Long Live The Queen

By amberleazaleaa

Marinette has a very big secret. She is the princess of China. When Marinettes class win a contest that allow... More

>•<
#ChapterOne--
#ChapterTwo--
#ChapterThree--
#ChapterFour--
#ChapterFive--
#ChapterSix--
#ChapterSeven--
#ChapterEight--
#ChapterNine--
#ChapterTen--
#ChapterEleven--
#ChapterTwelve--
#ChapterThirteen--
#ChapterFourteen
#ChapterFifteen
#ChapterSixteen
#ChapterSeventeen
#ChapterEighteen
#ChapterNineteen
#ChapterTwenty
#ChapterTwentyOne
thankyou!

#ChapterTwentyTwo

8.5K 126 226
By amberleazaleaa

"hey it's alya, leave a message after the beep!" i head alyas voicemail. ugh she never answers when i need her the most.
m-text me asap, i really need to speak to you x
i type quickly and continue my search. i checked back at the pool and no one was there, i checked the ballroom and the dining room and they were both empty apart from the people decorating for my coronation tomorrow. sHiT my coronation is tomorrow. oh no. it completely slipped my mind once again. there is so much to do. my whole class will find out my secret. i can only hope that they don't hate me.
oh my god. adrien. he's for sure. he will think that because i rule china, i'll be just like chloe. this is a stressful time.
"your highness, are you okay?" one of the staff members asked me concerned. i straightened myself up.
"oh yes. i'm fine, thank you." i smile at him and start to leave the room and go to the next. still no sign of them. where are they ughh.
suddenly my phone started ringing. it was adrien oh no. has he found out. wait, maybe he's with alya. i answer quickly.
"um h-hi adrien." i stutter.
"hey marinette. where are you?" he asked me in gentle voice.
"oh, i'm in some room next to the ballroom looking for you all. especially alya, have you seen her?" i say, not stuttering once. it's weird but i was kinda proud of myself.
"yeah, everyone is in the library. we're playing truth or dare, you wanna join us?" he asks.
"sure, i'll be right there. bye." i say and put the phone down. the library, why did i not think of that? but playing truth or dare could go one way or another with alya. it's dangerous playing such a game with a matchmaker like alya.
luckily, the ballroom was only a few staircases away from the library so i got there pretty quickly.
"hey girl! you coming to play?" she asks me with a glint in her eye. she was up to something but i couldn't figure out what.
"um actually i.." i began to speak but i saw everyone looking at me, clearly wanting me to sit down with them and play.
"...i would love to." i smile. "but i do need to talk to you!" i say, my smile disappearing. she nods her head as she makes space in between her and adrien for me to sit down. and there it was. her plan as clear as day. she was trying to get me with adrien. playing truth or dare was her idea was her idea no doubt. i shake my head and smile again. i saw adrien smile a little too. then it hit me. oh my- i'm sitting next to adrien. it's very likely i could have a heart attack right now.
"so since mari just joined, i say that she goes first." kim says wickedly. ugh
"um okay, sure." i smile. i sigh internally.
"truth or dare?" kim asks. hmmm. truth or dare. i'm not making myself look like a fool this time infront of adrien.
"dare. no truth. no dare." i cringe at myself.
"which is it mari?" alix groans out loud.
"hmm dare. yeah, dare." i say, my confidence growing.
"okay then. i dare you to...kiss the person on your left." alix said mischievously.
this. cannot. be. happening. adrien is on my left. no, c'mon marinette. be more confident. be more determined. be more...like alya!
i smirked as i saw adriens cheeks turn a rosy colour. i leaded towards him, making it look as though i'm going for his lips, i quickly dodge his lips and go for his cheek, planting a small peck on the side of his face.
the class looked sort of dumbfounded. alya is sneaky and clever in a sarcastic way. that's exactly what i was going for.
while i still had my little amount of confidence i gave adrien a cheeky wink to which his jaw dropped. a blush grew upon my face at his action. i saw the rosy shade on adriens cheek became a darker colour.
the game lasted only an hour but it seemed longer. my confidence never wavered throughout. although i picked truth for nearly all my goes.
as the room was clearing out i quickly pull alya aside.
"hey girl, what's up? you wanted to talk to me right?" my bestfriend spoke. she had a concerned look on her face.
"there's been a disaster. my parents...my parents are making me get married. they-they've set up a bunch of strange men that they think are suitable and come from a wealthy families for me to meet next week! i can't marry any of them i'm supposed to marry adrien and have 3 kids and a hamster -ugh alya please help me!" i say without taking a breath. this whole entire day has got me exhausted and i'm supposed to be resting today for my coronation tomorrow.
"girl chill out. you will be fine. i think you should go on this date or whatever and see what it's like. if you really don't like it and your parents won't stop just carry on denying them. there is no way the adrienette ship is sinking. we're going to make it sail no matter what." i sighed again. i understood what alya was saying. sort of.
"i guess i can do that. hey you never know, even if i don't marry them we could still be friends. i'm sure they're very handsome and polite but none of them could ever compare to adrien." i say my mind drifting away from reality. i snapped back into it as alya clicked her fingers infront of my eyes.
"girl you good?" she asked, chuckling a little. i nod my head, smiling at my best friend.
"anyways girl, we have to get you ready for your coronation. i can't believe my best friend becomes a queen tomorrow! marinette, i'm so happy for you." she smiled at me.
"thanks alya! i'm just nervous at how everyone will react." i say anxiously.
"i can't wait to see the look on chloe's face! speaking of her, she's been very quite this whole trip. it's like she's not even here." alya said as we walked out of the room and up to my bedroom.
"yeah i know it's weird. i think sabrina has been keeping her occupied." i shrug my shoulders and sit on the sofa.
our conversation drifted from one subject to the next. we laughed nonstop and gossiped about basically everything and everyone. talking to alya is the best because she understands. i don't know what i'd do without alya.
"so that little kiss with adrien. how was that?" alya wiggles her eyebrows at me. a blush spread across my cheeks.
"i mean it was okay¿ it wasn't like it was on the lips or anything but it's a start." i give a nervous laugh.
"girl, everyone thought you were going to kiss him on the lips. it looked like even adrien believe you were going to, too." plagg and tikki made their way over to us and laid themselves over us. we laughed as we stroked their stomachs.
"i mean i was tempted but i chickened out. plus i kind of wanted to be a little mischievous you know? like you. you're very daring, i wanted to be like that." i smile.
"mari, next time you get the chance i say you go for it. like, you didn't hear this from me or anything but apparently he told nino who told me that he really really likes you. i mean this could be something. i know it is!" alya smirked.
adrien likes me? no way. adrien likes me! omg omg.
"no way. you gotta be mistaken." i nervously smile at her again. she shook her head. i was about to say something when the bell chimed. 6pm, dinner time.
"c'mon girl, i'm starving. race you!" alya said as she gently moved tikki off her lap and raced through the double doors. i did the same with plagg. i moves him aside and kissed the top of his head in goodbye as i sprint through the same doorway.
i lost of course but i wasn't too far behind. luckily for me, alya had chose her seat wisely. i knew what her plan was yet again. the tables were set out differently for tomorrow so instead of the rectangular shape they usually are, they were circular. on our table sat in order was nino then alya, then an empty seat for me, adrien and another empty seat that was also next to nino. i sat myself between alya and adrien.
"h-hey marinette." adrien greeted, scratching the back of his neck. i blushed internally. why did he have to be so cute?!
"oh, hey adrien." i smiled.
"so, are you excited for the princess' coronation tomorrow?" he asked me in excitement.
"um i am actually. it's a very big event. i'm sure that it will go well." i said. lies were pouring out of my mouth. i wasn't excited, i was so nervous. i don't think it will go well, i think that i will forget absolutely everything i'm supposed to say. it's a mess. i'm a mess.
i think adrien caught my little nervous glances at my hands as he put his hand on top on mine.
"i know your close to the princess and i'm sure it will go fine. she will do amazing." he smiled at me. i returned it. all i ever seem to be doing is just smiling. i can't help it though, i'm in my home country surrounded by the people i love. and even though the biggest day of my life occurs tomorrow, i'm glad that everyone will be here with me.
"what have you ordered? everything looks so good!" he asks. everything on the menu is good. frankie is the best chef i know!
"i've ordered the salmon which i highly recommend. but the carbonara pasta and grilled streak is really good too. frankie is really the best. apart from my uncle of course." i smile to myself thinking about when my uncle came to paris and made his soup.
"i think i might try the salmon too. it sounds and looks delicious." adrien says, his eyes scrolling up and down the menu. i smile at the boy next to me.
after dinner, we all went into the living quarters. we didn't play any games like before, we just chatted. it was nice. it was also quite sad as i realized that i'll probably never get the chance to do this again with everyone.
"i'll be right back." i say to alya as i get up and leave the room to go to my bedroom. i just needed a breather. with everyone in the room if was getting a big hot. i sighed.
i rang the purple buzzer and kitania answered.
"your highness, is there something i can do for you?" she asked.
"could you bring me up a drink?" i replied back.
"anything in particular?" "a coffee please." she hummed in response to my request and ended the conversation. even though i was hot, it was making me tired and i need to stay awake. at least for now and coffee seemed like the only option.
i didn't wait very long for kitania to come up with the drink. "here you go mari." she smiled as she handed it to me.
"thank you, kitania." i returned the smile. i took a sip of the piping hot liquid. it was good. just what i needed.
"your dress for tomorrow is gorgeous!" she said, picking it up to hand up on the back of my door. i got up and stood next to her.
"i know! i mean even though it's white and looks a big like a wedding gown, i still love it." i say, stroking the dress. suddenly i heard a small bang and turned around so fast i could've got whip lash. fortunately it was only plagg. he had knocked down one of my perfume bottles onto the floor. unfortunately, the swift movements i made caused my drink to spill...all over my dress. i wanted to cry.
"no, no, no. this can't happen. not now." i put the cup down before the rest of it goes on me.
"oh mari!" i heard kitania cry out in shock.
"what am i going to do?!" i say, covering my face. of course this i would happen to me. i'm so stupid omg.
"can you call up for my mother please." i say paving around my room. kitania nodded her head and pressed a different button that i forgot was there. it was blue and had little gold circles on it.
"hi yes, this is kitania alamora. i am princess marinettes lady. she had asked me if you could request queen sabine's presence to her chambers at once, thankyou...oh and to bring a couple of alfredo's dresses up." she said and released the device. kitania came and sat next to me in my bed.
"i'm sure your dress will be fine, mari. you're mother will have a solution. and if not, there are plenty more dresses." she rubbed my back in support.
"thank you, kitania." i say. there was 3 gentle taps on my door.
"come in." i said calmly and my mother walked through with a bunch of alfredo's best dresses.
"as soon as i heard dresses i suspected something had happened. to be honest mari, i wasn't keen on white anyways, save that for the big wedding day yes?" she smiled and began to lay the dresses out on my sofa. i internally rolled my eyes.
"okay so. what we got here?" i force a smile on my face. some of these dresses were actually really nice. i couldn't choose at first.
"how bout you try them on before making any decisions?" kitania suggested.
"yeah." i say taking the first dress.

"i mean. it's nice. i love the lace. that's probably my favourite thing about this dress. it's just plunging necklines and the colour blue isn't really my thing." i shrug my shoulders. kitania hummed. she looked at all the dresses and almost dived across the room for one. she handed it to me with a big smile on her face. i nod my head and went to change.

"i love it!" i say as i walk out. "i love the silk, i love the diamanté's, the style, it's brilliant." i smile at them half heartedly.
"but?" mother said. i sighed.
"it's just not right. you know? i'm not getting that kinda vibe from it. it's gorgeous, just not the dress for me." i frown.
"don't worry, mari. we still have about 2 more dresses to go. have some hope, my darling!" mother beamed at me before going to unhook another dress from it's hanger.
"now. go try this on while we tidy up a bit¿" she gave me the dress and went to help kitania clean up.

