EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

3 | West Bridge High

1K 34 7
By True_Hawaiian

Zaya POV

"You told."

"N-no I didn't I swear!" I continued to back away.

"Lying to me, Ford? You should know I have eyes all over." He creeps toward me carrying a knife.

"Only my d-dad but that's it!" I looked behind me seeing nothing but pure darkness. "Please I had to." I defended myself.

"I told you what would happen."

I forgot how much ground I had left and I lost my footing, falling deep down Into the mysterious darkness. Until I reached the ocean that waited below.

I had such a hard time keeping up I was starting to drown. It happened so quick my lungs filling up with water. Couldn't breathe, couldn't swim, couldn't function.

This is it.

I'm going to die.

"Zaya wake up!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me. "Zaya!"

Wait.

My eyes suddenly shot wide open as I cough repeatedly. It was a nightmare... again.

"You should have seen your face." Ezra stands before me holding his phone in one hand and a empty cup in the other.

"EZ, YOU THREW WATER ON ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!"

"How else was I supposed to wake you?" He makes a face as if there was no other way. "Look at your face. This is my new photo for you."

I had no other words. All I could do was glare at him.

"Cmon you can't hate me forever. You love me either way, you know why?" He smiles brightly. I roll my eyes and slump into my now wet bed.

"Because I'm your best friend that's why!"

That is true, he is. We grew up together- well we grew up with others as well but me and him always clicked a different way. Ezra always no matter what the situation was- had my back.

He knows when something bothers me.
I'm the one that keeps him in check.
His mom-who's my dads sister, moved in when my mom was pregnant with my baby brother, Jake. So it was so great for him and I.

"What are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school or something?" I run my hand through my damp hair.

"What do you think? I came to escort you to your new school! I couldn't let my best friend wander."

Shit I totally forgot!

"No I hate being the new girl! Especially when it's in the middle of the first semester." I frown. "Too much attention."

"Cʻmon it'll be fun. No parents, no rules, no worries." He removes the sheets that covered my legs. "And more importantly youʻll be with me so thatʻs a bonus."

Ezra and the rest of my childhood friends go to this boarding school called, West Bridge located all the way in the mountains of Minnesota. Its where rich kids go to for kids whoʻs parents have ordinary jobs. 

Which is the school Iʻm transferring to because my parents think itʻll be safe for me. None of my friends know not even Ezra knows what happened to me.

"How the hell does that sound fun?"

"Parties!"

"Hangovers." I state.

"No rules."

I sigh, "Chaos."

"Me."

"Headache." I smirk earning a pillow in the face.

"This is your chance to shine and start over. Let the people see who Zaya Ford really is..." I look at him with a peculiar look. "A stubborn pain in the ass who has a smart ass mouth."

"Your no angel either, Mr Manwhore."

"Shut up this not about me. This is about you and how you let people walk all over you." He grabs my hands pulling me up. "West Bridge is gonna break you out of your shell and when it does we are gonna have so much fun."

When Ezra left my room I finally could get dressed. Which consisted ripped skinny jeans and a black halter top, majority of my clothes and stuff is in my dorm room already thanks to my dad.

Before I walked out of the door I took a good look at my room.

See you later I guess.

"Zaya, LETS GO!" I heard Ezra shout from down below. I roll my eyes as I shut my door. I jog down to see my aunt, uncle, mom, and dad.

"Ezra make sure you keep an eye on her. Dont leave her to figure out shit on her own." My aunt scolded him making me stick my tongue out towards him.

"Mom you underestimate me." He smirks.

"Scratch that. Zaya honey, watch him and make sure he stays out of trouble." No way Ezra is gonna stay out of trouble. It's not humanly possible.

I look at Ezra and smirk."Ill try but hes a stubborn pain in the ass."

"Zaya." My mom scolds me for my fowl mouth as for my dad and uncle just laugh.

"Be safe baby girl." My dad changes the subject pulling me into his embrace. "Everything's going to be fine, okay? I promise."

Why don't I feel reassured?

"If you need anything just call okay?" My mom says.

I don't know maybe I'm overreacting...

"Guys Im like a couple hours away, Ill visit on the weekends."

