dear juggie ☼ jarchie

By mooniesirius

The cocky Archie Andrews writes the inconsequential Jughead Jones a letter each year that he knows him, but h... More

Upcoming Fanfiction
☼ one ☼
☼ two ☼
☼ three ☼
☼ four ☼
☼ five ☼
☼ seven ☼
☼ eight ☼
☼ nine ☼
☼ ten ☼
☼ eleven ☼
☼ twelve ☼
☼ thirteen ☼
☼ fourteen ☼
☼ fifteen ☼ (SAPRISE SHAWTYY)

☼ six ☼

590 20 28
By mooniesirius

february 2010
thirteen years old

Archie sat at his desk confused as to how he's been staring at the blank sheet of paper for 10 minutes yet nothing's written down.

Writing a letter to a best friend should be easy shouldn't it?

Then why was  he struggling so bad?

It's just Jughead.

Jughead has amazing eyes, amazing hair, amazing sense of style, amazing lips, but all of that is too gay and Archie basically salutes at the term, "no homo"

Archie looked at the clock and saw that he had to be at the bus in 5 minutes. He groaned and shoved the paper away.

Stupid Betty is probably gonna get him a Valentine's Day gift anyways.

•••

Archie walked proudly into his classroom with his gift bag for Betty. He wasn't surprised as he received a bunch of gifts from random girls but there was only one girl on his mind.

See here's the thing. Archie loves and hates Betty. He loves Betty because she's just so loveable and she's so pretty and so cute and ah. But he hates her at the same time because lately she's been hanging out with Jughead a lot.

To the point where people are starting to spread rumors about them dating. Archie didn't like that.

Yah it's okay for Betty to date whoever she wants but he didn't want that person to be Jughead. He has nothing against Jughead it's just he feels like they aren't compatible enough like him and Betty are.

Archie looked over at where Betty was sitting and saw that she was getting all these gift bags from other guys. Archie frowned a bit and sat down and watched from afar at all the gifts she was getting.

Most of them were these big heart boxes of chocolates, tons of flowers, and love notes.

Archie's jaw dropped.

All he got her was a gift card for the movies.

He looked down at his small gift bag and at her big gift bags and grumbled something under his breath and pushed the bag off his desk and huffed.

He felt someone sit beside him making him peek up.

"Contemplating your life again Andrews?" Reggie asked.

"What else would I possibly doing?" Archie sighed.

"Jeez i dunno maybe giving Betty that gift you got her?"

"No can do." Archie said kicking the bag that's now on the floor.

"What? Why not? I bet you went all out for her."

"Well what did you get her?"

"I got her a bunch of candy."

"Ugh see! That's exactly why I can't give mine to her!" Archie groaned retreating back to laying his head on the desk.

"Oh please your gift can't be that bad." Reggie reached down and grabbed the gift bag and opened it and cringed a bit. "Yah you're screwed."

"Is it really that bad?"

"I mean no but that's not really a good gift. No one actually uses movie gift cards. No one uses gift cards in general. They have a little spot where they keep the gift card and it's never to be seen again. But candy though? That's a way to a girls heart. They eat candy within the seconds they get them." Reggie said.

"Thanks for the motivation and the TedTalk Reggie." Archie said rolling his eyes. "I really want Betty to like me. I mean how could she not? For a 13 year old I could end up in a Esquire magazine. Right reg?"
Archie looked to Reggie.

Reggie was laughing but Archie didn't know why. He didn't say anything funny.

Archie ignored him and looked away. He looked over at the teacher who was asleep in her chair as usual. This class was basically study hall since she literally didn't teach anything. He didn't even know what this class was originally supposed to be. He wasn't complaining though,

Archie looked over at the door just as jughead walked in. Late and no backpack as usual. Archie was caught off guard. Not because he was late or because he didn't have his backpack because his usual signature beanie was not placed upon his head. Instead jughead had let his messy waves of brunette fly free.

Jughead looked around and saw how everyone was giving each other a valentines gift and he smiled a bit hopefully thinking he might get something so he sat at his desk patiently sitting up straight. (Even tho nothing about this boi is straight)

Jughead watched as people walked towards him with gifts and would smile but would frown as they would keep walking and give the gift to somebody else.

Jughead didn't buy a gift for anyone. He didn't really know anyone. I mean yah he knows Archie, Reggie, and Betty but they're really popular. And he wouldn't know what to get someone with such high authority.

So he sat and waited. Hopeful but slowly loosing hope. He knew that no one would get him a gift. Why would they anyways. But he still liked to believe they would.

