Chapstick

By valntynne

2 nerdy, domestic brits who have to deal with their their audience and also privacy. Which comes first? They... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

196 9 5
By valntynne

3rd POV

"Phil we have to make a new gaming video!" Dan says practically yelling toward Phil.

"I know Dan! I have an idea of what we should play next!" Phil chuckles as he walks past him from their living room.

"Oh really? What would that be huh?  Philly?" Dan teases as he keeps his well-known smirk. "We should play...um...uhhh...oh my gosh! Dan! You made me loose it!" Phil complains as Dan bursts into a laughter.

"Oh I know! Let's play slender man!" Dan suggests. You were definitely able to see the fear on Phil's face when Dan mentioned it. The last times they've played, had definitely resulted in some nightmares they weren't ready for.

"Uhhhh not too sure dan. Don't you remember the last time we played? THERE WERE SO MANY JUMPSCARES!" Phil begged Dan not to play.

"Oh come on Phil, it wasn't that bad! Just one more game! Come one it'll be fun!" Dan encourages.

"Oh, alright but it better not be that spongebob one...that one frightened me for weeks!" "Yes! Come one let's go!" They both walked into the gaming room. Dan came in first waiting behind the door to scare Phil. Phil walks in looking for dan whilst looking down at his brightly red-colored phone. Suddenly out of no where, Dan attempts his jumpscare only failing and making Phil giggle. Dan just glared back at him.

"Whatever. Let's set this baby up!" Dan says.

~

Having been plugged in, with all lights off waiting for the game to load has definitely made this a fairly strange night considering they were playing a horrific game in the middle of March. Dan controlling the mouse and Phil guiding him was how its been on their gaming channel for only so long. Only this time, Dan offered Phil to play just to make his point about the game not being as scary as he remembered it to be. Phil made his 1st attempt of the night which was going well for the record. Until, suddenly,  slender man attacks their computer screen after finding only 3 out of the 8 pages. Both Dan and Phil scream in fright. With Dan's Loud shriek, and Phil's horrified face, the video was sure to be good. In fact, Dan had almost fallen off his chair again! They finally do their end screen and finish their video. Once they put everything away, Phil stares longingly to Dan making him smile in confusion. After all, they had just filmed a horror video (in March!).

"Yes, may I help you with something Phil?" Dan laughs.

"Hm? What?" Phil manages to say before escaping this  trance he was put in.

"You were staring at me." Dan said.

"I was? Oh...sorry!" Phil genuinely replied.

"It's fine." Dan chuckled.

"Hey dan, have you ever questioned something you were too scared to even ask yourself?"

"Well that's very 'out of the no where,' Phil." Dan laughed again.

"You're right. Never mind." Phil said embarrassed.

"Well, Phil to answer your question, I have multiple times, actually. Why the question?" Dan threw himself on the couch carelessly.

"Nothing. No reason.  Just curious I guess." Phil said simply.

"Also, you were right about slenderman. Not scary." Phil said to make things more comfortable for them both.

"Right?" Dan replied as he positioned himself into a nice browsing position. They both quickly glanced and each other. Dan and Phil had both liked each other whether they knew it or not, there was something there. The way Dan stares at Phil. The way Phil shows his affection towards Dan. Obviously, they had something going on.

~The next morning~

It was a quarter past 9 and Phil had barely gotten up. To his surprise, Dan had already been up.

"Whatcha doin' up so early, Dan?"

"What do you mean 'so early?' I always get up at this time." Dan said confused.

"I don't know. I guess I just thought you would've still been asleep." Phil said simple-mindedly.

"Phil...?"

"Yeah?"

"I swear there's something wrong with you!" Dan laughed.

"Phil?"

"Hm?"

"Remember that ridiculous question you asked yesterday?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"It got me thinking..." Dan said pouring milk into his bowl of cereal.

"I myself have been avoiding a question." Dan kind of mumbled toward the end of his sentence.

"Really?" Phil said interested in what Dan was about to say.

"Yeah..."

"Well, do you want to talk about it?" Phil asked.

"Well, uh nah...forget I ever said..." Dan trailed off back to his bowl of cereal.

"Alright. I'll be here if you decide you want to talk about it." Phil said with a smile.

"Yeah, I know. Well, I guess I do have one particular question."

"What's your question?"

"Have you been eating my cereal recently?" Phil turns nervously to the side from where they were sitting then over to the box of cereal. 

"I was hungry?" Phil finally responded.

"Phil! What the hell?! That's why you have your own!" Dan said angrily.

"Whatever. We need to get really for what I have planned today."

"You have something planned?" Phil said surprised.

"Yeah...why is that a problem?" Dan asked curiously.

"Well no, it's just that we never really do anything outside home...anyways, what do you have planned today, Danny boy?"

"Whoah! Don't like the way you said that. But uh...nothing much we just have to go get a few things for a new baking video I plan on making." Dan laughs pointing toward him.

