Harry Potter and the Altered...

By SamanthaPerry0

Percy Jackson was nineteen, nearly twenty years old and was the boss of an aquarium of his own. Demigod life... More

Warning for Story
Prologue: The Abused Boy
Chapter 1: The Letter
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: Classes
Chapter 5: The Duel
Chapter 6: Halloween Feast
Chapter 7: The Match Disaster
Chapter 8: Christmas Parties
Chapter 9: The New Years Party
Chapter 10: The Mirror
Chapter 11: The Forest
Chapter 12: The Minion
Chapter 13: Summer Holidays
Chapter 14: The House Elf and Diagon
Chapter 15: The Dysfunctional Platform
Chapter 16: New Friends and Second Year
Chapter 17: Babied Plants and An Idiot Professor
Chapter 18: Teaching DADA and the Strange Ravenclaw
Chapter 20: I Swear I Really Did Hear a Voice in the Wall
Chapter 21: Deathday Party is a Thing Apparently
Chapter 22: The Writing in Blood
Chapter 23: Lockhart (As Usual) Makes a Fool of Himself
Chapter 24: The Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 25: Christmas Hols
Chapter 26: The Diary
Chapter 27: T.M.Riddle
Chapter 28: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 29: Recap
Chapter 30: Reveal
Chapter 31: Summer Year 2
Chapter 32: The Dog
Chapter 33: Wanted Sirius Black
Chapter 34: Dementors
Chapter 35: First Day Classes
Chapter 36: The Wardrobe Seems Possessed
Chapter 37: The Werewolf
Chapter 38: The Giant Sleepover
Chapter 39: The Haunted Game
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: The Patronus
Chapter 42: The Interesting Case of Sirius Black
Chapter 43: Exams with a New Creature
Chapter 44: Welp, Never Getting a Rat as a Pet
Chapter 45: Moony and his Cub
Chapter 46: The Godfather Oath and an Idiot Minister
Chapter 47: Summer Year 3
Chapter 48: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 49: The World Cup
Chapter 50: What in Hades is the Dark Mark Doing at the World Cup?
Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4
Chapter 52: The Three Unforgivables
Chapter 53: The Other Schools
Chapter 54: Harry's Idea
Chapter 55: The Unintentional Fourth Champion
Chapter 56: First Duel of the Dueling Tournament
Chapter 57: Oh Look Another Dragon
Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament
Chapter 59: The Ear Splitting Shriek That Neville Says Comes Out of the Egg
Chapter 60: Yule Ball
Chapter 61: I Gain New Friends
Chapter 62: The Mad Couch...I Mean Mr.Crouch
Chapter 63: The Third Task
Chapter 64: The Reveal
Chapter 65: The Hidden Minion
Chapter 66: The Parting of Ways
Chapter 67: Summer Year 4
Chapter 68: The Cold Wind
Chapter 69: The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 70: The Idiot Minister
Chapter 71: The Warnings From a Hat
Chapter 72: That's It, Dolores Umbridge is From Tartarus
Chapter 73: It Was Not Worth It
Chapter 74: A Godly Wrath

Chapter 19: The Black Lake

18.4K 667 324
By SamanthaPerry0

I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Underlines - Quotes from the book

Italicized Bolded - Grindylow/Selkie Speak (màthair = mother in Scottish Gaelic)

After getting a semi-schedule around his now hectic life, Harry finally found the time to test his new ability of breathing underwater.

So, one crisp, slightly cold morning, he grabbed his swim-shorts and shirt before making his way down toward the lake. Eclipse was swinging between his legs, his tail moving side to side in a way to always brush up against his moving legs.

He ignored his pet for the moment, more focused on putting warming-charms all his swim-clothes, especially knowing that the lake might be cold and he didn't know if he got his father's ability to survive any water temperature right now.

After the charms were set, he set one around the a small portion of the lake to not draw attention to the particular area. He didn't want a teacher coming over and spotting his towel, glasses, wand, robes, and his cat there and assume he might be drowning or going against school rules.

He wanted to be undisturbed for the most part. So, he set a heating charm on his robes for Eclipse to lay down on, set his other items next to his cat. He slowly wadded into the lake. Noting that despite the cold weather outside, the lake was actually pretty heated, and he could tell because his hands should've been cold (as he didn't have heating charms on his skin) but they weren't.

Taking a breath and getting the courage to duck his head under the water, he kept to the shallow end, ready to burst out of the water, and cautiously opened his mouth under the water.

Not blowing air out or getting any in. He noted that no air bubbles actually left his mouth, or any water enter his mouth. So he opened his eyes (noting that his eyesight was actually better underwater than out of it) and quickly took a breath in, ready for any coughing that may occur.

But, instead of water entering his lungs, it was indeed air. Swallowing at the knowledge that apparently his magic did in fact give him his father's water powers, he started to move toward the bottom of the lake.