"mother. is alfredo crazy? i mean, it's a lovely dress but seriously? the flowers, the sheer n slightly poofed sleeves? i'll sweat so much. i simply cannot." i slightly narrow my eyebrows towards my mother. i saw her roll her eyes.
"you look lovely darling. there's one dress left so please just choose. it's getting quite late too. almost 8:30 and you'll be needing your beauty sleep." she tried to say in the nicest way possible. i sigh again.
"fine give me the dress." i say as kitania handed me the piece of clothing.

"i think this is the one. it's gorgeous." i say as i step from behind the curtain.
"oh marinette, you look amazing. i totally agree with you. it's perfect. alfredo really outdid himself with this one." mom said, beaming at me.
i looked at kitania out of the corner of my eye and i smile. i see her staring at me in astonishment.
"mari, you look beautiful. you simply cannot say yes to this dress." she says, mouth wide open. i blush and give a little giggle.
"this is the one. i love it. it's prefect!" i say and twirl around.
"okay. great. let's get you out of it and we'll send everyone off to bed. we have a. very busy day tomorrow." mom says and winks at me.
"kitania, come with me. i'll fetch amberle. she can help marinette dress herself for bed tonight." kitania nodded and followed my mother out of my room.
i sat on my bed and played with my kittens whilst i waited for amberle.

sabine pov*
"kitania, i need you to do me a favour." i said to my daughters maiden.
"anything, your majesty." she said politely. i've always liked kitania. i trust her way more than i trust amberle. amberle loves to party while kitania would rather stay home and read a book. shes always very polite and remembers her manners.
"i need you to look out for my daughter. she stresses easily, as you know, and i'm worried about her." i say, trying to hide the distress in my voice.
marinette stresses far more than she should. she doesn't trust herself or have faith in herself unlike i and her father do. sometimes, it causes problems. she used to refuse to speak at balls or formal dinners. she overthinks and goes into a panic mode and i simple won't allow that to happen tomorrow.
"of course. the princess can be a handful at times when it comes to her panicking haha. but don't worry. amberle and i will look out for her tomorrow and make sure that everything's in order. it will go just how you plan. i give you my word, your majesty." she says, giving me a warm smile.
"thankyou, kitania. now, if you don't mind, can you go fetch amberle to take care of marinette for tonight? i would but i must retire to my own chambers before the school children see me." i return kitanias warm smile before heading off to my bedroom.

marinette pov*
"what am i going to do plagg? it's my coronation tomorrow. everyone is going to find out i'm the princess-" tikki interrupted my meowing. i suddenly realized what she said.
"sorry tikki. everyone's going to find out in the QUEEN of china. i have too many responsibilities and jobs to do. i won't be able to finish my education in paris or see my friends ever again. and don't even get me started on the whole marriage thing, which is next week might i just add." i sigh and roll onto my stomach.
"what do you guys think?" i say to plagg and tikki. they just stare at me. tikki gave me another meow before plagg got up and pounced on top of my back.
i gave a happy chuckle before laying my head on top of my hands. tikki came and nudged her face against my nose.
"i love you guys." i took plagg off my back and sat up.
a knock on the door interrupted my play time with the cats.
"come in?" i shout quietly. it must be amberle. i must say, it's been a while since mother and kitania left. i would've thought that amberle would've been here in seconds.
"hey, princess." i knew that voice.
"james?!" i say, in shock. whats he doing here??
"yeah, it's me. don't worry, no one saw me come in." he chuckled slightly. for some reason, it made me more anxious than relieved that no one saw he was in my room.
"what are you doing here?" i ask, smoothing my clothes over to make myself look the slightest bit presentable.
"i was on a tour around the castle and someone mentioned that this was the princess' room and i just had to take a look. nice crib." he flashed me a smile. i couldn't help but smile back.
"um thanks. you...you haven't told anyone? that i'm the princess right?" i ask, nervously.
"of course not. i know you want to keep it a secret. well, until tomorrow that is. how are you feeling about that?" he asked. i pat down beside me on my bed, trying to be polite. he happily walked over and sat beside me. plagg and tikki seemed not to like him and they quickly hurried off to the other side of the room where their beds are.
"i mean. i'm nervous i suppose but i'm excited too. i won't have to hide this massive secret however, i'm scared that my classmates might hate me for hiding such a secret. although, i am eager to see this one girls face. her name is chloe. she's the class bully and i'm her favorite target." i smile.
"bully? you know you could just call your bodyguards and they would sort her out straight away right?" he asked.
"well yes. but that would be a bit over the top and a massive give away. plus, there are spies literally everywhere i go. whether they're to keep an eye on me for safety reasons or to plot against me and have me either killed or the throne taken away from me. if suddenly two buff guys go over to some teenaged girl and ask her to stop bullying the princess or she'll face some serious consequences, they'd suspect something." i shrugged my shoulders.
my whole life, there have been spies around me. in fact, one of my chemistry teachers, ms mendeleiev was a spy working for the unknown group of attackers until cole and josh found out and had a stern talking with her. now she's just your regular science teacher who knows more than she should.
"well still. did you end up having a word with her? telling her to back off and leave you alone?" james asked me.
"sometimes i'll lose my temper a bit and tell her off of her behavior i suppose. but more often than not, i'll just ignore her and carry on with my day." i turn towards him and cross my legs.
"better than nothing i suppose. so what's the plan for tomorrow? is there anything big happening for your coronation?" he asked me, curiously. i didn't really want to give much away incase the attackers had bugged my room from when they last attacked. and plus, i had a plan ready to surprise everyone including my parents.
"well. i mean i do have some special guests coming. and obviously extra security but don't worry they'll be practically invisible. i guess i could tell you that at the ball there's going to be some events happening so everyone won't be bored, dancing all night. in paris, there are lots of carnivals and festivals that's take place all around the country, not just i. paris. i planned for some rides to be outside so that everyone can have fun. plus, the food is going to be to die for!" i laugh. i'm really excited for it.
"it sounds great, marinette." he smiled sadly at me.
"you look sad. are you okay?" i asked him, putting my hand on top of his to give him comfort.
"i don't think i'm able to attend the coronation." he looked down at his lap.
"what? why?" i asked. i really wanted james to be there. he's such a nice guy and i think that over time we could actually be really good friends.
"it's my father. he's not the biggest fan of the royal family and when i suggested that you had invited me, he said maybe and it's looking as if i won't be able to come." he looked at me with sad eyes.
"no. you're coming. i'll even send out some guards to invite him to the coronation too. even though, it's a bit last minute." i smile at him reassuringly.
"you would really do that for me?" he returned my smile.
"of course. what are friends for?" i said before he tackled me into a hug.
"thank you so much!" he released me before standing up.
"it is getting rather late though so i really should get going. have an amazing day marinette, i'll be there supporting you all the way." he waved before leaving the bedroom.
i sigh to myself before amberle stumbles into my room.
"i'm so sorry i'm late mari. i had some business to sort out but i'm here and i'm ready to get you ready for your last night as a princess. how you feeling?" she asked me with a bright, excited smile.
"much better than i was before." all thanks to james.

