

With a raised eyebrow and a deadly glare, I leaned closer towards the microphone and said in a dangerously calm voice. "Ravenclaw foul by Crawford, due to bumphing with the intent of injuring. That will cause five points to be demoted from Ravenclaw's score."

I looked away from Missy, my green eyes scanning the Quidditch pitch as the game continued. I pressed the button to change Ravenclaw's score from fifty to forty-five.

The score was now tied and both teams were having trouble scoring. My attention shifted to my bespectacled friend, when he shot forward on his broom and began following the Snitch. Ravenclaw's Seeker Nathan McNamara, must have seen this, because he was close on James' tail.

"Potter has eyes on the Snitch with McNamara not far behind!" I announced, grasping Remus' wrist in anticipation. I nervously bit down on my lip, as my sharp green eyes followed the Potter boy.

"James Fleamont Potter, I swear on Merlin's beard I will shun you until we graduate, if you don't catch that Snitch." I joked with a grin as they chased after the small golden ball.

James' hand was barely an inch from the Snitch with Nathan McNamara's close behind. I watched in silent anticipation, muttering a repeated. "Come on, come on, come on."

With a last second burst of motion, James stretched his arm out and grasped the Snitch, causing him to almost fall off his broom.

I shot up from my seat, cheering loudly for my best friend alongside Remus. I excitedly swooped up the microphone and exclaimed. "James Potter has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins with one hundred and forty five points!"

"That's a wrap, ladies and gentlemen! Celebrate tonight accordingly and I will see you all next Friday!" I cheered, before letting out a whoop as I grabbed Remus' hand and dragged him down to where the Gryffindor team was now grounded.

We met James and Sirius on the Quidditch pitch, where I embraced them each in a hug.

"You both were brilliant!" I exclaimed with a wide grin.

"We know." Sirius said with a jokingly smirk, making me roll my eyes and smack him upside the head.

"Well, I wasn't going to let my favorite Hufflepuff shun me until graduation. Now was I?" James joked, referencing my earlier comment and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. My arms went around his torso, as the bespectacled brunette pulled me into a hug.

"I'd be lost without my Norie!" He stated, placing his chin on the top of my head.

"You lot would honestly have gotten yourselves killed by now if it weren't for me." I chuckled lightheartedly.

"She makes a valid point, mates." Remus admitted with a laugh.

"Come on, let's head to the dining hall for a bite." James suggested as we all started walking towards the castle.

"Thank Helga Hufflepuff! I'm starving!" I laugh, causing James to turn and give me a look.

"You're always hungry, Kitty." He laughed, his arm still wrapped around my shoulders.The boys called me Kitty, because my patronus is a polecat and so is my animagus form.

"Fuck off, Prongs! You're not much better!" I scoff, lightly whacking the bespectacled boy on the stomach.

"Come on, love." The blue eyed brunette laughed, shaking his head at me. "Let's get some food into you."

•••••••••••••••

A/N: Boy oh boy, do I have plans for this book.... 😏😏😏😈😈😈

Timothèe Lafayette is portrayed by Timothèe Chalamet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.1K 34
๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...
280K 6.9K 38
Skylar Potter, sister of James Potter. They're in the same year, but he's a whopping ten months older. James is the favorite. He's older, better at...
31.6K 744 28
Lily is going into her 4th year with her best friend, Scorpius Malfoy. Conflict seems to arise, however, when she is inducted as a Marauder with her...
55.4K 1.3K 15
In her seventh and final year at Hogwarts, Lily Evans finds herself facing a tragedy that leaves her life in pieces. She ultimately finds great stren...