Archie sat down beside Jughead making him jump.

"Sorry." Archie laughed a bit. "You looked lonely-"

"As usual." Jughead said.

Archie, looking offended, said, "and I wanted to come sit beside you because I know I don't make you feel lonely since we literally hang out everyday. But whatever you're stubborn."

"You know me too well Archie."

"I know more about you than you do yourself Juggie. Don't ever doubt me."

"Never said I would."

"Now tell me, why do you appear to look so lonely and sad? It's Valentine's Day. Gifts, candy, love. What's there to be sad about?" Archie asked.

"Maybe I'm sad because I'm not getting any of those things." Jughead said.

"Oh cmon I bet somebody got you something! You just don't wanna admit it because it's a bad gift. Or maybe you have a secret boyfriend or girlfriend you aren't telling me about." Archie asked sounding a bit alarmed at the last part.

"No boyfriend or girlfriend. Just not really someone that people think about when Valentine's Day comes around."

Archie frowned heading that and looked back at his desk seeing the abandoned gift bag. He got up and walked over to it and took it and ripped the "To Betty" tag off it.

Jughead looked over at archie just as he started walking back. Jughead nearly gasped when Archie placed the bag on his desk.

"For...me?" Jughead asked.

"No for Mrs Willis." Archie said looking over at his sleeping teacher then looked back at jughead. "Of course it's for you."

"You really thought about me?" Jughead asked.

Well really archie DID think about Jughead. The movie card wouldn't be as meaningful as the letter was supposed to be but he still thought of him. "Of course I did."

Jughead opened the bag quickly and gasped. "Archie oh my god this is so expensive."

Jughead was confused as to why archie started laughing.

Archie quickly stopped when he realized Jughead was serious.

"Jug it's really not expensive. 20 dollars at least. And there's like 20 dollars on there as well."

"Oh...it's just I've never been to a real movie theatre before. I've only been to the twilight drive in with my parents and sister. But even then they would have to sneak me and my sister in because they didn't have enough money for all of us."

Archie looked at Jughead sadly. He feels like he does that a lot. He doesn't like looking at a sad Jughead.

"Oh Juggie I'm so sorry I didn't realize that at all. I wouldn't have laughed if I knew."

"I know you wouldn't." Jughead smiled at him a bit.

Archie smiled back and nudged him. "I'm glad to see that you're gonna use it. I hope."

Jughead looked at him eagerly. "I'm using it tonight. Me and my family."

Archie laughed at his eagerness and looked back at Reggie who was motioning him over.

Archie stood up and ruffled jugheads hair. "I hope you have fun with that." He was about to walk away but Jughead grabbed his arm. Archie looked back at him a bit concerned.

"Would you like to come with us? I mean you haven't really met my mom. And also you got me this anyways and this is how I wanna thank you."

"No Juggie really you use that for you and your family."

"Please archie I want you to come." Jughead said pleadingly.

And with a friendly request hanging in the air and jugheads big green eyes staring at him, Archie realized something. Betty wouldn't have liked the gift he got her. But of course Jughead did. Jughead would like any gift he got him no matter how expensive or cheap or big or small it is.

So with that, Archie said yes.

•••

WELL SOMEONE HAS SOME EXPLAINING TO DO

I can't even remember the last time I updated this.

That's why you guys got a long? chapter. And a very cute one might I add.

I've been extremely busy. With school and with drill team. Which btw we won our competition last weekend and got qualified to go to Best of the Best in February.

With that excitement that's why I picked February for this chapter.

But I go to school from 7am to 5pm because of practice and by the time I get home I gotta do homework which I get a lot of, eat dinner, and hopefully get a good nights sleep which I haven't been getting.

And on the weekends I usually have ROTC events such as parades and competitions.

So I haven't been getting much breaks. But my winter break starts on December 19th. So there may or not be an update sometime around there.

I'm eating a pizza pocket while writing this. Multitasking.

~Kaitie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1K 35
-Veronica Lodge ran away from her perfect New York life. But perfect was completely the wrong definition of her life. She finds a town with a family...
132K 4.7K 25
Her life changed after that quiet buzz of her phone. Or... Betty is a typical teenage girl, with a little too controlling mother, a loving father, tw...
1.6K 45 7
"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." ~Edgar Allen Poe Archie Andrews and Jughead Jones rent a old abandoned hotel over the w...
429K 10.3K 103
The story is about Bughead. Also consists another ships. Betty is a new girl in Riverdale. She moved here with her dad, brother and sister, after her...