james pov*
as soon as i left marinettes bedroom and escaped down one of the stupidly abandoned hallways my phone rang.
"hello." i answered. the caller was unknown until i heard their voice.
"did you do it? are we in?" they asked me.
"father. yes, we're in. i've just left her bedroom and nearly all corridors are unguarded so the job will be quick and easy. just as you said, sir. i'll tell you everything when i get home just incase i'm found by one of the guards wandering around somewhere." i reply formally.
"well done, my son." was all my father said before ending the call. what i do for this family. i say in my head. rolling my eyes before sneaking down to the bottom floor and escaping through one of the large, open windows to go home.

marinette pov*
i'm awoken by amberle, kitania and sofia as they stumble through the double doors nearly taking them off the hinges in the process. i'm suddenly hit by the realization of what day it is. my coronation day.
"today is the day! oh my gawd, i'm so excited!" amberle gushed as she brought out my dress from behind the changing screen.
"how are you feeling, princess?" sofia asked me, clearing my desk of the items i had on it before setting the makeup on.
"nervous. very nervous actually. like i could be sick kinda nervous. but i'm also excited. i have a very big surprise for everyone and will hopefully show everyone what i will be capable of when i'm queen." i say. hopefully my parents will be proud of what i have arranged and will realize i'm able to take care of myself.
"well i'm excited to see it. so, if you'd hop into the shower i've just ran for you mari, then we can start getting you ready. it's gonna be a stressful 6 hours!" kitania laughs light-heartedly. but there is truth behind her words and we all know it. not just the next 6 hours but all day. starting from 12, i will have a permenant weight on my shoulders. i'm strong enough to bare it though and i'm going to prove it to everyone who thinks otherwise.
as i'm standing in the shower letting the warm water rinse over me, i took that few minutes to kind of think i've everything i'm heading into. all the positives and negatives of being queen - which i've done many, many times. but overall, i'm quite lucky. not many people my age can say that they're a queen after all. i have money that will stabilize my future, supportive friends and family, food and a roof over my head. what more could a girl want?
however, i will always have people criticizing every movement i take, ever action i do. people that think i'm not fit to rule whether it's my age or gender, people who just don't like my family or my status, or people who think it's right to go around trying to slaughter a family of importance. that thought made me shiver. i will constantly have a target in my back. i mean, i suppose i've always had it there but it becomes that much larger and easier.
i quickly wash my hair whilst also washing those horrible thoughts away. i should be looking forward to becoming queen. becoming a ruler of my county and doing it proud. i also can't wait to see the lol on chloe's face when she realizes that she's been bullying the future queen of china. i need someone to take a photo of that.
as soon as i'm out, kitania instantly puts a robe around me and sits me in a chair while sophia comes behind me and sorts out my hair. she trims it a little first so i don't have any split ends before she blow dries it.
"how are you wanting your hair styled, princess?" sophia asked me while she brushed through my hair.
"um i really don't know. how bout you surprise me?" i flash her a soft but excited smile. she nodded her head and got to work immediately.
i watched in the mirror as she worked, making little conversation due the to constant focus.
sophia straightened my hair and put two french braids in and tying them with little red ribbons before letting the rest of my hair loose and slightly curling my hair at the ends.

"sofia, it's beautiful. thank you so much!" i say gratefully.
"you're welcome, princess." she beams at me and i return it.
"so i was thinking for your makeup, because your dress is so extravagant you wouldn't really want to draw attention away from it so just a simple makeup look with a little red shadow. i might add a little gold to spruce it up a little. how does that sound?" she asked me.
"sounds perfect." i beamed at her once more. excitement settling in once again.
it didn't take too long for sophia to make me look like a goddess and i really did feel like one too.

