āœ” It's Complicated, Mate!

By rkstories415

||FEATURED IN WATTPAD'S HUMOR PROFILE|| "It's almost like choosing between an espresso and a stuffed cheese o... More

NOTE
Meet my babies
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not an update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38(a)
Chapter 38(b)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Final Chapter

Chapter 9

433 63 112
By rkstories415

Diana's POV

So, you might be wondering what happened after I saw Ramon. Well, nothing of the sort that I feared. The run seemed to have cleared his mind.

Looking at Sandra, he asked, "Can I talk to her?".

I thought for a while and then nodded. Who was I to stop him anyway? He was still her boyfriend and I was sure he wouldn't harm her. He loved Sandra way too much to do that.

Ramon knelt in front of her and called,

"Sandra"

Her head was still bent, but her breath hitched. I could see that. Slowly he took her palms hands in his and said again,

"Please look at me, love."

Tears rolled down her eyes on hearing that. Ramon held on to Sandra's hands lightly sitting in front of her on the floor. I stood there for some time, before turning to leave the room and give them some privacy.

"Please stay." Ramon requested.

Surprised by the sudden request, I looked at him questioningly. He didn't say anything further. Maybe it is something related to our mate bond.

Yes, it is, but you won't understand, Amber quipped, our mate needs you around at this time.

I don't know why, but I snapped at her.

And you know that??

Of course, I know. Because I love our mate. He is a part of my soul and unlike you, I had never given up on him. Amber was angry, like very angry now.

I preferred staying silent, there was too much going on already. The last thing I wanted was my wolf blocking me permanently.

A voice cracked, "So-sorry Ramon. I-". Sandra was miserable.

Ramon cupped her face gently and with his thumb started wiping her tears.

"Don't be love. I can understand."

That stunned me and from the looks of it, even Sandra was. She lifted her face and looked at him in surprise.

"But..."

He intervened, "I am a werewolf. If not me, who would understand the mate pull. I know how strong it can be and how one cannot resist...". His throat clogged. Just for a second his eyes flickered to my side or did I imagine it.

I looked away from the scene in front. This was getting too much for me, but I had no option. I had to stay.

Ramon resumed talking, "Let's just forget about all that for now. Can I ask you something, Sandra?"

She didn't reply but gave a nod.

"Do you love me?"

Sandra's eyes filled up again and I understood why. Her answer would hurt Ramon more. My heart started thudding vigorously waiting for her answer.

Sandra stuttered, "I-I love you, Ramon. But..."

Ramon's face didn't show any emotion. A few seconds later, a gentle smile spread on his lips.

"But it is not enough to hold you back to me." He completed the sentence for her. Sandra's lips quivered as she tried to bite back the tears. She buried her face in her palms, sobbing continuously. Ramon stood up from his position and hugged her tight.

She hugged him back, crying on his chest. He kept on caressing her hair, holding her like a glass doll. When she relaxed after some time, Ramon said,

"I didn't ask to make you feel guilty or anything, love. I just wanted to hear that from you, before backing out. Wanted to ensure that I didn't give up on us without trying."

She raised her head and cupped his face with her right hand. "Ramon, I don't know how. I love you, but Jonas makes me feel-. I feared all those feelings. I swear I tried staying away, but it was-. Please don't hate me, Ramon. I can never live with your hate. Please, Ramon."

"Relax, Sandra. I understand. He is your soulmate. You are meant to be. Us, me- forget about all that. We had a nice journey. Don't you think so?", he smiled, "And are you mad, how can I hate you? I'll never ever hate you, Sandra. I have always lov-". He gulped.

"I wouldn't lie, Sandra. It hurts. It hurts a lot. But if you are happy, then that makes me happy. Let us not taint the beautiful time we shared with a bitter goodbye. Anyways this is not a goodbye. You are going to be the Luna of my pack. Can you imagine, my crazy li'l Sandra is going to be the Luna of a werewolf pack? God save the pack!!" She swatted him on his chest, smiling with tears in her eyes. Even I couldn't help smiling at the scene.