Seriously, How bad can it be?

~~~~~~~

"Holy shit." I gawk at the large building before me.

"Cʻmon." Was all I heard Ezra say. By the time I looked down he was already inside. I quickly ran inside the crowded halls, running into a few people. Finally catching up to him already people started to stare.

Being the center of attention is discomforting. When I went to that all girls school they would taunt me because I always did my homework. My aunt Jade said it was because they were jealous of me.

I say otherwise.

"I cant do this." I stopped in the middle of the hallway. I could feel my heart rate increase.

The looks, the whispers, I can't handle this.
I hate attention.

"Zaya you have nothing to worry about. You have to stop stressing." He drapes his arm over my shoulder earning a few glares from girls.

My cousin is a handsome guy its kinda funny how girls feel threatened when they donʻt even know the situation. "Cʻmon I have a surprise for you."

I hate surprises.

"I know you hate surprises but you're gonna have to deal with it." He adds.

"Damn you."

Going to a new school in the middle of the school year is the most nerve racking thing in the world. Well one of the most nerve racking thing. But still itʻll take me forever to get the hang of-

"ZAYA!" I was so lost in my thoughts I didnt get a chance to stand my ground. Before I knew it I was on the ground with this weight I call, Maria. "Finally another girl I can relate to! All these chicas are loca!"

"I missed you too, M."

Maria Sanchez, the fiercest girl I know. Doesn't take shit from no one and always speaks her mind. Just like her mother who is my moms best friend, Aunty Jazlyn.

"Girl we are gonna have so much fun together. We are going to party like no tomorrow."

Why does everybody want to party.

"Zaya doesn't party she's a nerd." He came from around the corner with a cheeky smile.

I cross my arms. "Doing my homework and turning it in on the due date... does not make me a nerd, Andrè."

He waves it off. "Homework is for bitches."

I glare at him as he flashes a bigger smile.

"I missed you." He wraps his arms around me as I continue to keep my arms crossed.

"Yeah right." I scoff.

Andrè Sanchez, also known as Maria's twin brother. Who loves to live on the edge like Ezra. Those two idiots together would always get into some kind of trouble. But you gotta to love them, flaws an all.

"Welcome to West Bridge or what I like to call it... hell." Andrè drops his voice for affect.

I observe the halls and it looks like any other high school hallway. The jocks flexing, girls gossiping, some reading, and others-

Wait what's happening?

Kids are practically diving to get out of the way of the three figures that strut down the hallway like they own the place. Some bow their heads while others run for their lives.

The light shining through the window behind them outlined their bodies. I squint my eyes a bit trying to get a better view.

"Here we go." María sinks into the lockers with her arms crossed.

"What's going on?"

"Always knows how to make an entrance." Andrè chuckles, tucking his hand in the front pocket jeans.

The guy in the middle is what catches my eye, he walks with a bit more confidence.

"Rainer Hunt..." Ezra starts as he guides me to step aside.

"The most feared person in the school." Andrè adds.

"Everyone knows not to mess with him or his gang." Maria chimes in.

"Gang?" A sudden knot was forming in my throat.

I came here to get away from people like that.

As they three figures got closer I finally get a better view.

Oh my god.

It can't be.

FlashBack

"I told you to cooperate ."

"I don't know anything. All I know is that it's a big company that helps non profit organizations." I cried. "You have to believe me."

"Pégale." He orders and the left guy hits me again. "Why are you lying? Do you enjoy getting hurt?"

"I'm not lying! I don't know anything!"

"Pégale."

End of FlashBack

Rainer Hunt was the asshole that threatened my life.

The leader.

I go to the same school with my kidnapper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

I changed the name of this book to EXPOSED.

This will be an exciting journey for Zaya.

Thoughts so far?

I'll be updating every Friday.

Xoxo
True_hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 550 29
"Mich... Michael! No, this is not right. Go away." Rose shook her head while stepping back. Ignoring her words, Michael walked forward till he caged...
314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
106K 3.3K 10
"I try to control my anger, I really do." He looked so broken, I couldn't do anything but stroke his cheek as a tear fell down his face. I kissed his...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...