"OO! Sounds fun!" Phil said excitedly.

"Yup! We're gonna bake cupcakes and decorate the hell out of 'em!" Dan, too seemed excited.

"Oh! What if we do another conjoined baking video like our Halloween one!"

"Where would we find the sweater?"

"I can find one on eBay!" Phil exclaimed.

"I guess we could try but for now, I need to get ready! It's about to be 1 and I ordered an Uber at 1:30!" Both Dan and Phil rush to their rooms up the stairs. Phil accidentally trips over one of the steps onto Dan. "Ah!" Was the only scream Phil was able to yell.

Dan on the other hand..., "FUCK! OW WHAT THE FUCK!" Dan said facing his entire body up-ward while Phil landing safely on top of him.

"Phil, how the fuck did you fall?!" Dan managed to say in the strange position.

"I don't know I must've slipped!" Phil breathed on Dan's face.

"Ok, well first of all, would you mind getting off of me? Second of all, I still don't even- never mind we're gonna be late!"

"Oh, c'mon it was funny!"

"It would've if you hadn't fallen on me. Then, I'd laugh and take you to the hospital!" Dan laughed at his clumsiness.

~1:25 PM~

"Phil! Are you done yet?! The Uber is almost here!" Dan yelled.

"Yeah! Hold on I've got one last sock to put on!" Dan rolled his eyes seeing Phil's mismatched socks. The car finally pulled over to the side and Phil hadn't put on his shoes yet and Dan started to get annoyed at him as usual. "Done!" Phil said walking out the door. Once they got there, Phil had asked why they didn't just order the stuff he needed online.

"Well, you make a good point there lad, but I still think its good to get out once in a while don't ya think Phil?"  Dan responded.

"I guess you're right. Oh! I was gonna ask if we could buy the little bags of marshmallows again!" Phil said excitedly.

"Hells ya we are! But where would we add the marshmallows on the cupcakes? " Dan asked holding his hand up to his face trying to contain his laughter.

"Oh, c'mon! Does it have to be for the décor of the cupcakes?! Why can't we buy it just because?" Phil answered in his puppy dog eyes holding the bag of marshmallows to his face.

"Oh, alright! Put it in the basket." Dan gestured toward the basket he was holding.

"YES!" Phil yelled in happiness. They had paid for all their necessities and walked out of Tesco.

"I'm getting hungry aren't you?"

"Yeah! I could eat a whole cow! Maybe not a cow...I could eat a whole buffalo!"

"Well, I guess we can look for somewhere to eat. What are you feeling?" Dan asked.

"Mmm...Chinese?" Phil suggested.

"Sure. Why not? Haven't had it in a while." Dan realized.

"Well, duh! Why do you think I always choose where to eat?" Phil teased. The ride to the little Chinese shop was quite short and uneventful but they had gotten there within a couple of minutes.

~

They choose their favorite table. Just right passed the entrance to the right in a little booth near a window with just the right amount of sunlight. Phil had ordered for the both of them while Dan reserved the table for them. As soon as Phil sat down, he noticed something. It was one of those things so noticeable you just couldn't help but stare.

"Dan your lips are really chapped you know that?"

" Huh? What? Oh, yeah..." Dan said glancing at Phil who was now staring out the window.

"Would you like to borrow my chapstick?" Phil asked calmly.

"You brought chapstick?" Dan chuckled.

"Yeah, and look who needs it!" Dan laughed.

"Sure," Dan said confused with a smile.

"127," a mature, strict lady called out.

"That's ours." Phil said.

"I'll get it." Dan said. Hah we're so domestic. Phil thought.

~

Since the time they got back, Phil was acting strange. He was acting shy I guess you could say and Dan hadn't known why. He really felt like asking him if something was bothering him. When Phil acts strange, he keeps his distance from the entire world. It was rare when Phil started act this way which was the reason Dan was becoming concerned.

~Later~

*Knock knock*

"Yes?" Phil opened the door for Dan to come in.

"Phil, ima just come out an say it. What the hell has been wrong with you?" Dan sighed.

"What do you mean?" Phil glanced at Dan as he walked toward the edge of his bed. Dan sat down next to him awkward-like. It made Dan quite nervous and honestly, he didn't know why.

"I don't know. I feel like you've been acting a little weird with me and I guess a little distant...I guess I just wanted to ask if you were ok..." Dan said as he immediately felt embarrassed too ask. Phil came up to him a little closer and placed his right hand on Dan's left shoulder.

"Dan, I fine. I really am. Thank you for looking out for me." Phil said with a warm half-smile. Clearly he's keeping something from me. Dan thought.

"Phil Lester, I don't believe you." Dan squinted at him walking out of the room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 12.2K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. π™š | B L U E Λ–βΊβ€§β‚ŠΛšβ™‘Λšβ‚Šβ€§βΊΛ– ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ π˜‰π˜“π˜œπ˜Œ π˜Œπ˜ π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜œπ˜›οΏ½...
29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...