He planted a kiss on her forehead, closing his eyes.

"Your beta will be always there to help. Now smile." He pulled the sides of her lips with his fingers forming a smile. She chuckled looking at that.

Rubbing his palms, he asked, "OK, let's talk about some important things. Did you have anything to eat today?"

Sandra shook her head in negative, looking at him with a cute pout. He gave her a stern look and said, "I knew it. Let me fix something for you. You'll fall sick, crying so much on an empty stomach."

He stood up to leave, but Sandra pulled his hand. "Are we really good, Ramon?"

Ramon had a warm smile when he patted her hand softly and said, "We are."

*************

I had been standing behind Ramon for some time now. He wasn't aware of my presence as he chopped the vegetables and then looked for something in the cabinet. I was watching him working effortlessly in the kitchen.

Coughing a little, I tried to gain his attention

"You don't have to do that Diana. I know when you are around." Ramon said in his ever-so-husky voice.

He turned and smiled a little. I was speechless, why did I want him to look at me in the first place?

"Umm.. where is Adam?". He enquired, maybe as an effort to break the awkwardness of the situation.

"He is with Jonas. I mind linked Jonas to take him along when he left."

Ramon nodded and then went back to whatever he was doing.

I couldn't help but ask, "Ramon are you really fine?"

He didn't reply and I regretted asking that. Why did I have to go and rub it on his face, when he was being so normal?

But then he said, "I am not, Diana. But I am trying. Sandra and Jonas, both mean a lot to me. I wouldn't do anything that might hurt them." He stopped and then looked at me with a sincere smile, "As for me, I would be OK. It'll take some time. But I'll be OK."

I knew I should have said something, but somehow the words were jumbled up in my mind. Confused at my behaviour, I moved towards the dining area and sat there, fiddling with my fingers.

Someone placed a cup in front of me on the table. I lifted my head and found Ramon standing there with a tray.

"Have this coffee. It has been a long day for you too."

Sensing the confusion in my eyes, he added. "We have been together forever Diana, even though as enemies. But still, we were. I know your love for coffee. Please have it."

With that, he turned and left with the tray having sandwiches and juice for Sandra. My eyes didn't leave him as he disappeared at the topmost step and turned to Sandra's room.

My mind had so many questions. Who is this person? Did I know him? And why exactly did I hate him? I looked for the answer to that but got nothing. How could I be so wrong about someone? Ramon was nothing like I had thought. I felt petty about myself for making things up in my mind and hating him without knowing anything about him. Guilt washed over me, over things that I had said and done to him all these years.

Looking at the stairs, I felt a pang of jealousy hit me. My best friend was so lucky to have received his love when I was planning silly comebacks on him. He is just...

He is wonderful. Amber completed with tears in her eyes.

And for the first time that day, I and my wolf finally agreed on something.

He is wonderful.

----------------------

Somehow I have not been able to update my stories as per the schedule. I'm glad, this chapter is finally up.

Mind linking- so werewolves of the same pack can mind link each other to pass messages. Isn't that cool!!   I have used that in this chapter, hence mentioning.

'Who am I to stand in your way' was the song that I thought of in this chapter. So added a song for the first time in my book. I hold no right over the video, whatsoever. 

Let me know your views in the comments. Please read, vote,comment and share. :)

And to all those who have already left comments and voted for the story, Thanks a lot :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 185 21
intro in first chapter. read to find out. but.... Amber is a very rare werewolf, she gets teased very day by the same two boys, her life is a crazy s...
227K 7K 48
When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went through some tough sh*t and then like a phoe...
67 10 6
In a world where nothing is certain, there is no room for emotions. Every soul slowly surrenders, to something, or someone known as the devil. Every...
237K 10K 88
He takes another step forward and wraps his arms around me in a hug. Warmth fills me and soothes the parts of our body that touch. "Please," he mumbl...