Luna Audrey

By nicolevf14

-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - To Serve
Chapter 2 - Emotions
Chapter 3 - Weakness
Chapter 4 - Hana
Chapter 5 - Confidence
Chapter 6 - Foreign Comfort
Chapter 7 - Preparation
Chapter 8 - Silver Chains
Chapter 9 - Unwanted Visitor
Chapter 10 - Kiss
Chapter 11 - Insults
Chapter 12 - Punishment
Chapter 13 - Broken
Chapter 14 - Try
Chapter 15 - Two-Hundred-Fifty
Chapter 16 - Secret Room
Chapter 17 - Hidden Scars
Chapter 18 - Don't Leave
Chapter 19 - Facing The Past
Chapter 20 - Blissfully Loved
Chapter 21 - Suspicions
Chapter 22 - Bloodlines
Chapter 23 - Unknown Circumstances
Chapter 24 - Heightened Senses
Chapter 26 - Tomorrow's Adventure
Chapter 27 - Tropic Sun
Chapter 28 - Glass of Bourbon
Chapter 29 - Traditions
Chapter 30 - Lunar Sea
Chapter 31 - Handshake
Chapter 32 - Troubles Await
Chapter 33 - Owen
Chapter 34 - Future Alpha
Chapter 35 - Answered Prayers
Chapter 36 - Burn
Epilogue

Chapter 25 - Terrified

121K 3.2K 233
By nicolevf14

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur.

After Trey and Silas were removed from the premises and Dean had a moment to calm down, he escorted me down to the infirmary and demanded a proper pregnancy test be done. Typically, a she-wolf's mate would be able to detect a change in her scent when pregnant, but if it was very early on like Trey mentioned, then it would be likely that Dean couldn't detect any changes just yet.

I felt numb and barely reacted as the doctors and nurses drew blood and requested urine samples from me. After only about an hour, it was determined that I was indeed, going to be having a pup. I was still in the earliest stages of pregnancy, and Dean likely wouldn't notice any changes in my scent for several more days or perhaps even a week.

I, however, was warned that I could begin experiencing symptoms any day. The nurses kindly warned me of nausea, potential vomiting, cramping, body aches, headaches, lethargy, and about fifty other symptoms that I couldn't even remember.

After all of the medical staff felt certain that we were properly educated for the time being, Dean and I were permitted to leave the infirmary.

Dean didn't say much, likely due to the same thoughts and emotions that I was experiencing. He would simply hold my hand and give it a squeeze or place a soft kiss on my forehead periodically. We both had a lot to process. It hadn't even been that long since we'd completed our mate bond – we certainly weren't expecting something this serious to happen so soon.

The doctor explained that I'd likely been close to my heat when Dean and I completed our mating, and although I was thankful I never had to experience heat, I was just as scared to go through pregnancy.

After we left the infirmary, Dean decided to take me outside to the pond at the back of the pack house, which was fed by a thin, quiet creek. Trees, benches, and some flowers surrounded the area, making it one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on pack territory. Despite the warm temperature Dark Root was experiencing today, I was thankful for the fresh air.

We sat on the bench and watched some of the fish swim around near the shallow parts of the pond, and I found myself falling deeper into my own thoughts.

"What're you thinking about?" Dean finally asked, his voice soft and steady.

I shrugged, keeping my eyes on the body of water in front of me.

"Audrey," Dean started, adding a stern edge to his voice. "As shocking as this news is, it's not something either of us can just ignore and not talk about."

I swallowed hard, fighting back the overwhelming emotions that hit me when Dean spoke. I knew he was right, but if I talked about it, it would become much too real.

"I'm terrified," I finally spoke.

Dean paused for a moment, contemplating his response.

"So am I."

My head snapped to look in Dean's direction, eager to see his expression and hear more of his thoughts on the subject. Most Alphas would be thrilled to know they would possibly have an heir for their pack, but Dean seemed just as troubled as I did. In a way, it was almost reassuring to know we were both feeling the same way about the matter.