"sophia, you've really outdone yourself. it's beautiful i can't thank you enough." i turned around to embrace her. she accepted and returned.
"thank you princess. but if i may.." she grabbed a ted lipstick and filled my lips in.
"now, you look absolutely perfect princess." she smiled at me before clearing the table.
"mari its almost time for you to put your dress on, you coming?" amberle says coming through the door with my dress and hanging it on my dressing screen.
"yes, yes, yes i'm ready." i say with a beaming smile on my face. the nerves have settled down a little now and i'm just so excited to put my dress on and be the queen that i know deep inside i am.
as i'm putting on the dress, i couldn't remember it being so hard to fasten the night before when i tried it on.
"erm, amberle could you help me please? i can't fasten it." i say awkwardly, quickly covering myself up as she peered from behind the screen.
"i know why. your mother insisted that they add a corset to the dress. something about corsets being a traditional thing." i rolled my eyes.
"how am i going to breathe in this thing. ugh." i sigh. if it wasn't hard enough to breathe before the corset it sure is now.
"don't worry, mari. i'll not fasten it too tightly." amberle winked at me through the screens mirror as i breathe a thankyou.
"marinette, you look absolutely stunning." kitania said smiling at me from my lounge chair.
"mari you really do look like royalty. you're going to amaze everyone! as usual of course." amberle giggled.
"i feel absolutely beautiful. thanks to sophia and 'fredo!" i beam. suddenly we're interrupted by two gentle knocks at the door.
"kitania, could you get that for me please?" i smile nervously before going behind the changing screen incase it was a classmate.
"sure." she said before answering the door.
"where is she? i need to speak with marinette before she shows herself to the crowd." i heard my mother speak.
"i'm here mother, what's up?" i ask. my mom looked anxious.
"oh mari, you look incredible. but i've got some bad news." my face dropped.
"what's wrong? what's happened?" i ask. the butterflies in my stomach are going crazy.
"when your father was injured, we hired some investigators to track down the assassins and it's leader. they've just reported back that they have someone on the inside. someone is trying to get close to us mari. they're already in the castle along with many other assassins. i just want you to be extra cautious today okay?" my mother said.
why now? why today?
"yeah, i'll be fine don't worry. i'll have cole and josh walk me down anyways so i'll be fine." i give her my most fake smile ever but hoping that it doesn't seem as staged.
she kissed my forehead and told me to be safe again before she left my room followed my two guards that i didn't recognize.
"we have half an hour. are you ready, princess?" sophia asked me, finally done packing up all her equipment.
"yeah, we should probably go. give me time to prepare and that." i smile and leave my room.
"we should probably go through here so no one sees us. um, sophia can you please go find cole and josh? i'd feel safer if they were here waiting with me." i ask her and she nodded her hand, scurrying off to go find my guards.
"don't worry mari, today's going to go perfectly i'm sure." amberle patted my shoulder before walking in front of me to show me the way.
it wasn't long before we were waiting to go into the throne room. i could see through the closed double doors that there were hundreds of people already in there and still many more still entering the room. i spotted my class straight away. they were right upfront.
mother and father weren't there yet of course. it was just the guests and a couple of guards. i couldn't see james yet either.
"mari, you look amazing!" i heard a voice from behind me.
"cole! josh! you're here. thank god." i smile and hug them both.
"we're here princess. we'll never leave your side, i promise." josh said before stroking my head gently.
"thankyou. both of you." i smile at them. "amberle, kitania. yous can head into the hall now. i'll stay with the boys." i smile again at the girls infront of me.
"are you sure mari?" amberle asked me.
"yes, yes of course. i'll be walking in there in about 5 minutes. you go quickly get your seats." the girls nod at me before giving my hand a tight squeeze and running off into the room and getting the seats that were empty next to the rest of the staff.
"you ready to become queen?" cole asked me.
"you know what? i think i am." i flash my brightest smile at him.
i turn around and see papa. my face was brightened by his presence. he still seemed to be in pain ever since he left the hospital but he was getting better each day.
"marinette. darling. you look so beautiful. i'm so proud of the woman you have become. i know your mother has given you a warning about who's in this castle but i want you to relax. don't be getting yourself or anyone around you panicked okay? just be calm and enjoy yourself. i love you so much." father said kissing the top of my forehead.
"i will and i love you too. but where is mother actually?" i ask.
"i'm sure she'll be inside soon. don't worry she'll be there. i ah e to go introduce you now. be ready. cole, josh." he said looking at the men behind me.
"yes, your majesty." they said in union.
"i want to thank you for taking care of my daughter and for continuing to do so today." father compliment them and i heard little thankyou mumbles before father chuckled.
"i'll see you soon." i wave at him as he left. i stepped closer to the doors peering through and listening to what's happening.
"please stand for the king and queen!" i heard the announcer yell and trumpets began. everyone stood as only my father walked through. where's mom?
"please forgive the queens absence, she'll be here very shortly. but for now i would like to thank you all for being here to celebrate my daughters coronation. she is strong, independent and incredibly determined. i know for a fact that she will do this country very proud." he smiled.
"please welcome your future queen!" he yelled as the trumpets blew again, everyone stood up and the doors burst open revealing me.
be strong, be confident, be strong, be confident.
i repeat this in my head as i walk down the red and gold carpet with a smile on my face and my head held high. i ignored all of the gasps and whispers from my classmates. i heard a little 'whoop' which came from alya of course shock i casually winked at her.
cole and josh quick on their feet behind me.
all i can think about is not falling over! i can feel everyone staring at me, if i fall over now it will be the end of me.
i look at my father smiling at me. i shine one back as i reach for his hand to help me up the stairs.
"please, sit." my father says to the audience before leading me towards the throne.
it felt weird sitting in my father's chair. it was incredibly comfortable but a bit hard too. it felt right though.
my father lifted the crown off of his head and placed it into mine.
"is your majesty willing to take the oath?" he asked me.
"i am willing." i answered.
"will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the peoples of the nine nations of china, taiwan and of your possessions and the other territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?" he asked.
"i solemnly promise so to do." i say smiling at him as he smiles back too.
"will you to your power cause law and justice, in mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?"
"i will"
"will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of god and the true profession of the gospel? will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the nine nations of china the protestant reformed religion established by law? will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the church of china, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in china and taiwan? and will you preserve unto the churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?" he asked again.
"all this i promise to do so." i said as i rose from my chair. my father withdrew the sword of state and i walked behind him towards an alter.
i lay my right hand on the holy gospel that was laying on the edge.
"the things which i have here before promised, i will perform and keep. so help me god" i said before gently kissing the bible and signing the oath.
"long live the queen!!" my father yelled at the top of his voice.
"long live the queen!" echoed back at him from the crowd. chanting and cheering was all you could hear through the great city.
i walked back and sat down on the throne once more and father stood infront of me.
he kissed my forehead before whispering in my ear.
"you're going to be the greatest ruler china has ever had. i am so very proud of you and love you dearly." he gave a deep smile.
"thank you papa, i love you too." i squeezed his hand before rising. i felt cole and josh straight behind me as i began to walk out of the throne room. i was so happy, my smile couldn't get any bigger.