But he kept floating off the sandy ground, and got so annoyed he used the limited (at least for now) wandless magic he knew and stuck his feet to the ground.

While not heavily stuck, it did make it easier to move through the lake. With this, he started to look around the lake, ready for any possible dangers (there wasn't really any book out there describing what really was in the lake. Sure you had your Giant Squid, Grindylow, and Selkie. But there had to be more to the lake than just those creatures).

The book barely described any of the fish that were swimming all around him, some he noted to be the toothpick sized, and then others almost ,medium-dog sized.

He blinked a few times at seeing the Giant Squid which was currently slightly blending itself into the wall that he knew had the Slytherin dorm in it.

He was almost so lost in thought, he hadn't seen a lone, small Grindylow come closer to him. Until it wrapped it's tentacles around his arm and started using small pricks along its tentacles to dig into the skin.

It hurt, and if there were more of them Harry probably would've used magic to get him off. But he couldn't help but look at the small, horned, pale-green water demon who was sticking its tongue out him and just think "cute".

Honestly, he should really learn better than thinking certain creatures were cute, he was starting to turn into Hagrid or Newt Scamander.

So, he slowly just use to the prickling of his skin from the slightly sharp tentacles that seemed to have small teeth in them for gripping items or for a weapon, and reached a hand out in front of the Grindylow, slowly he put it on the babies (assuming from the small size and it's barely grown in teeth) and slowly rubbed it's stomach.

The Grindylow made a weird rumbling sound that had a heavy note in it and Harry noted it was their version of laughter as the Grindylow on his arm was moving back and forth, trying to keep away from the finger, but all the while showing a sharp smile and wasn't releasing his arm to fully get away.

Grinning at himself for making the Grindylow happy, he stopped tickling the Grindylow, who in return made a chirp type of sound that seemed to ask why he stopped.

Harry grinned, but it tinted with sadness because at that moment, he fully wished he had the ability to talk to water creatures like his father. Even if it was just magical water creatures, he would be happy.

A warmth washed over him sudden, and seeming to be out of nowhere (he never noticed his magic shifting slightly at it's wielder's wish). It was weird, because he's heard of cold spots in part of the ocean and other bodies of water, but he doesn't remember warm-spots really being a thing, I mean he's heard of such a thing but never really experienced it before.  

Shaking his head, he asked the Grindylow in what he thought was English, "Can you please let go of me, little guy, I would like to explore the lake a bit more before I have to go back."

A sharp, high pitch voice seemed to respond, "Aww, but I want to play more."

Harry too shocked to really say anything, just stood there gaping at his new friend. Who was the one that the sharp tone of voice came from.

Shakily taking a breath to regain his balance over the conversation he was now having, he responded, "Well, I can always return again another day. Perhaps you can take this time to warn some creatures of the lake I wish them no harm?"

The small creature on his arm just nodded and Harry felt the spiked tentacles detach off his arm until it was floating in the water. "We shall never harm the Grandson of our Ruler! But, I shall spread the words regardless. Wait until I tell màthair, she will faint with the knowledge I know the Grandson of our king!"  

With that, the small child Grindylow swam back toward it's nest to spread word that the descendant of Poseidon was blessed them with his visitation (or at least, that's the words the small Grindylow king decided to use).

With his conversation with the small Grindylow over, Harry decided to move toward the deeper part of the lake, noting that it was much deeper than he had actually anticipated and briefly wondered just how far it will go.

Debating on if he had the time or not, he decided to inch toward the lower part of the lake, where the sun was much harder to reach. He passed a town of Nymphs and their cousins Selkie that seemed to be watching him slightly warily, but just let him be.

As he reached toward the darker part of the lake, he noted an entrance toward a cave system at the deepest part of the lake where light reaches it enough to cast a sort-of shadowed look over the lake.

But the cave he saw, was the deepest and darkest part of the lake it seemed, for even the entrance was pitch black, showing nothing of the secrets that it may be hiding.

If not for the pulsing of Hogwarts, Harry might've turned back around to explore another day where it might be safer, but Hogwarts seemed to be edging him toward it. Saying that all would be fine, that she would protect him should he need to.

But what drew him most toward it, was the feeling inside him that he was going to meet a long-time friend in their. Something that would help him and protect him just as much as his father does.

With this feeling, Harry drew upon his wandless magic with little thought and created a two small Lumos. One to hover in front of him, leading his forward, and the other resting on his shoulder so he could turn and look around without worrying about what he may walk into.

With this, his Gryffindor side took over, and he went inside the cave system that was awaiting him.

The cave started to just wound upward slightly before twisting and turning. There was nothing special that he could really see, other than the walls seemed a bit smoother than that of the lake walls just the layer above.

