#ChapterOne--

{Marinette POV}
Something was beeping. It was loud. I didn't like it at all I wanted it to stop. Was it in my dreams? I have no idea. It kept beeping and beeping and beeping. Ugh! I went to turn over to get away from the annoying sound, but as I was moving I heard another noise. Was that a... purr? I managed to open my eyes, only to come face to face with my black little kitty Plagg.
"Oh. Good Morning Handsome." I yawned to Plagg. He purred at me and moved away so I could see the time and turn off my stupid alarm. 8:30!!
"I'm Late!" I screamed. Oh no. I can't be late again. I quickly put on my Aztec patterned shorts, white vest top, a white cardigan and gold sandals.

"How do I look Plagg?" I asked him

"How do I look Plagg?" I asked him. He stared at me. Silence. Not even a purr.
"I'll take that as a, 'wow Marinette you look absolutely gorgeous, Adrien will defiantly ask you out before your coronation' compliment" I smiled at him and stroked behind his ears before I grabbed my bag and headed off to school.
It was such a nice, sunny day. It is the middle of July so I guess it's supposed to be. As I approached the school I saw Alya videoing herself. My guess is that she was either doing a musical.ly or she was filming for the Ladyblog.
"Hey Als, what's up?" I asked as I walked up to her and nudged her shoulder. She put her phone down and turned to me.
"Okay. So Nathaniel told Juleka and told Rose then Rose told Alix, then Alix told Kim, then Kim told Max, then Max told Nino then Nino told me that there's going to be a big announcement about the contest that the school entered and I think we won!" Alya said without a single breath.
"Okay Alya. Chill." We both laughed. We calmed down a bit and Alya was just about to explain in a better formation, when we heard two pairs of footsteps. Oh I wonder who that could be?!
Suddenly, Nino and Adrien popped up out of nowhere.
"Sup, dudettes. What's up?" Nino asked.
"So, Nathaniel told Juleka-" Alya began before I cut her off of her long explanation of 'what's up'.
"Basically, news has spread around that there will be a big announcement about the contest that we entered a few weeks ago and Alya thinks that we've won." I said. Alya looked at me unimpressed.
"Your welcome by the way." I said to the boys in a matter of fact tone.
"Why should we be thanking you?" Adrien asked slyly.
"Um well you see- um, I all saved you- I mean I saved you all, from Alyas massive talk about who told who about what" I say nervously. I was doing great until he showed up. Oh why does he have to be so kind, dreamy, talented, amazing- "inette?" I heard someone say. How dare they cut me off of my Adrien daydream.
"Uh yes?" I say embarrassed. "Want to go to class now?" Adrien asked me. I looked around and realized that Nino and Alya were already half way up the stairs and it was just Adrien and I standing in the courtyard.
"Uh yeah. Let's go." I smiled. Yes! 1 point for Marinette 0 points for Stuttering mess Marinette. I strides into class like the queen I was meant to be with people staring at me because I walked into class with Adrien!
I didn't think anything could bring me down from my could 9 but yet again, fate has other plans for me as I run into the devil herself. Chloe.
"Ahem! Well , well, well. Look who it is. Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Chloe spat.
"Good Morning Chloe. How are you?" I asked politely. If I'm going to become a ruler I must learn to respect and be polite and generous to everyone.
"Ugh. Don't be all nice to me just because you want to get on Adriens good side. Got it Maritrash?" She snarled at me.
"Of course chloe. And if there is anything you need, feel free to contact me." I gave her a mocking smirk as she flicked her hair over her shoulders and walked over, back to her desk.  I began to sketch an idea for my ballgown until Miss B comes.
A few moments later Miss Bustier walked into our classroom with a large smile on her face.
"Class! Please put everything down because this is extremely important." She addressed to the class as they put their things down and turned their focus on the teacher. Well, all except me. I couldn't think about some stupid contest. I'm about to become Queen in 3 weeks time I need to plan. So I continue to sketch.
"So as you all know, a few weeks ago, we entered a contest and I am very pleased to tell you that we won! Out of 268 schools all across France, we won. Well done everyone!" She said as everyone started clapping and cheering. I still couldn't care less.
"And, all contests have a prize. This prize is a very big prize this year. We are all going to...China for the princess Coronation!" She cheered. Wait. What!!!!
My pencil dropped on the floor with a loud clang. Everyone stared at me. China. Coronation? My! Coronation! This can't be happening!
"Is anything wrong Marinette?" Miss Bustier asked. "Oh no. Just my pencil must've rolled off of the table. Sorry Miss" I apologized before going to pick it up. The rest of the class flew over. Even though it was only lunch, I needed to go home and tell my parents. I ran out of school and headed to the bakery to inform the King and Queen on everything that's about to happen.