i was escorted into the ballroom and soon enough so were the guests. all my friends rushing towards me asking so many questions.
"mari i'm so happy for you!" alya gushed before wrapping me into a hug.
"thankyou so much alya. for everything really. you're the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for!" i smile at her.
"i mean, it would've been nice for some clue on who you were but i'm sure you're going to make a pretty badass queen mari." nino chuckled to himself before hugging me too.
"thanks nino! i'm so sorry i had to hide this from you all. there's people who don't agree with me being on the throne so my identity had to be a secret but now you all know and i'm so excited to share this day with all of you!" i flash everyone a smile. the biggest and realest smile.
"marinette?" i heard someone say my name. adrien. oh no.
"a-adrien. erm, well this is me hehe." i giggle nervously.
"i have a secret of my own actually and i think now is the right time to tell you." he said just as anxious.
"please, go ahead aha." i rub his arm trying to relax him although i'm just as on edge. i catch alya and nino slowly sneaking away. i also realize that it's just me and a friend standing to the side of the room. i didn't actually notice that everyone had cleared away from us.
"marinette, i love you. so much. and i also think that you should know that it was me...in the closet at the dinner. i'm so sorry if you don't feel the same way or if you think that-" his words were soon muffled by my lips pushed up against his. it was a sweet kiss and didn't last as long as we both would've liked but we were both satisfied.
"all i've ever wanted was to be yours. i love you too." i smile at him. he pulled me closer by my hips and pressed his lips against mine once again.
this kiss was very gentle but doubled in the amount of passion. it wasn't quite desperate but i could feel that he's been holding it in for a long time. as i was about to deepen the kiss a cough interrupted us. 
a blush instantly appeared on both of our faces.
"sorry to interrupt your majesty, but your father needs to see you immediately." josh said obviously feeling slightly awkward.
"yes um tell him i'll be right there." he nodded his head before walking away.
"we'll get back to this soon. um, yes okay right see you later." i chuckle nervously before pecking him on the cheek and rushing away to meet father.
"whats up, papa? josh said it was urgent." i say as i walk into the throne room.
"we can't find your mother." those 5 words made my heart almost stop.
"what do you mean you can't find her?" i say, fearing the worst.
"there has been no sighting of her since she left your room. i've had all the guards alerted but not one is yet to report anything." he said obviously distressed.
"don't worry father i'll do my own digging. i'm sure mother's fine. she's been just as stressed as i have been about this coronation. she's probably just fell asleep somewhere." i try to give a reassuring smile but i don't even believe the words that is coming out of my mouth.
father nodded his head.
"cole, josh. i want you at my daughters side. don't lose her out of your sight at all." he ordered my guards.
i looked at him worryingly.
"just a precaution. i'm not feeling totally safe. i'll be staying in this room until we find your mother."
i reach for fathers hand and kiss it before leaving back to the ballroom.
on my way there i see james wandering around the halls.
"james!" i say. a smile reappearing on my face.
"well hey, princess. or should i say your majesty." he chuckled.
"oh shush." i smirk. "i didn't see you in the throne room. where were you?"
"i was with your mom. she wasn't feeling very well so i thought that she might want to lie down so we took her downstairs. i was just on my way to check on her you coming?" he asked innocently.
"please! i've been worried sick so has papa." i say as i begin to follow james.
"oh erm. your guards should probably stay here. i don't think the queen would want them to see her in such a state you know?" he says. i suppose i wouldn't want anyone to see me when i'm ill.
"sure. you guys okay here for a sec?" i ask the boys behind me.
"mari are you sure? we aren't supposed to leave your side." cole asked me.
"it's fine. i trust james he'll look after me." i say pecking both of their cheeks.
cole and josh looked uncertain.
"don't worry fellas. i'll take care of the princess." james said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
"we'll be right out here mari okay? if you need us just shout." josh said before moving a couple steps back.
i nodded before following james into a room under the staircase that i didn't even know existed.
"how did you find this room? i didn't even realize it was here" i chuckle.
"i've don't my fair share of exploring, mari. your mother is in there. ladies first." he smiles. chills run down my spine.
"um are you sure? that's a pretty dark room? wait, is that even a room? does it lead to somewhere else?" i ask.
"what's with all the questions? don't you trust me? c'mon mari your mom will be waiting." james says.
"oh alright. i still don't like this." i say before stepping inside the room. as soon as i took two steps forward to see if i was right about the room leading to somewhere else in the castle, the door slams and locks quickly.
"james? james, hey! let me out. what are you doing?" i shout.
"sorry, your majesty. women aren't meant to rule. you are unfit to have the responsibility of china on your shoulders never mind your age! i wasn't lying when i said your mother is down there. she's at the very bottom." he laughs. his laugh sends shivers down my spine once again. it's cold and almost sinister.
"james please. let me out, i beg of you. please let me out." tears began to fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
"i'm sorry, marinette. you're a lovely person but this is necessary. maybe one day i'll let you out but for now just sit tight. your father will join you shortly haha." he cackles before leaving.
"cole! josh! please. anyone? please come help me." i shout at the top of my lungs. not a sound. i drop to my knees.
i sob for what seems hours before i realize i'm not alone.
"mother? are you here?" i say. i get a mumbled response in return. maybe she is down there?
"i'm coming mom." i say. lifting my dress up gently and i walk down the steep steps.
as i walk down the stairway into a dark hallway, i finally see light.
"mom are you there?" i ask.
silence. maybe i just imagined what i thought was some sort of response.
i continue following the light with the tiniest bit of hope that i am not alone.
just to my luck, i see her. my mother with mascara running down her face, gagged and chained to the wall.
tears flood my eyes at the sight of her there. looking so vulnerable. so broken.
i rush over to her.
"mom! oh my lord, are you okay? did he hurt you?" i say as i un-gag her and kneel infront of her.
"i-i'm fine. i thought i'd never see you again if i'm totally honest with you. i thought he would try and hurt you." mother sobbed. i hug her trying to comfort her. she's freezing.
"he didn't hurt me but i think he's targeting father. he's the spy. he-he's working for the assassins." tears dropped from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.
"we're okay. your father is so strong and so brave. he's also very clever so i'm sure that by now he's figured that we're missing. especially since i wasn't at the coronation." she half smiled.
"i can't believe i missed your big moment. but i know that once we are rescued, you are going to be a brilliant ruler and china will be so grateful to have you." she kissed my cheek when i went in for another hug.
"i love you so, so much." i say in her ear.
"i love you more, my darling girl. now c'mon, any chance you can pick this lock?" she said and shook her wrists and the chains jingled.
i searches my dress and found...absolutely nothing. i shook my head at my mother and sighed.
as she looked around the room, something shiny caught my eye.
suddenly and idea came to my head like a full on light bulb moment.
"earrings! i could use the backs of my earrings, surely they're good enough to pick a couple locks right?" i raise my eyebrows.
"it's worth a shot." she says as i began to take out my left earring. it wasn't as big as i thought but it was better than nothing.
"i think i almost..." the earring suddenly fell from my hand.
"never mind, it's too small. oh, what about one of your hair clips? like in the movies?" i suggest.
mother shrugged her shoulders.
"okay, lets give this a try." i say and jam the clip into the padlock.
"it's our not so lucky but lucky day, mom!" i bear at her as the locks drop to the floor, releasing my mother's hands which are now suddenly wrapped around me.
"my genius daughter. you're an angel, truly."
"let's go! we need someone to release us." i say as i run down the hallway and up the stairs hand in hand with my mother.
we bang in the door like there's no tomorrow in hopes that someone might just hear us.