It was like some sort of hard skin was rubbing against the walls every now and again, smoothing it out enough that it doesn't hurt to enter and exit the cave.

Shaking his head at his thoughts, Harry ventured slowly down the cave system, stopping briefly when something glinted along the sanded ground.

Moving toward it, Harry picked up the shiny object and noted that it was a deep blue scale that seemed to simmer in the light that was provided by the lumos.

The deep blue scale had crescent shaped toward it and seemed to be shifting between wanting to be blue and green. Seeming to capture one's attention almost instantly in a hypnotizing sort of way.

He was so enchanted by the scale, that the deep smooth voice startled him enough to drop the scale.

"Why has someone so young, entered my domain," the voice sounded like it belonged to a large sort of body, as it had an aged way toward it that seemed to echo throughout the cave.

What was most shocking to Harry, was the fact that he was speaking in English.

"You, you can speak English," Harry stuttered surprised and slightly nervous. But Hogwarts seemed to have sensed his trepidation and wrapped him in a sort-of comfort bubble in his mind, reminding him that she was still beside him.

"That I am, Young Childe. That does not answer my question of why you have entered my cave," the old voice spoke, there was no anger, or wariness that Harry expected, but rather what seemed like slight-amusement.

"Well, I mean, Hogwarts hinted I should go in here. But well, it just felt right," Harry managed to get out, wondering what exactly was hiding in the darkness that surrounded him.

Because as he took a closure look toward the way the voice came from, in front of him his cave seemed to open up into another dark sort of room, meaning he had no idea just how big the sea creature he was talking to was.

"Hmm, so it seems Fate is rewriting their plans. Of course, that happened when one is adopted by the Sea Prince. Tell me, Sea Grandchilde, what exactly do you think I mean toward you?"

Harry was confused for a second, trying to decipher what the sea creature was asking of him. But as soon as he got it, he liked his salty, suddenly dry lips. "Well, if you wanted to have killed me you would've done so already. Hogwarts seems to trust you, as you do live under her and her wards and still live. Um, you aren't angry at me for trespassing into your cave, or have any fear toward me. But I don't really know what you expect of me or mean toward me or my apparent future the fates are planning."

The cave grew quite, in an awkward way for Harry at least. As all he really heard was the shifting of the large creature that was in front of him hidden in the darkness. At least, it was quite until a rumbling could be heard in front of him. For a second, Harry thought the creature was hungry, until he felt Hogwarts utter happiness. Wondering what was happening but not wanting to interrupt the creature, Harry asked Hogwarts.

In reply, Hogwarts lead him toward one of his memories of Eclipse purring in happiness and pleasure.

Stumbling at the sudden connection and wondering just what his reply did to make the sea creature so happy with him, Harry cautiously asked. "If I may be so bold, what creature am I talking to?"

The rumbling slowly stopped, as silence lapsed on (especially as there appeared to be no fish done this cave or any other sea creature) Harry got a reply.

"I am one of the oldest sea creatures that is known. Often nothing is written about them other than pirates tale," as the creature spoke, the darkness which seemed to surround the creature seemed to lighten, like Hogwarts was slowly lighting the place up enough for him so see the terrifying creature, "warnings given to sea travelers because nothing can harm or kill me."

With those words, the creature that had hidden in the dark emerged into the light that was being given off for Harry to see the creature. Deep blue-green enchanting scales that were reflecting off the light. Leading up toward a serpent with a single head that had sharp red eyes, it's face seeming to have barbels coming right beside the nose while it's neck seemed to be larger than that of a football field, and where it's head seems to connect to the neck, was a slightly line that if Harry had to guess, was some sort of scar tissue. Why the sea creature had it, he had no idea.  

"I am the Leviathan, often called the Water Hydra, Young Childe."  

Websites Used in the Making of This Chapter:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Grindylow
http://www.cryptopia.us/site/2010/08/lotan-mediterranean-sea/
http://manmythmagic.blogspot.com/2014/11/creatures-of-deep-sea-serpents-part-one.html
http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Nymph
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_Giant_Squid
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Selkie

Word Count: 2319

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 703 13
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON (RICK RIORDAN) OR HARRY POTTER (J.K ROWLING). Ten-year-old Percy Jackson is an orphan. On his eleventh birthd...
496K 16.4K 28
*NO GREEK MYTHOLOGY* Perseus 'Percy' Achilles Jackson was always in foster care. Never knew his real parents or how he got his powers of water and sh...
437K 10.4K 29
Percy Jackson and Harry Potter, two of our most favored heroes, meet in this epic adventure. Chiron and the gods send Percy and his friends to Hogwar...
233K 9.2K 57
Percy Jackson lost his mother at a young age. From then on he was stuck with his abusive step-father, Smelly Gabe. He didn't have much. Just one good...