"I've always wanted to be a mother," I started again, hoping Dean would open up more about his thoughts and feelings if I spoke up first. "I desperately wanted the opportunity to give a child love and a wonderful childhood, much unlike mine. I just never expected it to happen this early."

Dean nodded in understanding, but part of him seemed...relieved.

Had he thought I didn't want our pup at all?

"Just like any Alpha, I wanted an heir," he started. "Even putting the matter of heirs aside, I wanted children one day. I hoped to give them a better upbringing than I had, but at the same time, that's what worries me the most."

I nodded as Dean expressed his thoughts to me, and then just looked at him thoughtfully, hoping he would elaborate.

He let out a rough sigh, "I don't know anything about raising a child, Audrey. All I know is how my brother and I were raised. I don't want that for our pup, but we both know I'm not a good man. I want to give our child a better life than we've had, but I don't know how. I just know I'll fuck it up."

My heart broke at my mate's words. While he may not be perfect, neither was I, and I knew he would be a much better father to our pup than his father ever was to him. That, and I'd be here for both him and our children as well. I just knew that Dean would've had a better childhood if his mother hadn't been tragically murdered.

"You are a good man, Dean. There's no cookie-cutter definition of what it means to be a good person. I know you'll try your hardest to be the best father you can be, and I'll be here to make sure of it," I assured him, forcing a smile.

Dean smiled back at me for a moment, but it was short-lived. His smiled quickly faded as more worry consumed his features.

"I'm so sorry I've already put you through so much. I know none of this could be what you've imagined for yourself. I've been hard on you...you've had to make such a huge life transition, deal with my father, deal with me," Dean said, causing my heart to break even deeper.

"You saved me," I replied without hesitation. "If we weren't mates...if you'd never found me, I'd still be enduring the abuse of a man who isn't even my real father. Things may not always be perfect between us, but you've already made me so much stronger than I ever imagined I could be."

Dean chuckled lightly, his smile slowly reforming although he didn't seem completely convinced.

"I'm glad you see it that way," he told me. He seemed to be feeling guilty for our rocky relationship when we'd only just met.

"When do we announce this to the pack? I don't know how any of that works," I spoke up, changing the subject slightly.

"I'd like to wait until we know the gender," Dean told me. "I don't want to announce your pregnancy and cause any potential miscommunication through the pack."

I nodded, understanding his reasoning. "So, what now? Where do we go from here?" I asked, probably sounding a bit childish, but I truly didn't know. I was pregnant! That changes everything! Yet, for the time being, I didn't even feel pregnant...so it didn't immediately change anything...right?

"We go about our business. You continue to work on your duties as Luna and manage any pregnancy symptoms as needed. Our pack members will be able to smell a change in your scent soon, but they won't be able to ask us or publicly comment about it until it's officially announced. We work on ourselves and each other...and we prepare for what's to come," Dean said, sounding surprisingly wise.

"You're right," I murmured, quickly looking down. I felt a bit silly for worrying when I was still only in the earliest stages of pregnancy.

"What about my father? And Trey?" I asked, snapping my head back up to look Dean in the eye. Although I wasn't happy about the whole ordeal with them, I still didn't feel like I had all of the answers and closure I needed.

Dean's jaw visibly clenched, "That...is something we will have to play by ear as well."

I sighed, although I understood. Pack relations were complex. Dean had given Tropic Sun a chance, and Silas blew it. It didn't matter that he was my father by blood. He was still an enemy to Dark Root, and he'd pretty much screwed up any chance he had to resolve past issues with Dean and our pack.

"Trey seemed like a good person," I added, hesitantly.

Dean's muscles clenched again before he responded, "Maybe he is, but he's also your father's son and the Alpha of Tropic Sun. Maybe he is better than Silas, but he's going to have to prove himself for me to believe it."

As I absorbed Dean's words, I noticed that the sun was beginning to set. So much had happened in one day, I hadn't even realized how late it was.