adrien pov*
marinette loves me. she loves me!!
"alya, nino!" i say, running towards the couple.
"hey, dude. did you talk to mari?" nino asked me.
"yeah.. and then she um kissed me. she told me she loved me." i beam at my bestfriends.
"i'm so happy for you, adrien." alya said letting go of nino to wrap me in a hug. nino soon followed her actions.
"speaking of, where is her majesty?" alya asked.
"her father needed to speak to her. it looked and sounded urgent so i didn't really ask any questions. that was quite a long time ago now though." i shrugged my shoulders.
"i have a bad feeling." alya said rubbing her stomach. nino nodded his head in agreement.
"you want to go find tom? or em the king i suppose we have to call him now?" i asked the two.
"yeah, let's go." nino said before leading us out of the double doors to the throne room.
when we entered it was so quiet we hardly noticed the king sitting there.
"your majesty?" i stepped forward.
he cleared his voice with a hefty cough before speaking.
"adrien, my boy please call me tom. what can i do for you?" he gave me a friendly smile. it was warm and welcoming.
"we were wondering if you knew where marinette was? we had a bad feeling ever since she left the ballroom and that was quite some time ago." i said.
"it has been awhile hasn't it? i called marinette here to give her some news about my wife's sudden disappearance and she was determined to find her so i sent her with cole and josh but i haven't heard from them either. i was getting a bit anxious myself." he admitted.
"c'mon, we have to go find them all." i turn around to alya and nino.
"i will accompany you, adrien. me and you will take the south side of the palace, alya and nino you can take the north side. i'll have my guards placed east and west and we'll meet back here." tom said, getting to his feet and sending signals to the guards at the back of the room to leave as he said which they did without hesitation.
as soon as we all split up, it was a little bit of an awkward silence between me and tom.
"so adrien.. how's school been?" tom asked trying to make little conversation.
"it's been okay. lost of homework to do though but i enjoy it anyways." i say with a little smile.
"i'm glad you're finding some enjoyment in your education. it's important. i admire that about you, my boy. you do always manage to see the bright side of things don't you?" he says, absentmindedly.
"i try my best at least. i know marinette does that too. it's one of the things that i lov- admire about her the most." i say hoping he didn't catch my mistake.
"don't worry son, you can say love. i know the way you two feel towards eachother. i see it in your eyes. i approve. now c'mon less of this chit chat, we've got to find them." he says before speeding up a bit more.
he approves of mine and mari's relationship!!!!! if this wasn't such a dangerous situation i would be jumping for joy. but he's right. marinette and sabine are the most important people right now.
"hey tom, what's this? we didn't go down there when we were in our tour around the palace." i asked as i pointed to a door under some stairs.
"it's the...it used to be a torture chamber. back in the old days, my ancestors used to have slaves and if they disobeyed it tried to rebel against them they'd bring them down here and do unspeakable acts to them. acts that we defiantly do not approve of here. the only good thing about this day and age is that rooms such as these aren't as popular or allowed.
knowing these assassins, there is a good chance that they're in there. help me crack this door open will you?" he hair as he tried to pry the handle open. it took a few tries but we managed to get it open, only to find another door.
"is this some kind of trap or maze?" i ask.
"no. it's a security issue. my father installed double doors on most rooms in the house just for emergencys. there are only two doors to each.
suddenly, bangs are ringing through the door.
"mari?!" i shout as i bang back.
"adrien?!" i head back.
"tom! it's them. they're in here. mari, stand back." i say as i take a big run up and run straight towards the door using my foot to take it down. the rusty door falls straight away revealing a dirty looking marinette and sabine.
tom goes straight to sabine as adrien runs to marinette. both hugging their loved ones.

marinette pov*
as soon as the door came down, i've never wanted to hug adrien as much as i did right then.
"i knew you would find us. i did. thank you so much." i say as i pull him into a deep, loving kiss.
"i'll always find you mari. whenever and wherever you are, i'll always be there. forever, princess." he said before kissing me one last time before we were interrupted again. i've always adored the nickname he gave me. ever since we were 14/15 years old. it would occasionally slip out and i would blush like crazy.
"as much as i'm happy to see you's together, we need to go back." sabine smiles at the two teenagers.
"yes. they'll be in their way back for sure. plus i'm sure alya and nino are already back at the throne room." adrien says. before leading us all out.
as soon as we're back in the throne room, cole, josh, alya and nino are all there pacing around.
"oh thank the lord!" i heard alya scream as she ran towards me and hugged me in the tightest hug i've ever received.
"girl, you are never to leave my sight ever again."
"haha. i promise i'll never leave your sight ever again." i snails at my bestfriend.
"plus, you have SO much to tell me!" she winked.
"as soon as this is all over i'll fill you in on everything." i say as i squeeze alya once more.
cole and josh were next.
"i am so sorry marinette." josh said.
"don't be. it was my fault. i put my trust in the wrong people. from now on i'll listen to what my father says hehe." i hug both my bodyguards. i don't know where i'd be right now if it wasn't for them.
as i was released from hugging nino, the doors burst open, the hinges nearly coming off.
"well, well, well, what do we have here? a family reunion. how cute." james said slyly.
i could basically see the smoke coming from adrien. his face filled with disgust.
"you-" he began before i pulled him back.
"this is not your fight. please don't. let me keep you safe for once." i squeeze his hand. he nodded his head slowly. as much as i love him and i know he wants to protect me, i can't put him in danger again.
"what do you want james?" i spat.
"i want you, marinette. just you and me together, forever. my boss doesn't want you in the throne. because your a woman you can't do a mans job. give up the throne and everything will be fine. we can be together." james spoke smoothly. he seemed unusually relaxed.
"you're out of your mind if you think i'll just give it up to some lunatic that thinks he has some right to the throne and as if i would ever be with someone who locked me up in some old torture chamber." i say again.
"oh, he has a right to the throne." he walked and sat down on one of the sofas, looking adrien up and down.
"you see, you aren't the only air the the throne...princess" james smirked.
i felt adrien stiffen behind me. he squeezed my hand tighter.
"you don't get to call her that." he said with such hatred. such venom in his voice. i've never heard adrien speak with such anger in his voice. in some unusual way, it makes him even more hot but i wouldn't like to be on the other side of it.
"oh and what are you going to do about it huh?" james smirked again.
"nothing. he's not going to do anything and neither are you. your right is with me, not him. leave adrien out of it." i said. anger filling me up.
"okay, enough if this. what do you really want james." my father spoke.
"well my boss want marinette to give up the throne to him. and i want marinette but obviously that isn't going to happen huh?"
"you know it's not" i chip in.
"well-" james was interrupted by one of the assassins bursting through the doors yet again. he whispered in james ears and left quickly. soon followed by the rest of the assassins that had backed up james.
"well it's just your luck that i have to leave. i'll be back. you can count on that. and...my boss will be with me next time." he winked at me before taking his leave.
i turned around and hugged adrien.
"you idiot. please, i beg of you not to get involved. i don't want you to get hurt." i say, tears rolls down my cheeks.
"i'll never stop trying to protect you, marinette. i love you with all of my heart." he kissed my cheek before bringing me into a hug.
"none of us will. we all need you marinette. we're in this together." alya said.
i nodded my head.
"i need to make a phone call. i'll be two seconds. cole, come." i say and rush out of the room to my bedroom.
"what are you doing?" cole asked me.
"i had a plan. to show everyone that i can be a capable ruler. i made alliances with queen lila. to protect eachother. one phone call to her and she'll put her guards on a hunt for james and his boss.
cole nodded his head.
i pick up the phone and dial lila.
"this is lila."
"lila, it's marinette. i need you to return a certain favour."