"I guess we should be going inside soon," I said half-heartedly.

Dean cocked an eyebrow, "Why?"

I looked at him with a puzzled expression, "It's getting dark."

"So?" he challenged. "We are the Alpha and Luna of this pack, can we not do as we please?"

I chuckled at him, flashing him an amused smirk before shaking my head, "I guess you're right. I'm still not used to being outside after dark."

"You're not afraid of the dark are you, my Luna?" Dean teased, a hint of mischief flashing through his eyes.

I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"Well, we can certainly go inside if that's what you wish. You've had a very long day, and I'm sure you could use a good night's sleep," Dean said, slowly standing from the bench.

I followed his lead and stood as well, honestly more than ready to be in the comfort of our bed. I wasn't sure if I'd actually manage to sleep well, with all of these thoughts and emotions constantly running through my mind, but I was exhausted. I had to at least try.

"Once your pregnancy is announced, your duties as Luna will slowly decrease. Guards will have to accompany you, and at some point, you'll have to stop all together for a while," Dean told me as we walked back towards the entrance of the pack house.

"What?" I asked, instantly feeling troubled with his words. I'd only just gotten the freedom to act as a true Luna, and I was going to have it all taken away soon?

Dean glanced over at me, but kept walking, "You already had a target on your back as my mate, Audrey. Once it becomes public knowledge that you're carrying our child, both you and our pup become a huge target to any of my enemies. I have to keep you both safe. Once you have the baby and have recovered and adjusted properly, you'll be able to resume your duties and visits."

I sighed, looking down at the ground as we walked. I understood Dean's worry and protective instincts over both me and our unborn child, but that didn't make this any less disappointing.

Once we were back upstairs in our personal quarters, Dean decided to take a quick shower while I wasted no time getting ready for bed.

As I slid under the covers, I heard Dean's cellphone ringing in the bathroom. Moments later, he shut off the shower and answered it, sounding disgruntled. I strained to listen in from the comfort of our bed, but his voice was low and hard to understand behind the closed bathroom door. The whole situation was a bit odd, as Dean didn't typically get calls on his personal cellphone. In fact, I believed he only carried it in the case of a true emergency.

A few minutes later, Dean exited the bathroom and came to join me in bed, clearly trying to ignore the questioning look I was giving him.

After several seconds of me just staring at him, Dean sighed, finally ready to explain the phone call.

"It seems your brother is unwilling to leave us alone," Dean said, sounding thoroughly annoyed.

"That was Trey on the phone?" I asked, a bit shocked.

Dean nodded as he pulled the blankets up over his body and then leaned over to turn off the bedside lamp, "Yes. He's desperate to make a mends, but I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to further discuss anything else that's happened today. Tomorrow is a new day, and we can deal with it then."

I nodded in response, understanding completely as I was also both physically and mentally exhausted from the days events. Dean leaned over to softly kiss my lips before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close to his chest. I laid comfortably in his arms, finding comfort in his warmth and reassurance that everything would work out eventually.

My eyelids grew heavy quickly and my worries grew quieter, slowly but surely allowing me to drift off to sleep.

Well, sorry this chapter was a bit uneventful. I've been trying to write it for over a week now, but my life has been a bit of a shit-show recently which has not only caused me to be drained, but has caused a bit of writer's block as well. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I feel that the conversation between Dean and Audrey was very necessary before continuing with everything I have planned, even if it wasn't all that exciting.

Please continue to read, vote, comment, and give me a follow if you haven't already! I'll start working on an update for Luna Zahra ASAP, but in the mean-time, give Luna Hana or Luna Lena a read if you haven't already!

xoxo ~V 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 76.4K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
795K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
2.1M 45.3K 37
Samantha Carter had a huge crush on Lloyd Crawford, the next in line as Alpha of the Crescent Wolf Pack. Who wouldn't fall to this gorgeous looking g...
239K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...