2hours later..
"mother, father. it's all sorted. we don't need to live in fear like we thought. a while ago, i was trying to surprise you and show everyone that i can be a good ruler. i created an alliance with queen lila. i protected her a long time ago from king andre's army and princess chloe especially. she has agreed to return the favour my sending a man hunt for james and his associates such as is boss. lilas army is the best i've seen apart from ours, they'll never stand a chance." i smile.
both of my parents come and hug me.
"marinette, we are so proud of you. you have such a big heart and that will lead you to bigger and better things. you have turned into such a wonderful young lady and an excellent ruler already. we love you!" father said and they both squeezed me once again.
"i also wanted to tell you that i've found someone that i can be wedded to." i smile and wink to adrien. he smirks.
"and we support whatever decision that you make."
i kiss big my parents in their cheeks before walking over to alya and nino.
"i can't thank you enough for what you have done for me, the past few weeks. especially you alya, i know i asked a lot of you to keep this whole secret but i'm so grateful for you and glad that you found someone who makes you as happy as you make me!" i hug both of them.
"and i'd do it again mari. you're my bestfriend and i love you." i smile at her.
"and adrien. my love. my fiancé. it looks as if it's been a couple of hours but you have i idea how many years i have longed for the moment i could fall you mine. i love you so much. thank you for coming and saving the day as usual." i pull him in for the tightest hug i could ever give someone.
"marinette. i love you so much. my princess. we're in this together. you will never have to face any problems alone. we are all here for you especially me. i'm always going to be here to shoulder your burdens with you. i'll be your shoulder to cry on. forever and always, princess."
i pulled him in for the deepest kiss we have ever shared. it was filled with so much love and so much passion.
i can't believe this is the person i'm going to spend my whole life with. as king and queen. the perfect life with the perfect family.
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 132 14
Marinette has a secret... She's the princess of CHINA! Will Lila take her down, or will Mari be able to reveal her? The Class is on a field trip to C...
307K 4K 31
Marinette Keeps a secret that she is a princess. When it is finally time for her coronation she has her parents invite her whole class to China. Adri...
9.2K 168 12
Moving to a new place and leaving all your friends, family, and the one you love can be tough. Marinette moved from China to France, leaving behind e...
91.9K 1.4K 19
marinette was always known as a shy, clumsy girl but she is actually princess marinetta cheng of china. when a threat is sent out on marinetta, she...